• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Got my 2 Cids with tickets which thankfully didn't take long. And got CG Sakura stmr which is nice!

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
Got Cid x2 and 2 of the other banner units off tickets this morning, looks like my lapis is safe for now lol. Still looking for the Bob Ross lookalike, though.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I reached another step in my hoarding.

e05e7c79-e422-4c58-a6mpjqd.png

+ 1 guaranted 10+1
+ 7 10+1
+ 7 5+1
+ 5 5* EX / 13 4* EX / 51 3* EX

(Golbez pls be soon, I'm getting desperate lol)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't get 100 Lapis on first run of story event chapter 8 last boss.
Lame joke, that is not the way to do it when it costs 85 nrg to rerun it.

Info about that fight in spoilers:
As fight starts it randomly kills (Death immunity could work) 2 party members. Obviously killed my unit who had LB ready (Ace).

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Guaranteed 4/5* gave me all 4* :(

Crowe, Snow, William, Glauca, Leopold, Garnet, Bran, Cagnazzo, Cedona, Kihana, Veritas of Earth.

Any of these heroes good? Could use a tank that is better than WoL.

At least a few of their TM's look yummy.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Crowe, Snow, William, Glauca, Leopold, Garnet, Bran, Cagnazzo, Cedona, Kihana, Veritas of Earth.

Cagnazzo is a very situationally useful tank. I used him to beat Aigaion. Crowe has an amazing TMR and Earth Veritas is also decent at tanking in certain specific fights.

Garnet is actually a really good summoner and you can get a ton of mileage off of her.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did some summons this morning because I'm so bored with the game I honestly needed to do something to break the repetition.

Wound up with one copy of Cid, my second copy of Mediena, and my fourth OG Cloud. Cloud's STMR is cool, but seeing as I already have KH Cloud's, it's significantly less exciting.

I will not say no to a 7* Mediena, though. A second Quintessence is good enough, but hopefully she's also a good mage on her own.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Sophia the aoe mage said fucks to rat invasion in 3 turns.

Screenshot_20190315-162521.png
Screenshot_20190315-162552.png
Screenshot_20190315-162621.png

1st turn both Sophia LB, Ace Tri-Beam, WKN magic covers.
2nd turn both Sophia 3x Efreet
3rd turn both Sophia 3x Efreet, Willy (over 700 atk btw) ATK break middle of chain, WKN Double Tornado, Ace LB (25 lvl), LMFina LB -> 78% -> 0%.

All missions done and 90% blue ticket was fake blue and turned to gold and was Rubicante. My 0% 5* luck with these % tickets still holding strong.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Basically WoL is better than Veritas/Cagnazzo as tanks?

Different niches. Cagnazzo is a provoke tank with ridiculous damage mitigation potential whereas WoL is more of an all-rounder who can provoke or cover tank but isn't quite as good at either one as Cag is at provoking.

Veritas is all about earth resistance. His natural immunity to earth damage and his ability to give the entire team a huge earth resist buff makes him invaluable in events where enemies use a lot of earth attacks. He can also provoke and mitigate damage, which is useful.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to pull because I was bored:

23 regular tickets and 5 4* tickets got me: Dark Fina #2 and Dark Knight Luneth #1. Good rainbow odds, but yuck! Decided to do the laps and save the rest of my tickets.

Lap #1:
3rd step- Lotus Mage Fina #3
5th step- Cid #1

Lap #2:
5th step-Cid #2, 3, and 4!!!! Well that escalated quickly...

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Lap 1: 1st Cid, 1st Loren, 2nd Elfreeda
Lap 2: 2nd Cid, 3rd Cid

Woot!!!! You've served me well Reberta, old friend...

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Ah the 10% rainbow ticket turned into a second copy of Cid. I am incredibly happy about that.

I can bring him to a respectable 500% jump damage, finally all my dragoon pulls are paying off. xD

He's so much fun to use.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did a bunch of ticket pulls at work and got my second Cid. I guess I need to pull in the middle of the day more often!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, thought the free pulls started today for some reason so missed the first couple days haha Congrats to those that pulled Cid!

Thanks again, for the info and the link analysis, this is all really good to know. I don't think the game tells you, unless I missed it, that you need that dupe for 7* awakening so I'm really, really glad to know that. I haven't been lucky enough to pull a dupe of any of my 5* yet but I'd be super bummed if I had and had wasted it lol.

For 5*, repeating a few I mentioned earlier but I'm making a spreadsheet, I have:
Aurora Fryevia
Circe
Onion Knight Refia
Livid Shantotto
Nameless Gunner Jake
Emperor
Aloha Lasswell
Katy Perry (lol)

My 4*: Chizuru, Garnet, Hope, Rosa, Luka, Soleil, King, Setzer, Ilais, Rikku, Ashe (I also have the free 5* Ashe), Rasler, Helena, Werei, Meliadoul, Veritas of the Earth, Aria, Aura, Silvia, Chloe, Kaede, Ohga, Verun, Drace, Yang, Killian, Lexa, Ryumynui, Pecciotta, Shinju, Macmedi, Leopold, Deuce, Sazume, Xon, Artisan Lid, Swordsman Lasswell, Cagnazzo, Cheerleader Fina, Rubicante, Doga

When I first started, I couldn't tell the difference between the blue shading on the 3* and 5* bases, so I thought 4* was the highest lol. Then I noticed the star count and started using the 5* units. I honestly haven't even looked at my 4* units since so I'm not sure if there's good stuff in my unit pool. Setzer and Leopold were the two I was using in the beginning. Setzer's trust meter is over 10% because I had two units I fused into him but I can't tell if his TMR is any good.

I've been spending lapis and tickets to get some decent units but I've been doing well with what I have so far so I've switched over to saving stuff now. I have about 10k lapis and I'm working on picking up the tickets from the FFIII dungeon event. Is this Cid guy coming up any good? Would he be worth pulling for or might it be better to save for this Akstar person? I see the thread has some hype for him lol.
I forget if Circe can heal, I want to say no so Garnet is your best bet for healer for now since she can also generate esper orbs which really helps with mission objectives for evoking an esper which gives her an extra use over what Luka brings to the table though Luka doesn't use magic to heal so she's handy if you can't cast magic for a mission objective. You'll be wanting to upgrade to a healer that can cast curaja (and hopefully re-raise) when you get the chance.
Rikku's limit burst will be phenomenal for you, it casts re-raise on the entire party for a few turns. Veritas of the Earth is a solid tank for you to start out with and Lexa has the tornado spell so you can use her to chain tornado if you bring a friend unit along that's a mage with that spell. Tornado is a fantastic chainer builder when you're trying to do the majority of your damage via a powerful finsher unit's attack. Xon learns an ability to increase the amount of rare drops or maybe it was drops in general so he's handy for farming certain things like bringing him on a story event mission (like the Cid one going right now) to get extra cryts or bringing him on a raid for extra gil. You can also use Soleil as your buffer while you wait for a 5* buffer. Otherwise, you have a nice group of tmrs from those units. Sazume has the best armor in the game for Akstar so particularly nice timing there. Chizuru's tmr is a must for Akstar as well. Rikku's is pretty nice, Rasler's is fantastic for tanks, werei a good one for a number of attack units, VoE's is solid and I want to say Chloe's is good for healers but I'm going off the top of my head here.

Yeah, it really annoys me that 5* looks the same as 3*, they need to update the color of the pedestal. Setzer's tmr was really great for certain units but the game received an update in Japan that nerfs it hard and we're expecting that to come here eventually. I wouldn't focus on that one.

Cid is a strong finisher but you should pass on him and save for Akstar who is a meta shifting ATK unit and won't be topped for close to half a year and even then, you keep more than one ATK unit in your party anyway so not like he'll get kicked out of the party at that point. Hopefully you'll get some other nice units while pulling for Akstar, we'll re-assess what you really need after you pull on that banner. Depending on the time, Yuraisha is a great buffer that shouldn't be far off and FFVII's Aerith will be an awesome healer when she arrives to upgrade that spot for you.

Nah you're sleeping on WoL, he's the best non-5* base tank though as was pointed out, some of the others can be more useful for niche situations. WoL though can aoe protect against physical attacks which is important and is a solid breaker for off turns until you get one of the top tier breakers in the game. He can also achieve 100% physical evasion with the right equipment which is a strat for a number of trials. Make sure to enhance his abilities, that's important for him achieving his potential. While some units have disappointing enhancement upgrades, WoL is a unit that gets a lot better with them. He was my tank from his inception into the game pretty early on in Year 1 all the way until a just a few months ago when Siegfried hit with this being year 3... Hopefully that drives the point home that you can complete most of the content in this game with WoL. The battle that WoL just couldn't cut it for me was the Odin 3* fight as it's a good fight to use evasion on your tank but Odin has an aoe magic attack that WoL couldn't handle. Normally he'll work fine as you can get his HP in the double digits with the right TMRs.

Crowe's TMR is great for healers and tanks.Snow's is solid for a tank too, Glauca's a nice weapon for VoD, and VoE's TMR is nice too for ATK units that use that type of equipment. I should note that while Glauca's greatsword suits VoD, at the end of the day, you end up equipping whatever element matches your other chaining unit because conflicting elements in your chain make you lose out on the element chain bonus.Not to mention, if one of them has a skill that imperils the enemy to an element, you're going to want to take advantage of that by using what they are now weak against.
My Cid setup :Spineshattering indeed. xD

Nice, fam! Now figure out which pain in the ass trials he can one-shot so we can capitalize ;)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Woops I thought the last bonus battle was kill with esper but it's with magic.
It's only a king burst pot so no big loss, there's not hard unlike the few previous ones, too.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, fam! Now figure out which pain in the ass trials he can one-shot so we can capitalize ;)

Well he can one shot pretty much every trial except Alexander because he puts up phys dmg reduction on his 1st turn, and ofc the ones which resist phys like Bloody Moon.

Just tried him out w/ Barbie's imperil against Calcabrina and Odin and he deleted them from the universe. No chaining needed.

Edit - Great Malboro from Venomous Vines can't be OTKOd either since it has 2000 DEF. Got it to 81% with fire imbue capping a tornado chain.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Well he can one shot pretty much every trial except Alexander because he puts up phys dmg reduction on his 1st turn, and ofc the ones which resist phys like Bloody Moon.

Just tried him out w/ Barbie's imperil against Calcabrina and Odin and he deleted them from the universe. No chaining needed.

Basically what you are saying. We are in new era of carry units. "I can setup it for you, so just use this in this trial and this in this trial".

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Basically what you are saying. We are in new era of carry units. "I can setup it for you, so just use this in this trial and this in this trial".

Haha pretty much yeah. I saw videos on YouTube of people oneshotting Gilgamesh Kai with him in JP.

Well once we get the newer trials like God Kefka and such he's not going to be as overpowered anymore but with what we have now, he's pretty much the best.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So.... apparently an interesting tidbit from Reddit.

Gumi screwed with the rates on the ad "event" wheel. Unlike the normal wheel, where the wedges are generally proportionate to their draw rates.

Current crowdsourced draw rates:

5 lapis: 65%
10 lapis: 10%
15 lapis: 15%
30 lapis: 7%
100 lapis: 2%
200 lapis 1%

FFBE Global, where event rates can actually be worse than non-event rates.... /facepalm

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got 155 lapis on the wheel today, but yeah mostly 5's previously. Whatever, just like before the event it's just a thing I tap on while I'm on my PC so it's not biggie and I was gonna do it anyways

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on the story, I forgot I didn't do it last time maybe because of the LNY grind event? I don't remember haha.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting slightly better lapis than I usually expect from the wheel. Not much better though. Nothing higher than 50 so far

Still better than a single pot (especially when I have 400+)

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Any tips on Doga's Grotto on hard?I get wiped on the second turn.

Also the bonus mission on Taking to the Skies. The last event, Ignacio? I got destroyed on the bonus mission.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on Doga's Grotto on hard?I get wiped on the second turn.

Also the bonus mission on Taking to the Skies. The last event, Ignacio? I got destroyed on the bonus mission.

The bonus mission is pretty much a trial designed for people with a decent team.

As for Dogo's Grotto I put on demon killers for my Hyoh and he can solo both for you. Just use double blade>servant of the blade twice.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
The bonus mission is pretty much a trial designed for people with a decent team.

As for Dogo's Grotto I put on demon killers for my Hyoh and he can solo both for you. Just use double blade>servant of the blade twice.
Thanks Xevren!, you're the best. Sorry, I messed up bad. Was trying to build up the LB gauge prior to the boss fights and got eliminated by the first random enemy.

Not sure how long it will take before your hero will appear in friends list again.

Next time I'll use your double slash skill to kill them before they can hurt me.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks Xevren!, you're the best. Sorry, I messed up bad. Was trying to build up the LB gauge prior to the boss fights and got eliminated by the first random enemy.

Not sure how long it will take before your hero will appear in friends list again.

Next time I'll use your double slash skill to kill them before they can hurt me.

You can use my Cid as well. Downforce on each boss.

If you have smoke bombs or someone who can use escape, you can attack with everyone except that unit and then flee the battles before you get to the boss to build up LBs without risking dying.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Ironically I got 2x200 today. (425 in total). But I prefer nrg pots instead of this only Lapis thing.

Lucky. I still haven't landed on anything over 15 lapis yet. But yeah, I miss the energy pots already as well.

I'm so "loving" this new mechanic, where the story mode event equipment now needs to be crafted. Which requires 4x runs of Stages 5, 6, 7, and 8 to craft. /eyeroll

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Defeated them with your Cid, thanks.

Not sure why I wanted to clear the grotto, the rewards weren't really worth it?

Grats on the clear.

Elemental resist gear and materia are very useful. The accessory you get for completing is actually pretty good.

There are a lot of fights where you need elemental resistance to survive.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Lucky. I still haven't landed on anything over 15 lapis yet. But yeah, I miss the energy pots already as well.

I'm so "loving" this new mechanic, where the story mode event equipment now needs to be crafted. Which requires 4x runs of Stages 5, 6, 7, and 8 to craft. /eyeroll

You don't need to farm it. Week 2 when the caves open, those will drop materials too. A single run of week 1 and 2 will give all the materials needed to craft it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

I was going to ask, if I need those eqs.

You don't need to farm it. Week 2 when the caves open, those will drop materials too. A single run of week 1 and 2 will give all the materials needed to craft it.

Then I read this. I still need to do chapter 8 second time, stupid end boss killed my lb unit and thus there is my 100 Lapis waiting me.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
All those free summons, all those blues, still no 200 lapis from FF3 daily and 25 lapis from the reward wheel.
You literally can't have worse result than me today.

Last edited:

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Free 10+1 gave me Lulu, is she any good??

She seems like a much better black mage over Ex-death?

Last edited: