• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Pulled a 5* Myra and Veritas of the Dark. Any good?

Agreed the UI takes forever to get tasks accomplished, but enjoying the game again. Quit 2-3 years ago. Lots of new content since then. 5 new continents and a bunch of other stuff that just eats up the whole day.

Saw earlier they will be giving a 5* select ticket in March? Does that mean we can pick any 5* hero or only a select few?

If we can pick anyone we want, what is the best hero to pick, Auron?

Btw, the 7* heroes is stupid. Hard enough for me to get a 5* hero, how am I suppose to get two of the same to fuse to 7*?

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

Agreed the UI takes forever to get tasks accomplished, but enjoying the game again. Quit 2-3 years ago. Lots of new content since then. 5 new continents and a bunch of other stuff that just eats up the whole day.

Saw earlier they will be giving a 5* select ticket in March? Does that mean we can pick any 5* hero or only a select few?

Btw, the 7* heroes is stupid. Hard enough for me to get a 5* hero, how am I suppose to get two of the same to fuse to 7*?
No, it means you need to collect ten of those select tickets to choose a single 5* hero.

Thus, one of those tickets is 1/10 of a unit, which itself is only 1/20 of a viable 7* unit.

Veritas of the Dark isn't great these days, but he's a Divine Ruination chainer and, since you still have 5 continents to go, will help you through the story content. And Myra is one of the best healers and buffers and, given your (probably?) outdated lineup, will immediately slot into your permanent party.

What you should do now is clear all the story content and hoard as much lapis as possible for a decent banner. Obviously, pull liberally on the free EX tickets you're gifted. You may land something useful. But then, remember, you'll need two of them, not just one.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
No, it means you need to collect ten of those select tickets to choose a single 5* hero.
Thanks for the info. Accidentally logged into my first account yesterday that was barely played and pulled Onion Knight. Was ecstatic, until I realized which account it was on. Myra/Veritas isn't a bad replacement.

Defeated Gilgamesh in the Fallen and got his sword and bushido materia, but the game didn't give me the attack + 30%? Has this happened to anyone else? Missing reward?

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't played in a couple of years and logged in.

Any tips??

Plugging away at the story is a great way to go as it's the primary source of free lapis in this game and imo the story gets pretty fun and interesting once you get far enough in. You're still on Season 1 and there's a bunch of new areas you can't see until Season 2 so there's tons for you to do, lots and lots of lapis to earn especially if you do the mission objectives. You have nice timing in that we're going to have half off NRG cost after the reset tonight so you'll be able to really hammer away during that event.

Do enough daily challenges each day to unlock the 50 lapis reward, it'll add up over time.

Do 5 Arena matches each day, doesn't matter if you win or lose to get some more easy lapis.

You can also click the tv icon in the top left corner to watch 5 commercials each day allowing you to spin a reward wheel each time that will either net you lapis or NRG restoratives. Every 100 spins gets you a bonus 500 lapis reward.

When Mog King events are running, prioritze those as there are valuable rewards he sells for the currency you earn and the event will only be there for two weeks. Prioritize summon tickets when you do those. Some events like Raids which we have one going right now, use their own energy source (orbs) seperate of NRG so you can burn those orbs farming it without using up NRG allowing you to do story missions or a coinciding event that uses NRG at the same time. So basically, prioritize events.

Send units you aren't using to do other stuff on Expeditions to net you rewards. This is also the main source of obtaining Super Cites which are used to level up your espers at the 3* level (don't waste them on the lower two levels as they are the only thing that provides decent xp towards leveling them up at 3*). On that note, when doing the story, look up what npc to talk to and in what town to unlock esper locations so that you can obtain them. The new special "Mog Expeditions" allow you to farm the trust master abilities for units faster and you can run this expedition three times a day.

I see you already had your select ticket (we call it UoC tickets) question answered so that should cover most of the basics to get you going. Feel free to ask the community here any questions that pop up as you play. Most importantly, have fun! There are those of us that still enjoy the game though the concerns others raise are valid. It's easier to enjoy if you actually like the story haha Speaking of which, new story chapter tonight, hype!

VoD is a good ATK unit that I've used all the way up to the FFX banner that just left containing Jecht and Auron. Jecht finally benched VoD for me. Myra should be a nice support unit for you for a while though I haven't read too much on her. Regardless, just about any rainbow unit will be powerful for all the easier content like the story. As to whom to use the select tickets for, wait until you collect 10 and then you can see what's lacking in your team. OP meta units are great but it's more important to have a well balanced team if you have at least solid units filling in each role. Akstar will be the new meta setter as far as ATK goes and he should hit around April-ish. Auron is a top tier breaker (debuffer) who can also put up solid damage numbers.

As for getting a dupe of a rainbow, you either save up lapis to do the step up banner for who you want, or get one of them and then use 10 select tickets to get the other. It sucks but the one nice thing about it is that at least dupes are no longer worthless.
Thanks for the info. Accidentally logged into my first account yesterday that was barely played and pulled Onion Knight. Was ecstatic, until I realized which account it was on. Myra/Veritas isn't a bad replacement.

Defeated Gilgamesh in the Fallen and got his sword and bushido materia, but the game didn't give me the attack + 30%? Has this happened to anyone else? Missing reward?
I'm going to assume that you accidentally brought in a team of 6 for the fight (it counts your friend unit). So if you brought a friend, you'd have to remove one of your own units out of the party to reach a total of 5 for that reward.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting to the point that I kind of think Gumi is trying to tank the game on purpose these days. It feels like they're trying to get out of their contract with S-E and have just completely stopped caring.

In my opinion, I believe that Gumi is currently a victim of its own machinations, and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Gumi has been trying (for better or worse) to pace the power creep levels on GL vs. how it occured on JP. Broadly speaking, Gumi **has** been successful with this. However, Gumi is now facing the unforeseen consequences of its choices in trying to put the brakes on power creep on GL.

Everyone, their grandkids, their grandkid's dogs, and their pet hamsters know by this point that everyone is waiting for Akstar for DPS and Yuriasha for Support, as they are power **leaps** over their predecessors. Gumi has been trying their damnedest to stall the arrival of these units for as long as possible, because there's no going back once they arrive.

In the meantime, slowing things down means that content is needed..... and Gumi clearly doesn't want to pay for custom GL content that is now necessary. As a result, we get these low effort "wave battles" and palette swapped raids as filler "content" (and I use that word very loosely) in the meantime. It's also NOT helping that Gumi is happily waiting on badly needed JP QoL upgrades on GL until the "natural" (whatever) time for that app update to arrive in the game's timeline. The opportunity for improvement is clearly there, and Gumi is intentionally NOT taking it.

This is also causing another major problem on the horizon, as people on Reddit correctly pointed out today. Story events are the only real measurable foundation of an event schedule. Akstar is literally only six weeks away at this point. Even if the current banners are bait for pre-Xenogears, that would likely mean that the XG units (unless GLEX buffed) are only going to have a month's lifespan before the much easier to acquire Akstar (unless GLEX shenanigans on his banner) occurs. That would make the XG units extremely illogical to pull for. The longer Gumi stalls, the worse the compression on power creep is going to be when the floodgates are opened.

In the meantime, Gumi is trying to milk the hell out of the unwitting masses. The insane whale-tier bundles of the last few weeks have really shown a spotlight on this.

-- Free UoC unit with $250 USD lapis purchase
-- $48 USD 5* EX pulls

Exactly what the game needed, another step-up for units which you can then send to expeditions and farm teams or just watch collect dust in your inventory.

-- And now this step-up. This screams **last chance clearance** sale on all those GLEX holiday units before they are doomed to be expedition fodder when Akstar arrives. Even better, the banner only lasts for three days. Which means there's going to be a second one of these afterwards.

Gumi made this mess, and unless there's something they aren't saying, they are seemingly not making any real efforts to get out of it.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
I'm going to assume that you accidentally brought in a team of 6 for the fight (it counts your friend unit). So if you brought a friend, you'd have to remove one of your own units out of the party to reach a total of 5 for that reward.
Thanks a bunch for all the info. Looks like this is going to need more time than expected to get everything done per day.

Could anyone add me please? Could use the help for the upcoming events/fallen enemies etc.

ID: 448-411-781, thanks!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Agree with what you've said, Lyrian though the Xenogears unit to pull for is Elly and Akstar won't impact that. If they keep pulling stuff like this uninspired Raid event, they'll see numbers drop consistently and be forced to give us what we want. We'll see how it goes.

Leehorn,

No problem and don't burn yourself out, just do what you're willing to. It's just a game, after all and you're playing it to have fun. I've sent you a friend request.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
And here we go again. 6 Hour maintenance. Expecting it to be extented and add some previously fixed bugs with prolly new bugs introduced too.
Someone could count the hours this game has been on mainenance after its soft launch days (almost 3 years ago). Thats a lot of downtime for a mobile game that lives by the players. Economy department likes these constant maintenances right...

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The new update didn't fix the high amount of crash due to memory leakage (with HD on)

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
The new update didn't fix the high amount of crash due to memory leakage (HD texture)

But we surely went back in time.

Screenshot_20160901-140537.png
Screenshot_20190301-121839.png

Pic1. 1.9.2016
Pic2. 1.3.2019

Right...

Summary:
1. Gumi fucks up badly.
2. Players join the fray
3. End of February Gumi gives compensation
3.1. After reading what compensation is players do know its taken from monthly logins.
4. Start of March new daily login calendar.

WHICH IS FUCKING WORSE THAN THE CALENDAR THERE WAS 09/2016.

Hey Gumi.
Giving compensation is not something that is taken away. Compensation is meant to be extra. Not like moving money from pocket to another pocket.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The new update didn't fix the high amount of crash due to memory leakage (HD texture)

I was hoping they would fix than first. I just get my log in bonus and quit. It's not worth spending time sitting in loading screens after a crash only to crash a few minutes later. I have been playing more Assassins Creed Rebellion instead.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to shut global down. They clearly don't care anymore and the game is dead until the next anniversary in June. Just fucking end it and save us all the lies and bullshit.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Ummm, I'm having an infinite crash issue with Star Quartz Map which means I can't start it...
Every time I depart, it says "Connecting...", then I just get "A connection error has occurred". Pressing OK returns back to the "Tap to start" screen...and I'm back to the same problem...sigh.

I heard you like Hasiko so we put another Hasiko in your Hasiko trial.

lol!

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
Well I'm a dumbdumb. I haven't been paying too much attention... I thought the global unit summons were like a bonus event alongside a new bunch of summons... but... this is it?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
++ Arena orb timer finally added.
-- Raid orb timer was removed.

Is it literally impossible to have more than one timer on screen at once???

This is 2019, for crying out loud. Come on, Gumi!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry Leehorn, looks like the half NRG cost only applies to some of the void trials. In the past, it also applied to the main story missions so I assumed.

It's pretty funny they finally added that QoL counter for Arena only to subtract the one for the Raid /facepalm

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Sorry Leehorn, looks like the half NRG cost only applies to some of the void trials. In the past, it also applied to the main story missions so I assumed.

It's pretty funny they finally added that QoL counter for Arena only to subtract the one for the Raid /facepalm
No worries, thanks for the add! How to get the adventure V materia? Seen a lot of high hp/dmg people with it. Looks like I need to do the expeditions for relics?

Get adventure I and upgrade or are we able to go straight for adventure V?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No worries, thanks for the add! How to get the adventure V materia? Seen a lot of high hp/dmg people with it. Looks like I need to do the expeditions for relics?

Get adventure I and upgrade or are we able to go straight for adventure V?

You upgrade Adv I to Adv II and so on and so forth. It takes a long time.

May 9, 2018
The only thing keeping me from quitting FFBE is a) sunk cost of time and b) there isn't another Gacha game that has kept my interest (Dragalia Lost did for awhile, and I've had absurd good luck with the gacha, but the endgame is a bit grindy/elitist around Might levels)

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Fortunately for me, I dig the story so I'd play if for that and new mainline FF units if nothing else and those are what I cared the most about when starting the game anyway. I can't wait to see what CG Squall will be like, his true redemption setting him at the OP level he deserves! Every one of the new CG mainlines have been really strong so there's no fear of them screwing him up at this point. If anything, he'll be even stronger due to coming out later as they seem to continually one-up each other (those that play a similar role anyway).

Glad to see WoL be a monster and reclaim the best physical tank throne. I prefer what he brings to the table over Galuf. It'd be nice to have an all mainline FF party that's legitimately super strong one day and this new wave going on should allow for that. Too bad they are jumping around in order so I have no idea when I could hypothetically expect to see Squall's release ha

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I heard you like Hasiko so we put another Hasiko in your Hasiko trial.

You know. They managed to fuck this fight too :D. It would have been ok fight, but why the hell there are turns that are Immune Magic & Immune Physical. Not like 2 battles with high SPR & DEF enemies were bad enough. I noticed I could do this without LB's but oh well, not going to burn 50ish new turns just for lousy 10k coins, other rewards acquired.

You definitely need certain units and a bunch of nice tm's in order to clear this trial decently "fast".

Screenshot_20190302-101237.png
Screenshot_20190302-104635.png
Screenshot_20190302-104647.png

- 17 Turns for first battle.
- 31 Turns for second battle, I was going to clear it in 30 turns but what you know it was "Resist Physical" turn I wasted only time there.
- Looking phone timestamp I used 34 minutes to 2nd battle *lol*.
- Double Ang doing Double Power Shot made ~4% per turn when they could do them.
- Folka was tossing Water Screen & Deep Circle combo every turn. Noticed that there just aint point of using debuff removals from party. Safety Bit equipped!
- Kryla ATK & MAG break + LB and hexes and differend debuffs, could get 300k per turn at best hp from boss.
- WKN Magic cover, sometimes LB and double Tornado just for chaining. Genji Shield equipped!
- Willy Provoke, ATK & MAG buff.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I cleared Hasiko with a 5-man team finally, all missions.

Seph ARain Rena Zarg and Machina. I had Seph and Rena light DR chain. Phase 1 was over in 2 turns, phase 2 took 29.

Glad that's over. I'm ready to never see Hasiko ever again.

Alpherg was easy with enough prep. I did the elemental missions except dark with Rem at the start, had her sacrifice for the first summon, then I chained dark with Sophia and TTerra.

Rena as a healer, Zarg for buffs, Loren for breaks, and Basch as a tank since phase 1 requires phys cover and phase 2 magic.

Rena and Zarg took care of the stops that come from phase 2 onwards.

TTerra was swapped in in Loren's place when she didn't need to debuff, but Sophia did lots of damage by herself as well. I really like her as a unit.

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Strangely ROFLstomped Hasiko with ease.

Malphasie is incredible here. I went in planning extreme overkill for mana regen with Folka + Lunera, expecting the worst. But, Maphasie has a counter ATK/MAG debuff just neuters Hasiko for free. Once that occured, mana regen was no problem, and the debuff kept procing over and over and over. Thousand Winds+ when equipped with a light elemental weapon... perfection, especially after casting her CD demon killer buff.

Didn't even need Loren's debuffs. She just ended up merrily chaining her light elemental attack with Malphasie for devastating effects.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
Hasiko took 3 turns for the first fight
Awakened Hasiko took 14 turns for the second fight, but frankly it would have taken at least 5 turns less because a few of those turns were me doing damage for 8 turns doing shit damage then going "wait, pressing auto isn't chaining for some reason, that's why my damage sucks!" and moving to a macro to perfect chain instead.

Sieghard/6★ Lid/Ayaka/Zarg/Hyoh and friend A.Fry.

Never really in any danger, except I had to use LBs because I killed the first boss too fast instead of making sure I had enough MP before going into the second one. I might have gotten away with it if I had everyone defend on T1 of the second boss, but I just said fuck it to the 10k coins and used LBs instead and it was fine.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/389496861

I have the fight here, it's about 24 minutes

Last edited:

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
I'm confused, why is that monster called Hasiko for you guys and Incarnation of Hatred for me?

What is the difference between regular and EX tickets?

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused, why is that monster called Hasiko for you guys and Incarnation of Hatred for me?

What is the difference between regular and EX tickets?
Might be what she's called in the limited trial fight but otherwise is mentioned in a news bulletin.

Regular tickets are better because you can use them on specific banners granting you a chance of getting a specific unit you want. EX tickets pull from the entire unit pool minus limited time units so it's 100% random what you'll get aside from a 5* version assuring a rainbow and the 4* version assuring 4* or better.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Might be what she's called in the limited trial fight but otherwise is mentioned in a news bulletin.

Regular tickets are better because you can use them on specific banners granting you a chance of getting a specific unit you want. EX tickets pull from the entire unit pool minus limited time units so it's 100% random what you'll get aside from a 5* version assuring a rainbow and the 4* version assuring 4* or better.
Thanks for explaining the differences.

Decided to fight Hasiko and he/she annihilated me. Couldn't even make it past the first round.

The best heroes I have are, Exdeath, Olive, Myra, Lightning, Ezra, DKC, Veritas of the Dark, and the other typical units like WoL, Furion etc.

What heroes should I be targeting when the new banner drops? Akstar and ?

From playing with friend heroes, Aurora Fryevia, Sora and Hyoh seem really good.

Some reason, haven't seen Auron around. Is he not that good?

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017

Decided to fight Hasiko and he/she annihilated me. Couldn't even make it past the first round.

The best heroes I have are, Exdeath, Olive, Myra, Lightning, Ezra, DKC, Veritas of the Dark, and the other typical units like WoL, Furion etc.

From playing with friend heroes, Aurora Fryevia, Sora and Hyoh seem really good.

Friend units that are usually put up tend to be chaning partners (characters who people can match abilities with to watch the combo counter rack up for extra damage) or just high dmg characters so peeps have good-looking numbers. You can view the chaining families here. Hyoh is a good unit because he's quite easy to equip and has access to a few chaining families.

In general, a lot of the less dmg-based roles don't go up as a friend unit (although some people do, there's no golden rule). Auron is very good but his role is a breaker (he reduces the enemies power) so he might not be put up as much and his dmg will be slightly lower (because whilst he can hit hard it's not his primary use). Memel0rd does a good ranking of the units best for different roles. If you click the character links he has you can also see why they end up ranked the way they are. It's also worth scrolling down to the best units for F2P players, as these tend to be solid units which can get you through early game content with little trouble.

Akstar is praised because he's the next major step up for the game and can blow alotta current damage totals out the water. He was also in JP put on a banner by himself as the only rainbow making it easier to make sure you got him (these tend to be the best banners to pull on now as they increase the odds of getting 2 of a unti to convert for 7*). Global is hoping he gets put on a banner by himself but with Gumi we can never be sure...

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017

Those limited time trials and the more recent ones in general will be too tough for you right now, trials are the most difficult content in the game, end game content if you will though they aren't all equally difficult.

If you list all your 5* and 4* base units some recommendations could be made for your team composition though that can vary for different fights but we could at least help you decide what your strongest characters are (and so can Memelord's ratings as Sputnik mentioned). WoL is a great physical tank for a 4* and I rocked him since he first debuted all the way until Sieghard recently came out. He'll be a nice tank for you for quite a bit of content and quite serviceable until you eventually get a 5* base tank. You definitely want VoD in to chain with other top units like Hyoh, Jecht, Fryevia, and others of the Divine Ruination (DR) family (called that after Orlandeu's skill which started this chain family). You'll ultimately want a healer, another chainer DR chainer to chain with your VoD, and a finisher for normal content. You'll swap out someone for a great breaker or buffer for the more challenging content. BTW, WoL can serve as your breaker until you get a high tier dedicated one. He has decent breaks when at 6*. I'm hoping you have a healer that you haven't mentioned yet.

Sputnik already covered it, people tend to share strong chainers unless they're excited to show off their new toy, the unit is a favorite of theirs, or there's a Mog King event running that offers bonus currency for using that character. Everyone was sharing Jechts and Aurons during their Mog King event. Although he'll be using most of his turns to break, Auron has increased value in that he can chain with Akstar which not many units realeased here will be able to do when Akstar first hits. Akstar's bread and butter chain is the Absolute Tranquility (AT) family which began with Pyro Glacier Laswell.

Once you have a decent team put together, you'll want to dip your toe into the Ignacio Story Event and see how many stages you can handle. Story Events are the primary and best method for gathering the various crysts which are used to enhance unit skills. You'll want to enhance VoD and especially WoL, WoL's give him a huge boost and VoD's allow you to enhance his main damage skill you'll be using to chain with friend units. You can see how far up the dungeon chain you can get and then farm the ones dropping the colors you need for the particular unit you want to upgrade. Just know when you enter a Story Event dungeon, you can't leave until you complete it for forfeit and the latter won't allow you to keep anything so make sure you have enough NRG to do the whole dungeon (it tells you how much it would take beside the dungeon name) before you enter.

Oh, more thing related to my last post to you, EX tickets can actually pull limited units while their banner is running. They just can't once the banner is gone though it's kind of astronomical odds at landing any specific unit with an EX ticket anyway haha Since you've been out a while and don't have a lot of more current units, the EX tickets will be more rewarding for you.

Oh, and as to who you should save for, we'd have to see all your units first. You want to focus on getting a well rounded team (filling all the main roles) first.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
leehom You probably want to hit up the Discord, where we can talk you through stuff in real time. My recommendation is to just catch up on story content, get a ton of lapis, and wait for a banner worth pulling on. Keep collecting login rewards, try to do content to get rewards, but ultimately, your party basically consists of:

WoL (awaken his abilities) -- he's powercrept but still functional
VotD -- he'll chain with all the Hyohs you see on your friend list
Myra -- great healer, and you'll hopefully land a second copy soon

... after that, it falls off. You don't have a buffer. You don't really have a breaker, aside from Black Cat Lid (who's seriously outdated). You'll want to throw Olive in your party simply because, as a 5* base, she's bulky enough and relatively easy to gear.

That said: you don't need a stacked lineup to take out story content, which is what you should be focusing on.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
WoL is fine as a breaker for most content, he was mine until Sieg hit. He'll be your tank and breaker for now.

Myra is a very competent healer at 6* so swap Refia out for her and she'll provide some support as well.

VoD your physical chainer as mentioned previously.

I'd probably go with Olive like Addie said but perhaps see who you can best gear out of your other 5* base units. Olive can be your finisher.

ExDeath can stay in for story as his multiple elements will help you achieve a lot of the mission objectives as well as those that require using dark magic. For more challenging content where magic isn't needed, you can toss in DKC instead.

For tougher content, you'll ultimately be replacing everyone in your party except perhaps Myra who could serve you just fine at healer for a long time. So there will be a number of units that would help you coming in the future. Akstar for damage, and Yuraisha for buffing in terms of who we expect within the next month or two. Otherwise we'll see which units they bring back on banners. You can ask or look things up on each banner as they hit in terms of if they're worth pulling on. Ideally save lapis for step-up banners and use tickets for other ones.

Make sure you're chaining your attacks between VoD and your friend unit. You've most likely already figured out his main move is Dark Punishment. You'll chain that by executing that attack and your friend unit's DR chain skill one after the other as quickly as possible (or simultaneously if you can). For Hyoh, that's Servant of the Blade which he can dual and sometimes triple cast, for Jecht it's Jecht Rush and he can dual or triple cast it as well. Orlandeu it's Divine Ruination and Sephiroth it's The Heavens Wept. Fryevia it's her main skill, Flower Frost Blossom or whatever it's called but it has to be fully awakened to match the frames (you'll see a +2 beside the name). There are others but these are the most common of the DR chainers you'll see on your friends list. Someone else can chime in if I'm spacing a popular choice.

In any case, your friend units will be able to solo the story missions quite frankly at least most of it and Myra will make it pretty much impossible to lose in the story missions anyway. You're plenty well set up to catch all the way up in the story and handle most of the other content. It's the later trials that will be too tough and the ten man trials for now but there's no rush in completing any of that anyway. Focus on building up your lapis for what's to come and stockpiling other mats like those used to awaken units to 6*, magicities for esper leveling, and cryts for enhancements.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
leehom
WoL (awaken his abilities) -- he's powercrept but still functional
VotD -- he'll chain with all the Hyohs you see on your friend list
Myra -- great healer, and you'll hopefully land a second copy soon

WoL is fine as a breaker for most content, he was mine until Sieg hit. He'll be your tank and breaker for now.

Myra is a very competent healer at 6* so swap Refia out for her and she'll provide some support as well.

VoD your physical chainer as mentioned previously.

I'd probably go with Olive like Addie said but perhaps see who you can best gear out of your other 5* base units. Olive can be your finisher.
Thanks for the help guys. Ouch, truth hurts that the old 5* aren't any good.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the help guys. Ouch, truth hurts that the old 5* aren't any good.
To be fair, if you had a number of the best TMRs to equip on some of them like Olive, she could be a real powerhouse in her own right at 7*. You'll be fine for over 90% of the content so don't worry, you can upgrade your units over time and tackle the tougher stuff later. It's only natural in these types of games that power creep occurs and the damage dealers are the ones particularly afflicted with this. It's for this reason it's a sound argument to only use the select choice tickets on other roles that aren't power crept often. At the end of the day though, you pull for who you really want. As someone that normally hoards for meta units, you think a guy with my username was going to allow the FFVIII banner pass by without making sure I had 7* Squall and Rinoa? Parish the thought! I'll never regret using resources for them and it's for the lure of our favorite FF units that we gave this game a chance in the first place.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Just remembered I still don't have 7 star magic tank and haven't needed one yet. I wonder when I'll be forced to UOC a 2nd A.Rain.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Lord dupe on the free 10+1, at least it's helping for the expert missions whenever we get them.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Shadow Lord dupe on the free 10+1, at least it's helping for the expert missions whenever we get them.
Don't know who Shadow Lord is, but it's better than my pulls, which were trassssh.

You guys were right, need to focus on the story and unlock all the new Espers. Didn't realize how far behind I was. Just finished Mysidia and still have about 9 continents to conquer.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
You guys were right, need to focus on the story and unlock all the new Espers. Didn't realize how far behind I was. Just finished Mysidia and still have about 9 continents to conquer.

As others have said, enjoy the ride.

7* units are only really needed for top-end tier trials currently and farming LGD-tier Mog King difficulty.

Most FFBE-ERA friend units can carry you easily across ELT Mog Kings for easy farming. 7*s aren't really needed for story mode.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
10+1 yielded Beryl (3).

Finally cleared Omega today, after three days of throwing myself against the wall on that one. Feels good, man. That trail sucks.

I need some updated chainers, badly.