• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 31, 2018
Better late than never, right.

a6754692-53de-466b-b3roj0u.png

I missed the summon esper mission on Omega first time and I wanted that emblem, next trial is Scorn of Antenolla since they locked the new ones behind it, never did this one as the reward wasn't interesting for me.

Edit : well, it was too easy.

19c72785-0b48-4dae-a71wk2z.png

You read those overcomplicated guide with the AI and what it does on what turn, everyone need 50% water resist and whatever, I was like damn it I'll go with my main team without switching gears, first turn it was non physical immune you throw the CD, second turn LB and done!

I'm still kind of a noob in this game but was curious how you were able to kill it 2nd turn if the physical immune lasts 4 turns. Also what did you do to get your LB filled on 2nd turn?

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth doing the guaranteed rainbow summon once or twice? I'm saving for Xenogears part 2 but I almost have 35k Lapis right now.

Probably not*.

*If you're short on more than one role for trials and have a LOT of 'unmatched' 5* bases I could see an argument for it. But your odds are very high of getting a new-to-you 5* base with a TM that's not useful for you. Save for a step-up of something more useful.

If you want to pursue the "odds" exercise, look up the list of 5* bases, put a check next to ones you would be happy getting, and then divide the checks by the total number. Odds might be slightly better than that (you might get other rainbows)... but dropping 5k lapis for a high chance of nothing useful doesn't seem like a great bet.

May 31, 2018
I said first turn it stopped being immune to physical damage and that would be turn 5, you can see in the killshot it's turn 6.

Sorry about that, missed that detail. I'm trying this trial now and I can't even seem to get to turn 5 without it wiping out my team. I'm using AOE cover with Sieghard but it still is killing my MS Nichol and Ayaka somehow.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
What's the odds that at least Esther gets her numbers tweaked before release?

Her general level of power is a leap over Akstar and holds out until CG Bartz going by the numbers posted on Reddit. The only time they'd be able to nerf her without serious blowback is before the banner is actually out.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
If Gumi is smart they'd definitely nerf her before release.

I hope they don't though so I don't have to pull for another physical dps for the next 10 months lol.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they don't. The game is too predictable already what with the JP crystal ball.
This is the first time in a long while that I've been super excited about a banner.

These units look like super fun to play around with, and games should be fun.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What's the odds that at least Esther gets her numbers tweaked before release?

Her general level of power is a leap over Akstar and holds out until CG Bartz going by the numbers posted on Reddit. The only time they'd be able to nerf her without serious blowback is before the banner is actually out.

Too late for that, really. Unless it's a bug, they can't nerf characters. Esther is already in the game, people can pull her right now on the general Rare Summon banner and with EX Tickets. Their chance to nerf her was during maintenance last night and they didn't.

"Oh no we made this character too powerful" is not something a gacha game company can get away with taking back.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Yea if they're going to do it they need to do it before the banner goes live, wouldn't blame them if they did. Both units are crazy as hell.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
Too late for that, really. Unless it's a bug, they can't nerf characters. Esther is already in the game, people can pull her right now on the general Rare Summon banner and with EX Tickets. Their chance to nerf her was during maintenance last night and they didn't.

"Oh no we made this character too powerful" is not something a gacha game company can get away with taking back.
Uh what? No they can't. Who has pulled it?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Uh what? No they can't. Who has pulled it?

Gumi has a pretty hardline stance against reducing characters' power levels outside of fixing bugs. If the character was DESIGNED to be powerful, they're not going to turn around and go "OOPS TOO POWERFUL MAKE HER WEAKER".

If Esther's strength was the result of a bug, they'd fix it. But changing modifiers or frame data to make her weaker AFTER adding her in maintenance? No.

As for who has pulled her? Someone. I got Grim Lord Sakura off of an EX ticket the Thursday of the week her banner came out. As soon as maintenance is over, the new characters are in the general pool, they're just ONLY accessible via EX tickets, guaranteed 5* pulls and the Rare Summon banner specifically. Her BANNER won't be up until 3AM tonight, but she's already in the game.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they don't. The game is too predictable already what with the JP crystal ball.
This is the first time in a long while that I've been super excited about a banner.

These units look like super fun to play around with, and games should be fun.

Agreed. People always say the Global version feels stale because we are just waiting for the next JP meta unit. Now they release two unexpected amazing unit and it's finally our turn to be excited.

Some people are worried about the game balance, but most of those people are veterans or hardcore players that have already beaten all the trials and they beat every trials soon after their release.
Besides, it's a single player game, making an overpowered team to destroy the game has always being a thing in JRPGs. Having more overpowered characters makes it easier to fit my favorite non-meta unit into my team too.

FFT is one of the greatest game ever and you can break the game after the first battle and the game breaks itself when TG Cid joins your party. Still fun after the tenth replay.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Everybody going ham on Easter banner? I've got my moderate Akstar hoard intact still but Gumi seems to want everybody to pull this instead? What do you guys see being the more popular unit after the meta settles? Will Akstar still be the king or is the bunny lady so good that everybody will blow their Akstar lapis on her? Her kit does seem fun and kind of ridiculously OP, but I'm only going hard on one of the units. Is Akstar on a split banner? Maybe he will be easier to pull that Esther.

edit: wait I'm reading reddit now and apparently she is actually much stronger than Akstar... Was delaying Akstar a Good Guy Gumi situation where they didn't want to deal with the outcry if they made us all drop our hoards on Akstar this week, only only to reveal Esther after? Guess I'm going hard on this banner then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I need to catch up on those Easter units, I've read the skill set but lack the knowledge to see how strong someone can be, I'll see analysis later.
Sorry about that, missed that detail. I'm trying this trial now and I can't even seem to get to turn 5 without it wiping out my team. I'm using AOE cover with Sieghard but it still is killing my MS Nichol and Ayaka somehow.
I have a strong breaker (69% and 74% all with Loren) / Folka with the statut ailment resist skills and Nichol who can use 40% damage mitigation first turn, that's why it's my main team because it's really strong for most fights.
I've been playing for almost 3 years now so even if I don't pull a lot, I still have a variety of 7* units (no good mages though but that'll change soon), and we're going to powercreep this really hard soon, so good luck in your future attempt.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
There is no good guy Gumi. They're a business and do not have the players best interests at heart.

I suspect that either there will be some kind of crazy global enhancements to Akstar or they will not release Esther with her current stats.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently she's about 3x stronger than Akstar on average, so stronger than CG Lightning and same power as CG Bartz.
Time to cancel TDW meta.

Edit : might even be stronger than Bartz https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ers_implications_preliminary_damage_analysis/
That's uh, interesting to say the least. We'll see soon enough her power.

I'll go one better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._is_a_different_game_is_now_no_longer_a_meme/

Both JP Players and the GL Wiki power rating team now believe this may be the point where GL truly decouples itself from JP as a once-in-for-all measure of eliminating GL's clairvoyance into the game.

After all, what the hell happens as a follow-up to this? The DPS meta is literally being leaped 6+ months in a single banner. Esther is borderline Season 3 Rain strong. And, she's not even a limited unit? Every unit thereafter would have to be even stronger than her to even marginally be worth pulling.

The banner literally screams must-pull.... but what if what we are seeing is only the very beginning of the next seismic power leap and there is much more to come after this banner and what we are seeing is only the baseline of the power leap?

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I have no idea what to think... either Gummi screwed up on a massive scale or what Lyrian stated, that we could be basically going through a time warp nearly a year ahead to match Japan's level of meta out of nowhere in which case some kind of major shakeup will occur to bring out even stronger units going forward. What's more believable? That Gummi is saying here you go, a UoC'able unit so powerful that you literally won't have to pull for a physical damage dealer for a year? Or that they will massively buff units we haven't received yet while also creating more OP GLEX units the rest of the way? The latter seems like too much work just to throw us off of our clairvoyance a bit more while the former means they won't make shit for a majority of the banners coming out for the next 9 months considering how many of them focus on physical DD units. People will be able to hoard for other roles instead which are more few and far between comparatively. I guess the strongest tell will be when Akstar hits next month. Crazy global buffs (can't believe I'm saying this for him)? or a one time here's an insane banner out of nowhere! They could sprinkle these types of banners here or there I suppose but the fact that they are UoC'able means we could save these tickets for such occurrences. A brave new world, folks! Take your bets!

In any case, I'm curious if the units hit as strong as advertised. I'll laugh if they get an epic nerf before the daily reset since not many people will have pulled them off banner today. Apparently Sylvia is a monster too, curious to see how much better she is than CG Nichol and Yuraisha if so.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing is that with a unit that strong this early, there is absolutely no reason to have limited units "summon fest" for Global
(And pls buff Golbez, thank you Gumi)

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Sweet Jesus! Sylvie can grant AT chain to anyone in the party and imbue them! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? IT MEANS I CAN FINALLY MAKE SQUALL CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ok, pulling on this banner a done deal then. Bunny girl can chain with Squall :D He never left my party anyway but now it will be more practical. Chaining Squall hype!!!!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sylvie's kit is indeed as broken, it's almost the ultimate support unit!
She reminds me of Summer Fina + Lid but with even more utility.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
I think the power level of Xenogears Part 2 and whatever the two banners are after that is going to be pretty important in signaling where Gumi is going. Basically, the two banners after Esther and the one that happens after she becomes UoCable.

And I'll actually be pretty surprised if they buff Citan, despite Esther absolutely *stomping* him and everyone else for the next 9 months.

I think it's really great that Gumi is throwing in curve balls though. This whole "leveling out the power creep curve" shit was stale and boring as fuck. The game needs big, exciting units and upgrades and things to rile the communities up. It also needs lulls and dips and less-desirable banners for people to recoup resources and niche banners that fill in support role gaps that someone doesn't have yet or missed before, but are skippable if you have certain things covered.

The game was feeling pretty flat and predictable and I had a pretty safe and easy course plotted out for power upgrades, support upgrades, and my favorite series units. It was extremely easy to chart where to spend my free lapis, not buy any bundles or spend a dime outside of Fountain of Lapis, and target specific units with UoCs if I had bad luck on their Step Ups. Now it's in Who The fuck Knows territory and I think that's better for the game.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
WARNING
WARNING
WARNING

Gumi nerfed easter units. Don't pull before general consensus is out if units are good and how big nerf it was.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
And now we're back to GL being safe, boring, and predictable. Lame. I was looking forward to meta shake ups. Thanks assholes who want some boring ass flat balance line.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
WOW, that's massively fucked up by Gumi to nerf right before the banner went live. All the FFBE content creators already have their videos out there saying this is a must pull banner so anybody that watched them and pulled before checking reddit could be in for a massive shock. Gonna wait til more math comes out. Someone on Reddit said Esther lost almost half her pre-nerf power? Sounds severe.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Did the one lap of this that I can afford and the only on banner rainbow I got was the guaranteed at the end which was Esther. So I guess I'll UoC one when I can (next week or two?) and skip Akstar. Got a couple off banner rainbows too. The guaranteed one was Barbariccia #2, then I also got a Malphaise #1 and a Jaraiya #whatever. I feel like I lucked out real hard the last couple banners I pulled on (Hyoh and Seighard) so figured a bad banner was overdue, but I'll survive.

What blows my mind is thinking about the dollar cost of the 24k lapis I just flushed. Without considering bundles and free lapis that was almost $150 worth of lapis on ONE of the four available laps. Anybody out there who is actually whaling for units please be careful. I'll never stop wishing that more governments would step in and outlaw these gacha games for being predatory and scummy as hell.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
First thing I did when waking up is to see if the Easter units got nerfed, haha.
Too bad we're not in Japan where they can't modify what they sell you in Gacha games, they have a law for this or something there, I remember Alim f*cking up on a TM in the Japanese version but left it as is otherwise people could sue them. But that's only applicable in Japan.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, with these Easter characters their stats/abilities weren't released fully 100%. They were datamined by an outside party and shared with everyone, before they were nerfed/changed an hour or so before the banner dropped. Now, you can argue why Gumi didn't change these characters sooner, as I'm sure they know people datamine the game. Hell, they probably count on it. As to whether they did this just to get hype for the banner so people would pull only for them to change it purposely right before release, unfortunately we can't prove that. Even in Japan I doubt they'd be entitled to anything, since the characters were never made available with the previous stats/abilities applied to them.

It still seems a little scummy though, I'm not going to lie.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That's a double edged sword as well, if we were in Japan they wouldn't be able to buff the units/TMs, see how they are able to modify the enhancements after release like with Sephiroth, that's because you can't use real money for this.
Another example in Dissidia is the early awful weapons and the devs buff the units with reworking the crystal level passive instead.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I got duped into pulling because of the Esther hype and didn't realize until it was too late that the units got nerfed. Now I'm at 100 Lapis AGAIN, have no chance of pulling a good DPS for months, and only have Sylvie to show for it.

I really need to quit this damn game. Think I'm gonna tough it out until anniversary, then I'm out.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it looks like someone finally woke up at Gumi and brought the Easter units back in line to GL's power levels.

Esther is still significantly stronger than Akstar by a considerable margin, but is now unquestionably inferior to everything else thereafter. Future TDW meta is back on the table.

Sylvie got hit even harder. Her LB went from trivializing the elemental tetris trials to being "meh". It's nice as a resist all elements buff, but had its duration and power significantly decreased. At 45 LB stones, now, it's no longer reliable at all to cast with the shorter duration.

In the end, both of them are still strong for GL's power levels, but are definitely nowhere even remotely close to 6+ months of "future proof" anymore.

The salt is going to be incredibly pure on the dev livestream this weekend (and then watch them get shutdown hardcore for admitting datamining, lol).

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they got nerfed. I might still pull, I was sort of planning to go from someone -> CG Lightning -> someone for DPS and this will still accomplish that. Will have to look into it after work or something.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I bought into the hype, and pulled without knowing they were nerfed. Pulled 2 Sylvie, 0 Esther, and I might just quit this game

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it looks like someone finally woke up at Gumi and brought the Easter units back in line to GL's power levels.

Esther is still significantly stronger than Akstar by a considerable margin, but is now unquestionably inferior to everything else thereafter. Future TDW meta is back on the table.

Sylvie got hit even harder. Her LB went from trivializing the elemental tetris trials to being "meh". It's nice as a resist all elements buff, but had its duration and power significantly decreased. At 45 LB stones, now, it's no longer reliable at all to cast with the shorter duration.

In the end, both of them are still strong for GL's power levels, but are definitely nowhere even remotely close to 6+ months of "future proof" anymore.

The salt is going to be incredibly pure on the dev livestream this weekend (and then watch them get shutdown hardcore for admitting datamining, lol).

The worst part of it all is that the TDW meta starts with characters from some of the worst FF games. If you don't like Lightning or Bartz you're screwed for months.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like an hour later I decided it was probably still worthwihle and ended up running the step-up for 1 Sylvie and 1 Esther. Threw tickets and got a second Esther. I guess I'll daily for the second Sylvie and possibly UoC her if I don't get lucky.

The Easter featured tickets, I assume the way to get them is the step-up? IE, I'd need to do the first step of the second lap to get a fourth.

Edit:
Wait what? I was setting up my team for the event and noticed two Sylvie's. How do I miscount rainbows? I guess I got two Sylvie's from the step-ups and only took notice of the this a new unit notifications.

Last edited:

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
One lap on the step up, plus about 155 tickets got me two Sylvies and one Esther.

Also got me a bunch of other rainbows and let me finish OK and CG Nichol's STMRs.

I've got about 100 tickets left but I think I'll just save them and UoC a second Esther. I'm happy with the pulls, and even post nerf these units are still bonkers.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Even with the LB nerfs Esther is 50% stronger than the "meta-changing" Akstar (she's also way bulkier and has a simpler rotation), she will be good till Bartz and even more if you're not chasing every meta units and Sylvie is still one of the best supporter in the game with an unique skills set that will last for a long time (as most support units). They are just not as broken as determined by the dataminers. This banner is still worth every penny if you have the resources.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I agree they are still very strong, will hold well onto the start of TDW (so about 5 months), and Sylvie's kit is better than Summer Fina + Lid in my opinion. If you decide to get onto the True Dual Wield train, you still need to pull Lightning and 2 Bartz, to be ready for all TDW units. If you only want Bartz you can skip Lightning, but Onion Knight will need that extra TDW since he's only at 100/200 natively with his TM accesory.
I'm not pulling but if I get them off-banner I sure won't be mad.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I agree they are still very strong, will hold well onto the start of TDW (so about 5 months), and Sylvie's kit is better than Summer Fina + Lid in my opinion. If you decide to get onto the True Dual Wield train, you still need to pull Lightning and 2 Bartz, to be ready for all TDW units. If you only want Bartz you can skip Lightning, but Onion Knight will need that extra TDW since he's only at 100/200 natively with his TM accesory.
I'm not pulling but if I get them off-banner I sure won't be mad.

This is why I'm just saying fuck the TDW meta. Being forced to pull those three losers just to take part is a miserable venture.

Probably best to just quit the game entirely after the anniversary rather than trying to stick around and collect a bunch of shitty rehash units just to remain competitive.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I bought into the hype, and pulled without knowing they were nerfed. Pulled 2 Sylvie, 0 Esther,

I decided to go for it, because I'm so far behind in DPS. Same outcome, 2 Sylvie, 0 Esther, and a whole bunch of 1st copies of off-banner rainbows.

AND I just UoC'd Yuriasha last week.

Salt levels are beyond maximum.

/sigh

Guess you're going to have to carry the load , TT, all the way to the 3rd anniversary now.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to go for it, because I'm so far behind in DPS. Same outcome, 2 Sylvie, 0 Esther, and a whole bunch of 1st copies of off-banner rainbows.

AND I just UoC'd Yuriasha last week.

Salt levels are beyond maximum.

/sigh

Guess you're going to have to carry the load , TT, all the way to the 3rd anniversary now.

Sorry you got screwed too. This banner literally went from being ultra hype to just crippling, overwhelming disappointment in a matter of like four hours. It's incredible how badly it was bungled.