• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Iam really in some slow mode nowdays. Logged in after maintenance, did 3 pulls, closed app. I may log in later today to do IW. Or I may log tomorrow next time to game. Gumi doesn't care, so I don't either :).

Kind of the same way. Do IW, Arena, random stuff then done for now. Mainly hoarding. I might do some triaks or 10 mans at some point.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Am I wrong or do we need to farm the regular, non-cryst farm stages of this story event to get the materials for the eye patch thing? If so I'm kind of annoyed that I've been running story missions all week instead of getting that farming taken care of.

Nope, you should definitely get all materials to craft the item from a run on the story event and a run on the extra stages.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
75$ for guaranteed Yego / Nagi and 2k Lapis. Yet still there will be a lot of players to buy those bundles. Guaranteed rainbow is 25$.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer for S3 in JP

Nothing new was shown, even the last scene was already unveiled before.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So I've managed to find an old email with my original acct's ID, so I now have that along with the name, last log in (over 200 days ago, geez), and last log in device. Apparently there's a customer service contact I can try to hit up to restore the account with that info, but I'm not sure what that actually is?

edit: nm, I think I found the contact us option on the support page.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
i've entered the stage where all I'm doing is logging in for the daily reward, my will to play this game is at all all time low. Everything in this game is too damn tedious.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Yey, IW event is back, love these. Got Ultima Weapon now which I want to aim for a Rare, got some pretty decent ATK on a few runs, but this just happened before bed, on Floor 1! :o

42RQB8Nl.png

What's funny is I got trolled after and didn't get another ATK until Floor 9, which was 7%...:(

Had time to clear another Chamber of Arms battle which now leaves me with the final one left to do in the vortex that opened up :).

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I actually got my account back. I'm certainly behind the meta but I'm way better off than starting over.

edit: just got zeno after dumping a bunch of tickets into the banner too :)

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got seal of magic level 3. I guess that's a keeper for my Elly? Gosh I never saw any rares last item world. I refilled my orbs 5 times today and found just 1....

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I got seal of magic level 3. I guess that's a keeper for my Elly? Gosh I never saw any rares last item world. I refilled my orbs 5 times today and found just 1....

Grats. For me its usually 0-1 rare during whole week. Also I have never got 30% rare (yellow border rare) to any weapon during IW's.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Nowadays almost everything we do in game takes more time than the battle itself.
Trials are about only exception. Everything else in game, time spent more in ui & waiting between clicks.

And, o boy there are so many clicks.

Like raid for example. everything for some reason needs to be in separate screens.

* Click raid
* Click difficulty
* Mission list screen
* Click
* Click unit (no friend unit option should be top)
* See party click Depart.
* Connecting
* Waiting
* More waiting
* Even more waiting
* Now comes battle screen
* Click repeat
* Wait for skills to land
* Then wait for "You won"
* Connecting
* Results Gil Xp Rank xp -> click
* Results damage -> Click 5 times!
* Tm % screen
* Click
* Mission results screen, click
* Results coin screen
* Click next
* Connecting

I mean. This is stupid.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at the amount of 7* units I have/am able to make on this account, I didn't remember having this many dupes of stuff. I actually started to run out of gil making them. So far I have (or can make) Ramza, Roy, Basch, Pyro Glacial Lasswell, Duke, Orlandeau, Nyx, Fohlen, Flame Veritas, and Seabreaze Dark Fina. Between these and the Zeno I pulled last night (not 7*, but still a beast) it looks like I have some pretty decent options.

Also, is there any reason to keep random 3/4* junk units that are at 100% trust, or are they safe to vendor at that point?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Also, is there any reason to keep random 3/4* junk units that are at 100% trust, or are they safe to vendor at that point?

I kept the ones Ive attached somehow. Like Cecil, Rikku, Vaan (was my starting unit). Also keeping one copy of banner exclusives, but other 3* & 4* have been shopped to points.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing it's the right choice to dump some moogles into him for his TMR helm, since that activates the 7% passive that has 100% attack boost and counter attacks?

Yes. His Trust Ability is what activates the second half of his True Dual Wield boost. Absolutely worth getting his TMR.

It also increases his LB fill rate!

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised at the amount of 7* units I have/am able to make on this account, I didn't remember having this many dupes of stuff. I actually started to run out of gil making them. So far I have (or can make) Ramza, Roy, Basch, Pyro Glacial Lasswell, Duke, Orlandeau, Nyx, Fohlen, Flame Veritas, and Seabreaze Dark Fina. Between these and the Zeno I pulled last night (not 7*, but still a beast) it looks like I have some pretty decent options.

Grats on the new 7*s and your account recovery!

3* and 4* base units with 100% trust that you don't need can be exchanged in the Shop for trust coins. You can then use those to buy useful stuff from the Item Exchange option in the Shop.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So I got my rare skill on the 4 weapons I talked about earlier already, I guess I'll rerun Muramasa and Ultima Weapon in hope for better for the rest of the week.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Can't get shit this IW. Frustrating on like 12th full lap with my Lion Heart can't get better than like 22% ATK on it. No rares spotted

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Took the 1/2 energy to clear beasts of the dark 2 and scorn of gilgamesh. Beasts of the dark 2 was pretty straightfoward running White Knight Noel, Sylvie, Esther,Loren, Yuna, and friend Esther.

I was not able to take the same team for Gilgamesh. At the very least I couldn't clear from 75%->0 with Esthers. I had forgotten about his break resist putting me in an unrecoverable spot, Wilhelm died then the Esthers counter chained Gilgamesh from ~81% to 75%. I then saw Celegus's Cid in my friend list remembered that was a strat and decided to give that a shot. There was a moment of panic when I realized that Loren's dualcasted aureole ray broke chain with Esther LB; but Sylvie's ability to grant chain abilities saved that moment. Cid jumped into the chain doing a metric ton of damage ending the fight.

So thank Celegus for Cid and Gumi I guess for hilariously powerful units. I'll look over Scorn of the beasts of the dark some other day, hopefully that won't be too bad.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I need to pretty much completely rebuild my friend list since i was inactive for so long. Ideally with units that chain with Zeno, but I'm sure any of you would be good. ID is 521 408 061. My Zeno just hit 2k attack but he's not 120 yet.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I've just come back to this game, I've got 6 star Cloud, Tidus, Vivi, Warrior of Light, Chizuru and Refia.

All I really want to do is the story, am I boned? Usually I find if I come back my team is completely outclassed and I have to spend ages hoping for lucky pulls so I can eventually build a decent party.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I've just come back to this game, I've got 6 star Cloud, Tidus, Vivi, Warrior of Light, Chizuru and Refia.

All I really want to do is the story, am I boned? Usually I find if I come back my team is completely outclassed and I have to spend ages hoping for lucky pulls so I can eventually build a decent party.

Your team is pretty old, but you should be fine getting through the story and building a nice hoard to use on pulls as you go.

For now, I would say use Cloud, Tidus, WoL, Refia and Vivi. You don't need Chizuru outside of her katana mastery trust reward.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I need to pretty much completely rebuild my friend list since i was inactive for so long. Ideally with units that chain with Zeno, but I'm sure any of you would be good. ID is 521 408 061. My Zeno just hit 2k attack but he's not 120 yet.
Sent a request, Zeno's weapons are in the item world so until Thursday at worst I'm putting Trance Terra for the bonus.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Added you. My Zeno's got almost 3K ATK so he should be able to help.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your team is pretty old, but you should be fine getting through the story and building a nice hoard to use on pulls as you go.

For now, I would say use Cloud, Tidus, WoL, Refia and Vivi. You don't need Chizuru outside of her katana mastery trust reward.
Thanks! I just tried some of the events and my team is still able to beat the elite tier. Probably not the hardest content, but it shows I'm not totally outclassed yet.

Are 7* just 'nice to haves' by the way? Seems crazy needing to pull two of the same type of super rare units to be able to upgrade that high.

Edit: oh just pulled an Akstar, is he good?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I just tried some of the events and my team is still able to beat the elite tier. Probably not the hardest content, but it shows I'm not totally outclassed yet.

Are 7* just 'nice to haves' by the way? Seems crazy needing to pull two of the same type of super rare units to be able to upgrade that high.

Edit: oh just pulled an Akstar, is he good?

7* units are basically imperative for late-game content as it's being released right now. So you will need to awaken your units to 7* to keep up with trials and even some Season 2 story content, but you've likely got a ways to go before you hit that wall.

And yes, Akstar is good, better than anyone you have currently. Swap one of your physical damage dealers out for him.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer for S3 in JP

Nothing new was shown, even the last scene was already unveiled before.

Easiest call ever, incoming.

Blue Mage Fina grows in strength/abilities as Season 3 progresses, right? At some point in Season 3, through some sort of key story event (trauma, rage, sorrow/anger, whatever) or some revelation about the true nature of her being, Blue Mage Fina is going to be the first 8* unit.

The first hit is (almost) always free, and everyone gets her just for starting Season 3. In that way, she can serve as an introduction to the 8* meta, while easily being powercrept as the first unit there (see: Lightning).

The only question is where the deliniation line will be between units that cap at 7* and which will be allowed to reach 8*. Although it is possible that Alim would go back and similar to the 6-->7* upgrade period and update all the rainbows, I doubt it will happen. Too many ancient units, some of which had re-dos over the last 3+ years. I believe the clearest line that has been drawn to date in that regard is at the 3rd anniversary, where the styling of released units change. Everything released after that point, starting with CG Lightning (hrmm.....) is going to be eligible for the 8* upgrade.

---

/tinfoil hat time on

Using that logic, that would provide a sound explanation why all of the S1 heroes (except Sakura and Nichol so far) got new versions of themselves for S3, all after the 3rd anniversary. Also, a curious coincidence (or not?), using that cut-off point, is that there would only be one Order that would make the cut.... Physalis. In that case, the story mode would be right.... she would be the strongest Order, after all.

But, then that would completely suck for units that fall "just" short of the cut-off point. Why would you look at that, there's two GLEX unit powerhouses that were just released that would fall just a single month short of the cut. What a twisted way to eventually "obsolete" these currently game-breaking units, as they'll be left in the dust as "only" extremely powerful 7* capped units.

/tinfoil hat time off

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
S3 Fina indeed get new skills/awakening as the story progress (locked to 6* at first), wait and see but you are certainly onto something there.

Here's a translation of the trailer Source

Voice : Light and darkness. Love and hatred. Creation and Destruction. What exists in this world. Everything is opposing. Fina. That is why you also lose power. Inevitably. But there is nothing to be anxious about. I will grant you a new power. Now then. Touch the crystal.
Text : A new journey to save the world.
Text : Demon train. Mysterious passenger. Baby. Nothingness. Silver mist. Conductor boy. Capital of theater. Hollowkeepers. Blue mage.
Text : Guided by a mysterious voice.
Voice : There is no time to hesitate.
Text : With your new power.
Voice : Now, Fina,
Text : [She] wakes up.
Voice : Go forward with this power. You can save me and this person. Because you are the only one.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Doing very-low-key play still...
Some raids every day, no arena, no item world.

Ditto to every one of Rixa's line-items being tedious. I play other (non-gacha) games where you can be "fully engaged" with about 2 minutes every 4 hours... but even though in FFBE the actual actions are basic, the delay between taking them is eternal. Arena's the worst about it, but raids are pretty awful with the extra connecting screen, rewards screens, etc that you should be able to skip without extra taps.

Got my 2nd Loren over the weekend... seems like an improvement over Lid in terms of overall utility (breaker + chaining, vs just breaker - even if Lid's better at OTKOs and keeping up higher breaks).

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to feed metal/kingtaurs to each other to get the kings maxed before feeding them to real units? These last 10 levels on a 7* sure do take a lot of XP.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
Is it worth it to feed metal/kingtaurs to each other to get the kings maxed before feeding them to real units? These last 10 levels on a 7* sure do take a lot of XP.
It gets a bit tedious, but it is worth it feeding the kingtaurs into each other one by one until it gets maxed out. (Lvl 1 kingtaur gets fed higher leveled kingtaur)
If you get any Amazing or Great fusion, you basically get free exp that can make leveling much more cost efficient.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Doing very-low-key play still..

You know. I might skip this raid almost completely. Same with IW. I don't have mental energy to fight with that ui at the moment and got IW roll to Lion Heart (32% atk 20% hp). So figured why bother to waste more time. Ill just log in log out and wait for Anni.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Lol man, I just did a run of the item enhancement thing for my best weapon (150 attk masamune) and got the rare seal of life and power, but literally 0 other attack boosts in the other 9 floors.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've been farming rank xp for the anniversary and it gets pretty tiring, I'm doing the 5 NRG Omega fight for 600 rank xp (OSing with Ignacio but it act first)
I guess I can get to rank 185 before the end of June.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I've been farming rank xp for the anniversary and it gets pretty tiring, I'm doing the 5 NRG Omega fight for 600 rank xp (OSing with Ignacio but it act first)
I guess I can get to rank 185 before the end of June.
Wait what's this rank requirement for the anniversary?? I'm only 167, have I fucked something up?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what's this rank requirement for the anniversary?? I'm only 167, have I fucked something up?
No requirement, we're getting free special tickets and the amount is equal to total login day + rank x5

This is what JP got :

3rd Anniversary Commemorative Tickets
Use these tickets to pull random goods.

• Tickets given based on your Total Login Days.
    (From the launch of the game until 9/30/18)
  • 10 Tickets given daily throughout October.
  • 5 Tickets per player Rank at a later date. (as of 10/23)
Available from tickets pulls:

• (1/10) UoC
  • 5★ EX Ticket
  • 4★+ EX Ticket
  • 3★+ EX Ticket
  • 10x Mixer Coins
  • Container Moogle
  • [Unit] Wandering Rain
  • [Unit] Moogle
  • Pots (All Type)
  • Supercites (All Type)
  • Esper Stones
  • 3x EN Pots

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Is it worth pulling on that Spring Celebration banner or just save? What's coming up in the next few weeks?
Newer account, I'd pull if you have the lapis to spare. Vet account I'd pass. Pool is too diluted you will probably get something you don't need if you've been playing a while. 10k lapis towards a good unit's step up is better than 2 guaranteed Maries or whatever

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Hrm. I was taking easy, suddenly I need to grind IW.

Screenshot_20190521-114523.png

Seaside Nichol 7* and Folka stmr. That sweet Folka staff gets some IWlove during these few days. Ill prolly do SN to 7* but not sure Ill bother moogling that rod, not until I need it.