• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
They buffed Basch's enhancements? What did I miss?

Chastising Spirit 80% DEF/SPR party buff --> 120% (no enhance needed)

On demand ATK/MAG breaks buffed 60 --> 65% at +2

For Phys/Mag guard, 100 --> 130% relevant stat buff (DEF/SPR) + break immunity to that stat

+40% DEF/SPR when equipped with robes

7* CD 100 --> 150% full stat self buff

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
OIC, so these weapon upgrades are similar to the stat upgrades on our characters?

2 Examples, Ulric's Kukri has insane rolls:

Screenshot_20181012-092116.png
Screenshot_20181012-092046.png

Those green texts after yellow text are boosts Ive gotten to those 2 weapons. Just few examples what you can get, usually you get trarshy rolls. Today I made Stoss Spear (1 run) and it got total of 18% ATK. Will rerun it for trying to get better roll. If I get bad rolls in rerun, I keep the original (18% atk, from todays run) value it has.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
2 Examples, Ulric's Kukri has insane rolls:

Those green texts after yellow text are boosts Ive gotten to those 2 weapons. Just few examples what you can get, usually you get trarshy rolls. Today I made Stoss Spear (1 run) and it got total of 18% ATK. Will rerun it for trying to get better roll. If I get bad rolls in rerun, I keep the original (18% atk, from todays run) value it has.
Nice! Thanks for the pictures. How difficult is this challenge? I guess I'll find out after work.

Seems like the only difficult fight is the last one.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Greg is done! Wohoo!

This was my party :

And a friend Cid with Sky Feather.
My Cid had Vajrayana on.

Loren was my sealer with Necro Dagger and Lion Saber on.

I brought him down as close to 80% as possible while doing the missions and then burst him down with the Cids capping a pod chain from Loren and Zarg.

Those GLEX bluffs are sweet. Mighty expensive though. Very surprised at how much love he received.

Yeah unsurprisingly I only had enough for +1s. Gonna have to farm the bonus stages for the rest of the mats.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
OIC, so these weapon upgrades are similar to the stat upgrades on our characters?
You typically want to run all your best weapons thru the Item World multiple times until you get a good or great set of abilities on it. For example your best damage dealers weapons should get the rare ability (which is usually something like +15% ATK/HP on a single slot) and a couple other +ATK abilities on it, then when you "finish" that weapon, move on to another one. There's a lot of assorted equipment that is useful to get rare abilities on for utility purposes (like daggers can get a rare ability that gives them High Tide which makes the user's LB charge faster). I would just run all your main team's gear thru it first to get some nice bonuses on it.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Did new gilgamesh as well (does this image work? Didnt know if posting straight from there works or not)

Cid feels like cheating.
Congrats!, how feasible is this fight for people who aren't as well equipped?

You typically want to run all your best weapons thru the Item World multiple times until you get a good or great set of abilities on it. For example your best damage dealers weapons should get the rare ability (which is usually something like +15% ATK/HP on a single slot) and a couple other +ATK abilities on it, then when you "finish" that weapon, move on to another one. There's a lot of assorted equipment that is useful to get rare abilities on for utility purposes (like daggers can get a rare ability that gives them High Tide which makes the user's LB charge faster). I would just run all your main team's gear thru it first to get some nice bonuses on it.
Just finished the map for the first time and it wasn't too difficult. Didn't obtain any good stat bonuses, but planned on running all my heroes EQ first before a second + run.

Have regen lev 3 on my weapon. Is it a casting skill? Didn't notice my hero regenerating HP during fights. Thought it was passive.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats!, how feasible is this fight for people who aren't as well equipped?

Just finished the map for the first time and it wasn't too difficult. Didn't obtain any good stat bonuses, but planned on running all my heroes EQ first before a second + run.

Have regen lev 3 on my weapon. Is it a casting skill? Didn't notice my hero regenerating HP during fights. Thought it was passive.

2nd gilgamesh fight really requires good gear/setup. As for the regen it will tick after your turn is up, it's not a particularly great passive though.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Found the issue that is hindering my eager to try Greg v.2 clear.

Iam missing buffer (singer don't count). Failed to get Nichol in those 2 banners year ago (instead got many off banner rainbows) and only have one Zarg. Yup Yuraisha is here in few hours time. But I have ~1400 Lapis, Cid ate it all (I have 3 Cid). So I just hope I somehow pull some buffer (as in 2x) by the time.

Got all the other elements needed to do it 81% -> 0% clear, but that buffer is MIA.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Found the issue that is hindering my eager to try Greg v.2 clear.

Iam missing buffer (singer don't count). Failed to get Nichol in those 2 banners year ago (instead got many off banner rainbows) and only have one Zarg. Yup Yuraisha is here in few hours time. But I have ~1400 Lapis, Cid ate it all (I have 3 Cid). So I just hope I somehow pull some buffer (as in 2x) by the time.

Got all the other elements needed to do it 81% -> 0% clear, but that buffer is MIA.

Want me to put up a Zarg for you?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Want me to put up a Zarg for you?

Well Iam not sure my 2k Cid is good enough to kill it from 81%. I may just wait later day :). The rewards from that fight can wait the day I have all the necessary units. Not needing that katana either, got Lassbro Zanze and Sephs katana. Today freebie single pull gave me 2nd rainbow from that banner, Sephiroth #3, Iam ok with it.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Well Iam not sure my 2k Cid is good enough to kill it from 81%. I may just wait later day :). The rewards from that fight can wait the day I have all the necessary units. Not needing that katana either, got Lassbro Zanze and Sephs katana. Today freebie single pull gave me 2nd rainbow from that banner, Sephiroth #3, Iam ok with it.

Gotcha. One Cid may be enough if you use 3 items, Gilgamesh is gonna be stunned/broken for a turn and he won't do anything, so you can jump, stun him, and then finish him off capping a chain with Cid's LB. I saw someone make a strat like that on reddit.

Edit - here's the link to that comment:

https://dm.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/b3p3qt/guidemegathread_scorn_of_gilgamesh/ej11y39/

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Did 1 lap on Karl step up and got 1st eiko and 1 karl
Used tickets and got my 8th Trance Terra (she just won't leave me alone!), 1st Squall and 4th Balthier.

Thinking with Balthier going for Regina would be smart. Little bummed didn't get 2 karl's after all because she looks cool and I like what she has to offer.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I threw about 15 tickets at the banner and got 1 Yuraisha. Was hoping for a Karlette, but I wasn't actually really expecting anything much so.
That's that.

Grats on your pulls Xevren !

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So bitter right now.

48k lapis + 100 tickets = no 7* Yuriasha or Karlette. So many damn off banner rainbows everywhere :/

Going to have to pass on Xenogears now. Meh.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
So bitter right now.

48k lapis + 100 tickets = no 7* Yuriasha or Karlette. So many damn off banner rainbows everywhere :/

Going to have to pass on Xenogears now. Meh.
Did you use the step up banner?

Was thinking about using a few tickets for Karlette myself. Is Karlette/Yuriasha really really worth pulling for?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Was thinking about using a few tickets for Karlette myself. Is Karlette/Yuriasha really really worth pulling for?

If you don't have any 7* buffer like Maritime Strategist Nichol, Seaside Nichol or Zargabaath, Yuraisha is exceptionally good.
Karlette is a decent hybrid chainer / red mage with quite a broad utility kit and very good TM/STMRs.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
If you don't have any 7* buffer like Maritime Strategist Nichol, Seaside Nichol or Zargabaath, Yuraisha is exceptionally good.
Karlette is a decent hybrid chainer / red mage with quite a broad utility kit and very good TM/STMRs.
Don't have any of them, thanks. Looks like I should try my luck a little.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, just started with the game since my new commute sucks. My impressions so far are pretty good, especially the part where

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius needs to download an additional 15mb of data.....

Just kidding. What should I be focusing on first? Just going through the story until a certain point, saving my tickets?

Is that killer 5* Ashe that melts everything always a guaranteed drop?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

Sadly, yes. All 4 times. Bad luck happens. It just sucks that much harder when you save up for multiple months only to strike out on that banner because of exceptional bad luck. TWICE.

That said, it wasn't a total loss. Although I didn't get what I wanted, I got some useful units out of it.

Pickups were:

Yuriasha (1st)
Karlette (1st)
Jecht (1st)
Barbie (1st)
M.Ramza (2nd)
Veritas of Light (2nd)
Noctis (2nd) !!!
Lightning (3rd)
Lila (3rd)
Ramza (3rd)

Hoping for a miracle draw on the double daily this week to avoid a decision on who to UoC.

/sigh

Yup, total ignoring of everything until Akstar now.

Xenogears then trash then Akstar? j/k

Try:

Xenogears Part 1 (Elly), then Akstar, then Xenogears Part 2 (Citan)

Welcome to near back-to-back-to-back chase unit banners.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Xenogears was my main target but i'm definitely skipping it because I have zero Lapis and tickets.

Which brings me to:

I said to myself that I was gonna quit the game so I blew everything on Cid (not much, really, 20k something lapis and some 15-ish tickets, including a few 4 stars), because I knew I wasn't getting him and I didn't even have much gear for him. I did the first step-up, which was trash all around and the guaranteed rainbow was a third Trance Terra. Nothing new, usual luck of the past few months - only exception was a 7 star Folka back in the day.

Then I realized this game "knows". It knows what you're about to do. So the second step up gave me Cid on the 1st rate up, and the final step gave me 2 more, along with a Luneth (OG). It was the first time I ever saw a multi-rainbow pull in my game. Of course.

Then I spent whatever I had left trying to get a 4th Cid, and the last few pulls plus the 10+1 gave me no Cid but a second Barb and freaking Sieghard.

This game knows, man. So that gave me a little bit of life back, so i'll see how long i'll keep going.

Now, I have a couple questions:

The main thing missing from my team is a 7 star tank and a 7 star buffer. I've been using Lid and Folka for their roles, and mostly Hyoh for attacking. I have a single copy of A. Rain, Basch and now Sieg. Do you guys recommend using a UOC (considering I will only be able to get 2 characters anytime soon, since i'm at 19) on one of them - presumably Sieg?

Or would going for Akstar still be better?

For buffer I have 6 star MS Nichol, who I have been using, and I have a single Zarg somewhere too.

Other notable single 6 stars I have waiting on the wings are:

Loren (been using 7 star Lid)
Auron (ditto) - the only one with his TMR
Kurasame
Veritas of the Flame
PG Lass
Raegen

I'm assuming these are a lesser priority.

TLDR: should I UOC a 7* tank? Or should I save the (eventual) two UoCs for Akstar? Should I use the two UoCs on a tank+another unit? Should I wait and UoC a 4th Cid for his STMR?

Thanks.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Yuriasha (1st)
Karlette (1st)
Jecht (1st)
Barbie (1st)
M.Ramza (2nd)
Veritas of Light (2nd)
Noctis (2nd) !!!
Lightning (3rd)
Lila (3rd)
Ramza (3rd)

Welcome to near back-to-back-to-back chase unit banners.
10 rainbows is very impressive. When I quit roughly two? years ago was because I spent about 20k lapis and 50 tickets to get 0 rainbows on Noctis banner.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Purecryst do exist, this is second time Ive gotten one from SE Cryst maps. Last time was when these maps were introduced :P

Screenshot_20190323-090247.png

Hello, just started with the game since my new commute sucks. My impressions so far are pretty good, especially the part where

Just kidding. What should I be focusing on first? Just going through the story until a certain point, saving my tickets?

Hi and welcome to the land of Brave Exvius.
Every new account gets 5* Ashe. She is Base 4* rarity (think it as SR unit). Later on she is good in arena (when you have 2 Ashe to use there). But not so much in game. Ultimate goal is to get enough 5* units so that your party is full of 7* units. You need 2 Base 5* units (as in unit from rainbow crystal, think it as SSR unit) to make one 7* unit. Before fusing any of the base 5* units you get, consult us here or in Discord, so that you do it right and don't make "wrong" (as in bad 7* units). It is reltively expensive to make one 7*.

Also every account gets one Lightning (5* unit) via questing. Doing story is the way to go in start and also saving Lapis (premium) currency for banners.
At the moment there are step up banners that one lap costs 12000 Lapis. I suggest you collect 12k and do full lap of stepup. Chances are that you get multiple rainbows during one Lap.
After that collect another 12k and prolly do another lap of same step up banner, if that banner is there.

Some info can be found here, some data might be old https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Getting_Started

Free feel to ask questions either here or in Discord.

Iam sure other members here can add more info.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Welcome to the thread and the game!
Rixa pretty much covered all the essential info to get you started.

Just wanted to add that for the beginning doing the story and learning the mechanics is a good idea to go, so you can familiarise yourself with the how game works.

Now regarding the unit types, the game has:

Tanks

Used to soak up the AoE and/or ST (single target) damage that would otherwise be taken by your squishier units. There are 3 types of tanks, but their roles can overlap.

- Physical Cover tank (AoE)
- Magic Cover tank (AoE)
- Provoke tank (ST)

You can't have both Physical and Magical cover up at the same time, you have to pick one and mitigate the other somehow, with a combination of high HP/DEF/SPR, breaking the enemy, elemental resistance, or general, physical or magic mitigation.

Healers

As the name implies, they heal up your other units, put up re-raise (if any units die they come back to life. This can be either ST or AoE) and other support stuff like MP/HP regen, elemental protection, mitigation, depending on the unit.

Breakers

They are mainly used to break an enemy's ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR. They help with party survival A LOT as well as your team dealing more damage to the enemies that you're fighting. There are ST breaks or AoE breaks, and generally, higher is better. For instance a 74% offensive break reduces the damage taken by your team by about 93%. This is essential in harder content.

Buffers/Support

They buff your party's ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR, elemental resistance, put up mitigation, remove breaks and give you break resistance etc, depending on the unit.
Again, there are ST or AoE buffs, and this also helps with taking less damage/dealing more damage.

Attackers (physical, magical, hybrid)

- Chainers

Chaining is an essential part of the game and it involves clicking on two or more units that have chain-able attacks at almost the same time, ensuring that they build up a chain to deal a lot of damage. This is the main way of tackling fights for most people playing the game.

- Finishers

They are used to cap off chains, providing immense burst damage. This means that your finisher should hit as close to the end of the chain so they can get the max bonus. Less used because you can only have max 6 units on your team counting the friend unit, but it can be done with proper setup (some units that cover other roles can also chain up for your finisher to cap it).

There's a role raking on the WIki where you can check which units are the best at specific roles:

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/g00/Revitalised_Role_Rankings_by_Suede

And you can also find the formulas for how all of this works on the Wiki if you're interested in that.

When taking on a boss, your party will generally have a tank, a buffer, a breaker, a healer, and two damage dealing units. This of course depends on the fight itself.

My recommendation for pulling would be to check up on the Wiki or ask in here which units are worth it, so you can build up your party to start also clearing harder content. For instance, one of the step up banners right now is for Yuraisha, which features increased drop rates for her. She's an excellent support/buffer so she's very worth it for people missing a good buffer for their team.

Many of the Vortex trials have very good rewards that can help with gearing up your units.

Of course, if you're playing for nostalgia and care a lot about the FF characters, you can also save up your lapis for them.

There are also limited and non-limited units. For example, if you go check the role rankings page, you'll see Sora up there in the featured units. He was part of a collaboration with Kingdom Hearts and isn't in the pool anymore right now.
Non-limited units can be acquired at any time.

Now, last but not least, don't hesitate to ask for help in the thread and also always checking the Wiki.
A lot of the older trials can be one-shot by powerful units so if you just want the rewards now and plan on tackling the boss the "regular" way later on you can also do that. Again the Wiki has all the info on the trials, including the boss mechanics, advices and tips, and clear guides.

Feel free to add me as a friend:

IGN Crimilde
ID 475,233,839

And I hope you enjoy the game!

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Purecryst do exist, this is second time Ive gotten one from SE Cryst maps. Last time was when these maps were introduced :P

Screenshot_20190323-090247.png

The luck! I have never seen a purecryst drop from these damn stages. I am missing one Guard one to fully enhance Basch, but the rate up is so low that I just gave up. Now you're making me wanna try again. :P

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I played BE for about a month after it launched, and then for a few days for the first Ariana Grande event. I feel like I'm way behind. I'm not even sure how far I got in the story. I think I'm just a little ways into the second main area?

I dunno... Is there a good banner going on right now that will shower me with some freebies if I jump back in, or should I wait?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I played BE for about a month after it launched, and then for a few days for the first Ariana Brande event. I feel like I'm way behind. I'm not even sure how far I got in the story. I think I'm just a little ways into the second main area?

I dunno... Is there a good banner going on right now that will shower me with some freebies if I jump back in, or should I wait?
There is some free pulls, one 10+1 right now and another one in 2 days with some free dailies for Dissidia NT free version.
Current featured banners aren't that great to catch up though.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Didn't know there was a method to fusing for 7*. How to make a good one vs bad?

Luckily there aren't any 7* in my party yet

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
The luck! I have never seen a purecryst drop from these damn stages. I am missing one Guard one to fully enhance Basch, but the rate up is so low that I just gave up. Now you're making me wanna try again. :P

Don't do it. Just think that they are not there.

Seconded. I might have seen one purecryst drop ever since they were added. Drop rate on them have to be in the 1-2% range at best on the final boss of a sequence of stages.

Didn't know there was a method to fusing for 7*. How to make a good one vs bad?

For whatever silly reason the developers decided, the method to awaken a unit to 7* is different from the method from 2* --> 6*.

To awaken a unit to 7*, the unit MUST be a base rainbow (golds and blues can never reach 7*), and you must have two copies of the exact same rainbow unit. In the Awaken Units screen, there is a button in the upper right corner labelled "Conversion". From that screen, you would pick the duplicate of the unit you want to awaken to turn into a Prism. Then, the 6* unit is awakened as normal, using the Prism as a material to awaken to 7*.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know approximately how much more time is left until we get the feature to save party loadouts in GL? This is one of my most anticipated changes to the game.

Don't do it. Just think that they are not there.

Seconded. I might have seen one purecryst drop ever since they were added. Drop rate on them have to be in the 1-2% range at best on the final boss of a sequence of stages.

Yeah I gave up on the idea. I can just wait until the next MK event or story event.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, I just pulled OK Refia off banner on a 3-star ticket... I must have pulled 2 dozen tickets on her banner when it was here looking for MK farmers and didn't hit a rainbow

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I got Karlette yesterday on the daily half lapis pull, and my second AFry on a blue EX ticket so my luck has probably run out for the foreseeable future.

All the pulls today were obvs crap. One gold and the rest all blues.

Oct 31, 2017
Ok so some questions:

1. What the hell is TMR?
2. When people refer to a 5 star unit vs. a 7 star unit, are they referring to how many stars they start out with, or how many stars they currently have? Because my party consists of units that are currently 6 or 7 stars, though they all started within 3-5 stars.
3. Are there any more story-related CG cutscenes outside of the opening and the ending of Season 1?
4. For the CG units: for the CG characters relating to the story, such as Rain and Lasswell, are they eventually given to the player, or does that have to be obtained via gacha? I want CG Limit Bursts for the main story characters :(

thanks!