• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wow, I pulled my first ever rainbow on a free summon. Dark Fina on the youtube free thing. I'll take her I guess. I need more 5 stars in general.

Her TMR seems great for my Elly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So, parameter missions are finally coming this week, apparently.
I should be able to do all of them except ATK/MAG, MAG will be easy with Golbez and for ATK I'm still missing a few 5* TM.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
join the club, except i went 8 and 0.

gear sylvie for hp/LB gen.
Damn bro, another 8 Sylvie story? It's crazy that could even happen to one of us. I'm sorry to hear you didn't land Esther. I got her on the last step of the last run I was willing to do and then used 4* Tickets until the second dropped.

Now that you mention it, duh, of course HP would be better than SPR for her. Thanks, swapped one materia that namely added SPR for an HP 30% but otherwise pretty much everything else I have equipped to her accrues LB crystals so think I have that well enough setup. My high tide Bowie knife has crappy other HP boost stats so I'm currently running another copy through IW hoping to get a better HT draw.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
News is up.

Xenogears Part 2, Story 2-7-2, and Parameter Quests (but NOT Expert Quests). Really going to drag this out, eh Gumi?

Maintenance on Thursday night, not on Wednesday, this week.

Damn, Norn, that's some insanely bad luck. Did you do all 4 laps for those 8 Sylvies?

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Now that I've got Esther, questioning if I should pull for Akstar at all.

I'm pretty spent on resources now......I think I need some meta units that aren't dps.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty spent on resources now......I think I need some meta units that aren't dps.
Yes you should, damage dealers get powercrept the fastest and if you lack tank/support/buffer/debuffer/healer then you know what to do.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes you should, damage dealers are the most susceptible to powecreep and if you lack support/buffer/debuffer/healer then you know what to do.

I'm considering Aerith, but I could also wait and just do the CG Bartz/CG Lenna banner.

How does Aerith compare to Lenna?

And of course my man CG Warrior of Light sounds great.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering Aerith, but I could also wait and just do the CG Bartz/CG Lenna banner.

Altema ranking consider both Aerith and Lenna to be equal so I guess it comes down to preference or if you need a good healer ASAP.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Altema ranking consider both Aerith and Lenna to be equal so I guess it comes down to preference or if you need a good healer ASAP.

Folka has been doing work for me, and I have Sylvie now. I swear, Folka just DOES NOT LOSE my trial attempts.

I plan on using a Prism Moogle on the CG Lightning Banner and then get the CG Lightning TMR if I can without pulling for her at all lol (Mog King trust moogle)

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017

You should definitely skip Akstar. Esther is better in every possible way and she will last you until Bartz and maybe you won't even need Bartz. I'm going to skip all the DPS units until a CG Squall or Cloud get announced.

I really think Gumi should hire a better PR, they managed to ruin one of the best banner they ever made with their awful communication (and they were doing quite well this last month). Even with the "nerfs" the two new units are fantastic, both in their design and their skill set, it felt great to be excited for two new units nobody expected. I feel bad for the people who are designing the GLEX units, they deserve better.
Without the wiki and the datamine nobody would stick with this game, since Gumi doesn't release any number nor it explains its own game mechanics. They should be grateful for the community and work with the fans to make the game better.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh wow Xenogears part 2 raid!!!! Can't wait. I can potentially get Elly's STMR if I pull another one but maybe I'll just wait for the prism thingy. All I know is that i'm pulling. Got near 50k Lapis so I hope I get lucky enough.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Xenogears part 2 came around faster than I expected. I only have 15 tickets (2 10%, 3 4*, 10 3*) and around 15000 lapis.
I have a bunch of story I could run through (way behind), but it's so slow and I have limited time to FFBE. I doubt I could reach the 22000 for the step-up, which would be the preferred way to try and get a Citan, but I suppose there is the lapis raffle...
I know I could get a single Citan from three multipulls + FEBCM raid tickets, so at least there is that consolation.

Have an Eiko, LMS and Elly for the parameter missions but I haven't item-worlded much SPR equipment so I'm not sure I'll hit that threshold.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I actually laughed when I saw that "please follow only official channels for info on the game", because Exvius is one of most Player-Unfriendly games i've played.

And I don't even mean the atrocious pull rates or the ridiculous store prices, but:

- This item / skill increases your attack / magic / evade / penis size in some way. How much, you ask? I don't really feel like telling you.

- We force you to rely on an unreliable feature (chaining) to get the most out of your game, but we don't really tell you anything about how each ability chains - nor do we make it easy for you to actually chain them.

- We also make you heavily depend on friend units but we give you one of the worst friend systems ever.

- We made TMRs pretty much essential but you had to either lose your sanity grinding for them or use a fucking macro (which is against our ToS). This is actually much better these days, but it's still slow, especially if you don't macro.

Also, and this might be just me missing something obvious, I don't think you can tell which unit belongs to a given TM moogle if you just pull the moogle, since as far as I can tell it only says the TM name (this is kinda alleviated by the new tabs where you can have everything side by side, but it's still a dumb extra step).

- Not to mention the fact that we want to suck all your currency because it's useless to pull just one unit.

I'm pretty sure this game would be dead a long time ago if there were no external Wikis / datamining, because it's extremely hard to actually play the game without that info.

Snoopaloop

Sep 23, 2018
Hello all I removed some inactive people from my list and I am sure there are some people in here that don't go in the Discord so feel free to add me. 404847859. Currently sharing a 2800 ATK Esther built for the Egg but will be switching her to an LB build once it is over.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here is my Id. 122, 944, 657 I clean up a lot of spaces in my friend list, currently sharing Sylvie.

Edited: Forgot to put the Id.

.n_n.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone farming the Esther/Sylvie gear from the Eggstinction event? It doesn't look very good.

Last night I did the 4th and 5th pulls on the first lap. Total 2 Esther and 1 Sylvie for 24K. Considering Esther IS the new meta I'm pretty happy! Gonna try and get a 2nd Sylvie with tickets.

Btw, I like how doing one lap of the step up leaves you exactly one ticket short of the four you need to do the 5* Guaranteed 30% Featured pull. So unless I spend 4k more Lapis for the 4th ticket the 3 I already have are useless? Nice, Gumi being Gumi.

Anyway I will take a look at my Friends list and see if I can make a little room for some of you that I don't already have. I have most meta units.

I dont use discord at all, for anything. Is the FFBE discord really where all the discussion takes place? If so maybe Ill check back in.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure this game would be dead a long time ago if there were no external Wikis / datamining, because it's extremely hard to actually play the game without that info.
Exactly my thoughts. Devs have balls to say that shit and still wont do anything about it.
These new power levels just make things more confusing... "Hey my team power level is 66666 why I die after first turn to Alexander 3* whose power level is only 160 something"?

Guys how the fuck is Leviathan 3* possible?
I've managed to finally beat Odin but I can't even put a dent on Leviathan.

I did in back December with killing it in one turn after doing missions:

Screenshot_20181230-123057.png
Screenshot_20181230-123120.png
Screenshot_20181230-123229.png

Chaining and 2 Reberta's doing timed Jumps. Both Rebs had Thunder weapon. I bet Cid could do it better now with Thunder weapon equipped.

As always (thanks Gumi fuckers): Here is a link to EXTERNAL site (again fuck you Gumi) where you can find information of that fight (fuck you Gumi)
https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ruins_of_the_Water_God/New_Trial_of_the_Water_God

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
My overall power level is 55,394.
Sadly this is Gumis way to get things even more confusing than they already are. Power levels don't mean alot in this game, its the team combination.
As you can see my pics, I had 6* Lunera & 6* CG Lid there. Lunera was chaining and CG Lid was doing LB (lvl 25 lb).

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got inspired to try some espers now that I got Esther. Went after 3 star Odin. First turn, broke, buffed, provoked, prepped the Esthers' T-cast. Second turn melted his bootyhole with a single chain from 100% to zero. Missed the evoke and defeat with an LB missions cause he died too fast. Oh well. On to the next victim.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Did some story missions and got enough lapis to finish my 2nd Easter lap. Results were good but still feeling a little mixed heh

Got a 3rd Yuna out of the guaranteed from step 3
Got a 3rd Esther from a random rainbow
Got a 3rd Hyoh from a random rainbow
Got a 2nd Sylvie out of the guaranteed from step 5
Got a 3rd Sylvie from a 90% blue ticket (first rainbow I ever got from one of these)

So like, amazing set of drops to get. Not mad at all. Worth the 20k lapis I spent (added to the 24k I spent on day 1 of the banner). Got 7* Sylvie which is a massive prize.

Mixed feelings are from getting to #3 of so many units and being so close to so many amazing STMRs! With as diluted as the rainbow pool is the chances of finishing any of them in the near future is really damn slim, especially since I'm down to 20 lapis (lol) and 0 tickets, so basically starting the stash over at square 1. Not sure any STMR is worth blowing UoCs on either, especially since I'm not going to be able to pull for 6-12 months while I rebuild the stash.

Still can't complain about any of that. I got the 1 Sylvie I wanted and the rest was just icing.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Went a round and a half on the step up banner and walked away with 5 fucking Esters and ONE Sylvie.

I'm not sure I want to toss anything else at the banner at this point and I may angrily just UoC that last copy of Sylvie but I will do so mildly angry.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Most people : getting the 1850MP parameter mission is the hardest!
Me :

c26c2625-98c1-4b86-8ac7jrv.png

Now for SPR it's another matter, if you don't have 7* Eiko you're screwed as it requires STMR otherwise.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
My mains are Cid (tbh I feel like he's useless in most situations. I'm probably wrong though), Fei, Elly, Lotus Mage Fina, and Auron. All maxed out, 7*. My overall power level is 55,394.

Yeah you need a tank to tackle Leviathan. I remember I used a magic tank when I cleared it. A buffer would also help.

Do you have anyone to fill that spot? If not, I recommend waiting until you have better/more units and gear before going at it.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah you need a tank to tackle Leviathan. I remember I used a magic tank when I cleared it. A buffer would also help.

Do you have anyone to fill that spot? If not, I recommend waiting until you have better/more units and gear before going at it.

Yeah I guess so :( I thought my Elly having 1700ish MAG was good enough to at least do some damage but even that doesn't put a dent in Leviathan at all.

Btw, thank you so much for letting me use your units. They've been incredibly helpful.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Decide to use the free ticket that I got from the raid and behold got my second Esther, sharing her now almost full potted and max LB, enjoy.

.n_n.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so mad. I had a rare roll + ATK 5% and HP 5% on a Tonitrus but I was doing more runs to try and get rare + better secondary rolls on it. And I was half way thru a trip thru the item world when the day just ticked over and the item world ended, but it spit the Tonitrus out with the shitty incomplete rolls on it instead of the original rare. So now my Tonitrus one of my most used weapons has like ATK 1% and some other useless crap on it. No warning, no option to stick with the old roll, just booted back to the main menu with crap on it.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so mad. I had a rare roll + ATK 5% and HP 5% on a Tonitrus but I was doing more runs to try and get rare + better secondary rolls on it. And I was half way thru a trip thru the item world when the day just ticked over and the item world ended, but it spit the Tonitrus out with the shitty incomplete rolls on it instead of the original rare. So now my Tonitrus one of my most used weapons has like ATK 1% and some other useless crap on it. No warning, no option to stick with the old roll, just booted back to the main menu with crap on it.
Wow that sucks. I'd be pissed too.

So I just took a look at my friends list in the first time in many months. I had no idea so many people quit! I got rid of everyone who hasn't played in 100 days or more. There were a few stretches in the past months where I didnt log in for a few days at a time but I'm pretty much back in full force now.

If anyone's looking for another Esther/Hyoh/Sephiroth/PGLaswell/Auron/Folka/MSNichol/Wilhelm/Basch/GLSakura/DragonLord/etc., add me! I have 12 open slots and I could certainly make room for more!

350 186 594

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Game is up.

Now that we have pink base for 5*. I don't like how base 3* that been put to 5* show pink.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got fucked on Xenogears round 2, absolutely no rainbows to speak of and I'm still basically out of resources.

sure am glad I wasted all my lapis on the stupid Easter units last week right about now... :(

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool, CG Noctis kind of wish it was King Noctis or however the older one is referred to. Bahamut only now getting a second star?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I need one more Folka for spr.

Screenshot_20190426-151316.png

Then again MP was done with level 58 Carbuncle and 0 stmr.

Screenshot_20190426-153833.png
Screenshot_20190426-153839.png

ATK will be done in one week after I UoC Esther. HP someday (I get Willy to ~24995 HP), could test with WKN.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I need a second Folka, still. Bleh.

Can't hit the ATK requirement either, as it is impossible for Ang to reach 2650 until stat cap extension pots arrive per the builder. Any day (month), now, right?

ATK will be done in one week after I UoC Esther. HP someday (I get Willy to ~24995 HP), could test with WKN.

Got Gladio? I had the same problem. I limped over the finish line on that quest because of Gladio having an exceptionally high (900) HP pot cap, whereas most normal 7* tanks only have HP pot caps of 540 (ex: Sieg, Basch).

Also, I love "finding" on a undisclosed help screen confirmation that after an unknown amount point in time (the "quest period"), parameter quests are intentionally designed to "reset" with higher requirements to keep up with power creep every so often (hence always keeping pressure on players to get ahead of inevitable stat inflation). "[Parameter] Quests have time limits, and if it [the time limit] is exceeded, the required stats for the next [quest] period will be raised".

"Do your best to complete these challenges before their requirements are raised!".

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a few of the parameters aren't possible with my units and gear, I guess cause I don't have many STMRs. Few of them could be done with some super specialized esper builds but I don't have the lapis to throw at rerolling espers just for these dumb things

Xion

Oct 27, 2017

Aerith is probably the unit I'm most excited about and would hoard for! Mix of nostalgia and her being a really strong healer (I don't have Folka either).

People on Reddit saying that 6* Esther is stronger than full 7* TDH Hyoh, wtf Gumi haha.

So I actually skipped out on pulling for Esther, but after hearing everything about her, I'm wondering if I should do the Step Up...I have 56k Lapis which I was saving up (and 18 5* Select Tickets). Hmmm....

Oh damn that really sucks! Hopefully the next IW event will come round in no time, don't worry. I think the thing which has annoys me the most is when I've finally found a friend unit for a fight, and setting up all my equips, then I get a message or something so I switch to WhatsApp or some other process....I go back to the game and it goes back to the login screen and I've lost everything I've setup plus the unit :(. It doesn't happen all the time which is annoying, it seems to only restart the game sometimes.

Just saw I have two 10+1 Summon tickets available, might as well use them up...
First one was pretty trash, second one gave me another Nyx.

Also had a 5* EX Summon Ticket...Gilgamesh.

Edit: Decided to blow a lot of my Lapis hoard on a full Step Up....managed to get my first Zargabaath, Sylvie, Dark Knight Luneth and Esther! Expensive, but not a bad result. I went and did one Step to get a 4th 5* Easter ticket which I used up to Summon my first High Seraph Ultima.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
6* Magitech Terra when?

4e6104df-2778-4b63-aayjjj2.png

Anxiously awaiting the next Mog King event, I fear the worst.
Next week is probably the Order banner or a break one.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled together enough lapis to do step 3 of the Xenogears part 2 banner so I could get a Citan.

This game truly, truly fucking hates me. Any time I want a character I get the opposite character on the banner, and it's always a useless piece of crap with no value.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Pulled together enough lapis to do step 3 of the Xenogears part 2 banner so I could get a Citan.

This game truly, truly fucking hates me. Any time I want a character I get the opposite character on the banner, and it's always a useless piece of crap with no value.

I've gone through all my Lapis and tickets and haven't gotten Citan yet. I'm probably going to spend money and whale on it. I was hoping to get enough to make 7* Citan and Marias, but I will take one of each, if I can get them.

Edit: And right after I post this, I use a free summon ticket I got from the Deus raid and got a free Citan.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've gone through all my Lapis and tickets and haven't gotten Citan yet. I'm probably going to spend money and whale on it. I was hoping to get enough to make 7* Citan and Marias, but I will take one of each, if I can get them.

Edit: And right after I post this, I use a free summon ticket I got from the Deus raid and got a free Citan.

Well, now I feel even worse. I'm completely lapis and ticket broke too and all I have to show for it is this shitty Maria. :/