• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Haul for today

Anniversary coins=3rd prism and a lot of 3 and 4 star tickets.

4th Ramza
6th and 7th beryl (not even from the fanfest pulls!)
2nd Aurora Fryevia
1st dress up aileen

and 1 Malphasie that I got from a fanfest pull after seeing so many people have good luck on them. Was more happy getting the rare ability on beryl stmr.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
This community on reddit has gotten just too toxic. All this complaining over a handful of these anniversary tickets, which lets me honest, aren't even that great. I mean they are fun, but we're still getting tons of them. Look at all the other shit we've gotten so far this anniversary event. I've already gotten like 6 or 7 rainbow units this week and they just threw a bunch more EX tickets at us and like 200 anniversary tickets AND went out of their way to respond to the (overblown) outrage about "the 4th question"

I feel like a god damned idiot that I have to defend this company because this game is still massively jacked from a technical perspective, and they still do massively boneheaded shit on the fuckin REGULAR, but this is such a minor thing in the grand scheme and it feels like Gumi can do nothing right in the eyes of its fanbase sometimes. Look at all the other fun shit they do to the GL version of this game compared to JP with all the bonus units they make for us (Esther/Sylvie and Zeno were 2 massive surprises they get almost no credit over because of some other overblown outrage when they launched) and all these upgrades to other GLEX units coming bringing them more in line with the meta so people who spent on them don't have them just sitting in their boxes unused.

Big assumption on my part too, but I'd wager a lot of these vocal complainers aren't spending a dime on this game too. Take Gumi to task for the technical mess of this game (friend list STILL broken after months(!!!), constant load times and 'failed to connect" messages, etc) but the constant crying every time they do something even marginally different to the way it was in JP has got to stop. It's proven by now that the decisions they made in the JP version have ran that game into the fucking ground, so if Gumi can right the ship and prevent the GL version from crashing into the iceberg of Summon Fests, let them give it a try

Premise: Long time players should be compesated for sticking with the game for so long, there's no doubt about it.

Said hat I 100% agree, you go to Reddit and people are still calling Gumi scummy because according to them, reworking the fanfesta characters is only an excuse to distract us as we should be outraged every single minute (the same with the inventory increase, just adding them to ease the outrage, no Sophia prism? Scummy and stingy, ignoring the fact that Japan has to wait six months for a prism). I think this anniversary has been great, amazing bundles, amazing banners, this week they did so many great things and people are stil crying for the tickets, which in the grand scheme of things aren't even that important, because they are not going to make the game any better.
As a player I'm pretty excited for the game right now, all the content they announced are fantastic, especially the rewards for using more units and the option to use your own unit as a companion. Those are the important things for the future of the game.
The comparison with the JP version is even more laughable because most of the people don't even play the JP version and they only use the JP version to compare the rewards, they never mention the game breaking bugs that hit the JP version or when Global get better banners. Meta-wise the GL version is so much better than the Japanese one, since we have so many cool characters to play with.

The biggest problem with the game are the bugs, the lapis pricing and the PR (which got better, but still fail at the most simple things). I think Gumi should drop the faux "we do the best for you, we're your friend blablabla" PR, you're here to make money, not to be our friends, we know that. They should just say the Global version is not going to get the same rewards as Japan because it hurts their bottom line, if you agree enjoy the game, if you don't play the JP version. Less outrage and less headache for everybody.
I'm still 100% sure we're getting the Summon fest too, but a better version than the JP one. I think their plan is just releasing more units than Japan, amazing global exclusive units like Esther or Elena that can be UoCd and summon fest units that can't be UoCd like in Japan.

Meta-wise I think Gumi is doing the right thing by releasing all this strong units, if they want people to pull and consume their lapis that's the best way to do it. I was never going to pull on the Fan Fest banner, but with their upgrades (buffing the units designed by the fans is what I call reaching out to the community) I changed my mind, because I want more units to have fun with. Likewise I will pull for Elena if she's great. I'm happy to be able to completely ignore the JP crystal ball. I don't think character like Esther, Zeno or Sylvie are destroying the meta, because to clear the hardest content you still need to use the Wiki and have the right gear, having them just make things more manageable and more fun, I don't have to make the perfect decision every single turn, I can make mistakes and still clear the fight. More meta units means more variety and options.

Now they have to keep their promises, especially the one a month exclusive trial, this game needs more content than the usual mindless grinding. They should reduce or change the energy spending system for the trials, because it's not fun to waste so much energy just to die in one turn, the game should take the energy only when you clear the trial.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
day 1 players who were consistent were going to get upwards of 2,000 of these tickets. bit more than a handful. it's also insurance against bad rng - it's dope that you've gotten a bunch of rainbows but plenty of people haven't pulled any 5* EX or container moogles from the ones we've gotten to date.
I think I've gotten...maybe 1 5* EX tix and 1 UoC from all the anniversary tickets we've gotten so far, so I'm not exactly rolling in it. I just meant all the anniversary handouts in general. There have been a lot of them. I wouldn't say no to 2,000 more of the anniversary tickets, and I think Gumi should always go out of their way to fellate those of us that have been around since day 1, since we're the ones the most fed up with all the miscellaneous bullshit that impedes the game, but this isn't the hill I'd die on. I certainly wouldn't continue banging my chest over it after Gumi specifically went out of their way to address it and say they're doing something about it. If you look at the reddit thread about this it's still just a bunch of people talking about how much the game still sucks and they're fed up. Gumi could give us all 10 free UoC's and however many guaranteed rainbow tickets tomorrow and people would still complain. That's the part I think is tiring.

It might be naive of me to think the Summon Fest stuff will change in its GL implementation, but I personally think it's even more naive of Square Enix/Alim/Gumi to assume there won't be a mass exodus of GL players just like their was in JP if they bring it over as is. Even given all the bad decisions Gumi has made regarding GL version up to this point, I have to believe they aren't dumb enough to just bring them over here as is given how volatile this community already is

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
OK so from spending 20k lapis today plus all the anniversary tickets and such:

SS Nichol #2
M.Ramza #2
Balthier #2
PS Rydia #1 & #2
Queen #2
Nyx #4
Barbariccia #2
Malphaise #2
Crimson #1 & #2
Esther #3
LM Fina #4
Zeno of the Beta Star #2

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I pulled the Fan Fiesta 10+1 ticket on a whim and got my 2nd Myra! yey
(only rainbow though)

We got a lot of pulls in Discord from this banner. Conclusion was that rates are good, might be closer to 10% than 5% (or 3%). So many double / triple and even four rainbows in multi. Obviously there was posted pics of only the guaranteed ones too. Myself I got 2x Myra and 1x Malphasie in my 5k multi. Both new to me so now Iam happy owner of 7* Myra (I did max it yesterday)

I don't have a clue how use Myra tho and very curious to see what she will be when new day rises.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
3 Charlotte's and 1 Crimson on my lap. All three Charlotte's were in the final 5k pull

Three 5*EX tickets that were before the lap were Cloud #2, Sephiroth #2, and High Seraph Ultima #2

Last edited:

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
My 2 EXs were a fifth Dark Fina (lol) and a second Yego.

Haven't done all the normal EX pulls yet.

I'll only have enough for the first step of Charlotte's banner after I do a couple quests.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
My 3 G5 were:
* Ignacio
* A.Rain
* Ignis

All were 2nd copies so I can do them to 7* if needed.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
My 3 EX rainbows:

Lulu #1, whatever
Knight Delita #3, whatever
Marie #7, normally this would trigger me but I'm close to a 2nd STMR and her STMR rocks. Always in use and could definitely use a 2nd one, so bring on Marie 8!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Why does 3* EX tickets even exist, 47 used no even a single rainbow (nice 3% rates)
Video is almost 10 mins long so no point in uploading it.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok this one is so good I will have to upload it, used 100 normal tickets, you'll not believe what happened next!

Yep, 0 rainbow, such a pleasing and rewarding pulling experience, this game offer!
Video is 20 mins long

EDIT : there, you have it

30 mins, 147 tickets, 0 rainbow.
Next time people wonder why I'm almost never pulling, I'll just link to this post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Here the 29 4* EX result and step-up, thankfully they're much shorter (you can skip 4* EX I only got Cilka with those)

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
And the first step of the step up was a bust, as expected. I'll only be throwing any eventual tickets we get at the banner since i'm out of lapis.

Oh well, can't win them all.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Here the 29 4* EX result and step-up, thankfully they're much shorter (you can skip 4* EX I only got Cilka with those)

Man.
I would so like to ask from devs, whose brainfart that blue to gold change is. You get xx guaranteed Cactuars (as in Gold) and some of them are changing from blue to gold.

There was a time when we got rid of this shit and now its back. No, we don't want blue to gold changes, they do nothing good.

Your ticket pulls were miserable :/

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first 5* EX and moogle prism from the anni tickets yesterday.
No rainbows from the 3-4 * ex tickets (had around 25 and 6 respectively)
5* EXs: Sylvie (2nd!), Nalu (3rd), Zargabaath (3rd)

Step-up yielded:
Regina (1st)
Balthier (2nd)
MS Nichol (3rd)
Charlotte (just one)
Banner rates can be rough.
I had 2 10% tickets that I also threw at the banner, but no dice. I'm disappointed, but I'm up to 30 UOC tickets so I'll use one of them for the other half of Charlotte.

Happy about that Sylvie, though, and being closer to STMR on 3 units is pretty cool.
I still have tickets from that intro mission... so I'll give that a shot once I've cleared my unit box out some. I had room for 50 and now I'm 40 over...

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
UubQnaU.png

Not good

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Burned through my EX stash as well as did the step-up. The short version is I got really lucky off of 3* tickets and got nothing from the step-up and 4* tickets. I'm now also 126 units above my cap. I really should've burned my energy/orbs before pulling.

64 3* EX:
Edgar (1st)
Lunera(3rd)
Elfreeda(2nd) Finally, around the time TDW is coming in
Livid Shantotto(2nd)
Beryl(1st) Tonberry Tank! But I guess he's not getting used.

29 4* EX:
nothing :(

Charlotte StepUp:
3rd Step Guaranteed: Jecht(1st)
Charlotte from guaranteed.
Well, that was sad. No extra rainbows on the step up.

Tickets!
3 10% Tickets -> Zilch
25 3* Tickets later
Dark Knight Cecil(4th)
Sylvie(3rd)
Second Charlotte.

4 5* EX Tickets
Circe(1st)
Summer Folka & Ctira(2nd)
I'm surprised I managed to get a 7* unit using 5* ex tickets from the anniversary, but I'm not complaining.
Livid Shantotto(3rd)
Nagi(1st)

Edit: that took so long, back to 100 or so unit free space.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I got fed up with having been unable to beat 3 star Alex so I just used 2 UoCs to get a Fid and just killed him on turn 1 to get the esper. I'll figure out how to beat him with missions later. I'm sure I could have figured out a way to do that with different units in my box but don't feel too bad about having a 7* Fid and 20 less UoC tickets

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Suck that we're back to non specific ability description.
Charlotte's CD couldn't be less confusing, it doesn't say it's AoE for example, or how much it's increasing the resist.
Guess we'll have to use "unofficial sources" again.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
First ticket on the banner got me my first Charolette. The other 23 gave me nothing. Then, on the EX side of things, the 45 tickets I had gave me my third Nyx. I might pull on the Festa banner since I'd love a second Myra. I think I'll just UoC my 2nd Charlotte. Would I need her STMR?

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody fuckin with the Charlotte 5+1's? I don't really need her so I'm saving my lapis, but it's pretty tempting seeing them there so cheap...

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
One of the two rare tickets from the Charlotte intro event went rainbow and gave me my first Sacred Shield Char yay.

With EX tickets, I took home....
34 3* - gross, all gross
6 4* - Atoning Dragoon Kain (is he missing his...face?)
4 5* - Onion Knight Refia #3
Crimson
Lunera #3
Akstar #2

Not bad. Will UoC my second Charlotte. Isn't there another VII event sometime soon-ish? With Yuffie? That's what I'll probably save for next.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
Got 2 UoC tickets and 3 5* EX tickets from 215 pulls. Pretty decent.

Decided to use my regular tickets (had 20) and EX tickets (all gotten from event) up pre-Charlotte (I'll never be meta mostly because the best units are ones I don't really like the design of OTL). Also was hoping I'd get Randi. Ended up with:
Awakened Rain (1st)
Nagi (1st)
Kimono Ayaka (1st)
Wilhelm (4th)
High Seraph Ultima (2nd)
Tifa (2nd)
Trance Terra (5th)
Onion Knight (1st)
Cid (3rd)
Loren (1st)
Randi (1st - on my very last 4* regular ticket to pull with!)

Pree happy!

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
Step 1:
Ramza #3
Step 2:
CG Charlotte #1
Step 3:
CG Charlotte #2 & #3, CG Citra #2, and Ace #4
Step 4:
Blues and golds
Step 5:
CG Charlotte #4

Anniversary tix -> 5x -> Monk Sabin #1

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
After Lenna there is no units I'm looking forward for the next like 5 months, so I'll use all my 5* EX there and hope for interesting GLEX
I'd pull for Garland but he's a free unit.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to do the Fan Festa ticket and made out nicely. Got 2 Malphs and Berry. Decided to burn the 3* Ex tickets(60ish), 4 Yellows, 1 Rainbow, rest blues. Game really needs to buff those rates

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Failed to pull Charlotte, no rainbow at all from all my ticket.

But i got 1st Golbez from free daily pull.

Also spent 5 5* ticket.
2nd Golbez lol. literally after pulling the first one from daily
1st Dark Knight Luneth
3rd A. Rain
2nd Lunera
2nd Beryl

And from Mog King 5* pull, 2nd Myra.

Both Beryl and Myra seems fun, i will probably use them to replace Folka and Loren.

Not sure about Golbez, how do he fare right now? My 2nd strongest mage chainer is still Lulu now.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
CG Charlotte bugs.
Loaned friend Charlotte to Story Event chapter 8. After every stage Charlotte was at 0 LB while other uits kept their lb up between battles.

Going to do another 5000 pull to FF unitsafter day changes and I have 5k Lapis. Its no brainer for me since I have 2 Beryl, 2 Myra, 3 Ellesp, 1 Malp.

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
Basch is my main magic tanker atm. Should i pull 25k for CG Charlotte? I intend to pull for CG Bazrt and Lenna but Zeno and Folka might be enough.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
10% Ticket was gold. My 0 rainbows streak from % tickets that don't guarantee rainbows continues.

Regina was THE unit to Bonus Stage.

3rd Boss both Esthers (non elemental, cause no clue if resist Lightning) did lousy chain damage but Regina just shot that demon to orbit by doing fuckton of damage (Kryla tossed Odin). Blue bird was done in 2 turns, some unit counter did paralyze the bird after 1st turn. First boss was one turned too.

Screenshot_20190706-113943.png
Screenshot_20190706-115015.png

Used total of 10000 Lapis to Fan Festa banner Thursday & Saturday. This is one of the best banners we have had.

I got: 3x Myra, 1x Malph, 2x Beryl. I didnt have Malph nor Myra earlier, I did have 2 Beryl thus getting stmr. I do have 3 Ellesp, waiting the day I get 4th.

Screenshot_20190704-173917.png
Screenshot_20190706-121901.png

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of rainbow, I'm jealous. And yeah this banner is really good.
The game own me 5 rainbows after that 160 summons no rainbow streak. (3% is a lie)

Edit : bonus stages were easy, it was fun seeing the last boss doing so little damage to Charlotte, her LB is so broken.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got pretty lucky but meh nothing game changing.

Normal 4* EX+ tickets before anniversary
Sieghard #1 (I finally have a good tank but he's worthless atm)

5* EX tickets before anniversary pulls

Karlette #1 (That TMR looks great for my Elly so cool!)
Raegan #1 (Nice I guess) 2 more heroes to go with my Folka for 3x bonus.....on the chocobo event.

Anniversary pulls

6 UoC tickets. I'm very happy with that!
2 Prism moogle 5 stars
Absolutely 0 5* tickets
7 EX 4* tickets+ = Onion Knight Refia #1 ....meh I dont like FF III
31 EX normal 3* tickets= Nyx on # 13 ticket was Rainbow.... and 13 is pretty much my lucky number so I can't believe the game would give me a rainbow but something I dislike. AND TIFA (points to avatar) FINALLY at my third last ticket. Too bad she's worthless atm.... so I'm just keeping her chilling with Aerith.

Tbh, I haven't even decided what I want to Uoc yet.... and I'm just gonna keep saving. Who knows if I get shafted when CG Terra releases and CG Dark Fina. I was thinking Aerith but the game trolled me and gave me another Folka RIGHT AFTER I WASTED MY LAPIS ON AERITH. Still salty as hell about that.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
If I could get 5k in the next few days I would pull at least once on FF.

I'm just not sure I can go from 500 to 5k

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
If I could get 5k in the next few days I would pull at least once on FF.

I'm just not sure I can go from 500 to 5k

I think its tomorrow when we get 1500 Lapis tomorrow from special login. Story Event gives 3k or something, SE cryst stages give 800 but they should come Thursday after maintenance.
Newest story (if you havent done) gives few k's and from daily q + arena you get 90 + something per day and then some Lapis from ads.

Sharing Regina for easy Bonus Stage clear, just get 2 chainers and loan my Regina and have someone feed elixir to Regina.

Use these to cap chain, takes some time to get skill active (restart app if you fail chain timing):
1. Penta Tactics: -> Power Generator, Cana's System, Reboot Command, Anti-Machine Module (last stage Anti-Demon Module), Regina Cannon.

Screenshot_20190706-203608.png
Screenshot_20190706-203617.png

Also had 8 rounder in KM event.

Screenshot_20190706-204229.png
Screenshot_20190706-204417.png

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Circe definitely my favorite unit now. Crazy damage with so many elements to choose from is pretty sick.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Going to UoC a second Circe and call it a day.

If it helps you clear some dungeons you are stuck then go ahead and UoC. But if you are doing it cause it is a good unit, don't waste your UoC to it.
Also not saying you should or not do it. But there is a chance that by using 5000 Lapis you get another Circe. I think 10 UoC tickets are way more than that.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Did one fan festa pull. Got my third Malphasie and first beryl.

Not as good as the sworn six pull last week but pretty good.

Got lots of options for UoC, 2nd Seig, 2nd Circe, 2nd Myra

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
It's my birthday and Gumi celebrated it by giving me absolutely all blues (including a few EXs from the Anni tickets). It was almost impressive.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was thankfully able to recover my account and was so relieved i didnt lose everything that I didnt realize i had so many resources to spend and ended up pulling a ridiculous amount of bullshit:

2 Zenos in a row
Second Golbez
Second Trance Terra
Second Hyoh
And a few firdt 5*s(Squall, Myra, Lid, and Oknight)

Is it worth it to grab two Esthers if I already have a 7* Zeno? They chain well but Ive heard not to pull for one if you already have the other

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Is it worth it to grab two Esthers if I already have a 7* Zeno? They chain well but Ive heard not to pull for one if you already have the other

No its not worth. Granted if you accidentally get 2 you can level Esther, but I would not use resources to chase / UoC 2 Esther when having 7* Zeno.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got a few 3* EX and 4* EX with 100 3rd anni tickets (no container/5* EX/UoC) that made me get my first Marie and King Edgar.
Game still own me 3 more rainbows.
Free 10+1 and daily was sh*t like always.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Only time I could EVER imagine UoC'ing a damage dealer is if you're woefully behind the meta and you went hard on a banner but only got 1 of the 2 you need to make a 7*

I'm hardly an expert, but I imagine you could pass all the content available in this game with almost any 7* DPS unit and an appropriate chaining friend. You ain't clearing SHIT without proper tanks, a breaker and good supports.