• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I do feel like powercreep is advancing faster in Brave Exvius than other gacha I play, enhancements help but in JP they didn't get new ones since a while already which is worrying.
I know Golbez won't be meta and will release after the next powercreep step that is named Akstar but that won't stop me.
Who knows, maybe FF4 series boss will give him nice skills.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
imo, rates is not the problem.

FFBE is pretty generous tbh in regard to in-game currency. The most profitable game like FGO has both very depressing SSR rates + very stingy with in-game currency.

FFBE problem is powercrept and the fact that you need 2 same unit to 7*.
Both of them deal with rates, the 7* meta effectively cut rates in half, while this game is flooded with new units weekly advancing the meta quickly(Enhancements really haven't kept pace either to keep the old units in). Where only 1-1.5% chance to get a meta relative unit for long term players(That's being generous). They kind of have to flood you with currency to make up for that fact.

I feel the saver for the game being that it's fairly easy in terms of content. You don't need the shiny new tools. The community is pretty amazing in that regard, where they are continually trying to do high difficulty content with the lowest bar of unit possibly for strategies.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. If you only needed one copy to upgrade a unit it would be easier to justify pulling. But the fact you NEED a dupe of every unit to actually use them means you're basically trapped hoarding all your currency for step-ups.

Exactly! Your point is also emphasized by how most awarded tickets these days are EX tickets, outside of Mog King events, to minimize a player's chances to "get lucky" with an on-banner ticket pull. It's all done to drive everyone to the step-ups.

I do feel like powercreep is advancing faster in Brave Exvius than other gacha I play, enhancements help but in JP they didn't get new ones since a while already which is worrying.

Today's "almighty" GL power rating review says it all.

They pissed with the force of Niagara Falls all over the CNY banner, with the lone exception of Chow (who they literally admitted got a pass because they didn't have an equivalent on JP in which to claim that he was an inferior unit). Seriously, they literally rated Qin, who was supposed to be the next power creep in bards as the worst rainbow bard ever released.

But, their comments about Ang validate your concerns in a major way.

In short, to paraphrase, Ang is the best finisher on GL..... for a week at worst, a month at best, and then complete and utter irrelevance. Ignacio should burst harder than Ang, but Ang can burst on two consecutive turns (as a GLEX special) while Ignacio cannot. But, all that is purely academic, because next month is Cid, who will supposedly represent a complete order of magnitude power leap over Ang and Ignacio (barring an unusual GLEX nerf to Cid). There will literally be no discussion of anyone who does physical damage who is not a chainer, until Regina.

Similarly, the table appears to be being set in the same way for physical chainers, with Akstar.

The point of the matter being that, as far as I can see from JP played out, is that now that all of the original rainbows and collabs have their 7*s and enhancments that are getting them (except Rico and Randi, if ever), they are about to be left in the dust HARD. With few exceptions (tanks, healers, supports), the intent is to make all of existing 7* DPS units useless though power leaps to force players to keep pulling and rebuilding from scratch.

That point is crystalized in the power rating team today announcing that they are planning shortly to re-evaluate and raise the minimum bar for "barely playable and even worth mentioning" to be equivalent to the earliest 7* units. They noted that this will eliminate all but the most exceptional 4* base units (ex: Yan, Joachim), and a good chunk of the Season 1 rainbow units at 6*. I expect that bar to revised higher and higher more quickly as time marches on.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Good discussion above from many users.

Been wondering this myself too, devs are literally killing the game from F2P / planktons. After 1000 days doing dailies + arena feels very boring and it could be that one day I see myself only logging in to collect stuff and keep login on. Waiting for the Anni3 (as in login days) and pulling the shit we get then. Let the Ang be my swan song.

Greedy bastards.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
It really puts me off pulling knowing how quickly the unit falls off. I like Jecht but seeing all the comments about how Akstar blows him out the water makes me less interested. 7* makes it a lot more of an investment pulling for units you enjoy since to make them truly useful they need that dupe...

Unsure if it exists already and I missed it, but are there any chances of 3*/4* only base units events/trials? love a chance to bring back out some of the old units I loved playing with.. or even just a chance to give units like Belgemine and Theobald a spin.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It really puts me off pulling knowing how quickly the unit falls off. I like Jecht but seeing all the comments about how Akstar blows him out the water makes me less interested. 7* makes it a lot more of an investment pulling for units you enjoy since to make them truly useful they need that dupe...

Unsure if it exists already and I missed it, but are there any chances of 3*/4* only base units events/trials? love a chance to bring back out some of the old units I loved playing with.. or even just a chance to give units like Belgemine and Theobald a spin.

Japan did get some of those recently, if memory serves.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Never getting rid of:
Tilith
Rakshasa

This I cannot do. I'll toss a dupe Rak, sure, but never my original. she got me through too much back in the beginning.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
Japan did get some of those recently, if memory serves.
Thank you for this! That's at least something for me to look forward to a little. It's a shame so many great animations are just not getting played.

Never getting rid of:
Tilith
Rakshasa

This I cannot do. I'll toss a dupe Rak, sure, but never my original. she got me through too much back in the beginning.
My Cecil and OG Ling are still kicking for the same reasons haha.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Adding one more post with some number data taken from Reddit to put an exclamation point on the previous discussion:

Regarding Ang:

Able to burst for either 1.35b on turn 3, or 1b on turn 2, he breaks the more typical 700-800m that most other 7* finishers (Aranea, Jake, Olive, Fohlen, etc).

From a post today regarding early comparisons between the recently released CG Terra and CG DFina:

CG Terra on peaks at about 8.748 by the end of hers and is around 6.79 Billion by turn 5.
CG Dark Fina peaks at about 10.8 Billion by the end and hits 10.99 by turn 5.
Both of those use a mildly-conservative 2582 Mag which is no STMRS and not stacking Karlotte's Materia.

Regarding CG Terra vs. CG DFina:

For a long enough fight, DF is potentially 50-75% stronger [than CG Terra]

Let's put this into perspective.

Ang's "ludicrous" lvl 30 LB is an effective 2440% finishing move.
CG Terra has an effective 1400% per cast quad-castable chainable chaos wave (net 5600% mod) that can be kept up most of the time, mana permitting.
CG DFina has an effective 2050% per cast quad-castable chainable chaos wave (net 8200% mod) that can be kept up most of the time, mana permitting.

** CG DFina is the equivalent of casting 10 Angs' LB at once, every single turn.
** CG Terra's banner was only two banners ago in JP, and already she is obsolete (in terms of meta). Especially as CG DFina's banner is highly favorable towards pulling her (5% rainbow, 50% on-banner rate, and there was a free 10+1 on-banner draw given).

I'm used to power creep from PAD, but this is seriously sobering for FFBE.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
CG Terra lasted one whole month!
Brave Exvius ine one year : native sextuple cast with unlockable decuplecast.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
it is difficult being Gumi.

powercreep is a problem, but the user mentality toward a meta is also partly to blame.

Unit like Qin who introduce new mechanism (albeit less optimal) is valued ridiculously low.

And there are people complaining that GL Sora is weaker than JP Sora eventhough JP Sora stronger than Akstar and will break the balance at the current condition of GL.

Meanwhile Alim just followed the easiest way and straight up doing crazy powercreep every month.

I am fairly sure if Alim bust and leave future development to Gumi, it will lead to better condition for FFBE than it will ever be with Gumi have to follow Alim's nonsense shadow.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Tuesday might be the first day in long time Iam not doing dailies nor Arena. Figured Ill just log in and collect freebies and do Vault (if I remember).

This is the kind of stuff that made me quit. There's this perfect blend of absurd power creep, ridiculous trials that need very detailed setups, and the 2-unit 7* thing (not that it ever prevented me from building a team). Combined with the trickle of lapis you get for spending a (relative) bunch of time on dailies/arena, it feels like the best play is to either passively accumulate resources in the hopes they fix things long term... or not play at all.

In retrospect, kinda wish I had logged in for the GL exclusive UoC, but it's probably better for me that I didn't.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Banner news finally was released, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay late. This seems to be a trend nowadays.

Ignacio's story event on Friday. Free "random" trust moogles (3*-5* moogles), with every pull. Standard story unit 11k step-up.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Heard Ignacio is good if you run 2 Regina, I want to pull but I have no use for him.

EDIT : Wait I totally forgot about Yuraisha and seems like Gumi did as well.

Last edited:

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really surprised we're getting Ignacio instead of a Valentines banner this week. Are they skipping Vday this year? No complaints there, just odd given the last two years. Maybe they do a late Vday next week and throw in Yuraisha :p

I don't care about Ignacio but I'm going after the female 4* unit since her tmr will be great for Akstar.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Thb there hasn't been a non-lapis banking event for me in a long ass time. Feels like ages since Seighard.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno about you all but I'm beyond done with the IW. Every time it shows up now I just get annoyed that it's an extra hour a day of this I have to play to get my daily shit out of the way. This combined with this super tedious 20 NRG raid event have got me on the end of my rope something fierce

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having problems with the game? Mine keeps crashing every 4 to 5 battles and relaunching it requires a 111kb download. The treasure chest animation is also broken.

It's been a week and another app update with no fix.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have to redownload anything but same, since last week update I keep crashing due to memory leakage. Every 2 arena battle or about 6 normal ones.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's only been available for 3 hours, so what, idc

Im crying I spent 20k lapis, 80 tickets, 4 10+1(and a 5* 10+1), 3 5+1s

Dzcu_uGWkAAZgAZ.jpg

Im prepared to spend everything and never pull again

Also pulled a Zaarga, 2nd Reberta, 2nd Circe, and a Beryl. Sad the game gives me a 7* Circe over Melphasie but oh well

Also: im so tempted to spend whats left of my resources to try for 3 or 4 of Ignacio for his STMR because maaaan

I could also get Killian's TMR instead tho

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was usually pretty unlucky sith step ups so it's a nice change, lmao.
Guess the next units I'm aiming is Akstar and Golbez (finally!), will probably be in the 300k lapis range before that.

Last edited:

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Well, this happened

I got 3 Ignacio

That's awesome! Congrats, bro! I did the half off pull and then used my 15 4* EX tickets hoping for a Sazume which didn't work out but I got a couple units with nice TMRs, didn't realize we had multiple 4* units out already that had 40% ATK TMRs which will be an upgrade over some of my stuff plus I got my first Yuna and Melhpaise. Then I started using my regular 4* tickets on-banner and thankfully it only took 4 to get Sazume :D So I'm done although I'd kinda like to get another of her for Auron but whatever, BiS armor for Akstar obtained! I'm ready for you banner AK, come to me! The bonus moogles were nice, got two 10% and two 5% from the four pulls.

Congrats, ShadowSword! That's pretty lucky too!

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome! Congrats, bro! I did the half off pull and then used my 15 4* EX tickets hoping for a Sazume which didn't work out but I got a couple units with nice TMRs, didn't realize we had multiple 4* units out already that had 40% ATK TMRs which will be an upgrade over some of my stuff plus I got my first Yuna and Melhpaise. Then I started using my regular 4* tickets on-banner and thankfully it only took 4 to get Sazume :D So I'm done although I'd kinda like to get another of her for Auron but whatever, BiS armor for Akstar obtained! I'm ready for you banner AK, come to me! The bonus moogles were nice, got two 10% and two 5% from the four pulls.

Congrats, ShadowSword! That's pretty lucky too!
Auron can just use Genji armor from the Sadalsuud trial

Congrats Kourio, getting 3 from an 11k is awesome! So far I've only gotten 0 or 1 rainbow from them, though haven't done Ignacrio's.

Willing to UoC Auron since I only managed to get 1 on banner, but I'll probably hold off until we actually get a real boss to fight. So around June if he doesn't randomly show up by then.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely curious how Golbez banner will be since he was paired with 5* Rubicante in JP. If Barb shows up, something else entirely, or if he's solo
or if he gets Gabranth'd

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I got two Ignacio, two PNK-2, one Wayhem, and one suzume from 3k lapis and like maybe 7 or 8 tickets.

Thanks! I wish I had gotten folka like that :(

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks guys, hopefully I'll be that lucky when it matters the most.

Grats on the successful step-up! It's always nice when they pan out.

Because of Ang last week, I'll skip out on this week's banner. My rainbow luck has been ice cold in the last few weeks, anyways.

Definitely curious how Golbez banner will be since he was paired with 5* Rubicante in JP. If Barb shows up, something else entirely, or if he's solo
We'll get Fusoya instead :p

That or Edge. Probaby FuSoYa, though, as Edge would probably be frowned upon, based on how poorly ninjas are handled in FFBE.

Maybe they do a late Vday next week and throw in Yuraisha :p

I'm personally waiting on Yuraisha herself, as the last cornerstone to my team.

At a minimum though, she won't be released while The World's "Best" Bard is currently on a limited banner. So, that's probably going to push her back a bit to give room for the limited bard to pretend to shine. Another problem is that she has no event tied to her banner, her banner was released as a generic "one-off" while the Tomb Raider collab happened. That makes her highly vulnerable to being relocated onto a different banner. Further, she is a known "chase" unit on a solo rainbow banner, which means shenanigans are likely to happen.

Popular theory on Reddit that I tend to agree with is that GL is approaching the point where the third "premium" unit on JP (Karlotte) was released (launched with CG Cid). Because that system doesn't exist on GL, there is a highly likelyhood that Yuriasha and Karlotte will share the same banner when they launch. As there is no banner tied to either of these units, they could come at literally any time.

That said, it should be a Raid week coming up, and there's a whole lot of dangerous options out there.... SoM, Xenogears at a minimum. Just Cause could happen as well, as Randi and Rico are the last two "pre-7*" rainbows left without a 7* form, and Gumi needs to get these two out of the way for the power leaping meta to really start taking off.

Anyone's guess though at this point.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
F...ing yeah I got my second doggo after spending everything in getting him, 50 tickets and a lot of lapis, with the free ticket of today I got him.

.n_n.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I keep crashing on the second fight of the bonus stage so I won't be able to complete it since it boots you out after the battle.
Thanks Gumi.
Will try again tomorrow with all effects disable and try to speedrun the second boss.

Edit : managed to clear it, missed some missions but with that bug I'm not trying again.

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
F...ing yeah I got my second doggo after spending everything in getting him, 50 tickets and a lot of lapis, with the free ticket of today I got him.

.n_n.

Grats! I wanted Doggo too, but alas I wasn't worthy of the goodest boi. Glad to see he finally came home to you.

I keep crashing on the second fight of the bonus stage so I won't be able to complete it since it boots you out after the battle.
Thanks Gumi.

Eep. I've been lucky and dodged all the crash bugs so far, but now I'm up to the bonus stage as well. Maybe I'll pass on it until after the maintenance?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
That awkward feeling when you're running a HP/MP/MAG 10 Mateus Malice through the enhancement dungeon over and over again to try to get the rare roll because there's literally nothing new to throw at the dungeon at this point and you're looking to burn those orbs on **something** just to get that 10% trust moogle for the week.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
That's where I'm at. I got no STMR katanas, my Staves are already enhanced, though most don't have rare rolls, I don't feel like I need them, my only STMR rod has 28% mag which seems good enough, and I only have two whips worth half a damn and I can't get any high mag rolls on them anyways.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Equipping for the event trial. Then noticing that there are no good friends. Close app...
Re equip again :P.

Thanks crimilde Keep your Sophia up, Ill put mine when this event is over.

Screenshot_20190217-215626.png
Screenshot_20190217-215732.png

First turn:
- Willy provoked
- WKN Mag covers
- Mediena tossed Luna Verve (Increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (130%) for 3 turns to all allies)
- Both Sophia chained 3x Efreet (Fire magic damage (4x) with consecutive increase (5 times, 2x each, 14x max) to all enemies)

*Me looking stupid* Oh it went to 49% in one turn.
Boss stops Willy, and does like 800 danage to WKN.

Second turn:
- Both Sophia chained 3x Efreet (Fire magic damage (4x) with consecutive increase (5 times, 2x each, 14x max) to all enemies)
- Mediena 3x Firaja.

Boss dead.

I think I over prepared and definitely not going to get that staff...