• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
forgot I have 3 Lunera. But obviously not fusing them to one. They make chaining for missions so easy to complete.

Yup. Any chaining requirement for any story mission has completely trivial to me for ages.

Somewhat pissed off that Karlette, as a sort of spiritual successor to her, in the Arena is GLEX useless because Esther exists to absorb the lightning component of her AR move.

/old FFBE player rant ON

Ran though the Golbez fight last night. Anyone remember when that fight was borderline impossible? I was expecting at least some challenge. Did the usual expected first turn trial setup; for whatever reason I can't remember I had Malphasie in the team and I couldn't be bothered to swap her out for someone else. Casted her tornado move (thousand wings) as the lone DPS of the first round to try to get Rydia some additional esper orbs for the esper summoning mission; and took Golbez down to the 50% threshold. Second turn, she soloed the rest of him + the shadow dragon with thousand wings+.

Even with today's team standards, Golbez's previously deadly threshold is trivialized by Dual White --> Esunaga + Curaja.

Yeah, this isn't supposed to be a full fledged trial. But, man, this was hugely disappointing.

/old FFBE player rant OFF

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Usually skip bonus stages cause I find them more trouble than they are worth and the only prize being a mostly useless, 90% disappointment ticket, but did this one cause I got NRG to burn since I'm done with the MK and story event. Idunno if it was just this particular bonus stage, or if Esther just trivializes shit too hard but it was cake. Did it twice cause I missed a couple of the missions the first time and I'm desperate for supercite. Had no real trouble either time. Most annoying part was having to build lots of esper meter but had Yuna so no problemo.

And the ticket was disappointment, naturally

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Bonus stages were OK, the dragon OSed Nichol and Lid at 46% (forgot to rebuff) but I had enough esper orb for the second summon and double Zeno just murdered it in the same turn.

Edit : finally got 3* Alexander, like I promised, after the SE I'm playing catch up with trials now.

1bd9657c-2899-43a1-8ed9jr4.png
I still need to do this, he's the last esper left and Ive died to him probably 10 times. Instead I've taken my luck to the chamber of fallen/arms to catch up there (and making quick work of it too).

I've really been so stupidly lucky. Easter was a single lap to get 2x Esther and 1x Sylvie. I've been planning on UoCing a 2nd Sylvie but I haven't felt the need, especially since Folka and STMR MS Nichol are almost always with me.

So Akstar banner rolls around and I don't care. I don't have TDW gear or units. Akstar doesn't even come close to Esther - but Zeno caught my eye. Threw a couple tix at the banner trying to get some Gravey and down drops Zeno. Now I'm in.

And 9k Lapis later I have my 2nd Zeno.

My only complaint is that between Esther and Zeno (Sylvie and Gravey too) my stockpiles of Trust Moogles, ATK pots and HP pots is barren. I need Suzume's Kimono but it'll have to wait. I can't 100% a unit for the first time in well over a year, probably two.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I wanna do 3* Alex but man he seems rough. Esther doesn't seem like the right damage unit for the job either. Going to maybe wait until we get Sephi enhancements and see if he can do the job with his dark imbues/imperils.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
I used 100% evade tank.
Whole team for bonus stage: Wilhelm (evade), WKN (for magic tanking), Yuna (for healing and summoning), Kryla (for debuffing), Esther and friend Esther.

Equip the Safety Bit or Genji Shield on your tank and they become immune to instant kill attacks. Or just kill him before the 50% HP threshold.

Thanks! I ended up using the Genji Shield and managed to finish it without much issue

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And now, it's Asura's turn. (Much easier than 3* Alexander)

995d361b-65e7-4e46-a54ykrt.png

Next is the last 3 10-man trials I skipped and finally Scorn of Dark Espers, and I'll be done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Gumi is pissed of people refunded their Lapis purchase (thanks Esther / Zeno) and will proceed to ban those who abused it.
Would be funny if it somehow affected people who got the 5k Lapis from the hack.

Edit : Alpherg done! Only the last 10-man trial left.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Only esper fight left for me is 3 star Alex now. Cleared Phoenix and Fenrir and they were both pretty easy. Even went back and redid the fights for a few of the other ones where I missed missions to snag a couple extra tickets and supercites. My esper dreams are all coming true. Trials here we come

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
10-man trials : done.

459c65c6-c1b7-4366-81s8kf4.png

Only Scorn of the Dark Espers left and I'll finally caught up with everything.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
40 tickets and a pull netted me both Akstar and Zeno! woot!

EDIT: Wait...Zeno's the superior unit?

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Can't tell you guys how many times over the course of my FFBE playtime I've been fucked by innate counter attacking abilities. It's gotten so bad with Esther I literally can't bring her on most quests I'm trying to finish missions with since she instantly kills almost anything

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, Yego raid, everyone's excited to pull on those amazing units! /s

Anyway IW is indeed Katana and GS, prepare your potions! I have both Hyoh STMR and Gilgamesh Katana to run through.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll set up Trance Terra for the rerun while I spend my time boosting Zeno's weapons.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Decide to pull and spend 4k lapis in the first banner of Zeno and Akstar, didnt get any of those units, then spend some tickets, 8 normal ones that got me my fourth Beryl and two 4* tickets got me Zeno, should I push to get the second one?

.n_n.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
A little dismayed at the amount of people on my friend list that pulled for Zeno. We barely got a full week of Esther meta then the stupid Barbariccia MK showed up and spoiled all the fun. Now I'm already seeing more Zeno's than Esthers emerging back on my friend list. I feel like Gumi really fucked me over here

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
A little dismayed at the amount of people on my friend list that pulled for Zeno. We barely got a full week of Esther meta then the stupid Barbariccia MK showed up and spoiled all the fun. Now I'm already seeing more Zeno's than Esthers emerging back on my friend list. I feel like Gumi really fucked me over here
Don't worry about that, we'll very soon get the "set 5 friend units" feature and people will naturally put at least 2 of their best DPS.
Equipments on friend units will also be separate from your main parties, like IW and Arena.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Used a lot of resources for Zero and no luck. Might give up for now.

I have two 7* TT so this next event will be fun. I'll make sure I post up my TT for y'all.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Can't tell you guys how many times over the course of my FFBE playtime I've been fucked by innate counter attacking abilities. It's gotten so bad with Esther I literally can't bring her on most quests I'm trying to finish missions with since she instantly kills almost anything

Yup.

Went through the story event's bonus stages using "old-fashioned" tornado chaining and it was such a painful slog that took 90 mins to go through.

Went back again using a friend Esther, who just roflstomped everything solo. Longest round was 5 turns for the Chimera Brain, only because you need 4 turns minimum to build the esper bar to full without a summoner in the party. In and out across all three bosses in under 10 minutes.

Absolutelydisgusting.jpg

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So got Zeno, now the decision is who I choose to use and share, should I go with Esther or Zeno?

.n_n.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent pretty much all my tickets on the past few banners (well, okay, so Xenogears, Easter + Akstar). I got the Xenogears stuff I wanted, but only got 1 Sylvie from Easter + Akstar, so I expect to be underpowered for a bit (relatively - I understand Citan + Elly are still pretty good, but Esther + Zeno are above + beyond).

That said, even at 6* Sylvie is a pretty darn useful support, complements Nichol pretty well (she has backup breaks, imbues, break resists, lite overall elemental resists and a barrier while he does general mitigation, overall buffs and MP regen better).

I'll be playing "low effort" for a bit. Initial wave of raid rewards will probably tempt me for a bit, but I intend to try and not bore myself rerolling item world stuff endlessly.
Stockpiling some lapis for Charlotte... but it's sure seeming like every banner that's actually tempting has a step-up of 25k nowadays, and it's a long slog to get there.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
As someone with a fresh account, should I actually be using this free katy perry unit? I looked up her stats on the wiki and she seems surprisingly good?

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
As someone with a fresh account, should I actually be using this free katy perry unit? I looked up her stats on the wiki and she seems surprisingly good?
Absolutely. I imagine as a freshie you don't have access to many 7* units in general so to have a decent magic attacker and summoner with some good support (she has MP recover!) is great. A lot of vets passed over her because our unit pools are so big, but she seems tailor made to be super useful to new players so it's great that she's just been made permanently(?) available.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. I imagine as a freshie you don't have access to many 7* units in general so to have a decent magic attacker and summoner with some good support (she has MP recover!) is great. A lot of vets passed over her because our unit pools are so big, but she seems tailor made to be super useful to new players so it's great that she's just been made permanently(?) available.

Yeah, she's likely to be the only 7* I'll have for a while. Had a 10+1 ticket and did the 4k lapis summon from the stepup and didn't get a rainbow out of either.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, she's likely to be the only 7* I'll have for a while. Had a 10+1 ticket and did the 4k lapis summon from the stepup and didn't get a rainbow out of either.
Welcome to FFBE lol

Typically you're going to want to start hoarding whatever lapis you come into contact with until you can do a full lap of a step up on a quality banner in the future, since the prize of being able to do a step up is for the guaranteed rainbow units, specifically the one for finishing the full lap. Just doing one step isn't really much better than just doing a standard 10+1 summon, and as you've seen the rates on them aren't great. Hoard the lapis, spend the tickets.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to FFBE lol

Typically you're going to want to start hoarding whatever lapis you come into contact with until you can do a full lap of a step up on a quality banner in the future, since the prize of being able to do a step up is for the guaranteed rainbow units, specifically the one for finishing the full lap. Just doing one step isn't really much better than just doing a standard 10+1 summon, and as you've seen the rates on them aren't great. Hoard the lapis, spend the tickets.

Yeah I definitely remember the rates being poor. The account that I lost certainly had some good units for being F2P (Onion Knight, Sephiroth, Ayaka, Ramza, White Mage Fina, Blossom Sage Sakura off the top of my head) but that was just a factor of playing the game steadily for a year or so than anything else.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't see any discussion about JP's Star Ocean banner this week....

What a extreme dumpster fire. No event tied to the banner, and it's literally as bad as GL's Halloween 2018 banner, and even surpassing it in some ways.

Triple rainbows, splitting a 1% on-banner rate, with off-banner rainbows present. There is a limited UoC ticket system in play, but it requires 2 and half full laps (50k lapis!) to get enough tickets to use the banner.

And, this is the 4th consecutive week in a row with a limited banner.

No wonder, players are royally pissed off over there.

--

I have to wonder though, if SE has a hand in that though.

Over in Star Ocean land, the game is starting to get to the point where some of the original units are receiving enhancements. So, to "celebrate", the devs there are releasing banners for each unit as the solo on-banner rainbow. Full price pulls, with no step-ups. But to compensate, the banners have a 6% rainbow rate. Sounds okay-ish, right? Well... if one goes and checks the odds page, these units have the same draw rate as their original banners nearly a year ago (1%), with the boosted rainbow rates being entirely increased off-banner rates (5%).

Supremely scummy moves all around.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see any discussion about JP's Star Ocean banner this week....

What a extreme dumpster fire. No event tied to the banner, and it's literally as bad as GL's Halloween 2018 banner, and even surpassing it in some ways.

Triple rainbows, splitting a 1% on-banner rate, with off-banner rainbows present. There is a limited UoC ticket system in play, but it requires 2 and half full laps (50k lapis!) to get enough tickets to use the banner.

And, this is the 4th consecutive week in a row with a limited banner.

No wonder, players are royally pissed off over there.

--

I have to wonder though, if SE has a hand in that though.

Over in Star Ocean land, the game is starting to get to the point where some of the original units are receiving enhancements. So, to "celebrate", the devs there are releasing banners for each unit as the solo on-banner rainbow. Full price pulls, with no step-ups. But to compensate, the banners have a 6% rainbow rate. Sounds okay-ish, right? Well... if one goes and checks the odds page, these units have the same draw rate as their original banners nearly a year ago (1%), with the boosted rainbow rates being entirely increased off-banner rates (5%).

Supremely scummy moves all around.
Looks like only Dissidia mobile is safe from the SE wanting more money in their mobile offering. If something change I'll be sure to make you know.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Iam really in some slow mode nowdays. Logged in after maintenance, did 3 pulls, closed app. I may log in later today to do IW. Or I may log tomorrow next time to game. Gumi doesn't care, so I don't either :).

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
This is the first time in months where I've needed IW so so badly. I'm going to burn thru all my refresh pots this IW til I get rares on like 3 or 4 of my swords.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Same. I have loads of new GS, katanas and knives to run through it. Hope my luck is less abysmal than the last couple of runs.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled my 2nd rainbow on this account this morning and I wasn't familiar with her - Citra. Turns out she's junk. Oh well.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Citra has been marginally useful for esper quests on story missions... but yeah, she's not all that great.

She has some utility in that she has ultima + holy, so she's good for espers and "kill with magic" quests... but there's pretty much nothing to recommend her over other 5* summoners.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Pulled my 2nd rainbow on this account this morning and I wasn't familiar with her - Citra. Turns out she's junk. Oh well.
"junk" is relative. Junk compared to other 5* gacha summoners? Maybe. Junk to a brand new account? Not as much. It's a little unfortunate that her utility overlaps with Katy a bit in the summoner role, but she's got a really good light magic attack skill that has divine ruination frames (bit outdated chaining family, but still around) and a built in heal. She's probably the best healer you have available for that reason alone.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Already got the rare skill on my Ultima Arma (Hyoh's STMR French name), with ATK +10% and +5%, good enough, now I'm trying to get it on Muramasa. I can already have one free materia slot without enhancing Muramasa.
After that I'll try to snag one or two High Tide+.

Edit : Rare + 10% ATK + 3% ATK on Muramasa

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
"junk" is relative. Junk compared to other 5* gacha summoners? Maybe. Junk to a brand new account? Not as much. It's a little unfortunate that her utility overlaps with Katy a bit in the summoner role, but she's got a really good light magic attack skill that has divine ruination frames (bit outdated chaining family, but still around) and a built in heal. She's probably the best healer you have available for that reason alone.

Yeah, It's just always a bummer to get an off-banner rainbow when there's serious new meta units on it, and doubly so when the rainbow you do get is mediocre itself.
At least I can try to get some friends to chain with since she has a Divien Ruination-friendly ability. That would carry me through a good amount of stuff.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Damn I need to get better about keeping up with enhancements. Didn't even know Yuna got some pretty good ones and I use her all the time

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Its been 3 years.

Screenshot_20160519-153800.png

20.5.2016 when my account was 4 days old.

Screenshot_20160520-061405.png

Today 16.5.2019

Screenshot_20190516-212321.png

I think I have missed 2 days of logins, both of them being abroad and just forgetting to log :P.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Am I wrong or do we need to farm the regular, non-cryst farm stages of this story event to get the materials for the eye patch thing? If so I'm kind of annoyed that I've been running story missions all week instead of getting that farming taken care of.