• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
How do you trade in 100% units?

edit: never mind I found it in the shop. I was really close to selling a few units I'm glad I didn't.

Hmm, I guess I have to trade in all these units that I have max awakened and leveled up but that I'll never use again, like my old Cecil, Refia, Butz... Man these guys used to be in my A-team. How are you guys coping with this lol

edit more: Ok, I just sold off 97 units for 13,000 points. I massively erred on the side of keeping some units I had maxed at 5/6* max level because I realized a lot of these units see regular use in expeditions. I probably could get rid of 10-20 more units but figure better safe than sorry. Felt bad enough getting rid of the 97 I did (RIP 2 of my Rebertas T_T )

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, I've kept a few of my more commonly used units for expeditions, specifically. Thankfully only a few were 100%, the rest I just tossed into the blender.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Well shit( seems the game is experiencing high traffic and booted me out! That's a first!

Reminds me the old good days :tm:

June 2016
Screenshot_20160629-210554.png
Screenshot_20160629-220409.png
Screenshot_20160629-213917.png

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
i was clearing the Scorn of Intangir trial, and it keeps making me replay the last turn. I get booted out immediately upon trying to connect to the "cleared" screen. ugh.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the game's messed up right now, can't do anything without a connection error booting me out and then asking for a 240kb download.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
You know. In the era of 7* units. Why would you use max 6* unit? Either one doesn't have better to that slots or content is easy enough to use base 4* unit. Or for future 4* base missions (which people say are easy anyways).

So in theory, looks good, but in reality why bother to use.
I used 6* Eiko and Yan on wife's account to clear the Folka bonus stage. Gotta use what you got, and good gravy she can't pull a healer for anything. Good thing Yan is such a beast even before enhancements (which also look quite nice). I at least have 6* Fina, but can probably get even more mileage out of Yan on her account. Definitely one of the all-time best 4* units.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Game keeps crashing while I am trying to finish off the story event. Giving up on that and focus on the Type 0 orbs.

I didn't realise how much was stuck in my inbox. 7 million in Gil snappers. 345% in trust moogles. A couple of hundred in Cactuar and pots to beat the band. I have stuff going back to last April.

Going to go all in for Auron. My favourite character.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, this app is fucked.

More relevant, I'm finding it hard to give up any base 5* to the Mixer. Like, I have two Elfreedas, but...I dunno, I might get two more! Her STMR is great!

I gave up all my three and four stars I had lying around, but they didn't add up to much.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
How do you trade in 100% units?

edit: never mind I found it in the shop. I was really close to selling a few units I'm glad I didn't.

Hmm, I guess I have to trade in all these units that I have max awakened and leveled up but that I'll never use again, like my old Cecil, Refia, Butz... Man these guys used to be in my A-team. How are you guys coping with this lol

edit more: Ok, I just sold off 97 units for 13,000 points. I massively erred on the side of keeping some units I had maxed at 5/6* max level because I realized a lot of these units see regular use in expeditions. I probably could get rid of 10-20 more units but figure better safe than sorry. Felt bad enough getting rid of the 97 I did (RIP 2 of my Rebertas T_T )

Why did you sell 5 star unit?

And Reberta STMR is good for Dragoon anyway (if you got 2 more someday).?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the last of the new trophies "Given from completed missions in ancestral hell weapons" (literally translated), I see I'm at 3/4 for gold but I don't know what they mean since nothing is called that.

EDIT : Ooooh, switched to English and it says "Ancient Hellbringer" lmao, it's Omega.

Nice reward btw

c501602e-f329-48f1-98ahjq7.png

They fixed that. For the trophy hunters, the 80 (Genbu Ring) and 90 (Byakko Ring) trophy rewards are now in-game.

Byakko Ring is only really for hybrids, but the Genbu Ring is just tasty. RIP everyone's Arsha's Talismans.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Finally beat 3* Alex. Took me some tries to figure out the mechanics.
I used Wilhelm to help with the LBS while countering and everyone had at least 120% light resistance on since Alex lowers light res.
Dealing dark damage to it lowers the barrier level (which can also be dispelled) and since the boss imbues the party with light I chose to go the magic route and brought trusty Trance Terra on.

This is the party I ended up clearing the fight with:

0-EE2-AFA9-77-C9-4666-9-FB3-8-DBD8-B3006-D9.jpg

Sadalsuud on the other hand was super easy in comparison with the right setup.

1-B48-FEBA-6-CDA-47-A7-8-AB0-01498-B0235-D2.jpg

Basch magic covered, Rem dealt the elemental damage for the missions together with water from Zarg (Anima), Trance Terra was my main damage dealer, and BS Sakura lowered lighting resistance for the kill (49%) which was done with Lightning imbued Nalu. I ended up using Sakura's LB as well since not all of the wings died the first time around.

All the prep needs to be done before the 80% threshold otherwise the party gets imbued and phys damage becomes useless.
Pretty fun all in all.

Trials could be fun. But there are some things why they aint fun. And its all in play mechanisms.

Why in the world developer introduces chaining mechanisms then put skills to units that are near impossible to chain and then prohibits the use of external thingies that help chaining but keeps macro chaining available. Chaining should be done so that everyone can do it. Not like here is the unit who has quick hit frames just to fuck off those players who have these units.

Also, when trying to manually chaining. Ive done countless of times so that skill changes to normal attack / goes to items / unit defends. Idiot design way of using skills.

Yeah I agree with you on that. Chaining is bad. Having to use macros to perfect chain, for a mobile game, is insane.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, so many of my 100% units are the ones i max leveled, I'd like to keep those.

Anyone switching back to Friends Points as gifts to get few lower point units to 100% TM? I've not used mine since the last time we got Gil / XP from Standard Summons.

I'm also worried about trading in some 100% TM 6* dupes in case they get a 7* form in the future and i could get closer to an STMR :p.

Kozmo

Jan 5, 2018
Halp! When I tried to log in today I got some kind of server error message, and the game rebooted itself. When I tried to log in again, it's prompting me to bind my account to either FB, Google, or None.

I want to transition over to Google, but I'm afraid if I chose that option now it's going to think I'm a "new" player and delete me. If I chose Facebook I'm afraid I'll be stuck with them forever.

What do I do?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was only pulling for 2 bonus units (took 8 tickets for 2 Brother) and landed on a Citra dupe in the process, seriously this games want me to have all CG units at 7*.

Edit : 400k raid coin summon and I'm not locked from managing the inventory before being able to do something else, all hail the enhancement unit inventory!

4fa0ab0b-e48f-4181-9bi6k60.png

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Spent a bunch of tickets chasing bonus units and got one rainbow.

It was Tidus. Right game, wrong banner.

Thanks for nothing, Gumi. Getting increasingly close to quitting this game.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I threw 11 tickets at the banner got 4 brothers and an Auron. I'm at 16k lapis right now, somewhat regretting running the Folka step-up for 1 Folka and 1 Kurasame.

If I'm before Anima in the story, could I scrounge up enough for a lap? Probably not, I should avoid the temptation anyway.

Maybe the lapis summon will save me, haha.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I spent like 25 tickets, some of those 4* guaranteed, and got 3 Brothers. This is gonna be a pain in the ass to grind.

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
threw 8 of my mog tix at the banner, got 3 Belgemine and a Bro, much better than the last mog, where all i pulled was Barrett x2 lol.

Hopefully the 70k, plus the 150k doesn't prove to be too much of a slog. Lgd runs were great to me last time, hope that keeps up this time too!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No its not. I got my 5th Prompto...
Still clueless what the hell I do with Executioner.

I guess that's...good? Maybe? Nalu and Yuna are both mediocre 7*s and Tifa is...alright. So I guess having a more open pool at least has a chance of something good. It also has a chance of trolling even worse than with any of those three, though. Blurf.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
Managed to get myself 2 Auron's... Happy enough \O/. Used more lapis then I'd have liked (1 full step-up + 30/40 tickets) but I honestly don't have a single relevant breaker (I've been using Basch for breaks). Plus I liked the guy a lot in FFX. Kind of confused by the on-banner rates since I always seem to get hit with off-banner rainbows (got Fohlen, Prishe and Emperor before an Auron).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
5* special summon ticket was my sixth copy of CG Fina. I am so sick of pulling dupes, for fuck's sake.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Linked my account to Google, I'm Facebook free! It's not like my Facebook account was in danger of being blocked but you can't trust them.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I needed extra units for the Mog Event and pulled an Auron on my first ticket.

Edit: Pulled a Jecht on my third ticket. Well, there goes all my luck.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Damage report (was going for Auron):

1st lap = 3rd Lightning, 2nd Dark Veritas, 1st Jecht

2nd lap = 2nd Jecht, 1st Basch, 1st Light Veritas, 2nd Noctis, 3rd Jecht, 1st Auron

3 30% tickets = 1st Gladio

4 10% tickets = 0

25 4* tickets = 0

75 3* tickets = 4th Jecht

5* EX from the other day = 5th Reberta

5* EX from MK shop = 2nd Beryl

Gonna UoC 2nd Auron when he's added.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Feck sake, I lost everything. The game crashed and logged me out of the game. I logged back in and the tutorial loaded up.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck!!! did not know Jecht and Auronwere here!! had little funds(30 tickets and 7K lapis) to get them but somehow at least managed to get one of Auron might have to use those select summon tickets for Jecht

Feck sake, I lost everything. The game crashed and logged me out of the game. I logged back in and the tutorial loaded up.

This happened to me once, all I did was delete and reinstall the game and was able to login.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Pulled for some bonus units and ended up with a 3rd kid Rydia and 1st Fohlen. Nearly gagged when I saw Fohlen.

Took down 3 star Alex and the Chamber boss. Using the fan Festa UoC tickets for a 2nd Zargaboy was the correct decision, dude put in the work immediately.

Went the T.Terra route for Alex, they took him down to about 55% on the 1st turn. Don't know if I even spark chained, I assume I did. Well I'm sharing a 1.7k T.Terra now with machine killer + from Alex if anyone else wants to go that route.

The full team:
Evade Sieghard
CG Fina(6 star, needed the reraise)
Loren
Zargabohgy
T.Terra
T.Terra

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Welp, couldn't log in all day with all the log-in fuckery going on so I missed being able to use my GLEX UoC tickets lol Good thing the options were so underwhelming that I couldn't make a choice sooner but still lame that the game refused to let me in. I ended up finally uninstalling the app and re downloading to get it to let me in finally. I can't help but wonder if they mostly have inexperienced developers making peanuts that work on the game, every time there's a larger update it's poorly implemented.

With the negatively out of the way, hooray for FINALLY separating enhancement stuff from the units! That's a god send as I was constantly having to fuse stuff to get back under the cap lately. Now if they would just give me something to use gil on, I can't claim multiple mail gifts and have a bunch of turtles racked up I can't sell because of this.

Now in deciding on this banner, I had convinced myself to skip at first because I have 7* Lid and the idea of trying to get to 200k lapis appeals to me but I think I'm going to go for two Auron's after all. After some research, he's straight up the best chaining partner for Akstar (besides another Akstar) between having the AT skills and imperil'ing one of the elements that Akstar imbues himself with (fire). Doing the decent damage on top of that and being a top tier breaker pretty much makes him someone that could stay in the party all the time. Furthermore, his regular TMR is nice for Akstar as well so getting two Auron's for the 7* means I can have two of those, one for Auron and one for Akstar. His AT skills also do the element damage straight up like Squall's so that means I don't need to imbue Auron to capitalize on the imperil. Seems pretty worthwhile if you intend on getting Akstar even if you have one of the other great breakers.

Lyrian, thanks for the response, I'll have to wait until the mog king event goes away to ask someone to provide an Odin slaying Hyou and that's fine because I want all my NRG for this MK anyway especially given the extra 70k ticket.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
After my little scare I did the step up and 20 tickets. I got 3 Auron, 10 brother and 6 Bell off the banner.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Went ahead and just blew 75k lapis to do all three laps which finally got me the second Auron. I ended up like the FFVIII banner, two of each 5* on banner. So Jecht replaces my VoD at last and Auron leap frogs Lid. I need way more TDH equipment haha I have multiple Cloud and Elfreeda trust moogles I saved for when the prism thing hit and it looks like that's what the cheapest item in the trust coin shop is. Alas, only one up for sale right now, wonder how long between refreshes? I got Jecht close to 2k at least with Hyou keeping the good stuff, sharing him now, get your 200% bonus, friends! I'm really scrounging for gear for Auron but his HP is over 10k and he has rounded stats so should be fine for now. His attack is only a couple hundred below Jechts I think. I trust moogled both units right away and potted them most of the way.

Aside from two of Jecht and Auron, three full step runs also netted me my first Emperor Shera, dupe Merc Ramza, my third and fourth Barb (ugh, crappy-ish STMR), a dupe Mediena, dupe Queen, dupe Nal, and the crown jewel that made me feel better about blowing 75k lapis: a dupe CG Nichol!!! YASSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He and awakened Rain are the two I really want a dupe of and I've held off on using UoC tickets in case I got them when pulling on the upcoming banners (This one, Xenogears, and Akstar). Now I don't have to blow one on Nichol which is great. I still have over 90k lapis left and my massive ticket stash so I didn't feel I was really hurting my hoard much doing this so long as I got my two Aurons which I barely did.

As a bonus, upgrading Jecht, Auron, and Nichol to 7* plus all the fusions finally drained a decent amount of gil which at last allowed me to claim the rest of the mail and sell all my turtles plus all the KH raid coins. Wohoo! I purposely didn't pull on that raid banner because of being overloaded on this stuff. Now I can actually pull on the SO raid banner which will probably bring me right back to the cap for gil..... but at least my mail is clean and I rid of all previous turtles.

Also, my lord is this MK amazing now! Two 7* plus a third if a friend is available and then a couple 4* and the three star, phew lad the pay out if I get a bonus enemy! This is going to be the most successful MK event I'll ever have probably until another FFVIII one anyway haha I'm going to buy out this store! Too bad I didn't keep a third of the 4* unit for this, I thought to keep a second but didn't think about having enough for a full party for some dumb reason.

Congrats to any that got themselves a desired Jecht or Auron and good luck to anyone planning to!

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so it's NOT limited to just the three units on the banner? I don't know how to feel about that.

It's a time-limited 5* EX ticket, essentially.

Went the T.Terra route for Alex, they took him down to about 55% on the 1st turn. Don't know if I even spark chained, I assume I did. Well I'm sharing a 1.7k T.Terra now with machine killer + from Alex if anyone else wants to go that route.

The full team:
Evade Sieghard
CG Fina(6 star, needed the reraise)
Loren
Zargabohgy
T.Terra
T.Terra

Will have to try something like that. No Zarg is going to suck though.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also sharing a TT w/ Machine Killer+ and 130% Light res for this fight if anyone wants to go that route.

I managed to gather 5k lapis from the latest story and I did the last step of a second lap on the Rena/Sophia banner, and got a dupe Sophia. Very happy about that! Now I have both of them 7*ed.
MK 5* ticket was 6th Gladio which... blah. But oh well. I can set up for Gladio ST ally cover shenanigans in the future haha.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Right. I know I was bashing Sophia and especially her TM (since Sophia is TDH mage).

Last SOA tix straight to rainbow Got Rena.
Figured, what the heck, Ill do one lap. Result: 2nd Prishe and 2x Sophia.

Ahem. I need to stop shitting of units or they haunt me. Rest of the Lapis(35k) I have is reserved for CNY new units if they are good. No need to touch old banner since Ang is enhanced and waiting for 7* release.

Sharing Sophia now, my love of mages continues <3

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Shoulda bashed Rena Rixa, lol.
But congrats on your pull! I can't wait to try Sophia out personally.
Don't have the mag pots to enhance her right now sadly since I dumped all of them into Christine.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I did a dumb thing.

Spent some tickets which gave me one Auron. I felt obligated to go all the way and spent all my tickets trying to get a second one, then did 1 lap of the step up (well, almost one lap, still trying to grind lapis for the final one, which will probably give me one Jecht instead of a 7* Auron).

The pulls in that step up were absolutely abysmal, holy shit. The random 5* was a PG Lasswell that I will never use.

So yeah, there went my small stash for Xenogears - and I had been real good at resisting the urge to pull, too :(

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I've been F2P since launch and just doing pulls with login bonuses for the last couple years. I think I want to start playing now, but I'm looking for guidance in who to use my Choose Your 5* tickets on.

Here are the 5* Units I have dupes of for 7*:

Folka
Awakened Rain
Heavenly Technician Lid
Circe
Balthier
Lunera
Aileen
Luneth
Beatrix
Fryevia
Lightning

Here are the notable 5* units I have one of that I'm debating on using the tickets to get a dupe for:

Sieghard
Wilhelm
Beryl
Sephiroth
Ayaka
Hyoh

Any advice on team comp and recommended unit to choose as my guaranteed 5* would be greatly appreciated!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've been F2P since launch and just doing pulls with login bonuses for the last couple years. I think I want to start playing now, but I'm looking for guidance in who to use my Choose Your 5* tickets on.

Here are the 5* Units I have dupes of for 7*:

Folka
Awakened Rain
Heavenly Technician Lid
Circe
Balthier
Lunera
Aileen
Luneth
Beatrix
Fryevia
Lightning

Here are the notable 5* units I have one of that I'm debating on using the tickets to get a dupe for:

Sieghard
Wilhelm
Beryl
Sephiroth
Ayaka
Hyoh

Any advice on team comp and recommended unit to choose as my guaranteed 5* would be greatly appreciated!

7* Folka, Awakened Rain, Lid, Circe and Fryevia and you should be nearly set for a while in terms of team composition. I wouldn't use your unit of choice tickets on any of the characters you listed except either Sieghard or Hyou, and even then, Hyou's about to be powercrept into oblivion by Citan and Axter. I would say hold off on using the UoCs for now.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017

Team comp is going to change depending on the battle. I'd just focus on filling needs for specific roles.

A.Rain has all your magic tanking needs covered
Wilhelm or Sieg for physical tank
Lid for breaks
Folka fine healer for most situations until you can get a 2nd Ayaka

You don't have a good buffing/support unit as far as I can tell, but you have a lot of good options for damage dealers. I'd say build up Fryevia for now since she's a good all around chainer it's easy to find partners for and then as you get more resources to build more damage dealers work on more specialized units. The top damage dealer meta changes basically every time a new banner comes out, so I would focus more on support characters at first.

This is a good bookmark to keep to see who's rotated into the top of the meta.

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/memel0rds-unit-rankings.15685/

I think the community as a whole really trusts memel0rd's ratings.