• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm waiting to pull tomorrow cause you never know if that ex ticket will be a XG unit. I plan on doing the Maria/Citan step up and also the Fei/Elly/Bart one possibly depending how lucky I get. Elly's STMR could be possible and I'd love that. Will burn all my tickets... so about 35 of em first. Then I will burn all 55k lapis.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget that if you only get of the unit you want and are patient enough (about 6 months), there will be Xenogears prisms in the trust shop.
Japan also got a rerun recently.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the step-up. Two more Marias. Still no Citan.

Christ, this game hates me so much.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got kinda lucky here recently. Pulled an Esther on the daily half off just before the featured units changed. Her sprite is super cute. Then pulled my second Elly with yesterday's EX ticket. Wasn't expecting her in that pool so that was a nice suprise. Not sure if I'm going to go for any of the new Xeno units although I would like Citan. Have to save for Aerith and Red XIII though.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Don't forget that if you only get of the unit you want and are patient enough (about 6 months), there will be Xenogears prisms in the trust shop.
Japan also got a rerun recently.

That's true and wow a rerun? Here I thought they were never coming back. Thanks for that because I can remain calm if I dont pull Fei or a second Citan lol.

Finished the step-up. Two more Marias. Still no Citan.

Christ, this game hates me so much.

Huh, what's so bad about Maria? Her STMR kinda looks solid to me :o

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, what's so bad about Maria? Her STMR kinda looks solid to me :o

I have Elly. The last thing I need is a mage that's worse than Elly in every way when I'm seriously lacking in competitive physical chainers.

Doesn't help that Maria is only good against enemies that are weak to fire because her non-elemental chain skill is shared with nobody.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I have Elly. The last thing I need is a mage that's worse than Elly in every way when I'm seriously lacking in competitive physical chainers.

Doesn't help that Maria is only good against enemies that are weak to fire because her non-elemental chain skill is shared with nobody.

Ah I'm not very invested in the meta. I only started playing weeks ago again when Xenogears part 1 was up. I just want a copy of every XG character and I'll be happy but I think I'll start investing in the meta once I'm done with story. Already at season 2 chapter 6 now. It helps cause the story is actually really enjoyable despite the cliches that happen.

Elly has been carrying me through it and Bartz lol. It's great.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah I'm not very invested in the meta. I only started playing weeks ago again when Xenogears part 1 was up. I just want a copy of every XG character and I'll be happy but I think I'll start investing in the meta once I'm done with story. Already at season 2 chapter 6 now. It helps cause the story is actually really enjoyable despite the cliches that happen.

Elly has been carrying me through it and Bartz lol. It's great.

Elly's an absolute monster. One of the best mages in the game for a long while, so you'll get a lot of mileage out of her as you go. She'll slaughter a lot of trial bosses, too.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Summoned 1k Lapis, my highest so far!

471b7b1f-af76-4e82-9ad2krm.png

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Snagged a Folka with this month's EX tix. Can't 7* her, but I can fuck with her TMR for sure

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
5* ticket was my third Cid, meaning my streak of useless rainbows continues unimpeded. Christ.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
3 > 5, don't be so hard on yourself Smash the luck comes and goes in waves, and honestly expectations for 5* EX tickets have to be set real low due to the dilution of the pool. If you got something you could still get a potential STMR from in the future that's better than getting a 5th+ of something else.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
3 > 5, don't be so hard on yourself Smash the luck comes and goes in waves, and honestly expectations for 5* EX tickets have to be set real low due to the dilution of the pool. If you got something you could still get a potential STMR from in the future that's better than getting a 5th+ of something else.

It's just been so long since I've pulled anything good, and getting screwed out of Esther, Citan AND Axter all at once really kinda fucks up my plans moving forward.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if for the 3rd anniversary special tickets, Gumi will get rid of UoC in the pool High chances they will

x8vv9yfgjj0z.png

The weird looking ~cites are used in the Japanese version to fight 3* espers.

Last edited:

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
I got really lucky, I think...

Decided to use all my regular ticktets up since I was bored and like the look of most the Xeonogears cast. Will get around to playing it one day hopefully.

Only had 20 or so (and only 5 being 4* + guarenteed). Got 2 Rainbows - both Citan.

I think I can safely say my luck is now exhausted and I will not be getting an Aerith.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
It's just been so long since I've pulled anything good, and getting screwed out of Esther, Citan AND Axter all at once really kinda fucks up my plans moving forward.
Got UoC? Well worth using them for a meta jump this big. I have a feeling we're gonna see friends lists full of Esther for the next 6 months the same way we've seen Hyohs

I got really lucky, I think...

Decided to use all my regular ticktets up since I was bored and like the look of most the Xeonogears cast. Will get around to playing it one day hopefully.

Only had 20 or so (and only 5 being 4* + guarenteed). Got 2 Rainbows - both Citan.

I think I can safely say my luck is now exhausted and I will not be getting an Aerith.
Yes 2 rainbows in 20 tickets is very lucky and for both of them to be on banner AND the same unit AND the better of the two units is even more immense. Send Smash your energy!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got UoC? Well worth using them for a meta jump this big. I have a feeling we're gonna see friends lists full of Esther for the next 6 months the same way we've seen Hyohs

I just don't like using my UoCs, I always feel buyers' remorse when I spend them. But at this point, maybe I have to. Sigh.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Story is back in expensive NRG times. One fight costs 15 nrg, middlefinger to Gumi. There is no reason to put one fight to cost over 1 hour energy gains.

Sold >500 turtles for ~17m gil
Had 2391 / 2200 total inventory
310/1500 fusion inventory now, made about 20 maxed cactuars (by fusing first to level 49 and then to 60).
Got 81 maxed cactuars total.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Something that really irritates me is how some raids' (but not all?) materials only stack to 199 when we KNOW that some material items can stack to like 99999 or whatever. So I have stacks upon stacks of older raid mats taking up space in my bags when they should only be taking up like 4 slots per raid.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm getting jelly of people who got Elephim, she really become OP after her enhancement.
Looks like CG Charlotte is another must pull, I mean look at her LB

4 Turn 80% Chance to Defend Allies from Magic (Reduce Damage 50-70%) & AoE 4 Turn 50% Damage Reduction

And WTF at the 4* TM on her banner "[Heavy Armor]+40 DEF, +101 SPR & 5% MP/Turn ", are we finally in era of good 4* TMs?!
I need to keep in mind Heliak too, on Sol's banner, her TM is perfect for Golbez

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
My pulls went supremely well like last time! Actually, this game knows Xenogears is my favourite video game lmao. I pulled on the step up Citan/Maria banner and Got Citan and Maria on step 4 and then Citan on step 5. Citan is the better unit right? Couldn't be more happy. Tickets gave me no rainbows but my 5 star guaranteed ticket was Veritas of the Light. Not sure if she's good but it's cool I guess!

39K lapis remaining. The question is since I have a 7 star Citan now.... and 4 UoC tickets... I could get Elly's STMR with that ticket or wait for the trust coins shop prism. It's a pretty tough decision. Not sure what to do. Maybe I could do the other step up and gamble on a possible Fei/Elly? Bart is already 7 star though so if I get another I guess his STMR is useful... Alternatively, I could do the full step up still and get 3 more tickets and then two multi pulls for 5 UoC tickets again. Any advice?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
And WTF at the 4* TM on her banner "[Heavy Armor]+40 DEF, +101 SPR & 5% MP/Turn ", are we finally in era of good 4* TMs?!

Its called power creep and I hate it. At this rate 4* will have better TM's than some stmr. Oh well sad times, I need ~1200 Lapis before Friday day change. Story is done but I think I have 1-2 explorations undone prolly need to do those then ads / arena (lose 5 times) / daily q / today tomorrow 100 login Lapis, hopefully something else than 50 from Lapis summon.

Going to be close, target is to do 3rd step of Easter banner before it goes away.

Ender

Oct 29, 2017
I did the Xenogears step up and didn't get anything until step 5 where I got 3 Citan.
Even though I wanted all the units I'm ok with not getting a Maria.

The question is should I get a Citan #4 or Elly #3 with the XG UoC tickets and later #4 with the coins for the stmr?

May 31, 2018
Did my free daily today and got my first Wilhelm (about damn time). I have a Sieghard 7 star so I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Esther banner changes my plans a lot. Skipping Akstar completely now.....dang.

Skipping Xenogears part 2.

MIGHT pull for Regina, tickets only.

MIGHT pull for Sol, tickets only.

Basically skipping everything until the Lenna/Bartz FF5 banner. I will Prism Moogle CG Lightning moogle for the TMR.

After that......CG WoL and CG Rain

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Spent the last 4* summon ticket from the raid summon.

Super trust mastery for one of the worst units they've put out in a long time. This game needs to give me a fucking break.

Christ, all I needed was one Citan. Why is that too much to ask, Gumi?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Spent the last 4* summon ticket from the raid summon.

Super trust mastery for one of the worst units they've put out in a long time. This game needs to give me a fucking break.

Christ, all I needed was one Citan. Why is that too much to ask, Gumi?

I have been reading around and people say Maria is fantastic in the future.

EDIT: Did the other step up. GOT FEI SO I NOW HAVE EVERY SINGLE XENOGEARS UNIT. I couldn't be happier!! I now have a full house of my favourites.

Also got two additional Bartz so that's STMR Bartz. Now my Tickets will have to go to either another Fei, Elly, or Maria..

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have been reading around and people say Maria is fantastic in the future.

EDIT: Did the other step up. GOT FEI SO I NOW HAVE EVERY SINGLE XENOGEARS UNIT. I couldn't be happier.

Also got two additional Bartz so that's STMR Bartz. Now my Tickets will have to go to either another Fei, Elly, or Maria..

Maria is an okay fire chainer. But there's zero point in ever using her because she doesn't link up with anyone but dupes. The other fire mage chainers are all Chaos Wave frames, and her fire moves are Absolute Mirror of Equity frames.

She's useless.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Maria is an okay fire chainer. But there's zero point in ever using her because she doesn't link up with anyone but dupes. The other fire mage chainers are all Chaos Wave frames, and her fir4e moves are Absolute Mirror of Equity frames.

She's useless.

In that case I will not think about getting another Maria to 7 star then...... I guess it's between Elly's STMR or 7 star Fei. I think Elly is the better investment as I could just wait for Fei's prism.... besides Elly is my favourite of the bunch.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
In that case I will not think about getting another Maria to 7 star then...... I guess it's between Elly's STMR or 7 star Fei. I think Elly is the better investment as I could just wait for Fei's prism.... besides Elly is my favourite of the bunch.

Elly's STMR is monstrously good. I would definitely do that rather than trying to make multiple 7* Marias.

Fei's 7* is fine, but you won't use it much. Go for the Elly super trust for sure.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I think I made 9 explorations yesterday. Funny how slow they are nowadays, transition from map to battle is so slow like 10 seconds or so (picture freezes and then you wait and then combat starts).

Anyways got 900 Lapis and that meant I can do Easter banner step 3.

Screenshot_20190429-195631.png

I need to start to think that G5 unit in these guaranteed pulls is just G5 ticket. Banner rates can kick bucket. Mission done, 7* Esther, too bad I can't get ATK high enough, don't have Hyoh so second best tm option to chest slot (Fryevias suit) is not enough.

Bunnygirl that uses robes and has fuckton of hp.

Oct 31, 2017
Well I've officially caught up with the story. Now I'm bored :( not down for the glacial pacing of story updates. Like all that's left now is grinding Vortex stuff, or attempting to kill the insanely overpowered Vortex stuff.

I can't even attempt the Asura stuff because I have to be rank 106 for whatever reason and I'm only rank 87. Ugh

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I can't even attempt the Asura stuff because I have to be rank 106 for whatever reason and I'm only rank 87. Ugh

What?
There is artificial rank limit to get to Asura?

I mean I haven't bothered to check Asura at all, but rank limits are stupid.
First we had Trials to be locked that you need to clear them in order.
Then we get rank limits.

Lol this game continues to surprise.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
What?
There is artificial rank limit to get to Asura?

I mean I haven't bothered to check Asura at all, but rank limits are stupid.
First we had Trials to be locked that you need to clear them in order.
Then we get rank limits.

Lol this game continues to surprise.

It's 108 (which is a sacred number in many religions) and it's a lore thing related to the esper herself.
The only trial that has you be a certain rank.

I'd say that below that rank you won't be able to do much to Asura anyway unless you're a mega whale or something.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a streak with those lapis summon, 2 days ago I got 1k, yesterday 300 and now :

Edit : reward wheel as well!

1275371f-a8d5-4dbb-952fkgt.png
66b17e40-061b-409f-8e6gjz4.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
MY TIME HAS COME

6d680615-6691-4da1-a9ggjfl.png

10k step-up :
1st step = 1k Lapis / 5% Moogle / 1.5x Golbez rates
2nd = 2k Lapis / 10% Moogle / 2x Golbez rates
3rd = 3k Lapis / 1x 4* Ticket / 2x Golbez rates
4th = 4k Lapis / 1 guaranted rainbow / 3x Golbez rates

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering replacing my 7* Dark Fina with 7* Lulu, is this a good idea?

Lulu and Dark Fina are fairly similar units, but Lulu gets Flood chains while Dark Fina gets Quake chains. Neither one is particularly good, so you'll probably be using both of them for Tornado chaining, which is way more common overall. I would say just use whichever one you want.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
For Arena I use either tornado chains with D.Fina and Summer D.Fina, or when it's banned, Flood chains with Nichol and Summer D.Fina
Friday I won't have to worry about banned element anymore with Golbez though.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
+ these

c469317f-9654-46ad-94kjkd1.png

Apparently 30% tickets were so good Gumi had to change it to needing 4 30% tickets to summon an unit on a time limited banners

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
+ these

c469317f-9654-46ad-94kjkd1.png

Apparently 30% tickets were so good Gumi had to change it to needing 4 30% tickets to summon an unit on a time limited banners

Not quite. If you're talking about the Easter banner that's still up, the 30% limited banner ticket pull is a GUARANTEED RAINBOW summon that has a 30% chance at being a featured unit. That's why it takes four shards rather than just one.