• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Really hope CG WoL comes out soon. MAN it feels like I've been waiting for that unit for an eternity.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's definitely the next Mog King event, should be next week, right before the holiday event.

I've got a lot of summon tickets saved up that I haven't found a place for until this. I think my banner tickets counter is over 300?

That's 3* + 4* + 10% 5* tickets.

Gonna use them until I get at least one CG WoL and then probably use 8 UoC on the prism right away. UoC have more limited applications than before so I figure I might as well use them for the main thing they're for and conserve tickets and lapis where possible.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I got my 2nd Edgar from one of the guaranteed 5*s today, so that's neat. His extra 5% vs Lid (at least for one turn) seems like a net win, even if there's an off-turn that's slightly worse - and his 74% cooldown is nicer since it comes with a 2-element imperil even if water/earth don't have great synergy with my current team.

He does otherwise seem a little behind the curve... but brings a little more damage focus to the table whereas Lid doesn't, so seems like a net win. And he's Edgar, so gets fan points.

2nd pull was my 3rd Cloud.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
In addition to the two 5* tickets today I had a 3* EX ticket that came down rainbow. It was only a 5th Lightning unfortunately, so it's a useless unit that I can't even fuse into another one as TMR fodder heh... The other 2 units I got were Beryl (new 7 star) and a 3rd OG Fryevia

Wish I had the same luck with non-EX tickets dropping rainbow so I could snag some of these banner units I'm gonna be missing

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I missed a login day with the whole iOS debacle so I'm only getting the G5s at this next reset. Hope it's not trash.

News day Tuesday today! Hope it's WoL.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I missed a login day with the whole iOS debacle so I'm only getting the G5s at this next reset. Hope it's not trash.

News day Tuesday today! Hope it's WoL.

I got 3 rainbows yesterday ex3* went straight to rbow. It was Sieghard nr.3. Then those 2 G5 were Shadow Lord nr.1 and Dressy Aileen nr.2.
So it could been worse.

Finding it again funny that we have Rainbow named: Shadow Lord and then there is Rainbow named: The Lord of Shadows.

How they greed each other when they meet?

"This is my chair, where is yours?"

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I got 3 rainbows yesterday ex3* went straight to rbow. It was Sieghard nr.3. Then those 2 G5 were Shadow Lord nr.1 and Dressy Aileen nr.2.
So it could been worse.

Finding it again funny that we have Rainbow named: Shadow Lord and then there is Rainbow named: The Lord of Shadows.

How they greed each other when they meet?

"This is my chair, where is yours?"

Grats on your pulls, that's not too bad indeed.
I got Roy #4 and Raegen #5.

I'm happy about the harp, Myra and eElephim are gonna love it.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for some advice as I'm unsure on how I should use my Golden Key:

After doing a full step-up on the last DQXIS banner, I ended up with:
3x Erik
2x Lord of Shadows
1x Jasper Unbound
1x Jade
1x Sylvando
1x Mordegon
1x Veronica

My go-to team currently is Sylvie, CG Fid, CG Fina, CG Charlotte/Sieg, Zeno/Butz, Friend Zeno/Butz. My 7★ Mages options are Tsukiko, GLS and Livid Shantotto (un-ability awakened). Once I set him up, Erik should be my new go-to DPS unit.

My first thought was to get second Mordegon or Veronica (not sure which is better). Another possibility would be to get a 4th Erik for his STMR. Jasper, Jade and Sylvando don't seem to be worth getting.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's Noctis this month.

https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20191210PrinceNoctisUnitIntroQuest.jpg

https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20191210PrinceNoctisFeaturedSummon.jpg

I guess more than one tank a month would be too much, but man, I'm disappointed. Not that Noctis and Luna aren't great characters, but I really wanted WoL.
This schedule doesn't make any sense anymore more, wtf.
I too was waiting for WoL since I don't have Galuf.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the community can be loud as hell regarding these garbage step ups, it was god awful on the Black Friday units and it's even worse here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Hope the community can be loud as hell regarding these garbage step ups, it was god awful on the Black Friday units and it's even worse here.
Could be worse! Just started playing Last Cloudia which locks its guaranteed unit behind THREE rounds of the step up and if that wasn't bad enough only the first round can be pulled with free premium currency.... The other 2 rounds require paid currency, so $160 USD!!

edit: just to be fair, they do give you a free unit via log in rewards, so the shittiness of the step up is counterbalanced in at least some way, but it's still scuzzy and the community for that game has thrown a conniption over it

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Some are suggesting that these new 9k step-ups are a GLEX version of JP's SummonFest banners that no one saw coming.

It's 4 laps (36k, 8 "flex" tickets ) for a random on-banner unit guarantee. DOUBLE that (72k, 16 "flex" tickets) if you want the guarantee of a specific on-banner unit. That's more than highway robbery.

Also, it looks like GL is getting it's first taste of the grindfest Mog King events on Thursday. Let's see if Gumi decides to tinker with JP's 1 million event currency target to max out the free event 7* unit.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the new banners suck, but hey at least the units are in the EX pool for random drawing out of the 100+ units. I still think it's a win.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I probably would of pulled if this wasn't this new trash banner crap, but nope. I'll give it another month or two to see if this is the way things are going to be going forwards, and if so I'm out

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I could really stand to lighten my daily gacha load too and it's been hard to log into FFBE the last couple of days. I only pull on like 2-3 banners a year once I've strategically saved up enough lapis to target a unit I want, so if they are all going to be like this moving forward there's no hope for me in this game.

I hope they really appreciate the whales they bait with these greed banners because they're going to keep hemorrhaging more and more of their free players and whether they like us or not, the free players make up the vast majority of their community and are the biggest ambassadors for their game.

I've been facing the same crap every single time I start a new gacha game and I've said it before and I'll say it again but this entire genre is trash and needs to go away. I look at the level of craftsmanship that goes into these games, like FFBE, Dragalia, Last Cloudia, these are the closest things to the kind of awesome Japanese RPGs and action RPGs I loved as a kid and teen but they're FILTHY with predatory practices and it makes me depressed. If we got a game the caliber of Last Cloudia without the monetization, on a console, PC or phone, I'd be happy as a pig in shit and play it nonstop. I'd give them $60 for it easily and preorder for all the dumb waifu statues and art books and shit. Give me those days back. I'm so sick of having to get my grindy JRPG fix in the form of predatory gacha games. So sick of it

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
My current party

Physical Chainer: Esther
Magical Chainer: CG Terra
Finisher : Reberta (Never used her)
Physical Tank: Merc Ramza
Magic Tank: CG Charlotte
Heal: Folka (also have Aerith and Myra)
Breaker: 2B (also have Auron)
Buffer: Zargabath

Is there any role where I should focus to improve? I currently have CG Lightning, Galuf, Lenna and Sylvie at 6* with some UoC left. I was thinking into trying to get CG Noctis to use it as my main DPS. I'm playing F2P but have some decent stuff, plenty of TMR moogle left and a STMR Moogle as well.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
My current party

Physical Chainer: Esther
Magical Chainer: CG Terra
Finisher : Reberta (Never used her)
Physical Tank: Merc Ramza
Magic Tank: CG Charlotte
Heal: Folka (also have Aerith and Myra)
Breaker: 2B (also have Auron)
Buffer: Zargabath

Is there any role where I should focus to improve? I currently have CG Lightning, Galuf, Lenna and Sylvie at 6* with some UoC left. I was thinking into trying to get CG Noctis to use it as my main DPS. I'm playing F2P but have some decent stuff, plenty of TMR moogle left and a STMR Moogle as well.

YMMV depending on what kind of gear you have but if you plan on trying some of the newer trials, you need a better physical tank than Merc Ramza. Galuf is top tier and will hold you for a long while.

A stronger buffer than Zarg might also be worth it, as in Sylvie. Esther is also falling behind in terms of damage.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
YMMV depending on what kind of gear you have but if you plan on trying some of the newer trials, you need a better physical tank than Merc Ramza. Galuf is top tier and will hold you for a long while.

A stronger buffer than Zarg might also be worth it, as in Sylvie. Esther is also falling behind in terms of damage.

I have some good weapons : Excalibur (FFBE), Jecht's STMR, Auron's STMR, Orlandeau's STMR, Lionheart. I have done all 10 unit trials for offense. My heal gear is fine. For Tanks I'm fine for Charlotte, might need some more gear for physical tank, my best armor is Knight Delita's TMR.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, missed the start of maintenance. Had Erik's TMR dagger in IW... got the High Tide + rare on floor one but only got to do 1 floor after that so it's got that and like 3% HP on it. Good stuff

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, missed the start of maintenance. Had Erik's TMR dagger in IW... got the High Tide + rare on floor one but only got to do 1 floor after that so it's got that and like 3% HP on it. Good stuff

That went perfectly well. I don't understand why there is no ingame warming like 15 mins before maintenance. Since Gumi is so inconsistent with maintenance times we can't keep track when one starts and when the game is fucking global why the hell they announce times in pst or some other one timezone.

Hrm. Anyways Iam perfectly happy with my summon simulator mode, log in pull if there is something to pull, force close app.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good news, we don't have to farm 100k EP for all the good rewards. On JP it was 100k points for the second 5* ticket, here it's 60k
But with the revamped Mog King come the cost of no exchangeable tickets.
Last stage gives 600 EP for 30 NRG.

Last edited:

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Have they simply reduced the amount of tickets we can get with the change or just shifted them somewhere else?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile I noticed yet again one more dumb decision of this game. Why do I need to wait gazillion years for game to load all Cryst stage dungeons of story event 2nd week.
Misclicked and went to that event, it was faster to force close app and reload.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
36k netted me: 3rd Regina, 2nd ChocoFina, 3rd ChRain, 10th AwkRain, 2nd Dressy Aileen, 6th Vincent and 2 Crown Prince Noctis.
The 8 flex tickets gave my my 3rd Noctis.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I spent pretty much all my resources on the banner and got two rainbows; 3rd AK Rain and 3rd Ellesperis.
Would be nice to have the latest and greatest Regina, although I'm sure the old and lame Regina is still perfectly serviceable for 99% of game content.
Neat that we can at least get 600 EP a go this time around, and it sounds like there are 2 5* tickets in the mix?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Wow Ardyn is a fucking joke. Took 10 turns with Bartz and I felt like I brought a gun to a knife fight throughout.

4-EF3-E534-C24-E-49-A9-BE60-2582-FCA46-E1-C.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
45k lapis, 5 laps, and 0 on-banner rainbows. Fucking game.

At least I got Luna from the 8 ticket random Noct/Luna pull and then Noctis off tickets after.

Then burnt UoCs on Luna's prism.

I did four laps and got one Luna out of it. It feels bad, man. Eventually I burned all of my tickets and got Noctis on my last one then 7*'d him with the 8-ticket 50/50 pull so I at least GOT my boy.

I just feel like Thanos right now. What did it cost? Everything.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Screenshot_20191212-194942.png

Thanks for the Lapis I guess. Keys are so useless trash that uh oh. Also I hate that there is 0 mention of buff that is not removable. I was wondering why the hell I can't remove 9% hp lock turn the atk buff that idiot casts. It seems its non removable.

Look from the fucking official sources for info they say. LOL.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might actually have the tools necessary for Ardyn - I'll probably do Elenas, Sieg, Lenna, Edgar, Sylvie. Might be a little on the cautious side, but I get the impression he's actually pretty easy
/edit: from slot rewards, I got two more rainbows. First Bartz, fourth LM Fina. Even though Fina's TMR is good, seriously considering just fusing my two 5* finas onto by 7* to bypass the nightmare of awakening another 7*.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Screenshot_20191212-194942.png

Thanks for the Lapis I guess. Keys are so useless trash that uh oh. Also I hate that there is 0 mention of buff that is not removable. I was wondering why the hell I can't remove 9% hp lock turn the atk buff that idiot casts. It seems its non removable.

Look from the fucking official sources for info they say. LOL.

Iirc undispellable buffs have no turn count. That atk buff he applies at sub 10% doesn't, at least. That's how I figured out it can't be removed.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
So I've just logged into the game for the first time in a while, figured I'd jump straight in and use my UoCs for King Rain that was recently on banner and he's not there.

Is he somehow limited? There seem to be other units missing from the UoC pool too? What have they done?

Also wanted some way of getting O.Zyrus, he was my favourite design since his 4*, is he not going to be in the UoC pool too?

Edit: I can see their Prisms though?I figured a character like Rain would be normal and not limited?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So I've just logged into the game for the first time in a while, figured I'd jump straight in and use my UoCs for Emperor Rain that was recently on banner and he's not there.

Is he somehow limited? There seem to be other units missing from the UoC pool too? What have they done?
JP got summon fest where units were limited, here they're not but you can only get prism with UoC starting CG Rain.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got a CG Noctis off a 3 star ticket. The step ups may be shit, but tickets feel so much stronger lately. Maybe ticket hoarding for future units over lapis is the way to go