• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's finally happening, they're updating the arena ticket summon. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...bemini_ffbe_updates_32_final_fantasy_iii_new/
Goddamn it sures took a while since we skipped the previous one on Global.
Arena Summon Update
  • King Metal Minituar
  • Gil Snapper Family
  • King Pot 7 types
  • 1% Trust Moogle
  • Star Quartz
  • and more!
(No more items)

Now we wait expert/parameter missions they said they would release early 2019 at the December Fan Festa.

Edit : an apparently good video on the powercreep of Brave Exvius. (Just started watching it)

The TLDW is having the broken characters are overkill and a lot of units can clear the hard content.
It was true before and I speak by experience since I used Agrias for so long while everyone had Orlandeau for a year already, of course nowadays we have 7* awakening so I don't know how it is.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It's finally happening, they're updating the arena ticket summon. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...bemini_ffbe_updates_32_final_fantasy_iii_new/
Goddamn it sures took a while since we skipped the previous one on Global.
Arena Summon Update
  • King Metal Minituar
  • Gil Snapper Family
  • King Pot 7 types
  • 1% Trust Moogle
  • Star Quartz
  • and more!
(No more items)

Now we wait expert/parameter missions they said they would release early 2019 at the December Fan Festa.

Edit : an apparently good video on the powercreep of Brave Exvius. (Just started watching it)

The TLDW is having the broken characters are overkill and a lot of units can clear the hard content.
It was true before and I speak by experience since I used Agrias for so long while everyone had Orlandeau for a year already, of course nowadays we have 7* awakening so I don't know how it is.

I laughed at Qin sucking. I would have put Marie in there instead, but hey...

He;s also right. I play somewhere in the middle of the playground, not at all the Meta but I get just enough from free play (or at least as close as can be while paying for fountain of lapis) to keep up with most stuff if I actually try or put some effort in (eff you Hasiko).

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't used my free 10+1 summon yet. Is Aurora Fryevia worth chasing or should I just hold off until the OK Refia & DK Luneth banner?

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
if u mean the 10+1 that went live on monday there's no use holding onto it as it won't contain the FFIII units should u pull on it after the III event goes live. best to use it before it resets next monday.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Before dropping all my magicites trying to level up every esper. Which ones is currently the best of the crop?

Best for healer/magic damage/tank/physical damage and ?

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Before dropping all my magicites trying to level up every esper. Which ones is currently the best of the crop?

Best for healer/magic damage/tank/physical damage and ?
Odin and Ifrit for physical attackers, Carbuncle for healer, can use Lakshmi but I prefer Carbuncle and using Lakshmi for Support. Golem for physical/provoke tank, I usually throw Bahamut on my magic tank and I want to say Tetra Sylpheed for MAG but you can use Leviathan or Ramuh as well. Titan is good for attackers as well but Odin and Ifrit have useful killer passives in addition to being good stat wise. Others can chime in if they find Alexander or Anima useful, haven't messed with them really. Diablos is niche useful for when you need protection from darkness or for the man eater passives for strong "man" bosses.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't used my free 10+1 summon yet. Is Aurora Fryevia worth chasing or should I just hold off until the OK Refia & DK Luneth banner?
This is a mostly uninformed opinion but A.Fry is a DPS unit from last year, so I don't imagine it will be worth chasing with almost no DPS units are worth chasing with Akstar on the way within the next month or so

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Akstar is already coming next month, feel like Hyoh hype was not so long ago.
Looks like enhanced Beatrix is a AT chainer now, so yay my first one.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Well, prism being put into the item exchange means I have my 7* 2B, now. I don't really give a damn about meta, so I really don't give a damn about Akstar. I don't feel liek there's anything I need given I have most of the higher regarded physical and magic damage dealers anyway.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Odin and Ifrit for physical attackers, Carbuncle for healer, can use Lakshmi but I prefer Carbuncle and using Lakshmi for Support. Golem for physical/provoke tank, I usually throw Bahamut on my magic tank and I want to say Tetra Sylpheed for MAG but you can use Leviathan or Ramuh as well. Titan is good for attackers as well but Odin and Ifrit have useful killer passives in addition to being good stat wise. Others can chime in if they find Alexander or Anima useful, haven't messed with them really. Diablos is niche useful for when you need protection from darkness or for the man eater passives for strong "man" bosses.
Thanks, I'm surprised the OG espers are still some of the best.

Btw, I think I need a better chainer, damage dealer and mage on my team. Who would you recommend?

Used a Orlando friend unit a few times and his LB is nuts.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
all this talk about Akstar, but how long do he hold the throne for?

given the choice, i would rather UoC CG Lightning if possible. But if i have to wait for 2 or 3 month, i will probably take Lightning

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, I'm surprised the OG espers are still some of the best.

Btw, I think I need a better chainer, damage dealer and mage on my team. Who would you recommend?

Used a Orlando friend unit a few times and his LB is nuts.

Well they catch right back up by getting star upgrades. Ramuh fell behind Tetra for instance but then Ramuh got his 3* upgrade which put him back ahead until Tetra got her 3* upgrade and so forth. It also has to do that they are each ideal for specific types of roles so sometimes there isn't any competition for an old esper for a particular role. For instance, Golem still has zero competition for the physical tank role. I believe he's still the only one that has the Provoke skill in his grid as well.

We'll have to see what banners show up since they intentionally throw in curve balls to ensure we don't follow the exact release order as Japan in their hopes of convinces us to not save for particular meta units that we have the advantage of foresight due to Japan releasing them 9ish months in advance. Basically, check out what roles new units perform based on what Gummi reveals in-game on the bulletin board and then feel free to ask if they're worthwhile here. You'll also see us discussing various units so just reading posts here can give you an idea, seeing who everyone is saving for, etc. Also, Reddit will always have threads on the latest.

For now, save for Akstar as he'll release soon, have the friendliest step up banner to date (assuming it's the same as Japan which honestly isnt' a safe assumption) particular because in Japan, he didn't share a banner with any other 5* units. We'll see if Gummi throws in another to mess with us. More importantly, he's a meta re-defining unit for ATK units when he hits. He'll remain the strongest for close to half a year (although Gummi could release a global exclusive unit similar in power soon after to try and entice people to spend more money replenishing lapis). The new CG versions of main series protagonists will be what usurps him but even then Akstar will still be extremely viable and you'll want two chainers in your party anyway.
all this talk about Akstar, but how long do he hold the throne for?

given the choice, i would rather UoC CG Lightning if possible. But if i have to wait for 2 or 3 month, i will probably take Lightning
I think it was around 5 months before Lightning hit. Unless you're a fan of her, you shouldn't bother with her anyway since Bartz came out just a month later I think it was and trounces her. If you like her, then of course go for her as she'll still be among the top tier. I'd say Akstar's reign is long enough to justify it, it's pretty long for gacha standards and he won't become irrelevent at that point anyway. Plus, as I mentioned above, you'll want two chainers (and a finisher) typically anyway so there's room for both in your party.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I think it was around 5 months before Lightning hit. Unless you're a fan of her, you shouldn't bother with her anyway since Bartz came out just a month later I think it was and trounces her. If you like her, then of course go for her as she'll still be among the top tier. I'd say Akstar's reign is long enough to justify it, it's pretty long for gacha standards and he won't become irrelevent at that point anyway. Plus, as I mentioned above, you'll want two chainers (and a finisher) typically anyway so there's room for both in your party.

Well, okay. 5 months is not to bad for FFBE standard. I'm afraid it will be hyoh all over again. With Kurasame being stronger than him by next month. In between Akstar and Lightning, i have never heard any character of note.

But i think in other gacha game, top character can retain their throne for 1 year or more sometimes.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Well, okay. 5 months is not to bad for FFBE standard. I'm afraid it will be hyoh all over again. With Kurasame being stronger than him by next month. In between Akstar and Lightning, i have never heard any character of note.

But i think in other gacha game, top character can retain their throne for 1 year or more sometimes.
They can always throw curve balls but as far as Japan goes, that's the rub. The only one around his level before then is Citan from the second Xenogears banner but Citan shares his banner with another 5* and is limited so no UoC tickets for him. I can't say I have buyers remorse concerning Hyoh, he's still kicking all kinds of ass for me and again, you're going to have more than one ATK unit in your party so it's not like they'll immediately get replaced. You replace the weakest of what's currently in your party. Or who you can't gear as well which brings me to another positive in Akstar's favor, he doesn't steal much equipment away from your current top DPS being that he's a kitana user and his BiS armor is the kimono from the 4* unit in the Ignacio banner not to mention your other units most likely don't care about kitana passive boosts and equips like Kitana mastery. I'll be able to keep the GS gear on my Jecht when Akstar comes and that's a boon.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Lol

Premium 10+1 give me 11 Gold

Fan festa 10+1 give me 10 blue 1 Gold

Previous week 10+1 give me 9 Blue 2 Gold.

I love the "compensation"

/s

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got Rinoa #1 from a 10+1 ticket, straight to the dumpster with ye!

Got a rainbow off a 3 star ticket on the banner but it was Orlando #5, dumpster getting full!

Looks like another MK getting farmed with low tier banner units. Hope you guys have some better luck so I can bum your Refias!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Balthier with the fan festa ticket, what year is it?!
At least I pulled 3 bonus units in less than 10 tickets.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
reminder that if you do (or did) the ad wheel at all you have way more nrg pots than you can reasonably use and just spending them to grind this event not only saves you tickets but also gets you more maps. there wasn't any reason to pull for bonus units before and there's even less now.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
^
Good advice XD

On another note I got raegan #2 and Medina #2 off my golden 10+1 pull so that was neat. Got Ayaka STMR off my MK 5* ticket too.

Hope your pulls gie ya good units everyone! ^^/ And given the event.... I hope your good luck occurs on better banners than the ff3 one =P

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I've never had problems getting my shit from MKs even when I'm struggling to get the 3/4-star banner units. By the end of the event I'm always just throwing currency at evo mats and other crap I don't need.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I have 500+ tickets so I don't mind spending a few for less grinding.
Also there was supposed to have the special daily bonus wave like we got for FF X but I read on Reddit that only few people have it.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was going insane! Hope they compensate ppl who miss out, assuming it's not a easy fix

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Not a single bonus wave so far, man the grind is real.
I got a Lasswell dupe with the special mog king ticket, that's 2 AT chainers now.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If you have Star Quartz maps, use them now as Gumi gave us the JP one that give 20+ per run.
They're still pretty useless but I guess you can get trust moogles with them.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Got my first Balthier with the fan festa ticket, what year is it?!

Heh, I pulled my second Aileen with the premium 10+1. Yay for 7* awakening counter +1 ?

Fun fact, apparently the "premium" 10+1 was really just a normal 10+1 ticket, coded that if it pulled a blue crystal that it upgraded to yellow.

Finetuned Ang and added ME+ materia & Diabolos. Can easily cruise LGD by repeating.

Thanks for the heads-up on that. Works brilliantly. EZ-mode it is for the next week.

Not a single bonus wave so far, man the grind is real.

Bad luck it seems. LGD has been fairly friendly to me today.

f you have Star Quartz maps, use them now as Gumi gave us the JP one that give 20+ per run.

Oh? So it is. Just did a run and got 30 SQ.

But, yeah.... outside of trust moogles, what else is even left on the chocobo vendors given how slowly new ones appear?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
rFOC4wy.jpg

Welp, I've officially beat the game. Worked so hard summoning, that the game gave up in submission.

Ugh.... 480k raid coins to go. RIP my weekend, lol.

Apparently, the hard cap for General Units + Fusion/Sale Units is 3000.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Fan Festa Gold and Up 10+1: no rainbows.
Fan Festa regular 10+1: No rainbows.
Mog King guaranteed 5* ticket: Shitbreeze Dark Fina #3.

Thanks for nothing, Gumi. I really feel celebrated.

This game is just so damn bad nowadays. Nothing worth doing now, NOTHING to look forward to any time soon, and it's been over two months since I've pulled anything even remotely close to good or exciting. I'm not sure I even have it in me to grind the UoC fragment out of this garbage event.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got nothing on the fan festa coins 10+1, my 5th Aranea on the premium 10+1, and DK Luneth on the 70k mog shop 5* ticket.

I spent 5 regular tickets and 2 4* on the banner for some bonus units and got my 3rd Aloha Lasswell in the process.

Kinda whatever, all in all, but DK Luneth's TMR is welcome. Can't complain.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Fun fact, apparently the "premium" 10+1 was really just a normal 10+1 ticket, coded that if it pulled a blue crystal that it upgraded to yellow.

Lazy dev, or well would it been easier to it be 5% for coding side :D.

Gold ticket gave LMFina 3rd.
KM normal tix Veritas of Candlestick 2nd.
70k KM event G5 Olive 3rd.

I have so many rainbows in 3 copies now.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Rain finally gets a Story Event on JP, big spoiler though as it's like the end of Season 2 there. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...p_maint_story_event_summon_fest_enhancements/

And its CG limit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SjaxkfmAHU
Lasswell should be next.

Once again it's summon fest so limited Rain :/

Also Elephim enhancement that stop making her locked into her songs.

Elfim
妖精のガヴォット Fairy's Gavotte
86 MP +120% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR while Singing (2 Turns)

1. Stat Buffs +30%, Duration +1
  2. Stat Buffs +30%, AOE Light Imbue, can act immediately on the next turn
激情のフーガ Passionate Fugue
120 MP +140% ATK/MAG while Singing (2 Turns) & AoE 2 Turn -55% DEF/SPR Debuff & AoE ~24 MP Heal w/ 0.24x Mod while Singing split over 2 Turns

1. ATK/MAG Buff +30%, DEF/SPR Break +10%, Duration +1
  2. ATK/MAG Buff +30%, DEF/SPR Break +10%, can act immediately on the next turn
神魂のロンド Spiritual Rondo
120 MP +140% DEF/SPR while Singing (2 Turns) & AoE 2 Turn -55% ATK/MAG Debuff & AoE ~850 HP Heal w/ 6x Mod while Singing split over 2 Turns

1. DEF/SPR +30%, ATK/MAG Break +10%, Duration +1
  2. DEF/SPR +30%, ATK/MAG Break+10%, can act immediately on the next turn
ヒールフレグラント Healing Fragrance
99 MP (Available Turn 12) 12 Turn Cooldown: AoE Recover 100% HP/MP

1. CD -2
  2. CD -2
魔絃の奏者 Magical String Musician +20% HP/MP when equipped with Harp

1. HP/MP +25%
  2. HP/MP +25%

Last edited:

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
HAHAHA

My luck is in the dirt now.

King Mog guaranteed 5* give me Fohlen...

i hope i have enough motivation to at least get UoC

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Been out for 3 years, good time to jump back in? I lost my account too lol
Yeah it might be a good time, you start playing now and enjoy the story while building a stash of lapis for next month where we get the next level of powercreep with Akstar.
There is also currently a lot of free summons going on.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yeah it might be a good time, you start playing now and enjoy the story while building a stash of lapis for next month where we get the next level of powercreep with Akstar.
There is also currently a lot of free summons going on.

Oh cool, will do! I noticed when I was trying to find my old account all those characters aren't even on a tier list anywhere lmao

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so f'n mad right now I was just pulling some tickets I got from the MK and I have no clue how but I must have accidentally tapped on the 10+1 summon. RIP a big chunk of my Akstar stash.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Old topic about physical DPS powercreep (Akstar / Lightning / Bartz) https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/amevp1/lightning_and_akstar_and_bartz_oh_my/

• Why should we care?
  • Other than the fact that he's like Saul Tigh with hair? The damage. Akstar should be the biggest jump in damage that we've seen since the Thunder God himself Orlandeau arrived. Right now 2B FD is the damage queen and can get up to about 2.5 Billion damage a turn average, but it actually starts dropping off after turn 7. Kurasame is the King and can get up to 3 Billion Damage per turn average before coming back down to 2.5 Billion. Jecht should have a similar output to Kurasame. Hyoh, for reference, comes in at about 1.2 Billion. So how about Akstar? He comes in at about 7.8 Billion per turn by turn 5 and maxes out at turn 11 at 8.8 Billion per turn. So tripling the damage of our current best and putting out about 8x what Hyoh does. Maybe we should call this a Quantum Leap instead of a damage Jump. Preliminary numbers that I'm getting for Citan show that even there you can expect close to double the DPT from Akstar.
So yeah I'll be part of the Hyoh -> Akstar train and really feel the difference
He talks about how Lightning 4 months later will be 50% stronger than Akstar and then Bartz another 2 months later will be 2x stronger than Akstar. You'll need to start gearing for true dual wield for the latters though (and have 2 strong weapons)

norn

Oct 26, 2017
akstar isn't coming in april, but i really wish he was so people would stop talking about him

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
General discussion died so much on this thread, there is not a lot to talk about appart from the next big thing, I'm just mad we're behind schedule on Mog King I feel like I've been waiting so long for Golbez haha.
That also mean CG Lightning and the like are also virtually "delayed" too.

Yeah I know it's not a good idea to look at JP schedule for that since we're still waiting on Secret of Mana and people counted on FD 7* Randi to plan their pulls.

Edit : did anyone get Lapis on the FF 3 daily summons, feels lîke a really low chance.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I've been getting Rank Exp and SQ maps at a high rate when farming the MK which is pretty cool. I have so many SQ right now that I think I'm gonna start getting the 10% moogles.

Kouriozan nope, just Minituars for me so far. I feel like the lapis rate is super low.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot I passed 1k days, so what do I get for my loyalty :p

bf1616ce-3c32-4ed2-9ehbjt7.png

At least there will be special tickets based on total login days and rank for the 3rd anniversary. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/9kajt2/jp_3rd_anniversary_commemorative_tickets/

3rd Anniversary Commemorative Tickets​

Use these tickets to pull random goods.

Tickets given based on your Total Login Days.
(From the launch of the game until 9/30/18)
10 Tickets given daily throughout October.
5 Tickets per player Rank at a later date. (as of 10/23)

Available from tickets pulls:​

(1/10) UoC
5★ EX Ticket
4★+ EX Ticket
3★+ EX Ticket
10x Mixer Coins
Container Moogle
[Unit] Wandering Rain
[Unit] Moogle
Pots (All Type)
Supercites (All Type)
Esper Stones
3x EN Pots

0 rainbows from any of the recent possible 10+1s.

Managed to pull the lapis this morning. At last something good came of pulling.
Nice! Hoping I'll at least get one haha.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Once again it's summon fest so limited Rain :/

This pretty much makes it official on JP. Summon Fests replace Story Events. UoC'able units will appear, only to be immediately crushed by Summon Fest only units where players have to go all in to get every month.

CG DFina is a solid step over CG Terra, and the good money has it the CG Rain will do the same to CG Bartz if he is pure physical DPS as many expect.

Can't wait for the inevitable "Player's (or Popular) Choice Summon Fest banners that will appear once enough of these monthly events have been run. :/

I'm just mad we're behind schedule on Mog King I feel like I've been waiting so long for Golbez haha.

Eh.... you know what.... they could literally re-run the Tower of Zot event again with little to no changes to the exploration because Golbez is the dungeon boss.
Ugh.... that's exactly what they would probably do. Minimal effort for a new banner event. They just need to come up with a new split 5* base unit to share his banner.

since we're still waiting on Secret of Mana and people counted on FD 7* Randi to plan their pulls.

That's still a big **if**. And even if SoM does occur, we are creeping closer and closer to Yuffie and the end of the relevance of FD at all, which may be the exact reason why he hasn't been released at 7* yet.

Edit : did anyone get Lapis on the FF 3 daily summons, feels lîke a really low chance.

Only minitaurs here so far. Very low chance, imo.

Y'all putting a lot of faith into them bringing over the 3rd Anni completely intac

There's no reason for Gumi not to bring it over intact.

The big draws for the banner are the UoC tickets, and the container moogles.

But, if you are a player that has been around long enough to rack up a ton of tickets, then the prizes are mostly irrelevant.

-- 5* EX tickets are almost useless now, as the summon pool is over 100 units and growing.
-- Summon Fest is a known thing that will be coming in the future that will render greatly diminish the value of UoC tickets.
-- Container moogles are nice, but by the third anniversary, it's all about the STMRs. Thanks, power creep. That's why STMR Moogles were introduced with the third anniversary.

Great giveaways to newer younger accounts. Not so much to veteran accounts that are 2-3 years old by then.

akstar isn't coming in april, but i really wish he was so people would stop talking about him

And why not? What would actually cause a delay in a story event from releasing on schedule?

In reality, it's almost assuredly going to be another classic Gumi setup on GL. Akstar is going to show up on schedule, only for a GLEX unit to be released immediately after his banner that does everything that he does, but better, once everyone went all in on his banner. As it has been, every single damn time a major JP chase unit arrives on GL for the last 2.5 years.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
In reality, it's almost assuredly going to be another classic Gumi setup on GL. Akstar is going to show up on schedule, only for a GLEX unit to be released immediately after his banner that does everything that he does, but better, once everyone went all in on his banner. As it has been, every single damn time a major JP chase unit arrives on GL for the last 2.5 years.
be that as it may...

incidentally, who's the unit who did that for hyoh? it certainly wasn't aloha lasswell. dracu lasswell outdamaged hyoh but was on a limited triple rainbow banner with no step-up. not exactly the same situation as orlandeau/fryevia.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Omg I had incredible luck on the free 10+1 today.
Kurasame #3 and Citra #3. I'm very happy about that. One step closer to stmrs.

Edit - And LM Fina #3 from the EX tickets. Lol so many triplets now.

Last edited: