• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They exist!

280e451e-0e5e-4391-91gtkdb.png

2 days ago I saw one but clicked too fast, this time I managed to take a screenshot.
It's my first time noticing them since they started putting it in the raid summon, at least once per raid I would sit through 500k coins and not get one.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 50 turns into the 3* Carbuncle (using Setzer double dice method) and I hate my life. It's only at 40% HP cause I forgot to ability awaken Setzer beforehand. Also didn't give him a ribbon so he gets confused every now and then and I have to miss a turn curing him. Please help

edit: 75 turns done... aaaaand I forgot to summon Diabolos brb uninstalling

Last edited:

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 50 turns into the 3* Carbuncle (using Setzer double dice method) and I hate my life. It's only at 40% HP cause I forgot to ability awaken Setzer beforehand. Also didn't give him a ribbon so he gets confused every now and then and I have to miss a turn curing him. Please help

edit: 75 turns done... aaaaand I forgot to summon Diabolos brb uninstalling
Why people do this to themselves I'll never understand. Either cheese it for 50+ turns or take 5 minutes and understand the mechanics, clear it easily in 5 turns.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Absolutely shaking right now.... been grinding lapis but tickets delivered and two multi pulls!

Used all my remaining tickets from Zot: Another Citan so now I have his STMR without doing the 2nd step up. And then out pops Maria and I can 7 star her now. But the luck doesn't end there. 2 multi pulls (had 8 tickets) and 2nd multi pull... an Elly pops up. WOW, I immediately Exchanged my ticket for another one and now she has her STMR. Really happy with the result! And my last ticket exchange went to Fei which now means I have every Xenogears character able to be 7 star! I'm so happy beyond words. Xenogears means so much to me and to put these characters out at their best is absolutely amazing! I'll live without Fei and Maria's STMR though i'd say 3 stmr Xenogears units is absolutely fantastic plus they can do a re run in the future.

My plans for the future then are to pull FF units I like and maybe chase some Meta units. I accomplished what I came to do in Brave Exvius! Now my 30k lapis will have to go towards something I really want and I haven't decided yet.

I know Citan's STMR is now irrelevant cause of Zeno but I dont care

Now to build them all appropriately!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I also cheesed it with setzer but I don't remember it taking that long

I just checked, it took 24 turns
Yeah I had to redo it for the Diabolos summon and with everybody protected from confuse, my stop resist on my healer instead of my tank, and then Setzer being ability awakened it was much faster, like 30 turns or so.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Really happy for you, Hikari! I can appreciate it too because Xenogears is in my top 5 favorite games ever and possibly as high as number 3. I'm keeping this a strictly FF game and haven't pulled on any cross over but if I did, it'd have been this one. I might have done it purely for nostalgia if the Esther surprise didn't happen. In any case, Citan is one of the top Physical ATK units right now if you equip him well so he'll serve you well and as you know, Elly one of the top mages too. It's pretty cool that they actually made most of the 5* base units high tier. If it wasn't for Esther, he'd be right there with Akstar as the strongest although now we have the Zeno curve ball too.

On that note, really surprising that we get a main story unit that Japan hasn't. I've been surprised that they never released Zeno and Levnato over there and who'd have thought we'd get one of them first. This kind of move is a step in the direction of authentically making Global somehwhat of a different game, it was one thing when they made up their own units but taking one established in the story not released in Japan is a mini game changer in what they can do. This provides a ray of hope however dim that maybe they'll avoid some of the pitfalls befalling the Japan side presently when the time comes. I won't be naive enough to feel it will truly pan out this way but hey, there's a chance here. At least someone from Gummi acknowledged on Reddit that they read through the thread of thoughts from Global players concerning the Summon Fests in Japan and how it'll impact their willingness to play if it comes here and this person said they would pass some choice comments up to the producer.

As for Zeno himself, being TDW makes it easy to avoid temption even in the unlikely event he's a decent upgrade from Esther. Especially since he won't realize his full potential without Lightning and Bartz's TMR and at that point, might as well go with Bartz as I highly doubt Zeno will be stronger but hey, maybe he will be in a play to get more people to pull for S3 Rain for their upgrade from Esther and Zeno. He might be a little stronger than Esther but Esther brings more to the table than being a top attack dog, she's easily the most tanky which is a big deal considering how squishy other top options like Akstar and Regina are. She has loads of ailment resistances including stop, plus 30% evasion, 50% earth resistance, and absorbing lightning with her own tmr. All this baked in, don't see Zeno matching all that especially since he's the same character as the guy he shares his banner with. Expected prognosis: Esther fans will remain very content and stand pat. That all said, I'm interested in seeing what his numbers will look like.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Love how FFBE community almost unanimously is for that bill to try and ban microtransaction lol. Glad I'm not the only one that plays this game but loathes these business practices.

Too bad the bill itself likely won't amount to anything, but hope it at least raises some awareness. These companies are getting away with some fucking bullshit and it needs to stop IMO

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why Alim called them summon "festival" when it's the 3rd banner in a row to be a "festival".
Anyway, as expected Zeno looks good but will be much harder to gear.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Absolutely shaking right now.... been grinding lapis but tickets delivered and two multi pulls!

Used all my remaining tickets from Zot: Another Citan so now I have his STMR without doing the 2nd step up. And then out pops Maria and I can 7 star her now. But the luck doesn't end there. 2 multi pulls (had 8 tickets) and 2nd multi pull... an Elly pops up. WOW, I immediately Exchanged my ticket for another one and now she has her STMR. Really happy with the result! And my last ticket exchange went to Fei which now means I have every Xenogears character able to be 7 star! I'm so happy beyond words. Xenogears means so much to me and to put these characters out at their best is absolutely amazing! I'll live without Fei and Maria's STMR though i'd say 3 stmr Xenogears units is absolutely fantastic plus they can do a re run in the future.

My plans for the future then are to pull FF units I like and maybe chase some Meta units. I accomplished what I came to do in Brave Exvius! Now my 30k lapis will have to go towards something I really want and I haven't decided yet.

I know Citan's STMR is now irrelevant cause of Zeno but I dont care

Now to build them all appropriately!

Awesome, congrats! I burnt every last thing I had trying to go for one last Rainbow on Xenogears, but nada. Down to 50 lapis 0 tickets atm.

Final count is 3 Citan, 3 Bart, 2 Fei, 2 Elly, 2 Maria + 1 UoC left.

Unless I get extremely lucky and hit a 4* ticket from the raid and it turns into a rainbow, my plan is to grab a third Elly with the ticket and then Prism Elly, Citan, and Bart once the shop rolls around to them in 3-6 months or whatever.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
We have to wait another day for Zeno, we saw what happened to Esther and Sylvie, pretty confident he'll get 'nerfed' too before actual release. Interested in seeing what this summon coin store will be. Maybe it's a way to just buy what unit you want or maybe it's somewhat of a pity system where you get x amount of coins per summon and you can use the coins to buy whatever unit is on banner while it's still running in the event you keep whiffing.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not so sure they'll adjust Zeno much, if at all honestly.

This banner was hotly anticpated and then Esther came along and blew it out of the water. It's no surprise that they added a "I'm you but stronger" unit to Akstar's banner in an attempt to get us to pull on this like we would have before.

I'd be more interested personally if the sprite wasn't ugly as sin.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I kinda want Zeno.....I might throw a couple dozen tickets at the banner. If I get really lucky and snap a random Zeno I MIGHT UoC the other.

Maybe.....lol.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't mind getting a Zeno TMR but I'm broke af fam lol

Even going thru some story missions I only managed to get around 10k back since i literally emptied my wallet for Easter

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Really happy for you, Hikari! I can appreciate it too because Xenogears is in my top 5 favorite games ever and possibly as high as number 3. I'm keeping this a strictly FF game and haven't pulled on any cross over but if I did, it'd have been this one. I might have done it purely for nostalgia if the Esther surprise didn't happen. In any case, Citan is one of the top Physical ATK units right now if you equip him well so he'll serve you well and as you know, Elly one of the top mages too. It's pretty cool that they actually made most of the 5* base units high tier. If it wasn't for Esther, he'd be right there with Akstar as the strongest although now we have the Zeno curve ball too.

Thanks! I am glad to hear that Citan is still one of the best and Elly! I think it's really cool as well as the characters are pretty damn powerful in the original game. And yeah, Esther was the overhyped unit. I did debate on pulling but priority was for Xenogears. I'll be skipping Zeno too... maybe I'll pull the next best mage. CG Dark Fina I think?

Awesome, congrats! I burnt every last thing I had trying to go for one last Rainbow on Xenogears, but nada. Down to 50 lapis 0 tickets atm.

Final count is 3 Citan, 3 Bart, 2 Fei, 2 Elly, 2 Maria + 1 UoC left.

Unless I get extremely lucky and hit a 4* ticket from the raid and it turns into a rainbow, my plan is to grab a third Elly with the ticket and then Prism Elly, Citan, and Bart once the shop rolls around to them in 3-6 months or whatever.

Thanks! I've never seen a 4 star ticket and I went through too many raid coins to count. I'm glad that you will be able to have them all 7 star and with some stmrs in a few months!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Free 10+1

eb1554d0-f5aa-4b83-9dlgj47.png

Edit : used 7 4* tickets to get Gravie in case, and landed on 2 rainbows

f35b869e-8ca7-41f4-8bntkvm.png

Last edited:

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats Hikari! :)

Hmmm....After using up a lot of resources on bunny girl, I think I'm going to skip this banner to save up for for a FF7 banner.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was on Discord and I YOLO'd the step up, pulled a bit more and finally got 2 Zeno / 3 Akstar

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Any comparison between Zeno and Esther? As I have no good damage dealer I was thinking on UoC Esther, but if Zeno is a better unit I might go all in in this banner and see if I can get him.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
The phone I was playing this on died a few months ago and I'm trying to decide if I want to start fresh on my current one. I know the old acct is a lost cause, never manually linked it to FB or google and I don't remember nearly enough information from it to try and get it back from tech support. It's kind of daunting to try and accumulate a meaningful account again after losing a good chunk of good TM's and stuff, but at least I never spent any money.

So far I've pulled Tidus as my only rainbow from free 10+1, so I guess that's a better start than nothing.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
20ish tickets and no dice on either Akstar. Got Gravey on my 2nd last ticket tho so at least there's that

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The phone I was playing this on died a few months ago and I'm trying to decide if I want to start fresh on my current one. I know the old acct is a lost cause, never manually linked it to FB or google and I don't remember nearly enough information from it to try and get it back from tech support. It's kind of daunting to try and accumulate a meaningful account again after losing a good chunk of good TM's and stuff, but at least I never spent any money.

So far I've pulled Tidus as my only rainbow from free 10+1, so I guess that's a better start than nothing.
Since you're restarting anyways, if I were you I would go out of my way to reroll until you get Akstar or Zeno that way you'll have a relevant damage dealer for the foreseeable future.

Then again I don't really have any idea what starting a new game of this feels like in 2019, I'm sure you can clear most of the story and event content with just friend units at this point, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually be fine doing some rerolling, but I'm at work for the next 8 hours and the wifi here is completely worthless when it comes to those big initial patch game downloads.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Doing my biannual "why is my material inventory full?!" roundup of past raids/events to check and see if there was anything worth crafting to sell off excess materials.

Just got to the CG Cid event and realized that I'm THREE midnight wings away from being able to craft the Metal Greaves. It's not the end of the world missing it since there are better +jump damage accessories (not that I'm rolling with a dragoon much anyways) but something about missing out on these single craftable items from events really bugs me. I still have a single material in my inventory from the Lightning banner in like 2016 that makes a totally useless item but for some reason I won't get rid of it. Somebody help cure me of this idiocy.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
The desire sensor is real....
I wanted to grab the Cowboy 4 star for the 70% Katana Materia for my 7* Sepiroth since he is getting his enhancements soon.
Three 3* rare tics later....
2 Zeno and I had 0 intrest in him since I just UoCed my 2nd Esther last week. >;0

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Alright. How are fellow FFBEra players doing? What is the amout of rainbows in 3 whose stmr you don't have.
We were talking discord about dupes. Then I started to think how many rainbows I have in 3. So I figured I could count em...

Out of all rainbows in pool I have 13 units x3:
Aileen, Cid, Dfina, Duke, Elfreeda, Folka, Greg, Lightning, LMFina, Mediena, Mamza, OKnight, Sephiroth.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Three Rainbow units (13):
VoF, Roy, Prompto, Prishe, Orlandeau, Olive, Lunera, Lotus Mage Fina, Kunshira, Elfreeda, Balthier, Ayaka, Atoning Dragoon Kain

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Trying Gilgamesh with Celegus's help and I really hate that fight, it's already hard to survive but I think I got a good team comp.
Now waiting for his Cid with man eater to be available again.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It's all done! Now I just need cactuars to max them out and some pots which will take awhile.

Also got a Barbariccia on the free 10+1 pull!

2aSRjtn.png

Had one ticket to pull with this morning after the Xenogears bloodbath.

I don't even know. Zeno is a monster.

I am glad you got something useful at least. Wow, those stats at only 6 star. what.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I guess I linked my new Tidus account to my google account, cuz I can't reroll. Completely clearing the app/data/cache etc and it still wont let me start fresh after redownloading. oh well.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
They exist!

280e451e-0e5e-4391-91gtkdb.png

2 days ago I saw one but clicked too fast, this time I managed to take a screenshot.
It's my first time noticing them since they started putting it in the raid summon, at least once per raid I would sit through 500k coins and not get one.

Grats, I believe the general consensus at the moment is that the expected rate on one of those is 1 per 1 million raid coins. They are so rare that I've long stopped looking to see if I actually ever pull one of them from a raid multi-pull.

Jelly. 4th Kydia has been evading me for ages.

Had one ticket to pull with this morning after the Xenogears bloodbath

You too?

Tossed two 4* tickets at the banner today out of boredom.

First ticket --> Gravie. Second ticket --> Akstar.

There are almost no words, after throwing the farm at Esther and not pulling a single one.

I'm NOT falling for this trap, Gumi!

Though, I do appreciate the Rush Glove that finally gets me a full TDW build on a unit, finally. Elfreeda hates me.

Super late to the party, but congrats on the epic win!

In games like this, total wins like yours are so rare to achieve. Super happy that everything worked out for you!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo, Scorn of Gilgamesh down, thanks so much Celegus for your Cid.

75c9a223-73d9-478f-84p7jij.png
image0n2j15.png

When you're literally 3 points away from the 3K ATK club T-T
Still, this is impressive with only 1 STMR (Hyoh's 1H GS)

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
vR22NHY.jpg

Didn't realize until today that Sylvie has a monsterous MP pool (439 base, fully potted) that lets her achieve the 1850 MP quest without STMRs.

Very nice. :)

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Alright. How are fellow FFBEra players doing? What is the amout of rainbows in 3 whose stmr you don't have.

Triples I have are:

-- Lightning
-- Ramza
-- Dark Knight Cecil
-- Luneth
-- Tidus
-- Trance Terra
-- Lunera
-- Loren
-- Ayaka
-- Gladio
-- Kydia
-- CG Lid
-- Lila
-- Sieghard
-- Reberta
-- Aloha Lasswell
-- Malphasie
-- Beryl

18 total. Didn't realize I was that close to STMRs on so many units.

/shakes fist at Gumi

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't planning on going thru the effort of counting them cause I figured it wasn't going to be that many, but damn I have way more 3-ofs than I thought I did

Balthier, BS Sakura, DK Cecil, Emperor, Esther, Gilgamesh, Gladio, Hyoh, Jiraiya, Loren, Sieghard, Sylvie, Veritas of the Dark, Yuna

STMR system can eat my shorts

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Drunk pulled tonight. And it actually paid off for a change!

It looks like I'm set for DPS for a long time. Saving my UoCs and resources for Charlotte.

As for the units I've got 3 copies of...Veritas of the Light, Veritas of the Flame (STMR #2), Seabreeze Dark Fina, Queen, Prompto, Noctis, CG Nichol, Lulu, Loren, Kurasame, Hyou, Emperor, Eiko, Elfreeda, Beatrix and Awakened Rain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Drunk pulled tonight. And it actually paid off for a change!

It looks like I'm set for DPS for a long time. Saving my UoCs and resources for Charlotte.

As for the units I've got 3 copies of...Veritas of the Light, Veritas of the Flame (STMR #2), Seabreeze Dark Fina, Queen, Prompto, Noctis, CG Nichol, Lulu, Loren, Kurasame, Hyou, Emperor, Eiko, Elfreeda, Beatrix and Awakened Rain.
Nice! I'm glad you finally get some luck (sometime), also it looks like we won't have a lot of Zeno friends so us, Zeno owner, must unite!
Door pots (increase stat pots limit on units) are coming with 3rd anniversary and we'll be able to hit 3k ATK then.

EDIT : One more to STMR list : Noctis / Nichol / Akstar / Nyx / Summer D.Fina / Ignacio / Sieghart / Barbariccia
I updated my Zeno build (post with Gilgamesh clear) to be more tanky until we get item world.

Last edited:

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Damn was 10% away of finishg the bonus stage but suddenly the Drake started doing some one hit kill attack that killed my tank and it was over.

Any tips on dealing with this kind of attacks?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Damn was 10% away of finishg the bonus stage but suddenly the Drake started doing some one hit kill attack that killed my tank and it was over.

I used 100% evade tank.
Whole team for bonus stage: Wilhelm (evade), WKN (for magic tanking), Yuna (for healing and summoning), Kryla (for debuffing), Esther and friend Esther.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Bonus stages were OK, the dragon OSed Nichol and Lid at 46% (forgot to rebuff) but I had enough esper orb for the second summon and double Zeno just murdered it in the same turn.

Edit : finally got 3* Alexander, like I promised, after the SE I'm playing catch up with trials now.

1bd9657c-2899-43a1-8ed9jr4.png

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Equip the Safety Bit or Genji Shield on your tank and they become immune to instant kill attacks. Or just kill him before the 50% HP threshold.