• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I had a real brief moment in a dream last night where I finally got a 2nd Noctis and I swear to god that motherfucker just showed up in my 10+1

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Aerith, Gumi switched the event with FF VI.
Looks like there is some enhancement buffs, too.

Edit : they also banned people who abused the refund.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Is this spring celebration summon worth biting on? 5k lapis for a guaranteed (off-banner) rainbow is a mixed bag, but 50% trust is always nice.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Got my Rare mod level 4 hp and attack 20% on Citan's STMR finally! So that's 2 rare mods... one for Elly and one for Citan done. I will give Bart some love next. The others are probably gonna have to wait.

I'm probably not gonna use any lapis for Aerith but maybe she's good. Unless someday I get Folka to 7 star... egh

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I just want maintenance to come to get item world out of here, these runs have been cursed. Used 150 pots and all the normal runs and cant get more than 20% atk.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Got 32% SPR to Folka's staff (no rare mods), thus got that spr mission done.

Screenshot_20190521-151434.png

Had to tweak littlebit cause with Magistral Crest it was 1840 spr and hit the spr cap. Needed 3 stmr to get over required limit, crazy.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
My 10+1 had two new rainbows! Excitement!

... Kunshira and Atoning Dragoon Kain. Sadness.

I'd like to be interested in the Edgar/Sabin stuff... I like the characters, but this past month has left me with 10k lapis and no tickets. Plus I have two 7* breakers. Since my only 7* mag tank is M. Ramza, feels more worthwhile to hold on until Charlotte.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Ive never posted here, but ive been taking the game seriously for over a year. Hi!

My current team is: Akstar, Merc Ramza, SS Nichol, Awak Rain, and Circe.

Im thinking about replacing Circe for DK Luneth for his 50% breaks and I dont have a 7 star healer. (I was looking forward to Aerith, but... yall know...)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They want to keep Aerith for the FF VII Remake info on June 10th or something for the hype, you can say it's a safe guess. (So either the Friday before or after)

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently Akstar, who only has one arm, can equip the ability Dual Wield...

I know that this is just an oversight, but I still can't help wondering how he would accomplish this from in-universe perspective.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to do some last minute summoning and it got me a second Zeno! And it only cost me 4 ordinary Rare Tickets!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth getting Ramza's TM armor if I am going all-in on Zeno? I'm going to grab Gravey's TM materia, but since I have no worthwhile clothes to activate the extra 20% attack it looks like the 15% attack on Razma's TM is my best option at the moment.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
ResetEra added back the "who posted" so let's see that OT1 wall of shame

zuqzbvdldij8a.jpg

Is it worth getting Ramza's TM armor if I am going all-in on Zeno? I'm going to grab Gravey's TM materia, but since I have no worthwhile clothes to activate the extra 20% attack it looks like the 15% attack on Razma's TM is my best option at the moment.

Zeno would want +ATK instead of +ATK% since he reach the cap so easily, but if you have nothing better, then yes.
Try on https://ffbeequip.com/builder.html if you'll reach it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I have Zeno using Gravey's TMR and heavy armor. It's fine. I wouldn't go out of my way for the Brave Suit.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, I'm 2nd place posted in this new OT I need to fucking chill...

While I'm here somebody give me tips on how to beat Alexander I blew 80 stam on that asshole and got shellacked both times. I've watched every tutorial video on youtube for tips on how to beat this idiot, got my entire team up to 100% light resist, nothing is working. Tried once with a pair of Sephis as DPS and once with a pair of Esthers, just avoiding lightning imbuing. The 2nd time I lost, the sole reason was because I still don't know how to do the god damned thing where you dualcast and dispelga your own party, so I couldn't get the stupid light imbue off my Esther. I'm not sure if there's a better DPS to use against him. I seem to have the rest of the team for it (Sieghard, Fina, Loren and Sylvie for tanks, heals/reraises/breaks/buffs), I just seem to lose control of the fight after around turn 8 or 9 and he starts blowing my ass up

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
give me tips on how to beat Alexander

My party was 100% Light res except Willy who was 100% evade. Since I don't have buffer I had to make a work around. Thus I used Mediena as buffer and her LB is 10 level.
Basically Mediena used 2 buffer skills and then was doing other things when had option
Code:
Luna Verve
[6 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
Increase LB gauge fill rate (200%) for 3 turns to all allies
Increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (130%) for 3 turns to all allies

LB at lvl 1
Magic damage (6.35x) with ignore SPR (50%) to all enemies
Increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (106%) for 3 turns to all allies
Increase MAG (100%, max 100%) for 1 action to caster
There are better buffers than Mediena, but I don't have them and M was my only option.

Main reason to get the trial done was 2x Sophia, they literally melted Alex 3* and got it done in 5 turns, if you have Sophia I can put mine up.
Sophias were triple casting this:
Code:
Ravenous Fiend
Dark magic damage (4x) with consecutive increase (5 times, 2x each, 14x max) to all enemies

Screenshot_20190421-141815.png

It is very hard trial. For example Lyrian had a lot of difficulties with it and I before I figured the buffer role. Then there was the timing with Sophias skills man I hate bullshit chain timings.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Damn I don't have Sophia, she seems like she would be really good for it. Don't have Dark Fina either who probably would also be good. Would be nice to have a caster dps that didn't have to worry about dispelling the light imbue

What about 2x Elly with water damage?

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only Esper fight that I could not complete all the missions in one go, still need to do it again (for the last mission), is really a pain in the a..

.n_n.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So the big upcoming units are:

CG Charlotte
Regina
Summer Lid&Fina

And then eventually the Bartz & Lenna banner, right?

I think Galuf is in there somewhere too.

I believe that tickets are best used on banners with single rainbows and lapis is better used on banners with multiple rainbows, for step-ups.

I want to have 50k lapis stored by the Bartz/Lenna banner so I can do two full laps and then presumably if I get lucky and get 2 of 1 and 1 of the other I can UoC the last to get both at 7*. That's the plan at least.

I will likely buy a Prism Moogle at the CG lightning banner and then buy the 80k moogle from MK to prism moogle her TMR without ever pulling for her.

I have 23 UoC tickets today left after completing my Zeno.

Here's my Zeno:

Zeno of the Beta Star 7★
Right hand: Zantetsuken (FFBE) ATK+174, ATK+32% (IW :ATK +15%, ATK +12%, ATK +5%)
Left hand: Ultima Weapon (FFBE) HP+25%, ATK+180, ATK+30% (IW :Rare lvl3, ATK +15%, HP +10%)
Head: Obsidian Helm MP+20%, ATK+42, DEF+20
Body: Luneth's Clothes ATK+45, DEF+1, SPR+1
Accessory 1: Lucid Lenses ATK+55
Accessory 2: Storm Kickers HP+20%, ATK+45, DEF+10
Materia 1: Heart's Light ATK+70%
Materia 2: Azure Crimson Soul HP+30%, ATK+30%
Materia 3: Azure Crimson Soul HP+30%, ATK+30%
Materia 4: Awkward Fatherly Love HP+20%, MP+20%, ATK+50%
Esper: Titan HP+141, MP+49, ATK+111, DEF+94, MAG+46, SPR+67
Total: HP:15334, MP:613, ATK:3089, DEF:553, MAG:250, SPR:348

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Cause Gumi has so many ingame guides to SotMB+. It meant I went blindly in. Death Knight was nasty cause I had Reraise up only Yuna & WKN. Double Esther stomped most floors, but yeah had to wait power creep to get it done.

Screenshot_20190525-215127.png
Screenshot_20190525-215151.png

I rather let power creep handle these kind of trials than go in when these come. "Hey here have some stupid trial with 9 different floors to trash you". Rewads aint (and were not when this came) good when one considers how difficult this is and there was like handful of units which you needed to clear it.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Daily freebie today was a rainbow, got a 2nd kid Rydia. Not a great unit but FF4 is muh fav so I can't get mad about having one of its few 7 stars in the box.

Also got the MK 5* ticket today and it was Machina. First one of those I got and no use for him but it's new so w/e.

Was really hoping for something to finish off any of my STMRs, but not today

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I got an Ayaka on the KM G5 ticket. Way too late to use her (2nd one), since I have Rena and Myra, but I don't mind getting another of her TM, so good.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
KM G5* ticket was my first Citra. Yawn.

Hopefully tonight's/tomorrow's G5* summon is better.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, all right! My fourth Blossom Sage Sakura! Her STMR is pretty rad.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Daily login G5 was Ellesperis #3. Could be worse, one Ellesperis closer to that somewhat restricted atk % stmr (Katana 40%, Clothes 40% and 25% killer human demon). I have ~4k to go for event G5, curious to see what it will be, most likely getting it tomorrow cause don't want to use pots to get it.

Grats Feep that is very nice Robe. Iam one DFina away from similar robe. Would love to get her.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Was hoping for an STMR with the login 5*. Got one. It was Loren's, which isn't that exciting, but it's my best 1h sword by far just in time for me to not chase any TDW units

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Gladio from free 5 star ticket. I now have a 5*+ tank. Cool I guess? How serviceable would he be at 6 star to tank trials?

Still working on getting 15000 event points for the other free 5* It's going by really slowly with just a 5* Celes and 6* Setzer with bonus friends

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Still working on getting 15000 event points for the other free 5* It's going by really slowly with just a 5* Celes and 6* Setzer with bonus friends

15000 event points is roughly 35 LGD runs. It doesn't matter if you 900% or 175% bonus pts in units. Its still same amount of runs in LGD (obviously more in easier difficulties).

Its the KM currency shop where you get things faster when having more bonus %.

As for 6* Gladio, no use for trials. Its 7* tank you need in trials and usually with something trial specific gear / materias.
Those trials where 6* tank is enough are usually trials you can clear without tank. Also don't use your UoC tickets to second Gladio, he ain't that good.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
One banner with both Summer Fina/Lid and Citra/Folka this week. Coming with "Global Upgrade" as well

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
SO I discovered that with Sephiroth I can reach the ATK 2650 mission if I do one of two things:
1) get Prishe's, Vincent's and Gravey's TMRs
2) get Prishe's and Gravey's TMRs and Sephiroth's STMR (which I can do if I use 1 UOC on him, since I have a 7* and a spare 5*).

Obviously leaning towards 1 since it's doesn't require "wasting" a UOC ticket on another Seph that I would then, per Murphy's Law, draw one of, but the enticement of getting the mission done that much faster is real. I'm even not enhancing Sephiroth's ATK+20% beyond the ATK+30% boost just to get it done, though this is only an issue if I go with 1 rather than 2.

EDIT: turns out I could do it with just a 4th Seph for his STMR, so I went that route like the child I sometimes am. Parameter mission done.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I cursed myself. My G5* ticket this morning was my fifth copy of Duke. What a disaster.

I got 1st Zeno from guaranteed ticket. Should I UOC or just wait for future CG DPS?

How many UoC ticket shards do you have, and do you already have Esther? If you have Esther, then don't bother. If you have an abundance of UoC fragments and no Esther, then sure.

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
Welp, I cursed myself. My G5* ticket this morning was my fifth copy of Duke. What a disaster.

How many UoC ticket shards do you have, and do you already have Esther? If you have Esther, then don't bother. If you have an abundance of UoC fragments and no Esther, then sure.
Tks for the reply, i have 32 tickets and my main DPS is Hyou (do not have either Esther or Akstar).

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Are they any good besides fan service?
They are condensed units, Fina + Lid can heal and break, Citra + Folka do damage and buff. They also imperil / ilbue / give chaining skill to the party.
They are good but I suggest to wait reviews on Reddit to see if you'd need them.

Keep in mind that Global is differet game etc blah blah yadda yadda. But in JP they had these bundles whilst we get some (most likely) trashy bundles instead.

Code:
Cost: 8000 Lapis
1x 5★ "CG Swimsuit Lid & Fina"
1x 4★ Ticket
16x Summon Ticket
30x Lv1 Minituar

Cost: 8,000 Lapis
1x Guaranteed 5★ Summer Folka & Citra
1x 4★+ Summon Ticket
16x Summon Ticket
30x Lv1 Cactuar

Now in global, good luck for using 25000 Lapis for one of those units.
JP vs GL fanservice...