• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
My haul today was moogle prism, 11 ex tix (4x 4*). All those pulls netted me whopping 0 rainbows and 2 Rakshasas. Which has higher chance to get Rainbow or 2 Rakshasas.

Yet it still baffles me that they can't fix the android issue with certain devices. My non working phone came to market 04/2017. That is almost one year after global soft launch of BE.

This is not a way to celebrated games 3rd Anni. Forgetting that veteran players exist and having these all poor decisions and dodgeing questions and showing stupid things on stream (Hey we can ban you.

Trololoo.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, random 3* EX came out as a second Regina (got the first one on one of the pulls last week too).

Only other thing of note was a 4th Seabreeze Fina, got the STMR whip.

I'm up to 60% on chocobo Rain's TMR.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
10+1x2: no rainbows
ticket summon: 2 4*, 5 3*. One 4* got me my first 5* Sabin.
Nothing else exciting, though. The 3rd anniversary summon would be tempting if it weren't for various trolls (Edgar, Sylvie, Esther = great... Ultima, Beowulf, Golbez, Crimson, Nagi, that other Orders I can't recall... not so much). I'd sooner do the heroes bundle again, then at least I'd have a better chance of something I could use.

I'll just keep saving for Charlotte. I still have 30 UoCs, I'm not in a rush to grab anything.

I got the SPR parameter quest, finally, so that was a nice win. Getting some good item world rolls + giving Lakshmi +10% spr put me just over the top.

Voting for 3 (STMR tickets).

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Missed opportunity to not talk about S2 MCs enhancement at the livestream, if you want Charlotte it's not a bad idea to wait her banner before using your 5* EX, I did get 2 Golbez with 4 5* EX so it can happen.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Both 10+ 1's gave me golds and blues only sadly. I'm gonna vote for option 3 but I dunno what i'd use my stmr Moogle on. Maybe Maria or Fei? They are the only limited stmr units I have left without one.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
That anniversary banner seems like it has really great value for 5+ pulls. That's expensive at 25k but that's at least 5 rainbows in a pool of 14 + 1 rainbow of choice with the coins (same pool)

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Out of the two free 10+1s I got nothing but blues and maybe three golds? So demoralizing lol. Thank the gacha gods for Opera Omnia where I got a free EX last night.

I did get a second Onion Knight Refia off an EX ticket though. I don't think she's anything to shout home about but she's cute so I'll take it.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing from the 2 10+1 summons. I did get a 5 star select summon ticket from the anni ticketz tho.

I went all in 25k on that anni banner.
Dupe Akstar
Beowulf
Beowulf
Dupe Fid
King Edgar

I was a little upset and said fuck it and use select summon ticket for 4th Akstar. Got ashen ember and got the rare ability on it from item world.

Honestly thats what I get for chasing Esther/Sylvie. I should have been content with my Akstar and Yuraisha.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
got my second oldest missing rainbow from the two 10+1s today ( Tidus, for the record, my oldest missing is still emporer).

Overall it was a pretty epic weekend for pulls. from the 170 anniversary tickets so far, I got 3 5* tickets, two Prisym moogles, and 14-18 various EX tickets of other denominations.

Total 5* from the past four days are:
Folka (x2), first and second
Reagan #4
Ignacio #2
Seighard #1
Zeno #1
Kimono Ayaka (x2) first and second, first was from the premium 10+1, second was from a ticket on banner
Mediena #3
Randi #1
Yego #1
Trance Terra #3
Black Mage Golbez #1

yami4ct

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing. Is there still a community discord? Link on first page is broken. Live chat probably the easiest way to answer questions I would expect haha

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol so out of nowhere my account disappeared and despite being connected to my google, its now making me restart

Over a hundred bucks over the past year, just gone

Amazing future we're in

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
Is there a problem regarding friend request system? I have not received any friend requests since April. Please someone add me: 804,177,104

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a problem regarding friend request system? I have not received any friend requests since April. Please someone add me: 804,177,104
Yes the friend system has been broken and Elytra (RIP) even acknowledged it on Reddit months ago and it was never fixed. Nice game

Anyways, sent you a req

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Ability descriptions as in Gumi spaghetticode that broke the game in some devices (my other phone for example) is taken away and surprise surprise my other phone works again.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Too complicated to put a flag and remove the ability descriptions just for those phones, so they removed it for all. Awesome.
Spaghetti code indeed. I wish I were a fly on the wall in one of their code review sessions, assuming they actually do those. That's surely some entertaining shit.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
MK 5* was Zeno!

So now I got both version of Akstar sitting around waiting for a 7* partner

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ability descriptions as in Gumi spaghetticode that broke the game in some devices (my other phone for example) is taken away and surprise surprise my other phone works again.
Oh Gumi, why is it so hard to port JP code.
Guess we can get rank / login 3rd anniversary tickets as compensation now :p

NocturneKeoni

Jul 15, 2018
Should I start pulling with for two Zeno or Esthers or just wait another month for another powercreep unit?

Just reviewing those two on the wiki and playing with friends who have those units almost dwarfs everything I have.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to chase the 4th Citra..... and didn't get her. Ugh.....

On the other hand, I picked up 4 Reagans, 4 Ignacios, 3 Sigfrieds (6 total now), and 4 Folkas. Can't complain about 4 STMRs, but it's a hollow victory. At least eReagan will be worth something when his enhancements likely arrive later this month.

And still..... zero Cids, ROFLMAO.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Should I start pulling with for two Zeno or Esthers or just wait another month for another powercreep unit?

Just reviewing those two on the wiki and playing with friends who have those units almost dwarfs everything I have.

We're gonna start getting the CG FF protags pretty soon, and CG Bartz is gonna be an excellent investment if you can wait until then.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Wow they actually reworked all the fan units in an awesome way (those TMR and STMR buff), can't wait to see what's coming for Kryla, still use her as my sole breaker. I'm actually getting excited for all the things they are adding to the Global version.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Malphasie potentially looking real good with gaining DWM-Hybrid, and her STMR being upgraded to provide 60% TDW-Hybrid.

If her banner is another 5k lapis banner, I might just have to chase that 4th Malphasie...

Beryl's TMR will be awesome, now with 40% HP + 30% MAG + 30% SPR. That's going straight onto Folka and Charlotte and Foltra ASAP.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So I checked the schedule and Magitek warrior Terra is gonna hit September Ish? Damn, hope I have enough lapis to 7* her... I'm tempted to use all my rank exp maps for the lapis gain and hopefully rank rewards if they ever happen.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty glad for the fan festa units upgrades. I only have Myra at 7*, but I didnt use her as much as I would've liked what with Rena and now Aerith.

I finished the most recent story update too and I'm at 11ish k lapis, so here's to hoping at least one Charlotte pops out of the step up.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Got one G5 ticket from 215 anni tix, nothing special. Tho I have over 100% to ChocoBroRain tm.

I suggest everyone saves their G5 tickets til tomorrow, for the off chance it being CG Charlotte.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Before the end of June I said I was planning to not use my 3rd anni tickets until we got the rank + login ones (JP got them at the 3rd weeks), so it hit me harder than anyone else that we're not getting them. Where the feeling about being rewarded for our loyalty, Gumi?!
I'll still hold onto them a bit longer in vain hope.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Where the feeling about being rewarded for our loyalty, Gumi?!
I'll still hold onto them a bit longer in vain hope.

We got producers letter and we get something later. It will be adressed during August.

Code:
Producer's Letter

I would like to take this opportunity to answer Question 4 from the 3rd Anniversary Live Stream Event Q&A,
which, although was asked by many of our players, we unfortunately had no time for 
due to the time constraints of our already scheduled programming.

Q4) Will we ever get tickets based on our rank or login days?

Answer: We are planning to implement a system in August which rewards players based on rank and number of days logged in,
so that players can be rewarded for the time they have loyally dedicated to playing our game.

However, the system implemented in the global version will not be identical to the system in the Japanese version since,
as stated previously, the Japanese and global versions are managed separately.
That said, we do strive to operate the global version as efficiently as possible while also incorporating the strengths of the Japanese version.

We would like to motivate our players to actively play the game in order to raise their ranks as much as possible
and gain the various rewards based on their player rank and total login days planned for August.

In the meantime, we would also like to remind everyone to enjoy our special campaigns in July, such as the 3rd anniversary tickets,
login bonuses, daily and 3rd anniversary summons, and the half energy campaign.

Once the details on the above have been decided, we will make announcements in-game
and on our official FFBE accounts on various social networking services. Please look forward to it.

Thank you for your continued support of FFBE!

Hiroki Fujimoto Producer of FFBE Global Version

Source

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like they only said that due to player outrage. Fact we aren't even getting it the month of the anniversary shows they're just making it up as they go.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they're definitely just reacting. Better than ignoring it, I guess.

I'm gonna save the EX Tickets for tomorrow, since I don't have lapis to pull on Charlotte. It would be great to get one of her at least, since i'm only at around 24 UOC tickets or something like that, but I will UOC her twice if I have to.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Just rolled a Myra with today's 5-star EX tickets. I was going to UOC Aerith but Myra seems like she was buffed a lot, maybe she would be the better unit to UOC.
Also got 1st Auron, 1st Squall and 1st Karlette

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
This community on reddit has gotten just too toxic. All this complaining over a handful of these anniversary tickets, which lets me honest, aren't even that great. I mean they are fun, but we're still getting tons of them. Look at all the other shit we've gotten so far this anniversary event. I've already gotten like 6 or 7 rainbow units this week and they just threw a bunch more EX tickets at us and like 200 anniversary tickets AND went out of their way to respond to the (overblown) outrage about "the 4th question"

I feel like a god damned idiot that I have to defend this company because this game is still massively jacked from a technical perspective, and they still do massively boneheaded shit on the fuckin REGULAR, but this is such a minor thing in the grand scheme and it feels like Gumi can do nothing right in the eyes of its fanbase sometimes. Look at all the other fun shit they do to the GL version of this game compared to JP with all the bonus units they make for us (Esther/Sylvie and Zeno were 2 massive surprises they get almost no credit over because of some other overblown outrage when they launched) and all these upgrades to other GLEX units coming bringing them more in line with the meta so people who spent on them don't have them just sitting in their boxes unused.

Big assumption on my part too, but I'd wager a lot of these vocal complainers aren't spending a dime on this game too. Take Gumi to task for the technical mess of this game (friend list STILL broken after months(!!!), constant load times and 'failed to connect" messages, etc) but the constant crying every time they do something even marginally different to the way it was in JP has got to stop. It's proven by now that the decisions they made in the JP version have ran that game into the fucking ground, so if Gumi can right the ship and prevent the GL version from crashing into the iceberg of Summon Fests, let them give it a try

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
500 3rd anniversary tickets pull results

70 stat/limit pots / 15%
20 Chocobo Raintrust moogles / 4%
1 container / 0.2%
109 supercites / 21.8%
194 esper ores / 38.8%
23 IW pots / 4.6%
34 x10 trust coins / 6.8%
28 3* EX tickets / 5.6%
15 4* EX tickets / 3%
5 5* EX tickets / 1%
1 UoC / 0.2%

I'm going to use all my 3* (47) and 4* (29) EXs tomorrow
I now have 15 5* EX but you gotta use them strategically like how I got my Golbez with it lol

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Went ham thanks to all the tickets.

Ended up with another prism and 5 total 5* tickets today, 8 4* and 33 3*.

Total 5* bases from the day are:
1st Roy
3rd Citra
3rd Cid
3rd Delita
2nd Eiko
3rd Esther
2nd Duke
8th Fohlen

Also pulled a Myra from the fountain of tickets ticket yesterday (first one)

norn

Oct 26, 2017
All this complaining over a handful of these anniversary tickets, which lets me honest, aren't even that great.
day 1 players who were consistent were going to get upwards of 2,000 of these tickets. bit more than a handful. it's also insurance against bad rng - it's dope that you've gotten a bunch of rainbows but plenty of people haven't pulled any 5* EX or container moogles from the ones we've gotten to date.

It's proven by now that the decisions they made in the JP version have ran that game into the fucking ground, so if Gumi can right the ship and prevent the GL version from crashing into the iceberg of Summon Fests, let them give it a try
they could have taken UoC out of the ticket pool entirely (while saying they did this and offering an actual reason) - or simply lowering the rates and not saying anything about it - if this was the issue. you're also beyond naive if you think summon fests aren't coming to GL.

the vague nature of their response suggests it's likely they had no plans to implement or address the issue of those tickets or the rewards that would be obtained from them. i'd agree the reddit is unbearable but this is not the issue to cape for gumi over; they actively chose to ignore something they were well aware the most vocal minority of their playerbase were feverishly expecting and reaped entirely predictable social media backlash from it.

you're correct that overall there's been a lot of cool GLEX shit from the anniversary! but it's an unforced error on gumi's part, not the playerbase's part, to spoil that by attempting to ignore the elephant in the room. c'est la vie. maybe they'll learn for fourth anniversary.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Been liking all the 5* we've been getting recently. In the last few days I've pulled:

Aileen x 2 (I have 3 of her now)
Rinoa x 2 (I have 3 of her now)
Cid x 1
Noctis (4th; shame the STMR sucks)
Esther (3rd one; one more for her suit!)
Black Mage Golbez
Hyoh (1st one)
Veritas of the Flame

I don't have enough lapis for anything right now but I'm going to try and save up for Charlotte. I'd love a Myra so I can finally have a 7* healer. Depending on what I pull tomorrow, I'll see who I UoC.

Edit: I managed to get an empty moogle container! How does it work?

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
230 pull:
1 5*EX
5 4*EX

EX pulls:
Beatrix (4th)
Nyx (3rd)
Fohlen (4th)
Awakened Rain (3rd)
Crimson