• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao OK Refia is in the pool instead of OK. Of course they fucked it up again.

Hilarious. I mean I have 3 OK and 0 OK Refia. Not going to pull, but the chance of getting 4th OK is nice. Then the meltdown of getting OK Refia instead.
Better to avoid this banner until they fix it (or avoid totally).

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got a 2nd Nagi from my 5*G ticket (got my first Nagi during my Aeris pulls), so I guess I can make that unit now. Ok.

Did the first step on the VII banner and got Red, then nothing on the next three.

Then on the last, with the last of my lapis, I walked away with this :O

Holy bananas. I guess that's also my second Nyx. Is he any good?

And I do actually have more lapis too. I just clear the story when I need some so I don't spend them right away lol
Nasty pull, congrats!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Hilarious. I mean I have 3 OK and 0 OK Refia. Not going to pull, but the chance of getting 4th OK is nice. Then the meltdown of getting OK Refia instead.
Better to avoid this banner until they fix it (or avoid totally).
Lolling to myself how easy it is to fool and talked too soon. Noticed its only 3k per multi and I have 3 OK and 3 Sephs and no intentions to save for anything (had 7.3k Lapis, not anymore). Made 2 multis and got Sephiroth in second multi. One more stmr gained.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Lolling to myself how easy it is to fool and talked too soon. Noticed its only 3k per multi and I have 3 OK and 3 Sephs and no intentions to save for anything (had 7.3k Lapis, not anymore). Made 2 multis and got Sephiroth in second multi. One more stmr gained.

I'm tempted to do one pull, but i'm trying to save for Charlotte...

edit: nevermind, did one pull, got shit, that'll teach me lol

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I'm tempted to do one pull, but i'm trying to save for Charlotte...

edit: nevermind, did one pull, got shit, that'll teach me lol
Yeah I needed 2 multis, as always rng. Helped me to get the ATK parameter done.

Screenshot_20190617-155810.png

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So have the option to go for the SMTR of Sephiroth or Onion Knight, which should be better? Have three copies of each and have enough coins to buy one of the crystals.

I think Sephiroth is better because of the katana to proc the materia.

.n_n.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So have the option to go for the SMTR of Sephiroth or Onion Knight, which should be better? Have three copies of each and have enough coins to buy one of the crystals.

I think Sephiroth is better because of the katana to proc the materia.

.n_n.

Seph's is probably better and also helps Zeno and Axter a lot as well.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give the banner a pull since I'd like to 7* my Onion Knight or Sephiroth. Got a big ol poop. Oh well.

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
The anniversary starts in a couple of weeks. Now is actually a pretty good time to start playing, really.
Yup. Now is the good time to start. There is also great summon banner going on (Aerith / RedXIII) where Aerith is the "best" healer at the moment.
Feel free to question either here or come to discord (link should be in OT).

thanks guys, i started playing. any suggestions on which of the trillion banners to draw. or should i wait for the actual anniversary ones

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
thanks guys, i started playing. any suggestions on which of the trillion banners to draw. or should i wait for the actual anniversary ones

At start its good to keep Lapis (premium currency) safe, cause you might need it a lot to pull certain units from their step ups.
Premium tickets you can use to Final Fantasy VII banner that has Red XIII and Aerith.
Ex tickets (banner is in Standard Summons) "Get Rare Characters wit Ex Tickets" you can use when ever you want, no reason to save them.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, as excited as I am for Charlotte, I hope they postpone her a bit. I'm dirt poor on lapis and up to date on the story so I don't have any resources for her after Aerith and Red XIII. Well, I could always UoC but I prefer to save those for when I'm having trouble clearing a trial without a specific unit.

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
At start its good to keep Lapis (premium currency) safe, cause you might need it a lot to pull certain units from their step ups.
Premium tickets you can use to Final Fantasy VII banner that has Red XIII and Aerith.
Ex tickets (banner is in Standard Summons) "Get Rare Characters wit Ex Tickets" you can use when ever you want, no reason to save them.
excellent, thanks!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got 3rd Folka with King Mog special 5* ticket.
I really hope the anniversary will be exciting.

We're getting Secret of Mana this week.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe I lived long enough to see the return of the Mana collab...

Unfortunately with the amount of lapis right now I can do nothing but impotently throw a few random tickets at it, which makes me sad. I have no team needs and Randi was my first chase unit

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: Reddit says its Inter-kun doing bad job in pull rate pics.
Edit2: Reddit says its Gold pull that shows 5% rate in German version.

Kouriozan Could you check what is % rate in French version. German version has 5% - 95%. But its for the Gold one (as in normal chance wtf).

That Regina banner which had 5% rate. Wasn't actually 5% for every crystal in multipull. As in just normalish 10+1 banner where Gold one has higher rate to come. It seems it was actually 3.5% banner.

More info in reddit, kinda angry comments and I do understand why. Also I used 10k to that banner and got 0 rainbows.
Go and check yourself, also rates are shown in game too.

https://dm.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvi...rmed_5_rainbow_banner_is_35_rainbow_actually/

So, yet again Gumi lied or was incompetent to do things right.

reddit said:
You can see it now in drop rates page, under the "step up" tab (maybe you have to restart the game to download the new data):
  • For the 10 summons: 3.5% rainbow (1.5% Regina)
  • For the +1: 6.88% rainbow (5.625% Regina)
Then... where does the name "5% rainbow summon" come from? From the increase in the +1 crystal from 3.75% to 5.625%?

It should be "Approximately 5% Regina only in the +1 summon" instead of "5% rainbow summon", I've always thought that would mean 5% rainbow in every crystal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Squall fans are going to need tons of gils haha.
In 2/4 weeks we might get the story characters enhancements for the 3rd anniversary and that will be expensive as hell.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Finding it very difficult to get good rolls on staves in IW. +SPR seems so rare. I'd settle for some refresh too, but no dice.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck to all Randi pullers and good luck to eveyrone with their Ex 10+1 and Ex 10+1 gold tickets.

Not even sure if the gold 10+1 is still 3% rate for rainbow excluding +1 pull which is 5%. Last time it was so.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
lol zero rainbows in all, and not even an upgrade to a yellow in the blue pulls lol

I hate that mehcnanism.
Whats the point of blue to gold upgrade. Gumi take it away we don't want it. It just takes time and is stupid.

My free 10+1 were rainbowless. Then made 3 steps in Randi banner, thanks to 10k Lapis I got compensated. Only got guaranteed rainbow in step 3 = Rem number 5 :D.
Cause pulling is fun and no money is involved will toss everything I get to Randi banner, just because.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
11 golds for the FF VII stuff, summoning in Brave Exvius became the most unsatisfying one of all Gacha I play(ed)
Maybe it's time they add a guaranted 5* for 10+1 like most modern ones.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
For raid Elt mission "Use lb"
Sharing Nyx in Event1 friends tab.

Since friend request for random friends is still broken (havent gotten single friend requests and Iam not the only one with this problem). I have free slots:

^^
Toss me fr.

Btw its been 31 days from ban wave.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for double post.

Regina equipped with secondary stuff (main stuff is with Esther) + Odin

Screenshot_20190621-135746.png
Screenshot_20190621-135752.png

2x Lunera - Aureole Ray
Ace - Tri-Beam
Regina - Both cooldowns, Anti-fairy, Reboot command, Cannon
Esther - Storm Brand & Bolting strike
f.Esther - ^^ Same

Reload + set friend Esther skills -> Push Auto and I get this:

Screenshot_20190621-140654.png

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Each 10+1 had a rainbow in it.

3rd Sephiroth

3rd Lightning

Also the Mana shit completely slipped my mind yesterday and I dumped all my tickets on FF7. Managed to get another Aeris which is cool, but I can't believe I forgot about Randi. Literally never going to get him. Oh well, I was never getting 4 of him, so he would have never been a viable unit for me, I just kinda wanted to have one in my box cuz I'm such a fanshit

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Randi has been pretty awesome to try out so far.

I failed the LB mission on ELT once because I attacked with Randi after breaking (oops) and once because my friend esther countered the 70 damage she received.

I wish I could get him to the parameter mission... with his STMR I think I could get close, but he's maxed out on ATK+% so I think I'm out of luck barring STMRs.

Neither 10+1 had rainbows. I'll probably wait to see what the next banner is before I spend any tickets chasing an STMR.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got two 5* on the regular 10+1, none on FFVII.

My second Seph, which I'm happy about. The other was some version of Fina in a bikini, that's all I remember on that.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I'm definitely behind the curve with things (returned after at least 1.5 years of not playing) but I got my second Randi and my god, this dude wrecks.

He doesn't seem as solid as some Esther friend units I've seen, but I went from "Oh, I can't run ELT with just Randi" to "Randi can solo all of LGD by himself." What a huge jump for me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Spent the two 10+1s this morning, got nothing.

Then I did the step-up: my final haul was Onion Knight #2, Rinoa #2, and my second Randi. So I got what I wanted, but the extra rainbows were pretty disappointing - OK and Rinoa are kind of awful. Would've been nice to get a Flammie for that ace TMR.

Still, I'm glad I didn't need to go completely lapis broke trying to 7* my Randi...especially after the KH collaboration ruined me.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I pulled like 5 rainbows

Yesterday Regina on the 5% summon
2nd Lila on a second pull
10 +1 today gave me Rem
Guaranteed 20% Regina tickets gave me Nagi
Tickets gave me Folhen
VII ticket gave me nothing but I did get 2 Vesvia and I now have 6 of her lol that TMR is too good.

Soooo 45k lapis left and I really want Aerith. I should go for her and just uoc Regina right?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled like 5 rainbows

Yesterday Regina on the 5% summon
2nd Lila on a second pull
10 +1 today gave me Rem
Guaranteed 20% Regina tickets gave me Nagi
Tickets gave me Folhen
VII ticket gave me nothing but I did get 2 Vesvia and I now have 6 of her lol that TMR is too good.

Soooo 45k lapis left and I really want Aerith. I should go for her and just uoc Regina right?

Who do you have, healers and DPS-wise? You really don't need Regina at all if you have Esther.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Who do you have, healers and DPS-wise? You really don't need Regina at all if you have Esther.

Here are all my units 5*-7* units

I have no Esther and only Folka as a good healer.

Elly 7* she has her stmr
Citan 7* has his stmr
Bart 7* has his stmr
Maria 7*
Fei 7*
Lila 7*

6* Folka
6* Veritas of light
6* dark Fina
6* Jecht
6* lightning
6* Ashe
6* Barbariccia

5*
Rem
Folhen
Regina
Ramza
Nagi
Livid Shantotto
Gladiolus

For 4 stars I'm not even sure but I have tons.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Here are all my units 5*-7* units

I have no Esther and only Folka as a good healer.

Elly 7* she has her stmr
Citan 7* has his stmr
Bart 7* has his stmr
Maria 7*
Fei 7*
Lila 7*

6* Folka
6* Veritas of light
6* dark Fina
6* Jecht
6* lightning
6* Ashe
6* Barbariccia

5*
Rem
Folhen
Regina
Ramza
Nagi
Livid Shantotto
Gladiolus

For 4 stars I'm not even sure but I have tons.

If you have Folka, Aeris is kind of a sidegrade. They both do slightly different things really well. Folka is probably very very marginally better in my book. Obviously if you're a fan of Aeris, by all means pull for her, but you definitely don't need her if you have Folka.

As for Regina, if you only need one of her, I would probably just UoC depending on how many fragments you have saved. Anniversary starts next week so don't be like me and flagrantly burn all or most of your lapis right before that.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Posted this elsewhere but I'll put it here too:

My turn 1 raid damage team setup -

Summer Folka & Citra: Double Amusement > Gleaming Sun + Water Fight (Team charm resist + unlock Water Splash)

Summer Lid & Fina: Double Beach Fun > Lovely Water + Shaved Ice (Imbue Water on Regina + DEF Break + Water Imperil)

2 Random Physical DPS Units: Water Splash (build elemental water chain)

Regina: Penta-Tactics > Power Generator + Cana's System + Reboot Command + Anti-Fairy Module + Regina Cannon (Finisher)

Regina on Odin with the Dragon Killers too. With this setup Regina deals a very big number with a 2 at the front. I believe this is over double the 999,999,999 damage result that it shows each time (so 2 billion +)

Does not use the friend unit.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Exellus Reply of the Cossacks is literally my favorite work of art ever created. I'm partial to the bandaged up bald guy blowing smoke out of his nose

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Damn near got the god roll on my Holy Wand, and was able to finally pass the SPR parameter quest, no STMRs required!

hqMvmEl.png

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been closely checking the announcements since I've been busy with the other mobile games + Remaster hype but oh god the VIII awakenings came and I love them. I'm trying to max Squall and Rinoa right now. I will do Zell but I might not have enough at the moment.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Both myself and the other half got nada on both 10+1s. We had a good laugh.

Event 5*EX tickets yielded a 3rd Yego. This is probably my new Lulu, lol.

Didn't roll a Randi the first time the event was around, so there's zero desire to pull on this banner the second time around. Doubly so with anniversary very likely being this coming week. So ready for anniversary events.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Now if I only had better chest piece than Amelia's tm for Regina (I have 0 Hyoh's). IW last floor had the rare. Since I don't really need more atk for this I decided to swap 5% atk instead of 10% hp. This took me over 80 orbs (I had 230 when I started burning them had free time and nothing else to do, was in middle of nowhere waiting time to by) and about 90mins to clear those orbs.

Kinda beastly Jeik's Al-Bhed Kusoge Cannon:

Screenshot_20190622-193621.png