• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Too much stuff to do, too little NRG.
King Mog + Story Event bonus stages + Katy Perry with the daily chamber of treasure *-*
It's pretty messed up that all this is running at the same time tbh. I assume the Katy stuff is going to be around forever like the red sprite event has been, so I can backburner that, but doing bonus stages while wanting to maximize MK grind to get the event points is a bummer

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ok just did my Full lap + 1 for the consolation pull.

During the first lap I got a random Myra (first) and a CG Jake (third) as the 3rd step guarantee. Was bracing for the worst but then got Aeris on the final step and then the consolation ticket netted me Aeris #2! Was expecting the worst. In the end it wasn't the best by any stretch of the imagination, but the main goal was met.

Using the rest of the tickets from the MK on the Fid banner until it goes away and then I might UoC a pair of them since I have no real needs for my party and nothing else on the horizon to hoard for, so I imagine having the widest stable of support units going forward is going to be most important. Speaking of, how's Myra? Any use for her now that I got 7* Aeris + Sylvie?

edit: oh I forgot I also got a Nagi on the first step of the 2nd lap. I didn't even realize it was a 5 star unit at first cuz it was a gold crystal initially. Nothing I'll ever use, but a nice bonus

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Working through Chamber of arms lately, done up to Brachium now, which wasn't too bad. Also found the shadow for Vindemiatrix more annoying than the real fight.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
While starting to pull for Aerith, I randomly pulled my second LM Fina (first seven star healer, unless you count Rem). NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

I only have a six star Awakened Rain as a magic tank so I wanna save for CG Charlotte? Not sure when she's coming. But I do still have 200 tickets, soooo....

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
While starting to pull for Aerith, I randomly pulled my second LM Fina (first seven star healer, unless you count Rem). NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

I only have a six star Awakened Rain as a magic tank so I wanna save for CG Charlotte? Not sure when she's coming. But I do still have 200 tickets, soooo....
Holy cats, I ran into the same thing... except I pulled my first Aerith before I got my LM Fina from EX tickets. I had Eiko+Rem, but LMF is the first dedicated 7* healer I have.

LMF doesn't look like she gains a LOT from 7*... but at least more bulk is welcome.

/edit: also, unrelated, I confirmed the Restore fixes the crash issue I was experiencing.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I should have finished the story quests last week. There does seem to be a lot going on this week. I wish Cloud or Seph counted as bonus units!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I used all my saved tickets on Aerith (around 40 or so) and not a single 5*. So that was depressing. But I have enough lapis for a full lap so will do that after grabbing all event tickets too. I'll be beyond happy with either Aerith or Red so it'll be a win any which way.
Fingers crossed you get a 4th Noctis though, his STMR is insanely good. XD
This is a very good point lol. I just seem to get every other FF lead but Cloud so I scream a little every time Noct or Squall shows up lol.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

I've seen lots of trials in JP where people used double healers combo but I think we have better support units than they did and at least so far, I feel like the trials have been easier for us than they seemed in JP.

Do you plan on pulling on the FFV banner? Lenna is a great choice if you feel like you can wait until then.

This is a very good point lol. I just seem to get every other FF lead but Cloud so I scream a little every time Noct or Squall shows up lol.

I feel you lol. In my case I wanted Noctis so much when his banners came out but no dice. I only got him when 7*s came along.

Fingers crossed for the pulls!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen lots of trials in JP where people used double healers combo but I think we have better support units than they did and at least so far, I feel like the trials have been easier for us than they seemed in JP.

Do you plan on pulling on the FFV banner? Lenna is a great choice if you feel like you can wait until then.
I've been using Esther but I skipped Akstar, Zeno, and Regina, so CG Bartz + Lenna might be a really good double banner for me to invest in. I think I'll save for CG Charlotte and those two! A shame, though...I do very much like Aerith...

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I have 3 friend spots open after the ban waves, if anyone wants to add me, please feel free to (also sharing a 7* Aerith and Zargabro for the KM events)

I've been using Esther but I skipped Akstar, Zeno, and Regina, so CG Bartz + Lenna might be a really good double banner for me to invest in. I think I'll save for CG Charlotte and those two! A shame, though...I do very much like Aerith...

Yeah, I get it. Personally I went all in on the step up even though I have Myra and Rena, because VII is my favourite and I mostly play this game for the nostalgia.

I'm also not great at hoarding resources for a long period of time lol.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Fountain of Tickets is actually a pretty decent deal, if someone is planning on spending some money.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it too, even tho I really shouldn't have. I got my first Folka&Citra, so it went well at least.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I didnt grab it and prolly wont. But todays ex3 ticket gave me my 4th Lunera. I can finally use 2x7* Lunera for farming. That will be huge, cause I dont like the pink pedestial 6* unit has in party :D

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
$12 ain't bad honestly but I'm not opening the wallet for EX tickets. See you next lapis fountain Gumi

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Uh, is there something wrong with my game at the moment?

Both yesterday and today, both King Mog and Mog Minister have still been taking currency from the previous events. It's still walnuts and blue fish.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Got my 8th (plz no more) Trance terra from the bundle, then on the next 3 star ex ticket got my first Myra.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
5+1 Had 4th Aileen, going to get nice hat for Esther.

Also now I finally have 2 7* Luneras in farming team. They make shit missions so easy (chain & element chain and cover 2 elements). My most used 2 same units. Using them every week from the day Lunera got enhancements.
Meanwhile doing story event cryst stages. 2x Esther & Sophia lb spam, I love how the screen cap managed to capture one falling rock from Sophia (I have all the fx off).

Screenshot_20190614-142112.png

Getting right timed screen capture by phone aint easy and usually it wont work.
Why kill it when you can overkill it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Do I miss something?
Both have Odin equipped. Only difference between pics is that other is take from Companion Settings and other is in party, is this known bug?

Screenshot_20190614-153557.png
Screenshot_20190614-153010.png

Screenshot_20190614-152640.png
Screenshot_20190614-152955.png

Just another day in gumibugland.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled Red this morning, so he's at 6* and about 1100 attack as my event 1 unit for anyone who wants to use him.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Got a second Kurasame from my 5+1. Seems like a useful add to the stable, but maybe not one to prioritize at the moment. Citan seems more directly powerful although Kura might be useful for some hybrid geared trials (also, I should do Calcabrina...)

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Did two Step-Ups, got Red XIII for my first and Aerith for my second. Farmed missions like crazy and did two steps and got my second Red XIII with the tickets! So happy, it's all I wanted.
I might use my UoC tickets to 7 star my Aerith. I don't have a 7 star tank (my 6 star tanks are Gladiolus, Merc Ramza and Awakened Rain) but I really want Aerith... I don't know.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
two IF Katy are not bad for farming. Damage is p.gud for this too.

I got Myra #2 from the FoT as well, which was nice.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
To the Exvius-Era veteran who put up a Red XIII friend unit with Angel Slayer.....

Come on, man. Really?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly I sold my Angel Slayer :(
Still laughing the compensation we are given from the IW problems. Like who the hell needs more IW orbs...

Nothing else to do and had time in one IW so decided to run this for giggles knowing I will never use the weapon.
Obviously I got great rolls to it on first run.

Screenshot_20190615-140919.png

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Did the first step on the VII banner and got Red, then nothing on the next three.

Then on the last, with the last of my lapis, I walked away with this :O

Holy bananas. I guess that's also my second Nyx. Is he any good?

And I do actually have more lapis too. I just clear the story when I need some so I don't spend them right away lol

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Did the first step on the VII banner and got Red, then nothing on the next three.

Then on the last, with the last of my gems, I walked away with this :O

Holy bananas. I guess that's also my second Nyx. Is he any good?

And I do actually have more gems too. I just clear the story when I need some so I don't spend them right away lol

Holy shit. I've never gotten more than 2 in a multi before so that's crazy. As for Nyx, he mainly gets use at 7 star due to one of his cooldowns being a suicide that fills a lot of LB gauge for everyone else really.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Holy shit. I've never gotten more than 2 in a multi before so that's crazy. As for Nyx, he mainly gets use at 7 star due to one of his cooldowns being a suicide that fills a lot of LB gauge for everyone else really.
Ah so he could be useful for the limit break mission challenges then? I've missed a few of those before so that would be handy.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I've been starting to think of a party for Lich. I think I'm gonna go with Sieg passive provoke, Basch mag cover, Rena/Aerith for healing, Sylvie for buffs and either Red XIII or Sophia for damage.

Everyone with as much fire, ice and lightning resistance as I can give them.

Red XIII has a lot of undead killers and can imbue himself with fire, and I have OK's STMR which also gives extra reaper damage. He'll be fun to try out if I can find similarly geared friends.

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
does it make any sense to start playing this game at this point or will one have missed absolutely every cool event

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
does it make any sense to start playing this game at this point or will one have missed absolutely every cool event
The anniversary starts in a couple of weeks. Now is actually a pretty good time to start playing, really.

Yup. Now is the good time to start. There is also great summon banner going on (Aerith / RedXIII) where Aerith is the "best" healer at the moment.
Feel free to question either here or come to discord (link should be in OT).

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming these 3k summons aren't guaranteed rainbow, right?

I actually need a second copy of all of them except OK lol