• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
2 10+1s and the 5+1 and I got literally nothing. Thanks, Gumi. You're really making this game fun right now. :|

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cleared the pig boss with Lyria's Rydia the other day, between her and Yuna the summons missions were pretty simple, after that Tornado chains with Seabreeze finished the fight on turn 5 or so.

I also cleared the story fight up to the bonus stage. Intangir again? How many times do I have to teach you this lesson old.. uh giant rat! I'll get to him later.

If the fan festa freebie wanted to bait me it's doing a good job, will have to look into Fry/Myra later

wVd9OHZ.jpg

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Thursdays freebie 10+1 ticket was nice to me. After 2 years 2 months I finally have 7* Ace. Good thing is that last month I got Ace TM done just by using Ace :).

Awesome! Congratulations. I didn't realize you didn't have 7* Ace - I'm glad you finally got a 7* of the unit you were repping for a good long time (and 7* Ace was really handy, especially with his TM - I'd imagine he's still useful).

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I got a Prompto in the 5+1 ticket.

Apparently it was my 2nd one, I keep forgetting I pulled a Prompto a while back cause of course I never use him.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be laughing about the total crap i've pulled from multi-tickets in the past months if it weren't killing what little interest I still have in this game.

Like, it's almost impressive how useless all those pulls have been.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
so with the 10+1 from yesterday, the free 10+1 today and the 5+1 from today, I got a grand total of 4 golds and the rest blue.

4 gold.

Out of 28 summons, 3 of which were guaranteed gold anyway.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
10+1 yesterday was hot trash.
10+1 freebie today was hot trash.
5+1 today was hot trash.

Did one lap on the step up, Myra #1 on step 2, Duke #4 on step 3, and A. Fry #3 (effectively, had Fan Festa unit) from step 5.

Threw 60 more tickets at the banner, got Myra #2 and A. Fry #4.

Sexy new sword hello.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday's 10+1: Gladio (3)
Today's 10+1: Nada
Today's 5+1: Nope

Was generally salty, but then turned that frown upside down when I realized that I was completely safe from the allure of another banner.

The hoarding continues.

----

Side note:

The pricing on bundles and the Fan Fest token exchange is ridiculous.

Really? 2.5 years into the game on GL, and a random rainbow is worth ~$50 to Gumi?? And not one , but two of these bundles this week? Nope, nope, nope, NOPE.

From the Mog Minister: So, I can either save up for 3 full weeks and exchange all of my tokens for a 10+1 EX ticket, or TWO bankable 4* tickets and TWO bankable 3* tickets? So, 11 off-banner pulls versus 4 on-banner ones? Yeah, I'm sorry, but that's a horrific valuation of rare summon tickets.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Not bad obama gif.

Got 2 rainbows on the 5+1 and 1 from the 10+1. Kush(3rd), Nyx(2nd), and first Myre.

I'm tellin y'all, less I've been playing. The more rainbows they give me. LOL

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
So need a bit of advice here, I have 6* versions of Ayaka, CG Fina, Rena and Folka and I want to awaken one to 7* so I was thinking on spending 10 of the tickets to get the second one. Which would be the best option here? Or should I wait for another healer in the future? (Aerith maybe)

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Theres no good banner to pull those units from now just save the tickets, Tifa and Folka already get a lot of there used skills in 6 form to.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So need a bit of advice here, I have 6* versions of Ayaka, CG Fina, Rena and Folka and I want to awaken one to 7* so I was thinking on spending 10 of the tickets to get the second one. Which would be the best option here? Or should I wait for another healer in the future? (Aerith maybe)

I wouldn't use your unit of choice tickets to get a healer. Folka is an amazingly good healer at 6* already, so just use her for now.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a long wait until May at this pace, rerun aren't helping at all.
But I'm sure Gumi will promise to do better again lmao.
There is nothing I'm looking forward to for the next 2 months, of course I'll join the Akstar train since I have no AT chainer.

Oh and I got spoiled on who Akstar really is (latest JP story update) and I'll be more interested about him in the story now.

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
@*@^!&*#^&*@^&^#^^&

Finally get past Experiment 44, only taking an hour, only to wipe on Intangir because of a Ring of Lucii proc.

/sigh

This bonus stage can take a long walk off a short cliff.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
This bonus stage can take a long walk off a short cliff.

I had to waste so much nrg before I found right combination. Then I did Intangir in 3 turns and forgot to cast esper :D. Redoing it got this nice new feature, after Experiment game gave me rewards and tossed me out of Bonus Stage, more redoing and waitng to friend pop up.
Party: WKN / Willy / LMFina / Kryla / Sophia / f.Sophia

I could continue to curse Gumi being so stupid and greedy and stupid and lazy. But I just put these whale videos here:

Gumi do something.

reddit said:
roly_florian

133 points·18 hours ago

What is the most raging thing with the bug, is not that they are here... it's when it benefit us, they are corrected in hours. Yet those that bother us, they don't care to correct it. This behaviour is really showing us how pretty much they don't really care to spend money in their game when it's not detrimental for them. This is what i hate the most.

Lady_Hero from reddit joining the Fray:

1pK7tmw.png

Last edited:

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of my emotions swaying like this lol. One day I'm actually praising GUMI and notice an actual change, then the next maintenance rolls out and I'm like OH GIMU :/ Eh, oh well. At least I got a rainbow last night, but it turned out to be Machina :/ hate that character

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Machina, I just got my first just now with the 5* EX.

Can someone summarize for me why everyone is angry at the moment?

(The only thing I'm annoyed with is the lack of new trials, personally.)

Edit: Watched Claic's video. I mean, I understand his points, but I've never cared about having the absolute meta units (I'm not a whale, I get it) so stuff like limited banner units, lapis, rainbow rates...that stuff doesn't bother me. Nor have bugs much affected me, for the most part. I just want interesting fights to come up with strategies for, and I don't currently have those, and that's a bummer.

The motivation to get stronger is pointless unless you have something to test that strength against. It isn't *that* hard to design a trial. It shouldn't be a problem to crank out 2 a month, especially since most should be coming right from JP.

Last edited:

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
5* EX gave me Wilhelm #6. This game is making it VERY easy for me to log in daily and then not care about it until the next day

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I'm so happy.

Getting Ramza #5 from EX ticket.

Cant wait to use my 100% moogle on him

/s

And i still can't believe they valued their own UoC that highly.

The new bundle, if you count the ticket and lapis as equivalent of FoL makes the 1/10 UoC cost about $ 17.

A full unit gonna cost $170 and you need 2 unit to 7* them. That makes a full-fledged unit in FFBE cost about $340.

Worse part, it will be powercrept in the next 2 months. lol.

At this point they are being delusional about their own self-worth*.

*compared to other gacha game, in the eye of very low spender or f2p

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
As expected https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/auju6n/gl_status_updates_from_the_operation_team/

Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS.

We would like to extend our deepest apologies for the frustrations players may have experienced with the issues encountered after the release of app version 3.4.0.

The following is a list of issues that will be fixed in the upcoming app version upgrade on 2/28 PST:

• Account binding/unbinding for Facebook and Google
  • Countdown timer for arena orbs
  • UI issues related to Facebook/Google login
  • Issues caused by app crashes/forced closings during cutscenes
We are also aware of the following issues and will continue to work to address them in future updates:

• Social media account logout button
  • Download size prompts
  • Friend list not refreshing
We sincerely appreciate all of your feedback to help us improve the state of the game and have the following planned to express our gratitude for your continuous support:

• 5★ Select Summon Ticket x1
  • Weekly Free 10+1 Summon from 3/4 - 3/31 PST
  • Week 1: 3/4 - 3/10
  • Week 2: 3/11 - 3/17
  • Week 3: 318 - 3/24
  • Week 4: 3/25 - 3/31
These issues have been resolved in app version 3.4.3:

1. Pop up warning of "Existing Account Data" before loading a bound account will not appear again after cancelling the login attempt once.
  2. Scrolling banners on the top right corner in the game were not displaying correctly.
  3. Minor visual, text, and language issues.
  4. Missing bundle button in shop.
  5. Incorrect language being displayed on Login Option screen.
  6. Banner on top of the Vortex were not displaying correctly.
  7. Some of the news were not displaying properly.
  8. App force closed when accessing the Colosseum for users who had completed all levels prior.
  9. Bundle prices not displaying correctly.
We ask for your patience as our team resolves these issues in order to improve the quality of your gaming experience.

If you have any queries or encounter any other issues not listed here, please contact Customer Support - https://gumi.helpshift.com/a/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/

Once again, our humble apologies for any inconvenience caused. We value and appreciate your understanding.

• The FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS Team

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Impressive that they somehow managed to say all that without addressing the story event glitch, one of the things people have been the most upset at them about.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn buggy bonus stage. I got kicked out after Experiment 44; at least it seems to remember the parts I did clear. I'll try and go back tomorrow... maybe.

For the first two stages my team was Ace, Loren, Wilhelm, Fina, Aurora Fry, and Friend Aurora.

Terror knight was irritating so I got past by blowing up ace, abusing Fina re-raise, and a pheonix down. Experiment was sturdy as hell and I was incredibly stupid here. For the 20% threshold I failed at killing the boss but still did the third fire skill getting Wilhelm snorted. So my team got murdered, then Wilhelm returned. He was full evade so he was able to cover->provoke-> pheonix down fina salvaging that somehow.

Since it looks like I don't have to worry about the esper on the Terror Knight hopefully the experiment is faster/easier swapping in Zarg or Roy, I think I used him the last time Intangir came up.

That fight is irritating enough as is, stupid bugs.

Edit:

Really? Turns out that doing the triple cast cooldown on aurora fry's into luster->radiance->radiance was able to one-shot intangir. I didn't expect this so I restarted the app to redo the turn with esper; and now my mission clears on the terror knight and no deaths on the experiment no longer exist.

Now that I've the done the stage enough times it's not hard per say, some of 44's thresholds get close; but fuuuuck.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Could someone explain what the fuck is happening with my account right now? It's randomly asking me to log in but only giving me the Google option, not Facebook. So I choose Google and it's asking me to pick my user name.

The fuck?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
For those who didn't see it yet, here's CG WoL in JP

Also you can get 5* Garland for free with his prism and 100% moogle / stmr moogle, at least every unit of the series will get bonus.

• MK Rebranding: "Series Event"
    • All Series Units will get an all stats bonus (100%) and will provide currency bonus. (Including FP units)
    • Removal of BGN/INT/ADV & Adding a New Difficulty (Only clearable once)
    • Rescaling stages difficulty and currency drops.
    • Event Equipments added to Event Points rewards.
    • Login Bonus:
      Day 1 = 2x 3★ Garland
      Day 2 = 2x 4★ WoL
      Day 3~14 = 5x 10 EN Pots
  • MK Exchange:
    Event Unit (5★ / Level Max)
    Event Unit Prism
    Event Unit Trust Moogles
    Event Unit Super Trust Moogles
    (Note: Event unit in this case is Garland)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._ff1_mk_item_world_download_campaign_more_31/

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, after a crazy amount of tries, I finally did the bonus stage with all rewards. Took loads of tries due to the unable to obtain rewards if your game restart issues, plus was trying to figure out how to survive the threshold attacks in the second fight. Got there in the end, wasted quite a lot of NRG on this story event due to my app restarting on my phone when I switched to a different process.

I ended up using a 5* Select Summon too (my second one now, first being Trance Terra). I only ever use it if I'm really stuck on a timed trial. This time I went for Lotus Mage Fina, which made the Bonus Stage a lot easier, I'm sure she's going to come in very handy.

Also, you can pay for 5 UoC tickets in the shop?! At least put the limit to 1....not impressed with that, good for greedy Gumi though.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I've not been able to get onto the game since start of Lunar event. I'm using an iPhone 6S, and it just crashes out at the first Loading... screen after the login screen. Works on my work phone (Samsung J3 2017) but runs awful.

Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times. Anyone else having issues?

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't recommend jumping into this game new or after a really long break at this point. Bugs everywhere, lack of content, lack of communication, over reliance on limited banners, etc. I'm only still playing (very limitedly) at this point because of all the time I've put into it.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm barely playing the game atm. Even doing the dailies is a slog.

They need to be consistent with their updates and push new content, new trials, endgame stuff to do. I know they've kinda adressed the bugs in that updates post but nowhere do they say anything about the plans for new modes or content.

Claic and Howl did a good job of pointing out what the issues with the game are currently. They keep throwing new powerful units at us but there's mostly nothing to use them on.

This game is becoming just a summon interface.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
They need to be consistent with their updates and push new content, new trials, endgame stuff to do. I know they've kinda adressed the bugs in that updates post but nowhere do they say anything about the plans for new modes or content.

Claic and Howl did a good job of pointing out what the issues with the game are currently. They keep throwing new powerful units at us but there's mostly nothing to use them on.

Game code is some copy pasta spaghetticode. I dropped Arena (done 2 battles this week and Iam at 63k position). Tap crapton of times and hope that you can kill enemy first turn or it will be a slow mess with awful rewards (after 2 years of Arena, rewards are crap versus amount of time & effort needed thanks to crappy ui).

For me its the ui thats killing the game.

Having +450 eqs and same amount of materias makes unit / party building awful experience cause you can't have saved eq sets. Equipping units for 10 man trials. I have some trials undone cause I just dont want to waste 20 minutes to change & eq new units.

Game is almost 3 years old (global) and we still cant mass sell Gil Turtles. I had ~1450 / 1500 units in Turtles / Cactuars and game was slow as hell and I don't have potato phone. Sold over 400 turtles one by one tapping them, goodbye my sanity.

Then there are those ~800 cactuars I should do something. Again tapping one by one (fuck the minmaxing). I want slider or some other option how to add 60 at once.

Streamline the fucking UI. Where the hell is "Sell all turtles" option after summoning with raid coins"? They are bringing new banners after banner but cant fix original problems in game that have been there from day 1.

Reusing old (15.4.2015) pic I made for Chain Chrocicle global thread, here we are again:

ANFA1.png

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Nail on the head. It's a summon simulator that asks several hours of your time per week minimum but gives you interesting content once a month. Even at its best it wasn't much more than this, but weekly events are beyond stale at this point.

If you have brain slugs and can still get excited about ProgressQuest style power increases on your character sheet then the game might still have something to offer you. For me I'm so over it - in a different sort of way than previous "quits" as a result of failing on a banner - I just log in, do dailies, log out.

Whoever you are, whatever your lifestyle: your free time is worth more than this.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Game code is some copy pasta spaghetticode. I dropped Arena (done 2 battles this week and Iam at 63k position). Tap crapton of times and hope that you can kill enemy first turn or it will be a slow mess with awful rewards (after 2 years of Arena, rewards are crap versus amount of time & effort needed thanks to crappy ui).

For me its the ui thats killing the game.

Having +450 eqs and same amount of materias makes unit / party building awful experience cause you can't have saved eq sets. Equipping units for 10 man trials. I have some trials undone cause I just dont want to waste 20 minutes to change & eq new units.

Game is almost 3 years old (global) and we still cant mass sell Gil Turtles. I had ~1450 / 1500 units in Turtles / Cactuars and game was slow as hell and I don't have potato phone. Sold over 400 turtles one by one tapping them, goodbye my sanity.

Then there are those ~800 cactuars I should do something. Again tapping one by one (fuck the minmaxing). I want slider or some other option how to add 60 at once.

Streamline the fucking UI. Where the hell is "Sell all turtles" option after summoning with raid coins"? They are bringing new banners after banner but cant fix original problems in game that have been there from day 1.

Reusing old (15.4.2015) pic I made for Chain Chrocicle global thread, here we are again:

ANFA1.png

Oh yes I completely agree with you. The UI is a hot mess, and the UX is even worse. This game expects you to invest a lot of time into just managing resources. For a mobile game, this is insane. It feels like something from 15 years ago.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting to the point that I kind of think Gumi is trying to tank the game on purpose these days. It feels like they're trying to get out of their contract with S-E and have just completely stopped caring.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly what the game needed, another step-up for units which you can then send to expeditions and farm teams or just watch collect dust in your inventory.

https://dm.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/avpqgq/gl_featured_global_lineup_more_maybe_3137/

[Featured Global Line-Up]
Drop rates increase for the featured global original units in this limited-time summon!

Receive Global Exchange Tickets from each summon in the step-up summon!

Limited to 1 per player!

Step-Up: "20,000 Lapis" [Max: 1 Lap]
  • Step 1: 4,000 Lapis, 9+2 (2 Gold) & 10% Trust Moogle
  • Step 2: 4,000 Lapis, 9+2 (2 Gold) & 4★ Summon Ticket
  • Step 3: 4,000 Lapis, 8+3 (2 Gold/1 Rainbow)
  • Step 4: 4,000 Lapis, 9+2 (2 Gold) & 10% 5★ Ticket
  • Step 5: 4,000 Lapis, 8+3 (2 Gold/1 Rainbow)
+2x Global Exchange Ticket PER STEP

[Global Exchange Ticket]
Collect and exchange 10 Global Exchange Tickets for a global original unit from the list of available units below. Exchange them by talking to King Mog in the dimensional vortex, kupo!

Global Exchange Tickets are valid ONLY during the aforementioned exchange period.

[Exchange List]
  • Demon Rain
  • Dracu Lasswell
  • Grim Lord Sakura
  • Lucius
  • Lilith
  • Seaside Nichol
  • Aloha Lasswell
  • White Knight Noel
  • Christine
  • Kryla
  • Yun
  • Ang
  • Chow
  • 5★ Trust Moogle (All 100%)
  • 4★+ Guaranteed EX Ticket
  • 4★ King Metal Minituar (Max Level)

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting to the point that I kind of think Gumi is trying to tank the game on purpose these days. It feels like they're trying to get out of their contract with S-E and have just completely stopped caring.

I think it's more like "We fucked this game up already, let's just try to squeeze whatever we can out of the players and then we can start over with the new game coming out, it will be awesome to sell the same characters all over again - and this time everything will be limited banners right from the start".

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more like "We fucked this game up already, let's just try to squeeze whatever we can out of the players and then we can start over with the new game coming out, it will be awesome to sell the same characters all over again - and this time everything will be limited banners right from the start".

If Square even lets them work on the next one.