• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Wo
Keep in mind that Global is differet game etc blah blah yadda yadda. But in JP they had these bundles whilst we get some (most likely) trashy bundles instead.

Code:
Cost: 8000 Lapis
1x 5★ "CG Swimsuit Lid & Fina"
1x 4★ Ticket
16x Summon Ticket
30x Lv1 Minituar

Cost: 8,000 Lapis
1x Guaranteed 5★ Summer Folka & Citra
1x 4★+ Summon Ticket
16x Summon Ticket
30x Lv1 Cactuar

Now in global, good luck for using 25000 Lapis for one of those units.
JP vs GL fanservice...
wow. Please Gumi, I need a good breaker. No? Oh...

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Dissidia finally getting Golbez on June 7, I hope we won't get a grindy event for FFBE that week (probably Regina Story Event)

norn

Oct 26, 2017
i'm expecting octopath on the 7th to coincide with the steam release and regina the following week, but it's just a guess.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next Mog King in Japan is FF IV, which means Golbez's enhancement and Series Boss Battles extra skill soon!
Please don't fuck this up, Alim.

CG Cecil

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still kind of mad that out of all the collabs and past square games we've had, there's still no Chrono Trigger. I've never spent a dollar on this game but I'd probably finally break that barrier trying to get a 7* Magus or something.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
After VP coming and the units being duds I don't really care about collabs anymore, that banner was handled horribly and the units were so poor. That really stung.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Game is up. We got some nice things.

From reddit, patch notes

Code:
Features/Adjustments:

[*]Download Size Prompt: Option to enable prompt for downloads more than 10 MB
[*]Companion Setup: Select up to five different units from player's own inventory for use as companions
[*]Ability Awakening material location guide added
[*]Mission cleared counter for maps added
[*]Unit series logo displays when summoning units
[*]Turn Counter for buff/debuff display in battle added
[*]Total damage dealt each turn displayed
[*]Trust Ability can now also be activated by equipping STMR

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
5 friend slots, finally you can share anything you want without locking equipment to them as they are separate from your main parties. Now to wait the "use your own unit instead of a friend", hopefully it'll happens.

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to put up an Esther with aquan killers so I can try out the new trial either later today/tomorrow?

nm, did it anyway

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Since the friend unit categories are just suggestions, the UI for finding a friend unit is more convoluted now. They need an "all units" tab that mashes them all together to make it easier to search. Good change any way you look at it, but it's a minor annoyance having to tab thru 5 pages of friends to try and find out if there's event units available or if I need to refresh the lists

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Pulled hard for the summer units. 33 tickets and no banner units. I did get my 4th Queen, 2nd Lunera, King Edgar of Figaro, 2nd Pyro Lasswell, and 2nd Ramza.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
RIP server, they say it's due to high traffic.
Fanservice bringing in the money? maybe getting DDoS'ed

EDIT : I said I would get Fid if we got the JP bundle, I guess Gumi don't want me to spend Lapis.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The bikini waifus seem interesting but not sure I really need either of them bad enough to spend my newly restocked lapis. Currently have Sylvie and pretty much every current healer (except Ayaka, weirdly) at 7* and Loren dual wielding high tide daggers still works as a reliable breaker. Think the Aeris hoard is going to stay safe this banner

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Game has given me good rainbow luck, but not great on-banner luck. Two off-banner rainbows. Was hoping for Edgar, but I'm okay without him.

I can now 7* Basch and Zarga... Basch seems like he could be useful for the 70% (!) CD break on a tank, and his enhancements are nice especially built-in def/spr break resist on his covers. Seems more useful than MRamza, other than MR's built-in ele resist. Zarga's stop resist seems really nice, and his 40% innate evade at 120 is pretty neat too - not to mention the rest of his kit, 50% general mit on LB is awesome and he looks like he can do a bit of everything. If only he had some innate draw attacks, he'd be incredible.

/edit: Also, this MK guaranteed 5* ticket thing being locked behind points is obnoxious. I'm most of the way there because I've wanted to get it over with... but next time I may not even bother, if it's this much of a slog. It's like they decided MK's weren't tedious enough, somehow. Opposite direction the game should be going.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I must have checked the box next to "do not notify whatever 10 mb" like 5 times at this point. Either it's bugged or resetting or what have you

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So how good are the Summer units? Their limit bursts though..... haha wtf is that. 25K for the whole step up... nope. Will throw tickets unless they're REALLY good.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Appreciate all the work Claic puts into his Trial guides but brother has like literally 4+ STMRs on every one of his units lol. How the fu are us mortals supposed to get that kind of survivability/resists on our entire team?

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Gumi is so generous... I can spend the 900 summer coins we got so far on a rare summon ticket.

Meanwhile, the free summon is bugged...

I worked up to the KM guaranteed 5* and got my 3rd Luneth. Exciting times.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Gumi is so generous... I can spend the 900 summer coins we got so far on a rare summon ticket.

Meanwhile, the free summon is bugged...

I worked up to the KM guaranteed 5* and got my 3rd Luneth. Exciting times.
Speaking of generosity, Dissidia portal app campaign : https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/aq49ud/gems_and_power_tokens_added_to_the_portal_app/

15 tickets / 15 armor token (use 5 to get an armor of your choice) / 15 high shard of each colors (used to increase the crystal level of characters after their first awakening 50->60) / 3 power tokens (use 15 or 35 to get a weapon of your choice) + 1000 gems

Gems and Lapis have the same value (10+1 use 5000 gems but have a guaranted 5* everytime)
(Also Dissidia just gave 7k gems as special 7M download gift)

Brave Exvius portal app campaign : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...e_ff_portal_app_has_decided_to_grace_us_with/

200k gils / 5 Minituars / 1 EX ticket

I'm just shocked by the difference.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
200k gils / 5 Minituars / 1 EX ticket

I'm just shocked by the difference.

The older FFBE comes, the shittier main rewards are. I wonder who will use time to portal app campaing at all with those lousy rewards.
Ex tix are a joke and getting whopping one (perhaps) from there, big lol. Also our normal monthly login calendar is plagued by same ex shit. They are doing everything they can that we have less and less banner stuff to pull.
Also we are in situtation that "good" bundles are only during Anni & Black Friday. Gumi is making it easy to not spend a dime to this game.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
HALP! I thought I'd instantly curb stomp the antenenlla reborn and mostly do but I can't figure out how to kill part B of the plant.... It always survives and then crushes me when the rest is dead from the buffs it gets. I've tried specifically targeting it but nothing seems to do jack to it. I waited out for the physical atk resistance to end on turn 5 but it doesn't matter, Esther can't do shit to it, Akstar and Jecht chaining their dual cast of their abilities on it do squat...wtf? I'm using a non-elemental weapon with no imbue on Esther and I check to see what resistances it has and there shouldn't be a problem. I can't figure out how the hell to kill it. I even followed a guide on Youtube and felt like I did everything they did with a little substitution since I don't have Folka or Loren and can't figure out how he killed it with Esther's LB but mine does nothing to it..... For the love of god, someone tell me how you beat this stupid plant! I can effortlessly survive as long as I want before killing parts and know I have the units to do it, just need to figure out why part B is impervious.... Appreciate any assistance!

norn

Oct 26, 2017
HALP! I thought I'd instantly curb stomp the antenenlla reborn and mostly do but I can't figure out how to kill part B of the plant.... It always survives and then crushes me when the rest is dead from the buffs it gets. I've tried specifically targeting it but nothing seems to do jack to it. I waited out for the physical atk resistance to end on turn 5 but it doesn't matter, Esther can't do shit to it, Akstar and Jecht chaining their dual cast of their abilities on it do squat...wtf? I'm using a non-elemental weapon with no imbue on Esther and I check to see what resistances it has and there shouldn't be a problem. I can't figure out how the hell to kill it. I even followed a guide on Youtube and felt like I did everything they did with a little substitution since I don't have Folka or Loren and can't figure out how he killed it with Esther's LB but mine does nothing to it..... For the love of god, someone tell me how you beat this stupid plant! I can effortlessly survive as long as I want before killing parts and know I have the units to do it, just need to figure out why part B is impervious.... Appreciate any assistance!

check what is displayed under the Other Resistance field for Antenolla B

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017

check what is displayed under the Other Resistance field for Antenolla B
Appreciate you responding but as I mentioned, I checked it's resitances and it has nothing but the protection from magic attacks (I wait until turn 5 to attack). Only other things on it are the enfeeblements I place on it. I'm at a complete loss as to why it takes no damage given I'm using physical damage attacks.

Last edited:

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Appreciate you responding but as I mentioned, I checked it's resitances and it has nothing but the protection from magic attacks (I wait until turn 5 to attack). Only other things on it are the enfeeblements I place on it. I'm at a complete loss as to why it takes no damage given I'm using physical damage attacks.
it's immune to non-elemental damage. i'm taking this screenshot not to be a dick, but to point out where this information is located for when you do other trials.

GqyVt8y.jpg

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
it's immune to non-elemental damage. i'm taking this screenshot not to be a dick, but to point out where this information is located for when you do other trials.

GqyVt8y.jpg
My bad, I thought for some reason I mentioned testing Jecht and Akstar chaining with an element it's not resistance to but they did piddly damage. Your post made me double check the Esther vid I watched and they in fact had fire weapons...facepalm. Thanks buddy, I needed a knock against the head it seems. To be fair, I was quite sleep deprived haha Thanks again for responding and bearing with me and I can't look at you as being condescending or a jerk when my reading comprehension was failing! No worries! Thanks!

On that note, I can't find an Esther with a flame weapon (no surprise) could one of you Esther buddies pretty please put Agni or some flame weapon on your Esther briefly for me to kill this dumb plant? I'd very much appreciate it!

Andvary

Nov 14, 2017
My bad, I thought for some reason I mentioned testing Jecht and Akstar chaining with an element it's not resistance to but they did piddly damage. Your post made me double check the Esther vid I watched and they in fact had fire weapons...facepalm. Thanks buddy, I needed a knock against the head it seems. To be fair, I was quite sleep deprived haha Thanks again for responding and bearing with me and I can't look at you as being condescending or a jerk when my reading comprehension was failing! No worries! Thanks!

On that note, I can't find an Esther with a flame weapon (no surprise) could one of you Esther buddies pretty please put Agni or some flame weapon on your Esther briefly for me to kill this dumb plant? I'd very much appreciate it!

I think we're already friends? {730,997,020)

My Esther is up in Nemesis1.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Finally got the 5* guaranteed ticket and got my 2nd Elfreeda.

Also did the 1st step up on the banner and got a Summer Fina and Lid so there's that.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
I read memel0rd's Summer Fid review and couldn't help myself.

Ticket summons: Lightning and Summer Cilka 🙄

Only had enough lapis for 3 steps: Ignis and Awakened Rain (stmr) 😶

Waled the last 2 steps and got Fid on step 4 and Cilka on step 5 😐 ok...

200 pts 5 star ticket got me the second Summer Fid. WTF 😱

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I think Andvary is busy since my FR is still hanging, does anyone else have a flame weapon they could toss on their Esther to help me knock out a quick trial?

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think Andvary is busy since my FR is still hanging, does anyone else have a flame weapon they could toss on their Esther to help me knock out a quick trial?
I tossed flaming blade agni on my Esther, should be on the favorite slot. If you don't have me my friend code 370.954.183

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Had to crash the game 5 times to get you to show up lol Got it! Thank you so much! I thought I botched it up at first with all flame weapons as a different part survived this time but thankfully I thought to not use one character's turn just in case so I hard reset and then imbued lightning on the Esthers to mix lightning and fire hoping it would wipe out those two stubborn parts and it worked! Phew.

Now if I beat Gilgamesh I can finally get to Ultros for that rod. I think I'll look up the two headed dragon strat first because that helm would be nice for Sieg

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Had to crash the game 5 times to get you to show up lol Got it! Thank you so much! I thought I botched it up at first with all flame weapons as a different part survived this time but thankfully I thought to not use one character's turn just in case so I hard reset and then imbued lightning on the Esthers to mix lightning and fire hoping it would wipe out those two stubborn parts and it worked! Phew.

Now if I beat Gilgamesh I can finally get to Ultros for that rod. I think I'll look up the two headed dragon strat first because that helm would be nice for Sieg
Congrats! I'm glad it worked out. For Gilgamesh I wasn't able to 80%->0% with two Esthers; although that was with unleveled LB and only Diabolos on mine and the friend Esther. I probably would've been fine the second time around with leveled LB and additional man-eater but I ended up tagging Gilgamesh with Celegus's Cid.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats! I'm glad it worked out. For Gilgamesh I wasn't able to 80%->0% with two Esthers; although that was with unleveled LB and only Diabolos on mine and the friend Esther. I probably would've been fine the second time around with leveled LB and additional man-eater but I ended up tagging Gilgamesh with Celegus's Cid.
Thanks! I don't think I have an extra man eater either but I do have her LB maxed. I'm going to try the two headed dragon first. Hopefully I'll be able to repay you one day :)
I just got home, sorry about that, I accepted the FR and I'm glad you beat it! =)
No worries, brother! I don't expect you to stay glued to the site, we all have lives. I'm sure we'll be able to help each other going forward :)

An extra thanks to Norn for helping me realize what the heck was going on!

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

I played this game a lot up until shortly after Olrandu's release. I recently took a trip to japan, and the Brave Exvius theme at the Square Enix Cafe got me nostalgic and I'm thinking about playing some, albiet casually.

My 5+ star characters are Luka, Orlandu, Marie, Noctis, Onion Knight, Snow, Cecil, Refia, Exdeath, Y'shtola, Ramza, Warrior of Light, Agrias, Ace, Wilhelm, Eiko, Elza, Fryevia, Zargabaath, and Firion.

Can you recommend what 5 I should go with going forward? No clue what the new meta is, and I'm surely outdated, but I want to at least continue the story line.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all,

I played this game a lot up until shortly after Olrandu's release. I recently took a trip to japan, and the Brave Exvius theme at the Square Enix Cafe got me nostalgic and I'm thinking about playing some, albiet casually.

My 5+ star characters are Luka, Orlandu, Marie, Noctis, Onion Knight, Snow, Cecil, Refia, Exdeath, Y'shtola, Ramza, Warrior of Light, Agrias, Ace, Wilhelm, Eiko, Elza, Fryevia, Zargabaath, and Firion.

Can you recommend what 5 I should go with going forward? No clue what the new meta is, and I'm surely outdated, but I want to at least continue the story line.

Hi and welcome back.
We have anniversary (I think day is 28.6.2019) soon and will most likely get some really nice stuff then.
As for your units, all base 4* (excluding Xon) are more or less not used. 7* is the meta and for that you need 2x base 5* (for example 2x Orlandeu, but he is not great unit either).

For 7* units that are still used:
Wilhelm is great tank.
Ace is good mp battery (works as 6* for same role, but you need to enhance his skill)
Eiko is good.
Zargabaath very good.

But yeah you need 2 base 5* (rainbow pulls) + quite a lot of gil and cactuars and better to read how 7* is done.

Good guy Gumi making sure I can idle and just log in. No 11k banner no interest towards Regina.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

Do you have any duplicate rainbows? That'd help a lot getting you where you need to be.

DPS meta has gone bonkers, but Fryevia + Orlandu will likely be enough to get you most of the way through the story (enhance Fryevia's chaining move and it chains IIRC)
Ramza can be your breaker, Ace + Wil + Zarga will be quite useful otherwise.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
lol, managed to pull 2 rainbows from 5+1 ticket but they are both pretty mediocre. One of them is a 2nd lightning so at least I can 7* her I guess.