• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Playing catchup,

Tossed some tickets for some gold units to TMR last week, and accidentally stumbled on a Yego. Hilariously, the end-of-month 5* EX ticket coughed up second Yego. Leggo my Yego?

Similarly, I experienced unusual ticket luck this week and pulled one copy for Fid and Cilka in around a dozen tickets. Going to UoC the second Cilka, when available, to scratch that summoner itch, as she is the first real progress in that department since Garnet.

Increased cost of the Regina banner + unreliable 5% rainbow banner = hard skip for me.

99% decided on skipping Aerith, as well, and just hoarding for anniversary and CG Charlotte.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finally took down Asura today. The fight was fun and challenging; I enjoyed it.

Asura herself is a pretty lame reward (all-around stats are nice but no killers/innate elemental resist means she's effectively never going to be used), but the War Goddess' Insignia reward is amazing for Esther: 30% LB damage up (along with a standard +30% ATK).

I also realized that a FOUR STAR unit, Kyanos, gives a 50% LB damage up material TMR?! How did I miss this? I might have sold her off...I'm a fool...so much of Esther's damage is LB-based, that's absolutely insane.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Finally took down Asura today. The fight was fun and challenging; I enjoyed it.

Asura herself is a pretty lame reward (all-around stats are nice but no killers/innate elemental resist means she's effectively never going to be used), but the War Goddess' Insignia reward is amazing for Esther: 30% LB damage up (along with a standard +30% ATK).

I also realized that a FOUR STAR unit, Kyanos, gives a 50% LB damage up material TMR?! How did I miss this? I might have sold her off...I'm a fool...so much of Esther's damage is LB-based, that's absolutely insane.

Yep, welcome to the era of super good 4* TMs again. Kynaos' is great as you mentioned, we also just got Gravey who gives you 70% Atk with Katanas/Clothes. On Regina's banner coming up there's a 4* with a 40 Mag + 40% Mag SMTR tier accessory and one with a really good 2H Fist for Sabin and Citan.

There's a couple more 4*s with 70% Atk materia in the future too.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a weird issue. I suddenly can't chain Anemo Wave (Elly's Chaos Wave ability) at all in a trial fight? I'm pretty sure I've done it before, but now it's just maxing out at Chain 1 then resetting, over and over again. The Elly's are in slots 4 and 6. The strategy I'm using requires a full chain for a OHKO, so I'm kind of stuck?

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It appears even a frame or two apart is no chain.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Game is up.

Except...

There is no update in Amazon. Gumi screwing things again.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
If a circumstance happens every week at the same time, can it really be considered "unforeseen?"

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Damn people apparently lost gear in IW in the brief time the game was up, I'm glad I went to sleep instead of wait for maintenance too

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Did the 250 pull lapis every day and got only blues. Feels like a waste. Anyway, finished the new story chapter which I was putting on hold until I finish Figaro.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Okay so the fights with the Emperor were so epic. The Emperor seems incredibly powerful.... man did Sol really have to die? I was starting to really enjoy his character. Also, Citra's false death was something else that worried me. I can't believe she's even alive after that.... I guess the tear of provenance materials are very powerful.... also that ending scene...... are they going to explain how Akstar is Rain besides the fact that the Emperor passed down all three mirrors? I mean they look way too different

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Did the whole thing again and same error.
I wanted to do it quickly to grind Dissidia since Golbez released there but never underestimate Gumi, I'm getting really tired of this bullshit.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Did the whole thing again and same error.
Once again, appropriate
We are currently in our second emergency maintenance in as many days, impressive stuff

Screenshot_20160629-213917.png

Gumi.

Never change.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super tired of all these announcements of goofy 5* guaranteed (20% CHARACTER OF THE WEEK) banners - especially when they only serve to pollute the ticket stash for the vast majority of players with a single e.g. 5* guaranteed 20% regina ticket - which from the name you would think would be enough to pull on something, but you need four of them. And you get one from the story event, and one per 5% guaranteed rainbow banner summon (not, as you might expect, the step-up which honestly looks like a bum deal even by modern, post-11k step-up standards).

I think I've summoned four times in the past week - I used two 4* tickets on this banner to get that nuts 4* tmr accessory - and my entire stash is currently 3 rare tickets. One from expeditions, two from the unit intro quest. Admittedly I've blown everything on the previous couple of banners, but it reinforces that this game has gotten really stingy for on-banner stuff. Remember when we got double-digits in tickets for fan festas? I think Raids are the only thing better than they used to be for tickets, everything else has gotten worse.

I'll be doing the story event, but probably not much else for the time being.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really starting to get irritated to check datamine everytime a new trial comes, this game is so bad with its hardest fight, it's a pure chore.
Having to reload the game on emulator because you didn't know the boss would randomly kill everyone is not a good battle design, I'm just biased because other game detail everything the bosses are able to do and still manage to be super difficult.
This is about Evil Eater and there's absolutely nothing to tell you the 3rd bonus battle will instant death every 20% HP.

I'm sorry but I'm just super frustrated with this game at the moment.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

Don't worry, there are so many stupid design flaws in game. Like I just fumbled kill with esper mission. Started with Bahamut, then tossed skills to land and well fight was over before Baha landed. YEah now to do that shit over again cause idiot mechanism game has.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So I kinda want Regina since well..... i'm a huge KOS-MOS fan and Regina feels just like her if anything haha... I'm hearing great things about her but I have only got 51k lapis saved for the future. Do you guys think it is worth doing 2 pulls on the 5% rainbow banner to get two more Regina tickets?

norn

Oct 26, 2017
So I kinda want Regina since well..... i'm a huge KOS-MOS fan and Regina feels just like her if anything haha... I'm hearing great things about her but I have only got 51k lapis saved for the future. Do you guys think it is worth doing 2 pulls on the 5% rainbow banner to get two more Regina tickets?
the odds are against you getting her 7* from that. if you've already pulled one from normal tickets or something and you want her, go for it.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone act surprised, we're getting FF VII connexion bonus campaign and Mog King event this week.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Guesses for pricetag of:

"Fountain of Tickets" bundle?

G5 & 30x ex3 tix. My guess is 24,99, not cheaper (and no reason to buy).

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Trying bonus stage... this seems a bit harder if you don't have Esther or Zeno for the crazy DPS

doing:
7* basch (all elements resist 110, most above 150)
7* wilhelm (not all evade, but super tanky def)
7* Citan (primary dps, next best is either a mag dps or onion knight so yeah)
6* Lotus mage fina (no 7* healer)
6* Sylvie (no 7* sylvie... but honestly I don't think it would change her rotation much)
Friend esther

My first try was with Yuna instead of LMF and I got whomped on the third fight.

Citan can (non elemental) chain with Esther using some moves (Storm Cloud + e.g. Festive Winds) so it's not as bad as all that... but I ran into trouble with the AOE death on the third enemy, so I'll be swapping my previous healer (7* Yuna) out for LMF for the reraise LB (or dualcast reraise between her and Sylvie on the essential ones).

I sound like I'm complaining but this is probably the most engaged I've been in the game for a month so it's not all bad.

I'm really starting to get irritated to check datamine everytime a new trial comes, this game is so bad with its hardest fight, it's a pure chore.
Having to reload the game on emulator because you didn't know the boss would randomly kill everyone is not a good battle design, I'm just biased because other game detail everything the bosses are able to do and still manage to be super difficult.
This is about Evil Eater and there's absolutely nothing to tell you the 3rd bonus battle will instant death every 20% HP.

Honestly the wiki is the only way you can understand what characters' moves actually do too, if you didn't check it you would probably think Ifrit esper's break moves are just as good as Lid's. There's a lot of useful information that is completely omitted ingame.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I personally used Cid with Fid for imbue/imperil on the bonus stage and it went pretty great. 1st and last stage was able to 1 shot after clearing missions via his big jump so thresholds didnt matter.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Guesses for pricetag of:

"Fountain of Tickets" bundle?

G5 & 30x ex3 tix. My guess is 24,99, not cheaper (and no reason to buy).
Because there's a G5 involved it can't be less than $20. I'm not sure what amount they could charge to make me even consider picking that thing up but they won't get even close.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
The Final Fantasy banner I've been hoarding for is finally on its way! Was quite excited when I read the in-game news and saw Aerith and Red XIII :D. Been skipping the banners since Esther as I was waiting on this one, will definitely be pulling and really hope I get both.

How does Aerith compare to Lotus Mage Fina anyway?

Still need to try the Bonus Stage, might give it a try tomorrow. Also, I love how we're able to share more companions now, that's pretty huge.

(Sorry I've not had a chance to post much, was crazy busy at work and get too busy with Netflix or gaming when I'm finally free in the evenings).

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm going to have to do story missions to get lapis. I'm still in need of a healer. I've been using Eiko for now but would love an Aerith.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Brave Exvius WotV confirmed global release + at the conference they talked about expanding the world of Lapis so expect more Brave Exvius titles.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
is this a good time to get into the game? I've tried a couple times cause i really want to learn the story but its so hard to keep up with the gatcha

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
is this a good time to get into the game? I've tried a couple times cause i really want to learn the story but its so hard to keep up with the gatcha
If you care mostly about the story, it's not hard to do a lot of it with the help of friend units (post your code here so you can use all our units) and whatever you get from freebie pulls (which you will get lots of with the upcoming 3rd anniversary celebration, not to mention all the free Katy Perry units available). The only reason to keep up with the gacha elements of the game is to take on end game trials.

I don't keep up with the story in this game personally, but every time I've caught some info about it thru this thread or reddit, it seems absolutely batshit and fun, so you'll probably have a good time. It sucks that for anybody that only wants to experience the story you still have to grind your way thru a bunch of auto battle dungeons which are gated by the in-game stamina system BUT if you jump in the game now, this week they are starting an event where all the stamina costs of the entire first year's worth of story are half off, so it will be helpful to catch up a bit. So I say go for it!

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Heads up, this week we have early maintenance and the FFVII banner and King Mog events will be available immediately after.

Tuesday 11 June 23:00 - Wednesday 12 June 04:00 PT.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the bonus stage.
On the third fight... it's not clear to me whether it's better to cover with magic or physical tank. I swapped between them mid-fight and didn't notice much of a difference.

Definitely either do reraise or have lots of death immunity on 20% thresholds. Not being able to break the thing is huge; I thought I'd do a lot more damage than I actually did, even with spread-element and sub-par chaining moves.

Having good elemental coverage for the full party is ideal, especially fire for the last one.

Kind of ridiculous that the AOE death move fires before the other actions; frustrating to have your buffs/barriers/covers cancelled out before the remaining actions.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Collection of Mana with Seiken Densetsu 3 localized in multiple languages (called Trials of Mana) just released today, so can we get 7* Randi now? Haha

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I got into this game because I didn't want to miss any more VII related stuff so I'm really super excited for Aerith and Red XIII :D

Now if I could just get Cloud.....I'm up to my third Noctis now but no Clouds in sight boooo

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I got into this game because I didn't want to miss any more VII related stuff so I'm really super excited for Aerith and Red XIII :D

Now if I could just get Cloud.....I'm up to my third Noctis now but no Clouds in sight boooo

Fingers crossed you get a 4th Noctis though, his STMR is insanely good. XD

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Too much stuff to do, too little NRG.
King Mog + Story Event bonus stages + Katy Perry with the daily chamber of treasure *-*

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a "Data failed to be loaded" loop, like I see some others on reddit are. Can't play the game. Gumi keeps their streak alive of maintenance fucking shit up!!!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in a "Data failed to be loaded" loop, like I see some others on reddit are. Can't play the game. Gumi keeps their streak alive of maintenance fucking shit up!!!
Y we have people in Discord with same problem. Seems to be quite common, also did read that game crashes for some players after every finish stage.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Went for a lap and 2 steps, and some ~20 tickets.

4 Aerith
2 Red XIII
6th Yuna
7th and 8th Raegen
5th and 6th Nyx
5th Loren
3rd Summer Fid
5th Nalu