• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly, I did 10k arena matches, surprising because I switched to 5 battles per day a few months ago.

3a2f050d-c2e8-413e-b0bqk99.png
3f6eaa27-e65a-49d8-81lsjmo.png

10k wins is next, yay free lapis.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
5 star ticket from mog king gave me an Auron. Damn thing tempted me to pull more on the banner and I got a 3rd off banner rainbow in the form of A.Kain...

Well at least my lapis is safe.....

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I see your Lapis haul, but where are you now tickets? I know you have used them but has it dropped alot or not?
It's doing OK haha.

42261b76-adcd-48b7-b64ajgo.png
1a7bc3f5-4719-43bc-bem5j3k.png

+ 1 Guaranted 10+1 / 5 10+1 / 3 5+1, those EX pool ones are going to get wasted first when Golbez's release.
I had to use a lot of regular 3* tickets for Sieghard iirc.

Edit : that was my hoard 2 months ago, same amount of 3* tickets.

Edit : my current hoard for the curious

5b7d4ca4-de92-46ee-a6tkfu4.png

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
As for preparating to end of June 2019. As in Anniversary 3, we were talking about this in Discord earlier today:
Reddit | JP 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Tickets

Code:
Use these tickets to pull random goods.

[LIST]
[*]Tickets given based on your Total Login Days.
(From the launch of the game until 9/30/18)
[*]10 Tickets given daily throughout October.
[*]5 Tickets per player Rank at a later date. (as of 10/23)
[/LIST]
Available from tickets pulls:

[LIST]
[*](1/10) UoC
[*]5★ EX Ticket
[*]4★+ EX Ticket
[*]3★+ EX Ticket
[*]10x Mixer Coins
[*]Container Moogle
[*][Unit] Wandering Rain
[*][Unit] Moogle
[*]Pots (All Type)
[*]Supercites (All Type)
[*]Esper Stones
[*]3x EN Pots
[/LIST]

I should easily get over 2000 tickets and most likely will get almost all Espers to max. Loaning from comment Reddit member Nethyn pulls as to gvie some guidance.
Nethyn said:
No. of 3rd Anni tickets: 2526

• (1/10) UoC: 13
  • 5★ EX Ticket: 10
  • 4★+ EX Ticket: 88
  • 3★+ EX Ticket: 200
  • Container Moogle: 3
And the less fascinating... well the Pots were nice. :P

• 10x Mixer Coins: 278
  • [Unit] Wandering Rain: 50
  • [Unit] Moogle: 43
  • Pots (All Type): 360
  • Esper Stones+Supercites: 1408
  • 3x EN Pots: 73

I hope Global will have "pull 50 ticket" (same as was in Anni2) :)

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
5+1 this morning gave me my second Basch, so now I have 7* A Rain and 7* Basch! I'm not sure if I need to bother with trying/wanting a 7* Wilhelm at this point.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was further behind in the story than I thought; I have Anima now and I'm at 21k Lapis, might take my chances on getting a second Auron now.

I gave Alexander 3* a shot last night, I got below 50% on turn 3 using someone's Sophia with my TT. I think I missed dispelling the large imperil as I wiped on turn 4 or 5; hopefully that was it, will have to try again later.

Edit:
Yup, I missed the divine judgement at the end of turn 3; I dispelled it this time and I managed the win on turn 7 with all missions. Clearly a better use of my time than my actual job.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody else finding it a little more annoying to feed trust moogles into units now with segregated boxes? Used to be easy to sort the entire box by trust and then units + moogles with the same trust were right next to each other. Now I need to check both boxes individually. Just another added irritant added to the chore of cleaning up raid summons

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Anybody else finding it a little more annoying to feed trust moogles into units now with segregated boxes? Used to be easy to sort the entire box by trust and then units + moogles with the same trust were right next to each other. Now I need to check both boxes individually. Just another added irritant added to the chore of cleaning up raid summons
It's the lowest grade monkey paw, but yes, it's mildly annoying.

OTOH, you can still sort TMs by the name and compare tabs.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I did the step up and got ONE Auron and ONE Jecht (eyeroll).

Anyways I went to UoC a 2nd Auron and theyre not available.

Do units only become available for UoC after their banners expire?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I did the step up and got ONE Auron and ONE Jecht (eyeroll).

Anyways I went to UoC a 2nd Auron and theyre not available.

Do units only become available for UoC after their banners expire?

Correct, have to wait for the banner to go.

In other news I beat 3 star alexander yesterday. Did it with Lila and friend Lila as the damage dealers, was pretty fun.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys, does anyone know of a macro for TMR farming on Memu that's compatible with the latest version of Memu? I had to update Memu after the latest FFBE update apparently broke it's compatibility. I found one for 6.0.1 but it doesn't seem to work for 6.0.8 (the latest version).

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, does anyone know of a macro for TMR farming on Memu that's compatible with the latest version of Memu? I had to update Memu after the latest FFBE update apparently broke it's compatibility. I found one for 6.0.1 but it doesn't seem to work for 6.0.8 (the latest version).

I had issues with macro's on 6.0+ and just ended up downloading a slightly older memu version (think im using 5.5.8?) since my ancient memu version stopped working after the update.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I had issues with macro's on 6.0+ and just ended up downloading a slightly older memu version (think im using 5.5.8?) since my ancient memu version stopped working after the update.
I came off of 3. something so yeah, I was pretty ancient with that too. I was thinking of doing what you did, might just do that until someone gets a working one going. I don't feel like figuring out the extra points I'd need to click for my own macro like saying no to daily reward, spending lapis once the NRG taps out, etc.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was the 6.0.1 one from https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/amuepv/macros_information_update_and_meta/ ?

It wasn't working at first, but then I remembered to change the emulator setting from
Resolution: Tablet 1280 * 720 to
Resoultion: Mobile 720 * 1280

I'm using android 7.1 on 6.0.8; doesn't seem completely stable as I restart the emulator every now and again when it locks up. I haven't actually used it to burn a bunch of energy yet since I'm still throwing it at the mog king event; it did seem to work in the small bursts I used it though. Worth a shot if you haven't downgraded yet

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Was the 6.0.1 one from https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/amuepv/macros_information_update_and_meta/ ?

It wasn't working at first, but then I remembered to change the emulator setting from
Resolution: Tablet 1280 * 720 to
Resoultion: Mobile 720 * 1280

I'm using android 7.1 on 6.0.8; doesn't seem completely stable as I restart the emulator every now and again when it locks up. I haven't actually used it to burn a bunch of energy yet since I'm still throwing it at the mog king event; it did seem to work in the small bursts I used it though. Worth a shot if you haven't downgraded yet
Not that specific thread but it was from Reddit. I must have missed that you could swap Tablet to Mobile, I only quickly glanced through the resolution options as I was constantly uninstalling and installing different versions trying a couple different macros. Damn, I could have gotten that one to work, eh? Oh well, I finally found that an old macro works with the 5.5.8 that Xevren mentioned (thanks, Xevren!). That was ridiculous, like 5 different versions of Memu and a number of different macros haha Finally, I'm able to TMR farm again. Thanks guys and I'll keep your post in mind Rokuren when I next update Memu which won't be until I see a thread saying a macro works well with the latest. For now, going from version 3 to 5 is a nice jump.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got a random Jecht on a 4 star ticket. I swear ever since 7 star meta started this game loves throwing me random 5* banner units like Gumi is just coercing me to spend lapis on the banner chasing the dupe. I didn't give in last time and I won't give in this time, nice try jerks!

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Got Qin from a random ticket, did a lap and got a 2nd and my 3rd balthier. Still have about 80k lapis at least, goal is Akstar (maybe Cid too)

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I'd like to try to pull for Yan since I really like her kit and sprite, what's the best way? Do the step up for the older units or can I pull her on the new banner too?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the LNY event, no 40 NRG mission means double the grind. Only one reward is worth it anyway, and it's the 25% SPR / 10% evade

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh yes this event sucks. Farm event with 20 NRG final stage in 2019, what am I even playing?????

Also the bosses of this are a pain in the ass to single unit carry with a DPS due to it being 2 enemies that's the worst part I gotta sit there for 5 minutes every run whittling down their HP. So bad. Hope that evade accessory isn't too hard to farm them I'm aborting this thing

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
I can just repeat Jecht Bomber x2 through the whole thing, last wave takes two turns but no biggie. No story is pretty lame, but seems like a pretty slick return in terms of rank xp and raid summons for the energy.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with the event compared to last years that was laggy as hell. Rank xp is really good and getting some tmr's is pretty nice.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell is this tetris puzzle garbage in the exploration now holy shit who thought this was a good idea

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
What unit do you need to solo the new LGD? I'd like to take a team of chow/yun/yan/ling/yan but currently I'm taking two big dps and a big friend dps.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
What unit do you need to solo the new LGD? I'd like to take a team of chow/yun/yan/ling/yan but currently I'm taking two big dps and a big friend dps.
Someone with strong aoe like Jecht or Cloud works as a solo, I use Odin for dragon killer and dragon killer+ materia. Probably takes 2 turns to kill the bottom one, but still easy enough to just keep hitting repeat.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

I bet any strong 7* can do it. I use very powerful Ang 7*. Boss stage can take 2 turns, either I use earlier stages to fill lb or do it on boss stage (lb is 30/30).
Helps that I have 600% bonus including friend. Yesterday did 2 laps and got 3 off banner rainbows and 1 of each new one. Off banners: 2nd Cloddo, 3rd Greg, 1st ARain. Guaranteed were one each. Byebye 40k Lapis. I have no resources left, except uoc tix. Tho I don't need anything at the moment :).

Screenshot_20190209-172252.png
Screenshot_20190209-172311.png
Screenshot_20190209-172258.png

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Chiming in with Rixa, Ang all the way.

Went against my gut feeling and spent the GLEX UoC on a 2nd Ang. Was not disappointed in the slightest.

Ang just ROFLstomps all over LGD difficulty, all by himself. No chains required. As Riza said, LB the twin bosses. What physical resist???

And mine has still room to grow. Heaven forbid the insanity that would occur with his STMR equipped (easily now the best candidate for the 3rd anniversary STMR moogle; it's that good). When the reviews come out, I figure Ang will probably be called "Regina-lite". Dual arrows --> Killer boost and/or imbue + power arrow = too good. A shame that he can't killer boost + imbue + power arrow all in the same turn.

Apparently, there's some some kind of urban legend that there's a significantly more powerful version of power arrow unlocked by his LB. But.... that would mean that something actually has to survive his LB first. That's just silly.

Hey, Rixa and Kouriozan, aren't the two of you rright up on the 1000 day marker? Starting at the hard launch, I'm up to 954.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Japan's getting CG Dark Fina, I guess it's NSFW.
Also probably means she'll be back in the story, unsurprisingly

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Japan's getting CG Dark Fina, I guess it's NSFW.
Also probably means she'll be back in the story, unsurprisingly

I did read that CGDF is limited banner unit.

CG DFina LB; WARNING: NSFW

It's definitely fan service. Nothing terribly obscene, given her character, but very high in innuendo. Definitely would NOT play this clip at work.

From the discussions out there today, there is a lot of worry out there about CG DFina for these reasons:

-- It is known that FFBE JP revenues are way down year over year.
-- It is implied that Hirono believes that players hoarding 10x or 20x UoC tickets (especially as UoC tickets become easier to obtain over time) are the reason for the revenue decline.

-- Therefore, FFBE JP appears to be adopting a Fest system ("Summon Fest" in FFBE) that is prevalent in most gacha games.
-- By doing so, all Summon Fest units become "limited-time" units, only available during a Summon Fest (whenever those occur).
-- CG DFina is the first Summon Fest unit.
-- Thus, CG DFina is the first story unit who CANNOT be pulled with UoC tickets.

-- There is very significant fear out there that moving forward with Season 3, that all meta defining units will all become limited time Summon Fest units and UoC tickets will become highly devalued, if not close to worthless, if they can only be used on Season 1, 2, and lesser rainbow units for Season 3.

Now, if I really want to put on a tinfoil hat here.....

/tinfoilhat on

There's a reasonably solid case that could be made for fast tracking this system into Global ahead of key non-collab story units, such as Akstar, Regina, and so on.
Gumi is clearly stalling for time before releasing the expert and paramater missions that yield additional UoC tickets. If this is the case, and the system comes out on GL before Akstar shows up in two months (Ignacio should be this week, Cid is next month), then people hoarding UoCs will have done so in vain, and the fireworks will be a sight to behold.

/tinfoilhat off

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Lyrian That all makes sense if Gumi's goal is to quite literally kill the game and any chance of it continuing to be profitable. Global players are already frustrated and burnt-out enough from the endless onslaught of GLEX/limited-time banners as is, if they tried to make story units into limited units too the game would just become completely unsalvageable. It would be suicide.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I cannot see what is NSFW with the CG Dark Fina video. Am I out of touch or are people really reaching for what is considered lewd?

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I cannot see what is NSFW with the CG Dark Fina video. Am I out of touch or are people really reaching for what is considered lewd?

well, it is definitely not something you want to show to your acquiatance or colleagues.

But not something too overblown. As far as standard anime tropes, it is pretty standard. I'd argue that popular character like Bayonetta or Lara Croft is more "seductive".

Granted people on "family friendly" facebook group probably will say a bad things about this unit.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Bigger issue is still the weak rates in comparison to other gacha games.

imo, rates is not the problem.

FFBE is pretty generous tbh in regard to in-game currency. The most profitable game like FGO has both very depressing SSR rates + very stingy with in-game currency.

FFBE problem is powercrept and the fact that you need 2 same unit to 7*.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Well, I did it. I used a set of UOC tickets to get my girl Lid, because I was sick of not using them and sick of not having her available. There's no point in hoarding these if I don't give a damn about the meta.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

FFBE is pretty generous tbh in regard to in-game currency. The most profitable game like FGO has both very depressing SSR rates + very stingy with in-game currency.

That is my problem with this game. It's annoying sometimes to level up a character, but can't.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Yup. If you only needed one copy to upgrade a unit it would be easier to justify pulling. But the fact you NEED a dupe of every unit to actually use them means you're basically trapped hoarding all your currency for step-ups.

If they really do what people are thinking and make every banner limited and remove new units from the general pool/make them un-UOCable, it's basically them saying that they don't care if their game dies because nobody is going to pull for ANYTHING anymore.