• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
MY TIME HAS COME

6d680615-6691-4da1-a9ggjfl.png

10k step-up :
1st step = 1k Lapis / 5% Moogle / 1.5x Golbez rates
2nd = 2k Lapis / 10% Moogle / 2x Golbez rates
3rd = 3k Lapis / 1x 4* Ticket / 2x Golbez rates
4th = 4k Lapis / 1 guaranted rainbow / 3x Golbez rates

How do you get so much Lapis? Have you never pulled the whole time the game has been going?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get so much Lapis? Have you never pulled the whole time the game has been going?
Basically, after getting Hope and Agrias (base 4*) pop out of rainbow crystals in December 2016, in the same 10+1 which had 1% rainbow rates then, I decided to only pull for units I really want, so it's essentially 2 years of hoarding with some pulling here and there, like 2 months ago with Ignacio.

I also pulled for Folka/Sieghard/Hyoh/Awakened Rain in the past 8 months.

Combine that with lucky free/off-banner pulls like 7* Loren/Lid/Barbariccia/etc, I didn't feel the need to summon.

Not quite. If you're talking about the Easter banner that's still up, the 30% limited banner ticket pull is a GUARANTEED RAINBOW summon that has a 30% chance at being a featured unit. That's why it takes four shards rather than just one.
I see, it's slightly better then.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So decide to do the parameter missions some of them were really hard (looking at you MP), and only have one left the SPR, right now my Ayaka hit 1,736 SPR with my best equipment and Carbuncle in lvl 52, dont know what to get to hit 1,850 (seriously I even got Rem STMR and still not close to hit that number).

.n_n.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
+ these

c469317f-9654-46ad-94kjkd1.png

Apparently 30% tickets were so good Gumi had to change it to needing 4 30% tickets to summon an unit on a time limited banners
When I saw the banner I thought to come here and wish you the best of luck.
But seeing how much Lapis and tickets you got... daaaaaaaaamn... it's not needed. Best to continue tryna channel the luck to PlanetSmasher.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I see, it's slightly better then.

Less better and more different, I'd say. The 30% featured guaranteed 5* tickets are basically for people who pull really hard on the banner, and even then you can use one and get screwed by a Lightning or a DKC.

Separate from them, you can still use regular 30% rainbow tickets, they're an entirely separate mechanic.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I bought enough Lapis to do one last 11 pull on the Xenogears banner. I got another Elly. That's four so far in these two Xenogears events. At least I'll have enough tickets after one or two more Deus raids to buy another Citan to make a 7* Citan. I would have liked to seven starred them all, but I didn't get any spare Marias.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I bought enough Lapis to do one last 11 pull on the Xenogears banner. I got another Elly. That's four so far in these two Xenogears events. At least I'll have enough tickets after one or two more Deus raids to buy another Citan to make a 7* Citan. I would have liked to seven starred them all, but I didn't get any spare Marias.

If only I could give you some of mine. God, she sucks.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I quickly did the mad doll trial for that accesory with only Esther friend as damage dealer and she carried me lmao

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Aerith/Red XIII event will be on the 24th?
We got news about the guaranted special 5* ticket (not the UoC one) you can buy with the Mog King event and it say on this Friday and one on the 24th.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I dont or ever will play this game again - just here to wish Kou good luck on the Golbez banner.
(not that you gonna need it with your funds - but still xD )

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Are we Friday yet?! I guess with the maintenance I'll know what global upgrade he'll get.

By the way, anyone here will get Esther with UoC? Akstar's coming next week and Gumi will want to find a way to make people pull for him, might be buff or cheaper step up or even some goodies with each summon. one "free" Summer Fina + Lid?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

It's been 3 years of open beta.... my how the time flies.

Now, I've become quite a bit more cynical towards FFBE over the last three years. But, call me crazy, I think you might have slightly overprepared for this banner. Maybe.

By the way, anyone here will get Esther with UoC?

I was planning to, but couldn't pull a single one, so she's a pass for me. I'm pretty much on lockdown until Anniversary, although Aerith is going to seriously tempt me to break that committment.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Pumped for my boy Kouri, it's your FFVIII banner ;p Like me, you'll give no bleeps that your man isn't uber meta and go hard to get all you want from it. You'll relish seeing him in his animations every battle and it will be worth it. Plus, he's still going to be a good mage just as Squall has served as a solid finisher (and is amazing for elemental objectives in story missions) despite the hate he gets for this game. Get your Golbez, good sir! I look forward to milking that 300% when farming the event haha I look forward to you posting how much of the currency you get after a run with bonus enemies with all the bonus units you'll be running!

It's going to be so weird when Akstar hits, from nearly every one pulling for him to barely anyone now. Mostly people that couldn't land Esther I suppose. Not even buffing can save him when Esther is THAT far ahead of him and it's hard to imagine him getting that significant a bump. I'm trying to decide what my next 5* pull will be. Now that I have Fina at 7* finally it's not as tempting to upgrade healer but I might still do it. I was thinking Lenna since Bartz is a much better consolation prize than Red XIII but I want nothing to do with the TDW meta. You need to both have two great weapons for each TDW unit AND you need to get both Lightning and Bartz's tmrs to truly take advantage of it....no thanks! At this point in the game we have a number of TDH gear options and only need half the amount of good weapons. So Esther has me set until S3 Rain. Also, I don't like the stacking mechanic for the damage dealers coming up so another reason to wait for Rain. Although I might wait until Noctis as Rain was brought back to share his banner.

With Sylvie, I don't need Fid but I'll take a look at Fidra's skill set to see if I should get them since they are used in so many trials but I have Sylvie and CG Nichol so probably set at support and I have both Auron and CG Lid for breaking. Now that I have Awakened Rain at 7* finally, I could skip CG Charlotte. I'd like WoL but don't know that I'll need an upgrade from Siegfried that soon. I guess we'll see what the state of the game is at that point. So really I'm probably in a place where I only bother with major upgrades for roles from what I have but actually, I could probably use a stronger mage as Barb is my strongest. Maybe I'll go for Sol or wait for CG Dark Fina. Basically will keep an eye on what hits Japan by the time we get to the end of the year and decide accordingly.

I'm trying to think of what to do for my other ATK unit option though. Right now I have Jecht in but he can't chain with Esther so it seems really inefficient to use him. As I'll be using friend Esther's, maybe I shouldn't worry about having my own second chainer? I could have Squall in as the finisher and maybe have either a buffer or breaker in the main team. I could grab Akstar and then have him chain with Auron while Esther chains with friend Esther. Hmmm

Edit: I know the proper answer is doesn't matter because me team will crush most content anyway and then the trials require specific types of units for easier completion which would dictate my team composition. I'm waiting for more beat x trial with Esther and Sylvie guides haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys.
I finally made 3 Genbu rings and I feel bad for not doing it before considering it's still a upgrade to Arsha Talismand and Domino boots

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Golbez's upgrade is just being able to multicast both his CD (in Japan it was only the second one)
Nice, but that won't change the fact that hardly anyone will pull him. He needed more turns with quad-cast though or just unlock it with LB.

Oh and Barbariccia's Power is still not Tornado frames despite her being the 5* fiend here :(

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
What should I do with 100% TM units that can't be exchanged for Trust Coins such as Prism Moogles or the units pulled from raid summons? Sell them for Gil?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So I did a test stream on Discord in preparation to tomorrow's one

Used 30 EX tickets since those are pretty useless right, still got 3 rainbows out of it >.<
2 new, 1 dupe Jecht / DK Luneth / T.Terra

Anyway, see you tomorrow on Discord near reset time for my Golbez pulls!

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Is Golbez worth the 10k step up or should I save for Akstar? I am using Dark Fina but thinking to switching to Trance Terra but if new Golbez is better I will switch to him.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Is there a unit I should use my 100% trust moogle on? For reference my 5 stars are every Xenogears character, Folka 6 star, Dark Fina, Ashe, Lightning, Veritas of Light. Not much else atm. Still very young etc etc. For the XG characters I have all of their TMR already.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a unit I should use my 100% trust moogle on? For reference my 5 stars are every Xenogears character, Folka 6 star, Dark Fina, Ashe, Lightning, Veritas of Light. Not much else atm. Still very young etc etc. For the XG characters I have all of their TMR already.

I would wait the day you get some 7* unit who you are going to use (and then ask here before using the 100% all moogle). Cause usually 7* units need their tm's to really shine.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Is Golbez worth the 10k step up or should I save for Akstar? I am using Dark Fina but thinking to switching to Trance Terra but if new Golbez is better I will switch to him.
Golbez is OK but he lack chaining partner, and after this event almost nobody is going to share him. If you want strong mage it might be better to wait, apparently there is GLEX mage coming soon too.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Here you go :

Sh*t step up and 30%/10% tickets but "you'll not believe what happens next"

xiobdthoyk23.png

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Like, I'm glad you didn't have to obliterate your Scrooge McDuck lapis silo chasing your husbando, but what the fuck are you going to do with 300k lapis now that you god rolled your biggest chase unit?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Like, I'm glad you didn't have to obliterate your Scrooge McDuck lapis silo chasing your husbando, but what the fuck are you going to do with 300k lapis now that you god rolled your biggest chase unit?
Probably meta support, starting with Charlotte in July.
Also needing to gear for TDW so 1 Lightning and 2 Bartz. (August/September)
I'll search for another cool unit to look after or surprise GLEX.

Edit : first STMRs!

f94433a4-209b-408c-b199j2c.png
69207ba8-79c8-44f3-b7w7jhz.png

Golbez's armor will follow once I'm done grinding the event.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks again, looks like those streams are yearly occasions, now I need to find an unit absolutely want in 12 months, haha.

Edit : and with that, I'm done with the event, so Golbez's armor time <3

53412b9f-65a0-4e3b-97tdk0p.png
7dbc2f11-94c7-4bf1-89l3kng.png

Next step is Regina's banner with the 4* TM which is 40Mag 40%Mage accesory.

Last edited:

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Got a 4th T.Terra with my 5* ticket.

Used a UoC on a second Esther and maxed her stats out. I don't really have a lot of weapons to use on her. Is it worth getting two Storm Kicker for her? How about materia choice?

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations on the pulls you wanted and deserved Kouriozon! :D

Had a huge clear out of my TM Moogles, took nearly an hour....(still got 5-6 of some unit dupes) 1903/2885

So I have nearly 700000 Egg Coins to Summon....this is going to take a while...

Oh and kinda related to the above post, but not sure if I should have two Storm Kickers on Esther or Storm Kickers and a Marshal Glove?

Last edited:

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Congratulations on the pulls you wanted and deserved Kouriozon! :D

Had a huge clear out of my TM Moogles, took nearly an hour....(still got 5-6 of some unit dupes) 1903/2885

So I have nearly 700000 Egg Coins to Summon....this is going to take a while...

Oh and kinda related to the above post, but not sure if I should have two Storm Kickers on Esther or Storm Kickers and a Marshal Glove?

Memel0rd has the bis set for Storm Kickers since they stack for her.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
Two storm kickers do slightly less damage than 1 kicker and 1 marshal glove, at least for LB damage. It's about 96.6% of the damage.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Finished the last step of my first lap on the Easter banner before it ended and got a Sylvie. Did the first step on the second lap and pulled Esther number 2 yay!! Took my four tickets on over to the 30% banner hoping for a second Slyvie, and got.....Squall. Booo (Gimme Cloud already!!) Anyway, super happy about Esther though; she's a lot of fun to use. I'll probably finally use all my upgrade stuff on her and on my 7* Fei and Elly, and then UoC my second Sylvie. Finally starting to feel like I'm movin' on up with this game.

Here you go :

Sh*t step up and 30%/10% tickets but "you'll not believe what happens next"

xiobdthoyk23.png

Aww 'grats on getting your boy Kourio! Not that there was really any doubt with all that lapis you have, but nice to see it didn't break the bank just the same. Not too long from now and you'll have him in Opera Omnia too!! :)

Last edited: