• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
captur1080kyo.jpg

Welcome to the thread!

Brave Exvius is a new Final Fantasy game, in the style of the SNES titles (IV, V, VI). That said, the game plays considerably different from the SNES titles, outside of combat. Combat in FFBE is equivalent to the Wait Mode ATB in these games (everyone acts individually in their team's turn before the opposing team gets their turn). In story and event modes, the player's team always goes first. In arena mode, the team that goes first is randomly chosen at the beginning of each new turn.

There is an original story with original characters. As the game is meant to last for several years, the story is considerably drawn out and may appear to be very slow moving (it at all) at first. As one progresses farther in Story Mode, the story becomes considerably more interesting. Please keep in mind that the story really doesn't begin to really get rolling until four or five islands into the game (Dirnado Isle or Olderion Isle), which can be a considerably long time for a new player. Please bear with the story until then.

The game belongs to a genre known as gacha, or lottery-style game. In this game, not only are there original characters, but the player also has the be ability to pull characters from other Final Fantasies (both heroes and villains) to join them on their team. This is a major draw of the game. On the flip side, as a lottery-style game, the more desirable or popular characters are often quite hard to obtain, and attempts at pulling for them cost a premium currency (lapis) in the game. A fair amount of lapis given to players over time for various events in the game (Brave Exvius is unusually generous in this regard compared to other games in this genre). Addiitional lapis can be purchased for real-world currency to fund additional activities in the game (refilling energy) or for more attempts at pulling rare units from the slot machine.

Various activities are also inserted into the game from time to time, that offer unique equipments, materia, spells, and so on that are not found in the story mode of the game. These can take the form of a dungeon from another Final Fantasy, an exploration of some kind, or a trial against a powerful boss (which is what everyone in the thread is passionate about at the moment as that is this week's challenge).

In this regard, you could think of this as a single-player MMO, as new content is constantly added to the game weekly and new chapters are being added to the story monthly.

Brave Exvius Basics

Units

There are several types of ways to acquire units. The first are the story units. These are
forced upon you, I mean
given to you for free (only first season)

The second is the standard summon. The combat of the game has you using five units + a unit from someone else's game. When you use this unit you gain 10 friend points if that person is on your friends list, and 5 points if they're not. Furthermore, every day you can receive 10 friend points from the people on your friends list through daily gifting. Once you have 200 friend points you can spend these to acquire a 1-3★. These units are not that powerful long term, but some of them come with some great Trust Masteries.

The third method is the rare summons. This is the true gacha pool, and allows you to summon units from 3-5★. The greater the rarity the lower the odds are of summoning a unit of that rarity, but these units are usually more powerful on a fundamental level.
The current rates are :

Single summon :

bweqpz8ktjp9.jpg

The "+1" in 10+1 or 5+1 summon :

uapamcdr8kgt.jpg

Summoning these units costs Lapis, the in game currency, or rare summon tickets. Every Friday a new "banner" is added to the game that lasts two weeks. These banners increase the chances of acquiring the units displayed. The 3★ and a 4★ base unit that is on the banner has a 25% chance of occurring if that colored crystal drops, and the 5★ base has a 33% chance. However these increases are split if there are multiple units of the same base rarity on the banner. There is also a default banner that has no rate up, and is available at all times.

Summons cost 500 lapis or 1 rare summon ticket. Each day you can make 1 summon for 250 lapis. You can also make an 11 unit summon for 5000 lapis, which guarantees the first crystal to be at least yellow. Do not this game like to do free summon campaigns, either directly with a free-to-pull banner or by giving special tickets for free.

The forth way to acquire units is through events. The conditions for obtaining the unit will vary with each event.

Finally, there is special tickets, "UoC" or Unit of Choice, called "Select Summon Tickets" in-game, you gather 10 of them and then can choose a base 5★ unit you desire, limited and collab units are however not available with thoses.

It's also important to mention that units can be upgraded, and are not stuck at their base level. Currently the highest a unit can go is 7★ for base 5★ ones. If you wish to know the maximum rarity of a unit use the Exvius wiki (linked below).

Awakening an unit to 7★ is a bit different, you need a level 100 6★ unit and its prism, which is a same dupe unit converted to an awakening material (star rank doesn't matter), only to be used by the same unit name. For more information, see the useful link section below.
It'll also unlock that unit's Super Trust Mastery which require 2 more 5★ or 6★ of the same unit to be fused to it, or one 7★. /!\Do not convert them to prisms for the Super Trust Mastery reward, it is only need for awakening /!\

Lapis

Lapis is the in game currency. You can acquire this via:

• Daily Quests. Everyday there is a list of quests that you can complete for certain rewards. If you complete 5 of the 6 challenges you will be given 50 lapis.

• Daily Logins and special Logins Event. Everyday you get various stuff including Lapis and Summon Ticket, from time to time there will be additionnal login event with special rewards. Sometime there is even a "Lapis summon" banner in which you can get 50 to 10k Lapis for free.

• Missions. These are challenges that come with every quest.

• Reward Wheel. Everyday you can watch 5 ads to get Lapis or Energy Bottle (1 bottle restore 10 energy)

• Trophies. These are challenges that you will complete by doing generic tasks throughout the game. These are usually long terms challenges, but the reward for completing each one is 500 lapis.

• Real World Currency. The reality is that this is a gacha game, and in order to obtain a substantial amount of lapis in a short period of time you will need to spend money. It is very possible to be F2P and be able to complete all the content, but remember that it's important to spend your lapis wisely.
Events

Every Friday a new event is added to the game. These usually follow the theme of the new banner and also last 2 weeks.

Mog King Events are a grind type event. You take on a boss and every time you defeat it you gain a special event currency. This currency can be traded into the mog king for prizes. Materials, tickets, exclusive gear, the list goes on. Having the corresponding banner units in your party will give you a bonus amount of event currency upon completion.

Story Events. You follow a short story about the featured units, in those event you go through cutscenes, normal and boss battles. You can also test those featured units as they'll be available to pick up in the friend selection. The second week of those events have bonus stages with a lot of ability awakening crysts (see below)

Raids. Currently we have only had one of these. They are not your typical MMO style raid, and are closer to the Mog King events. You simply have to defeat the boss, but rather than obtaining currency you gain points. Prizes are given at set total point thresholds, and there are two prize ladders. One for your individual point total, and one for the point total of everyone currently playing.

Steel Castle Melfikya. Basically Item World if you happen to know about Disgaea, you choose a weapon and go into 10 battles to gain advantage like more stats, the higher you go, the higher the chances to get good attributes. If you die, you'll lose what you got in the current run but you can leave the Castle anytime and keep what you got on your weapons. Rerunning the event with the same weapon will ask you at the end to either get the new attributes or keep the old ones.

Because of the weekly events and banner changes there is usually maintenance every Thursday.

Trust Masteries

You'll notice that each of your units have a percentage that occasionally goes up after a battle. This is their Trust Mastery. These are can be powerful items, spells, or abilities, and as such some units are sought after purely for their trust mastery. Units have a 10% chance to gain a 0.1% increase every battle. This is not something you need to worry about too much early game.
There is also special units called "Trust Moogle" that can increase the trust of one of your unit by 1%/5%/10% if fused to it.

Ability Awakening

As the game progresses older and less powerful units become outclassed by the newer and stronger units. However Ability Awakenings allow older units to increase the power of some of their abilities. In order to do this you need Ability Awakening Crystals and Gil. The crystals range from 5 levels and come in various colors. The level 1-4 crystals can be farmed from the Chamber of Gems in the Vortex of Desires, and the level 5 crystals can be obtained through various events. Each unit and move will require different gems to awaken them.

Useful Links

We're a friendly community here, so any information that you cannot find simply ask and someone will provide you with the information you require.

Exvius Wiki
FFBE Reddit
Official 7★ Awakening guide
Unit Builder
GL and JP Weapons and Armors List
Official Thread 1

Last edited:

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Cool banner! Thanks for throwing this up. Might I suggest adding in the OP how to create a 7* for new players? That way they don't get confused and fuse a dupe without the conversion process...

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Done, I'm just glad I could post it before it disappear again with the saved draft feature, haha.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I did it with TTs as well back when it came out, and I would actually recommend switching to a magic tank and just buffing everyone's light resistance, since Sacred Cannon ignores cover either way and most of the damage is magical. I think this will greatly improve your survivability.

And maybe have an AoE reraise up for turn 4.

I'll give this a try next time I have time to burn on a trial. Going seriously piss me off if that is all it takes for me to clear this.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So... an odd thought crossed my mind today.

What if the next week's banner isn't an Easter banner, like most are thinking?

We're heading into a "Spring" event, right? What if next week's event is a Spring Break event, featuring Fid? To add more smoke to the fire, some people reported after the last maintenance that Fid was showing up in their unit guide. Fid and Crimson were released at the same time on JP, just on different banners. Hrmm...

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
To be fair, we had to start all over when we changed sites. I do miss some of the old posters that moved on and some surprised me. Particularly I thought Zera would still be playing.

Hmm Fid came out around the same time? It feels too soon to get another breaker after 7* Lid, Krysta, Loren, Auron.... Apparently this pair is teh uber at their role though and still used in many a trial in Japan. I have a 7* Lid and Auron though, dammit!

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
my question is, how the hell do people even collect 150,000 orbs when the NRG for these events are so high and when you usually get like 200 orbs per fight >.>

Bonus units. You need to bring bonus units to Mog King events to get enough resources to buy what you need in the shop. My general rule is I spend tickets on every Mog King banner until I get between two and three bonus units of any rarity, then rely on 7* friend units to help cover the gap.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
my question is, how the hell do people even collect 150,000 orbs when the NRG for these events are so high and when you usually get like 200 orbs per fight >.>

If you read the event news and scroll down to character bonuses, you will see which units bring extra currency when in the party.

Also, energy increases with your rank, so it's not that painful to do 40 NRG LGD runs when you have 150-200ish in total and no other thing to blow it on.

Oct 31, 2017
Bonus units. You need to bring bonus units to Mog King events to get enough resources to buy what you need in the shop. My general rule is I spend tickets on every Mog King banner until I get between two and three bonus units of any rarity, then rely on 7* friend units to help cover the gap.

Oh wow I didn't know this. Thanks!!!

If you read the event news and scroll down to character bonuses, you will see which units bring extra currency when in the party.

I also didn't know this. Thank you!!

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
Fresh new OT :O

I guess I will try to come post a bit more often then. Got a Lucky Elly with a random ticket today, should I go all in on her or keep waiting until they free Akstar from release hell?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for making new OT Kourio, nice title we definitely need more fina to gacha, like 666th version of Fina.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Hey new thread!

My New Thread's Resolution is going to be to finish all the 3* esper fights before OT3!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making new OT Kourio, nice title we definitely need more fina to gacha, like 666th version of Fina.
Chocobo Fina, Kimono Fina, Summer Fina & Lid, everyone is Fina!
Featured banner units give bonus % + doing the hardest stage and the daily bonus wave at 5 NRG, a 7* unit (or friend) give 200% bonus each.
Watching the reward wheel everyday give tons of energy potions too.
Japan event got a UoC at 300k currency at this point.

Last edited:

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Emperor Shera from the mogking 5* and a 2nd Rem from yesterday's EX ticket. Looks like Rem does have a nice CD skill in a reraise all with damage mitigation, and she can chain tornado/quake... but not enough of a game-changer to push to awaken/level right now (already have Eiko and not really dying for another 7* healer, even a chain-hybrid one).

Emp Shera's TM might be useful for my Onion Knights, but I already hit the ATK cap on one of them anyway so it's not an instant moogle for me.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
God having bonus units for the Mog King event makes everything SO MUCH easier. I'm running three Reis and a Worker 8 and it makes a huge difference (my friends units are the ones who kill everything anyway and I'm bringing my Bart to break the boss's defenses just in case). I already bought my 5* ticket and got a Fryevia and I'm halfway through for my UoC ticket.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Re-pasting here for new thread in case everyone already moved to the new OT.

Is it better to have 1 7* Elly and 1 6* Elly or a 7* Fei? I have 5 xenogears tickets to trade in and I'm not sure if I should get another Elly or Fei.

Edit: Also congrats on the new OT!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Game is up.

Is it better to have 1 7* Elly and 1 6* Elly or a 7* Fei? I have 5 xenogears tickets to trade in and I'm not sure if I should get another Elly or Fei.

I would go to 2x Elly as in 7* her. There are many Elly friends in Era. But not sure if its what others would do.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Consensus is that Elly is the better of the two. But, if your team needs a chainer more, go with Fei.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

If you're saying that you already have one 7* Elly and ask about getting another one stuck at 6* or be able to 7* Fei, go with Fei, there will be enouh Elly friends to chain with, and soonish we'll be able to put 5 shareable friend units so lots of options.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much what Kourio said - if you're asking if it's better to have one 7* Elly and a second 6* Elly or one 7* Elly and a 7* Fei, absolutely go with Fei. You don't need a second unawakened Elly, you'll always have chain partners for her moving forward.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So Octopath releasing on Stream early June, collab time?
Both Olberic and Primrose are pretty good units.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Nice to see some familiar faces here! I'm more of an Opera Omnia player but I started playing Brave exvius again once the Xenogears collab started. Lol, dont judge.. Xenogears is my favourite game ever and I had to go back for them even though I didn't really enjoy this game 2 years ago ish. However, I am now at the beginning of season 2 and just took out Hyoh in Aldore tower Zenith. I spent almost all of last week auto battling the story for lapis from chapter 3.... yep that's how much Xenogears means to me. Anyway, I ended up with 40k as of last night. I did a couple of ticket pulls and got ELLY ON MY LAST TICKET. I was too happy.... and Elly is one of the best characters in gaming ever and easily very memorable for me! Now I went to do the step up summon and got Bart AND another Elly. I turned Elly into a 7 star and realized I had her TMR maxed from all the trust moogles in the raid I got for the psycho rod.

Now, however... I'm faced with a dilemma. It's relatively still early game for me so I'm not sure if STMR matters but I was thinking of using the tickets (I have 8 of them) for another Elly so I can get her STMR once trust shop exchange for her is available. OR, I can 7 star Bart by getting him through the ticket exchange. OR I can get a lone Fei to complete my XG party.... until Citan and Maria show up.

What should I do? Elly's STMR looks incredibly strong but chasing it means I'm waiting months. Do I gamble on my 20k leftover Lapis for another Elly dupe?

Oh and if it matters.... The other 5 stars I have are Jecht, Ashe, Folka, and I 6 stared my Emeralda who's TMR is on Elly now.

I could also use some friends so here is my ID 212,854,610. My Elly isn't much atm but I will make her the strongest :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see some familiar faces here! I'm more of an Opera Omnia player but I started playing Brave exvius again once the Xenogears collab started. Lol, dont judge.. Xenogears is my favourite game ever and I had to go back for them even though I didn't really enjoy this game 2 years ago ish. However, I am now at the beginning of season 2 and just took out Hyoh in Aldore tower Zenith. I spent almost all of last week auto battling the story for lapis from chapter 3.... yep that's how much Xenogears means to me. Anyway, I ended up with 40k as of last night. I did a couple of ticket pulls and got ELLY ON MY LAST TICKET. I was too happy.... and Elly is one of the best characters in gaming ever and easily very memorable for me! Now I went to do the step up summon and got Bart AND another Elly. I turned Elly into a 7 star and realized I had her TMR maxed from all the trust moogles in the raid I got for the psycho rod.

Now, however... I'm faced with a dilemma. It's relatively still early game for me so I'm not sure if STMR matters but I was thinking of using the tickets (I have 8 of them) for another Elly so I can get her STMR once trust shop exchange for her is available. OR, I can 7 star Bart by getting him through the ticket exchange. OR I can get a lone Fei to complete my XG party.... until Citan and Maria show up.

What should I do? Elly's STMR looks incredibly strong but chasing it means I'm waiting months. Do I gamble on my 20k leftover Lapis for another Elly dupe?

Oh and if it matters.... The other 5 stars I have are Jecht, Ashe, Folka, and I 6 stared my Emeralda who's TMR is on Elly now.

I could also use some friends so here is my ID 212,854,610. My Elly isn't much atm but I will make her the strongest :)

That's a pretty complicated scenario. Elly's super trust is really good, but if you're a relatively new player I"m not sure I would break the bank trying to get it. Who do you have, chainers-wise?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I have a sudden pulling itch, man I really hope next Mog King event will be FF IV.
At least we're getting some free pulls starting tomorrow.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview

Xenogears is also my favorite game ever. I went hard on the Xenogears banner and spent 47k plus the few tickets I had left. Ended up with 3 Barts, 2 Fei, and then bought 2 Ellys with the FEB tickets. I'm dreading the money I'm going to have to spend on Citan if I don't get lucky.

Tough call in your situation. If you really, really want all the characters, there's no shame in going for Fei. Elly's STMR is great, but Bart is a really good unit with a lot of utility and people use him a lot for future content.

Since you're at 8 tickets you'd only need to spend 10k lapis to get 2 more. You could get both Bart and Elly with 10 tickets.

I'll send you a friend request. Also feel free to join the Era FFBE Discord.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
I would go to 2x Elly as in 7* her. There are many Elly friends in Era. But not sure if its what others would do.
Consensus is that Elly is the better of the two. But, if your team needs a chainer more, go with Fei.
If you're saying that you already have one 7* Elly and ask about getting another one stuck at 6* or be able to 7* Fei, go with Fei, there will be enouh Elly friends to chain with, and soonish we'll be able to put 5 shareable friend units so lots of options.
Pretty much what Kourio said - if you're asking if it's better to have one 7* Elly and a second 6* Elly or one 7* Elly and a 7* Fei, absolutely go with Fei. You don't need a second unawakened Elly, you'll always have chain partners for her moving forward.

Thanks for the advice guys. Kouriozan and PlanetSmasher was right on the mark on what I was trying to ask.

For Super trust mastery, can I use those awakening prisms to increase that value or is it just the character units?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Spent 1 4* ticket on the Crimson banner and got Kyanos. I'm done.
Trying to do the Dark Shiva/Ifrit with Cid is kind of a slog, you can't damage Ifrit with more than 20% HP at a time, since he retaliates with a devastating non-coverable AoE.

I got the fight down and now it's just waiting time for properly geared Folkas to appear in my friends list.

https://dm.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvi...liance_on_friend_units_kills_the_game_for_me/

elytraxp Not enough cats 219 points 8 hours ago
Thanks for posting this! I've actually seen this requested before and have discussed it with the team. :)

Not sure if the dev team will take this into account but at least Elytra is trying. It would be awesome to be able to bring your own 6th unit in place of a friend. Especially moving forward, when trials will have more and more specific requirements.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Spent 1 4* ticket on the Crimson banner and got Kyanos. I'm done.
Trying to do the Dark Shiva/Ifrit with Cid is kind of a slog, you can't damage Ifrit with more than 20% HP at a time, since he retaliates with a devastating non-coverable AoE.

I got the fight down and now it's just waiting time for properly geared Folkas to appear in my friends list.

https://dm.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvi...liance_on_friend_units_kills_the_game_for_me/

Not sure if the dev team will take this into account but at least Elytra is trying. It would be awesome to be able to bring your own 6th unit in place of a friend. Especially moving forward, when trials will have more and more specific requirements.
That would be amazing news for me, as nobody is going to pull for Golbez lol

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Oh thanks a lot!
240% min overall res for fire, water, wind and dark combined should be enough, and the esper can be whatever you want.

Started building before your post. Checked that S&I wont do Light damage and thus equipped with Diabolos.

Have fun, just check that she really is my friend unit before going in. Kinda hating that I don't see anymore that "Friends thing".

Screenshot_20190412-134218.png
Screenshot_20190412-134225.png
Screenshot_20190412-134230.png

:)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got Kyanos in one single 4* ticket too, but I doubt I'll ever use her TM, never say never right?
Edit : and one Mirfas in 5 tickets in case I don't have enough SPR for the parameter missions, whenever we get them.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice guys. Kouriozan and PlanetSmasher was right on the mark on what I was trying to ask.

For Super trust mastery, can I use those awakening prisms to increase that value or is it just the character units?

You would need a third copy of the unit to put the awakening prism into in order to get a super trust. They're not a fusion item, they're an awakening material, so if you have a 7* unit and an extra awakening prism you can't do anything with said prism until you pull a third copy of the actual unit.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Primrose's LB is 5 turns 200% all stats with HP/MP regen included and give 6 limit stone to everyone, that's so broken.
Let's hope we'll indeed get this in June.

Edit : March on Tiamat surprised me how weak it is, the hardest part is getting a limit ready, haha.

First boss on the bonus stage need mages or hybrid (15k def) and well... *look at his unit list* I'm f*cked...

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Rixa I did a dumb thing and pushed Ifrit below 61% and he destroyed me (mag tank strat). Would you terribly mind leaving Folka up for a couple more hours? I'm gonna pay attention and try to go for the kill from 61+% this time.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Rixa I did a dumb thing and pushed Ifrit below 61% and he destroyed me (mag tank strat). Would you terribly mind leaving Folka up for a couple more hours? I'm gonna pay attention and try to go for the kill from 61+% this time.

Oh sure. It can be there as long as you need it. I don't mind if someone kicks me from friendlist having "wrong" unit there. But I doubt it will happen :).
I think I grab a beer (holiday started today few h ago) and do something in BE. Atleast do that Tamat whatever it is :D

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
New OT yay!!

Just a quick question, but is there any reason to hold on to any of the raid specific materials for the future? I already crafted the one armor piece from it but now I have a bunch of leftover stuff I'm not sure what to do with.