• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My planned team for Scorn of the Stag:

Sylvie (Buffs + Inflict Disease on Boss + Chain)
Ignacio (Imperil/LB CD + Imbues/Buffs + LB Finish)
Summer Lid & Fina (WaterFight/CD + Beach House + Chain)
Cid (CD + Jump + Land)
Mercenary Ramza (Physical Cover + Whatever + Entrust Ignacio)
Friend Cid (CD + Jump + Land)

Going to go for the one-shot strat turn 3. I THINK it will be enough, if we survive the damage of course.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Considering UoC conundrums.
If Galuf is among the last units where a UoC is fully effective (if effective at all) since summon fest or equivalent starts soon, is using 20 UoC a better spend than 24,000 lapis? (which is not where I'm at... but I'm close enough to consider it)
That 24K lapis might be better spent when summon fest comes around. I realize nobody can really answer this question.

I also have a single Elena and am considering UoCing a second to have a more futureproof DPS (have lots of second-stringers, but no good primaries)... that said, I don't have a ton of hybrid gear, just enough to get her to a decent point.

Not like I'm likely to struggle against any timed trials anytime soon with my current crowd... although it'd be nice to be able to powercreep Gilgamesh to access other trials.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Galuf is among the last units where a UoC is fully effective (if effective at all) since summon fest or equivalent starts soon, is using 20 UoC a better spend than 24,000 lapis? (which is not where I'm at... but I'm close enough to consider it)
That 24K lapis might be better spent when summon fest comes around. I realize nobody can really answer this question.

I also have a single Elena and am considering UoCing a second to have a more futureproof DPS (have lots of second-stringers, but no good primaries)... that said, I don't have a ton of hybrid gear, just enough to get her to a decent point.

Not like I'm likely to struggle against any timed trials anytime soon with my current crowd... although it'd be nice to be able to powercreep Gilgamesh to access other trials.

I think the Galuf Step-Up is rather weak honestly. The issues are that it's 24k lapis, which is a lot. Plus you're still splitting some fraction of the rates with the other two units, so it's slightly worse than a single 5* banner. Plus there's no increased rainbow rates to speak of really. I think UoC is better than the 24k lapis.

Of course you COULD get really lucky and not need the full step-up. But you could say the same about doing a Summon Fest step-up with that same lapis. And those have higher rainbow rates in general, plus can't be UoC'd.

Personally, I'm considering UoC for Galuf, Normal Tickets for CG WoL, and saving Lapis for Summon Fest stuff.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I would hold off on any UoC use until we get a clear explanation of what their plans for summon fests are. The fact that they've added UoC "prices" to the UoC screen makes it seem like they might be changing the way Fest units work in Global, so I wouldn't go UoC broke until we know what they're doing there.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Rumors are floating it could be something like 15/20 UoC per Summon Fest unit. Which is a pretty fair compromise. The normal player be getting 1 a year then, without completely killing the UoC tickets.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
More unpredictable fuckery it is then. The last bastion of consistent releases, Story Events, has truly fallen. It used to be the one thing that came like clockwork still, once a month but then with Sol and now Physallis, pointless delays. The pessimist hypothesizes that they are trying to limit how much lapis we can snag before the Halloween events kick in. Other think maybe it's because Summon Fest banners will be tied to story events after Physallis and they are still ironing out how they'll implement it but I don't see why they couldn't simply delay those banners, no reason to delay these last two regular story events. Just a little interesting and bizarre.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I wonder if the reason why Season 3 story spoilers are non-existent (seemingly) is just a sign of things to come.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Meawhile we're still waiting on the promised expert missions and story reset, while JP is getting its second one.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Seems like another week of zzzzzz this week. I'm almost done FF II. After I get the 5* and UoC plus tickets I'm just done. Too much grinding including the raid...

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Again came to conclusion that tickets (normal and ex) are bad value when trying to get banner rainbows.
I had:

28 x 3* tix
7 x 4* tix
7x ex3* tix
3x ex4* tix

Galuf banner was target:
* Olive (5th)
* Seaside Nichol (4th)
* Krile (1st)
* Then ex tix gave Zeno (3rd).

Awesome haul to get 4 rainbows with so few tickets (45 total), but damn those off banners when banner is already divided.
4th SN will give me new Swim Trunks, not sure who would use them tho. Basically only way to get 7* banner unit nowadays is to have massive amounts of tickets and/or Lapis.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I started the step up for Galuf cause I decided only holding onto to most of the UOCs I have because of Summon Fest. I got Galuf, Krile, and 8th Luneth. I'll UOC Galuf I think but thankfully don't need to UOC 2.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Got ATK+20% HP+15% on Blood Sword, that's probably good enough.
Super burnt out on raiding, will probably just stop since I've gotten all the tickets. Summon changes are nice.
I do like the trial re-run event, since I missed all these rewards during my hiatus... but I'm starting to lose interest in the game again. Maybe I'll throw more tickets or do the step-up or something...

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Lots of people not able to log in because the update broke something fierce. And there's no telling where the issue actually is, since some got in, some of us got in later, etc.

Also: running Kurokasumi through IW, first floor gives me the lv4 rare ability.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I can't even do the scorn of the stag because I haven't killed gilgamesh yet :|

feels bad man

Yeah, I want stardust rod for my Elly but I can't even pass those later scorn trials yet. I checked if there are better rods but it means stmr moogling Tsukiko which seems like a gigantic waste cause I might get two more Tsuki anytime.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
It sounds like we can do a special Select Summon like thing (paid) sometime soon. Pay for a special 10+1. Get 2 tokens. Each token can let you select a unit from a special pool. ?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
It sounds like we can do a special Select Summon like thing (paid) sometime soon. Pay for a special 10+1. Get 2 tokens. Each token can let you select a unit from a special pool. ?

Reading the news and looking the pool of units. This seems to be waste of resources. The one I looked had mostly old units and not so great, maybe something for stmr but not many good ones.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Reading the news and looking the pool of units. This seems to be waste of resources. The one I looked had mostly old units and not so great, maybe something for stmr but not many good ones.
Gotcha. I wouldn't mind having 2 more BSS to get her stmr but it's really meh too about getting it or not so that makes sense.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
How to get free stuff via android / emulator https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/djk0g3/gl_mycard_preregistration_rewards/
From my previous experience, once it start downloading the big files, you can already close the app.

b60990a7-bb45-4286-8d6sk2p.png

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
How to get free stuff via android / emulator

I dislike what they do for the Global game by offering free swag to one country by some 3rd party shit. Going to keep my laptop emulator free and not going to bother with this. Just a good reminder how they won't get money from me.

They should have their own app version that is not tied to Global at all, or the fuckers should take pvp (Arena) away from game.

Shame Gumi, what a moron you are.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I dislike what they do for the Global game by offering free swag to one country by some 3rd party shit. Going to keep my laptop emulator free and not going to bother with this. Just a good reminder how they won't get money from me.

They should have their own app version that is not tied to Global at all, or the fuckers should take pvp (Arena) away from game.

Shame Gumi, what a moron you are.
I did it because it was just an app to install and launch the game like normal but yeah there is a lot of stuff like that.
Now I'm at 30 5* EX and still don't know when to use them.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Got Ignis and Radiant Lightning from king mog tickets. Very happy with Lightning, personally. I hope I can get another soon tho or else I'll think of UoC. I'm still keeping all my tickets for CG Terra banner. It it seems like she was pushed a little too far? I should have pulled on Octopath traveler when I had the chance. Gumi really piss me off sometimes.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got Ignis and Radiant Lightning from king mog tickets. Very happy with Lightning, personally. I hope I can get another soon tho or else I'll think of UoC. I'm still keeping all my tickets for CG Terra banner. It it seems like she was pushed a little too far? I should have pulled on Octopath traveler when I had the chance. Gumi really piss me off sometimes.
Yeah I don't understand them delaying FF6, but they also are delaying Story Event apparently? We'll see if next week it's Physalis or Halloween.
I guess FF 6 and Physalis in November and CG Dark Fina in December If the latter, feel like they're scared to drop summon fests.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't understand them delaying FF6, but they also are delaying Story Event apparently? We'll see if next week it's Physalis or Halloween.
I guess FF 6 and Physalis in November and CG Dark Fina in December.

They're probably gonna do Physalis next week and halloween event the week after.

It really feels like they're stalling the FES banners as much as possible and these weird delays are casualties of that.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I feel dirty, but I did the MyCard thing and got my first Sieghard. Not very exciting, but hey, better than nothing.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I did it because it was just an app to install and launch the game like normal but yeah there is a lot of stuff like that.
Now I'm at 30 5* EX and still don't know when to use them.
Thanks, apk was enough, then just log to fb and close app when it starts to load those bigger files and log with "old" app in.
Got
1st RedXIII
2nd Zargabanggangnamztyle

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing the summon banner for that gold 10+1 summon ticket from the KH collab? No idea how to use it.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Every time I think about quitting this game Gumi does something so stupid it captivates me for another month lol

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Had some difficulties to remember which units have some Stop thingies beside Ayaka (have her but did'nt want to use). Honestly this game has stuff that is very well hidden. Ain't easy to find what x unit does if its something you don't use everyday.

Screenshot_20191020-124034.png

Could done it turn earlier but I remembered that when using Fire at 29% doesn't do any damage so used Efreet 1 time instead of 3x with both Sophia.
Also was hilarious to see Cursed Eye & Hex Eye do damage.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Premium 10+1 yielded one rainbow... my fourth Luneth. I had already gotten Fohlen and Raegen's though, so only an incremental upgrade... but now Regina has 2800+ ATK so that's neat.

Everything else was yellow/blue.

Regina also has a nice improvement on her weapon... her Lagoa got a rare and +15 ATK. Pretty nice to get 55% straight off the weapon.

No surprises that the new "2 UoC of old units" is a paid banner. The price is lower than I would've expected, but I doubt I'll spend money on this game again.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing exciting in this upcoming event / banner. That's probably for the best, will try to go into idle mode for awhile.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got 9th Lightning, 4th Vincent and 12th fucking Raegen on the premium summon.
He's my most summoned character now, 1 ahead of Lulu. All off-banner.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I wonder what will get people excited for this again. Seems enthusiasm is pretty low last few months.
For GLEX I want new event types and characters that aren't yet another DPS.
Otherwise I'm waiting for my favorite FF characters but Gumi keep delaying switching those events.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I wonder what will get people excited for this again. Seems enthusiasm is pretty low last few months.
New event types and characters that aren't yet another DPS.

UI overhaul including streamlining the amount of useless clicks one needs to do, streamlining processes like autoselling & autocombining, give me the damn slider for fusing if you cant do anything else, get the ads away from the game, overall less bugs to the game.

Basically Iam so fed up to useless shit I use so much time instead of actual playing the game. Imagine how much time it takes either to fuse cactuars or to sell 99 cactuars or some other fucking unit.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure, actually; I think it's a combination of factors for me why my enthusiasm is low
-EX rewards for KMs tied to spending a lot of energy hitting "repeat"; raids, ditto. Events that don't involve solving them once and repeating mindlessly for the next week. Trial weeks like this are actually better than most, would like something somewhere between that difficulty and "scorn" trials that change up every day
-personally poor luck (not gumi's fault directly); spent 60+ tickets with only one non-banner rainbow
-incoming fest banners that, at best, will devalue UOC's (okay, sure; gumi could lower the cost of some non-fest units and keep fest units at 10 uoc; but I put that at "on-banner rainbow you want from a triple rainbow banner" odds)
-no exciting units on the horizon, and powercreep is in full gear; I'm not interested in the latest global exclusive/original unit that blows other DPS out of the water, I do mostly like the CG FF units but they keep getting pushed back further. Xenogears collab got me back in, and those units got largely eclipsed within ~1.5 months. A rework of existing units could pull me back in for awhile... but it'd have to be a unit I like a lot
-like Rixa said, QoL is low... it takes like 40 minutes of play to hit dailies. doing like 5 story quests is ~8 mins between all the button clicks, loading screens, rewards screens, etc (no, I haven't timed it... it feels longer if anything)
-trials, ironically, are too much work for me. 15-20 minutes of prep before I get into a stage is too much when I can't keep up with raids/KMs... to say nothing of when both are going on or raids + "elemental battles" which are raids that take energy