• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Only time I could EVER imagine UoC'ing a damage dealer is if you're woefully behind the meta and you went hard on a banner but only got 1 of the 2 you need to make a 7*

I'm hardly an expert, but I imagine you could pass all the content available in this game with almost any 7* DPS unit and an appropriate chaining friend. You ain't clearing SHIT without proper tanks, a breaker and good supports.
Tank/support in general have the longest longevity so they should be the N°1 priority if you lacking a good one.
I agree DPS get powercreep so fast it's not worth it, unless you're one away from an amazing STMR.

I'm doing every event trial/bonus stages with double Golbez and have no trouble.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Got second Emporer Shera and my second Barbie out of the free pull and 10+1 today.

Not too shabby, shera still useless (until 4 right? because his STMR is actually decent or something) but Barbie is awesome as usual.

not a second Circe, but hey who is?

EDIT: are there any trials that Seig 7* is absolutely required for? I currently have Willy as my Phys tank, but looking at my options.
What about Galuf? Is he worth waiting on?

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I rolled a single 4 star ticket on Charlotte's banner for the 4-star unit with the Spirit armor TMR and it changed into a rainbow. Now I have a SS Charlotte that I wasn't really looking for... now IDK if I roll on the step up (only have 10k lapis). My only 7 star tank was Awakened Rain and I was saving my UOCs for Galuf. those damn gatchas.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
10+1 was crappola. Did get a second Aileen and my first Kimono Ayaka off EX tickets though. You win some you lose some.

So it sounds like Circe is the new hotness? She was my first 7* so I have a soft spot for her.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No its not worth. Granted if you accidentally get 2 you can level Esther, but I would not use resources to chase / UoC 2 Esther when having 7* Zeno.
Damn, lowkey disappointed I basically skipped right over such a cool design, but that atleast leaves room for me to pick non dps units.

Would getting a second Wilhelm and a second Myra be a waste? Ive no 7* tanks and only two 6* healers(LMF and Myra) And I know LMF is the better healer but Myra's stat boosts are a heavy temptation.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
10+1 was garbage.... but I got really lucky on tickets. My remaining anniversary pulls gave me about 10 4* ex+ tickets. 2 of them were rainbow... Reberta and Seaside Nichol. I got a 5* guaranteed ticket finally and it was Basch. Overall, I seem to get lucky with units I don't want... But the good news is I do have almost 25 Uoc tickets now.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
FF VII raid this week, also is that it for 3rd anniversary tickets? A lot of people didn't get UoC nor containers, it doesn't feel like a celebration at all.
So far the rewards of this anniversary are so disappointing, especially when you compare to last year. You'd think it's just a normal month with more free blue summons.

EDIT : looks like there is come in the raid summon, yay RNG on top of RNG!

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
So far the rewards of this anniversary are so disappointing, especially when you compare to last year.

Thanks Gumi. I so loved that one normal ticket we got today as part of Anniversary login bonus.
That 3* Luna was so great addon to my collection of dusty units.

Anni3 is a big joke, it just means I only login and log out (rather force close app) and come in next day, so generous and fun event we have.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing about the season 2 main characters ability awakening, we're going to have to wait 2 weeks after their event ended to get those, yep makes sense.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Still nothing about the season 2 main characters ability awakening, I fear they're going to lock everything behind the Series Boss Battles, ugh.

Gumi put info about raid and there is vague wording about anniversary tickets. Conclusion is that its just bad typing of Gumi part and raid gacha does not include anni tickets, they are only as player points rewards.

At the moment info has text:
Raid summons can be performed using raid coins.
Rewards consist of 3rd Anniversary Tickets, 4*+ Guaranteed Tickets, recipes for crafting limited equipment, and much more!

Why the heck they need to do everything so poorly.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Lol they're putting out a banner with Esther and Zeno (and another with Fid), gotta grab all the money.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Gumi put info about raid and there is vague wording about anniversary tickets. Conclusion is that its just bad typing of Gumi part and raid gacha does not include anni tickets, they are only as player points rewards.

At the moment info has text:

Why the heck they need to do everything so poorly.
Didn't check reddit so thanks for sharing.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Did my Charlotte pulls. I got one on the half daily summon, and 3 more on a lap on the step-up. I also ended up getting my 4th Squall (yay for Esther).

Weekly free 10+1 was all crap.

This raid stuff is so sad, the whole anniversary was handled so poorly.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Got lapis and pulled on the 5+1 and got my second Charlotte. I'm happy!

Also, if anyone wants to add me - 854,295,222 is my ID. Nothing great on my team but it's slowly getting there!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Having such a hard time finding the motivation to do even my daily routine stuff lately. It takes like 1-2 hours of playing this to do just the bare minimum daily checklist stuff. I have almost a million Mana raid coins about to expire and I know it's going to take a literal hour of constant summoning just to get them all used up, THEN whatever time it takes combining cactuars and TMR moogles... Not only that but I've had this same burnout after literally every raid for the last 2+ years and it's finally wearing me down. I actually can't believe there hasn't been a way to summon more than 10,000 raid coins at a time after all these years.

I'm so tempted to just delete this app, but I know I will just immediately reinstall it so I don't miss a god damned log in day. I don't know what to do. Why won't they just make it better?

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Having such a hard time finding the motivation to do even my daily routine stuff lately. It takes like 1-2 hours of playing this to do just the bare minimum daily checklist stuff. I have almost a million Mana raid coins about to expire and I know it's going to take a literal hour of constant summoning just to get them all used up, THEN whatever time it takes combining cactuars and TMR moogles... Not only that but I've had this same burnout after literally every raid for the last 2+ years and it's finally wearing me down. I actually can't believe there hasn't been a way to summon more than 10,000 raid coins at a time after all these years.

I'm so tempted to just delete this app, but I know I will just immediately reinstall it so I don't miss a god damned log in day. I don't know what to do. Why won't they just make it better?
I try to raid summon every few days as the raid is ongoing. I don't single-fuse cactaurs anymore. Unless I really want a TMR (like I did for flammie drum on SoM), I stop the raid once I hit the moogle reward tier.

It's not like I need the gil or the cactaurs that badly. What content do I need them for? I don't need trial rewards, because the only thing I would need them for is future trials. There's not much there between "bonus stage tier" fights and recent trials.

hutna

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair there have been a good amount of QOL changes in the last 6 months, but they would all pale in the face of an autocombiner for cactuars/moogles (mostly cactuars). It's just busy work combining them and is very unfun.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

I kinda agree that doing the dailies take way too long, between 10x Arena / 3x the current event / item world or raid, it can easily takes 45 mins at best just for that and that's way too much.
Dissidia's daily is just doing 5 stages and you're done in 5 mins.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair there have been a good amount of QOL changes in the last 6 months, but they would all pale in the face of an autocombiner for cactuars/moogles (mostly cactuars). It's just busy work combining them and is very unfun.
You say QoL changes, but in reality they've just been the BARE MINIMUM changes to bring this old-ass app even a fraction of the way up to the standards of modern mobile games. Given all the changes they've made over the last year this game's UI is still dogshit compared to modern games. The entire concept of cactuars as a unit that you have to feed to each other and then to other units for exp is antiquated as hell. In new games these are just items that you have in an inventory somewhere that you can ignore until you feed them directly and don't have to do any kind of management with them. The amount of dumb micro-managey stuff you have to do in this game for basic functions is painful

hutna

Oct 25, 2017
You say QoL changes, but in reality they've just been the BARE MINIMUM changes to bring this old-ass app even a fraction of the way up to the standards of modern mobile games. Given all the changes they've made over the last year this game's UI is still dogshit compared to modern games. The entire concept of cactuars as a unit that you have to feed to each other and then to other units for exp is antiquated as hell. In new games these are just items that you have in an inventory somewhere that you can ignore until you feed them directly and don't have to do any kind of management with them. The amount of dumb micro-managey stuff you have to do in this game for basic functions is painful

Yup. That last sentence is exactly how I feel.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda agree that doing the dailies take way too long, between 10x Arena / 3x the current event / item world or raid, it can easily takes 45 mins at best just for that and that's way too much.
Dissidia's daily is just doing 5 stages and you're done in 5 mins.
The amount of dumb micro-managey stuff you have to do in this game for basic functions is painful
Yup. That last sentence is exactly how I feel.

Iam glad that Iam not the only one thinking same way. Insted of streamlining shit, they add more shit and if you want to do everything it takes more time per day. Fuck that noise, I just do whatever I want. If I get bad pulls from some freebie pull I might just close the app and come next day back. Motivation to do something time wasting is quickly vanished. It doesn't help that this anniversary sucks badly and they made it too long and focusing on new accounts. And when forced just saying some vague things about vet / old accos.

Like seriously 1 lousy ticket for login reward after login streak of +10 days during anniversary. LOL.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a problem regarding friend request system? I have not received any friend requests since April. Please someone add me: 804,177,104

Added you :)

Talking of all the tasks you have to do each day in the game, is it only me that HAS to clear all their NRG, Raid/IW/Arena Orbs etc before they go to sleep? :p it's pretty much turned into a nightly ritual that keeps me awake longer.

Managed to get my first Regina and there was another Rainbow which let me get a 7* form but forgot who he was haha. Both from the 10+1 ticket which was cool. Really excited for Yuffie and Zack, hopefully I get one of each! Still need to use the 3rd Anniversary Tickets...

Edit: Oh wow I completely forgot about The Mana Beast Raid Summons!! So much going on :o would have missed out, just redeeming them all now.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Added you :)

Talking of all the tasks you have to do each day in the game, is it only me that HAS to clear all their NRG, Raid/IW/Arena Orbs etc before they go to sleep? :p it's pretty much turned into a nightly ritual that keeps me awake longer.

Managed to get my first Regina and there was another Rainbow which let me get a 7* form but forgot who he was haha. Both from the 10+1 ticket which was cool. Really excited for Yuffie and Zack, hopefully I get one of each! Still need to use the 3rd Anniversary Tickets...
I have tried really hard to stop doing that lately. Last night before bed I did the first floor of IW and then realized it wasn't worth it and I was just making myself miserable and shut it down and went to sleep. NRG I don't even care about, I will let it waste now. I've got hundreds of potions to restore if I ever need to do something important. Arena I just do my 10 a days, but even those I'm getting so overloaded on stat pots it's almost not worth it to do them anymore. And raids, aside from TMR moogles, I haven't needed any of the rewards for raids in almost a year, yet I still do them as often as I can. It's just a habit I've formed at this point and for the most part it doesn't even provide pleasure, I just do it out of a weird sense of obligation and it's dumb

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Took me a while but I'm done with IW this time, I don't have a lot of gear to run through but wanted good roll on the spirit sword.

7ea5ad02-4a1b-42e9-814rk5l.png

I'm never going to use those IW potions lmao
For Arena I win the first 3 days then give up 10x Monday to Thursday, it's enough to be top 30k. Trying to speed through the dailies as fast as possible.

Edit : sounds like Charlotte rates were busted too? https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/cbhns7/results_for_community_data_pooling_on_cg/
We'll see if true/what happen but I did have my worst luck ever on that banner.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Do we know how much anniversary tickets will drop per raid summon? Because I've never seen a 4* ticket + from raid summons and I've summoned too many times to count. Only seen the 5* trust moogle a few times.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know how much anniversary tickets will drop per raid summon? Because I've never seen a 4* ticket + from raid summons and I've summoned too many times to count. Only seen the 5* trust moogle a few times.

Most likely 0 from summons (summon picture doesn't have anni tix pic) and about 50(?) as reward for acquring enough raid points. Stingy Gumi being stingy.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm gonna have to power through some more of the main story for lapis to feed my VII pulls. Gotta have Yuffie!

And just to chime in on the QoL discussion, as someone who is still relatively new to this game, is there really no way to tell what unit a specific trust moogle is tied to? I have a bunch of 5% moogles from free dailies and I've been googling who they should be infused to. I feel like I'm missing something there, like there has to be a more obvious way?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to power through some more of the main story for lapis to feed my VII pulls. Gotta have Yuffie!

And just to chime in on the QoL discussion, as someone who is still relatively new to this game, is there really no way to tell what unit a specific trust moogle is tied to? I have a bunch of 5% moogles from free dailies and I've been googling who they should be infused to. I feel like I'm missing something there, like there has to be a more obvious way?

Sort by trust name.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a couple of tickets away from a UoC. Would it make more sense for me to UoC a second Sylvie or a first Tank (I have nothing resembling an upper tier tank)?

I also have a 7* Yuna and a 6* LM Fina and multiple 7* physical and magic damage dealers

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a couple of tickets away from a UoC. Would it make more sense for me to UoC a second Sylvie or a first Tank (I have nothing resembling an upper tier tank)?

I also have a 7* Yuna and a 6* LM Fina and multiple 7* physical and magic damage dealers

Don't use your first UoC to 6* tank, having 6* tank is almost same as maxed Warrior of Light tanking. You never know when you pull one and most likely it will be different tank than the one you UoCed.

Iam not sure if I would use it to second Sylvie either. You could wait the time when you pull your first tank and ask here again if its good to uoc or not.

Also you could prolly use your Lapis to Charlotte Step-Up banner if you haven't done so already.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Don't use your first UoC to 6* tank, having 6* tank is almost same as maxed Warrior of Light tanking. You never know when you pull one and most likely it will be different tank than the one you UoCed.

Iam not sure if I would use it to second Sylvie either. You could wait the time when you pull your first tank and ask here again if its good to uoc or not.

Also you could prolly use your Lapis to Charlotte Step-Up banner if you haven't done so already.

Ok thanks I'll wait! I have like 500 lapis right now so I have some work to do building that back up!

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017

As long as you have a decent breaker a 6* Sylvie is pretty serviceable on her own. 7* doesn't add a ton to her kit (triple cast is nice... but there aren't many fights when you need to do her things three times unless you're constantly being dispelled, and imbues/chaining moves probably don't do much for you if you already have DPS units)

I'd consider waiting until you roll a 5* tank and uoc your second if they're good enough.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to all compensation I managed to get 5k Lapis and made my 3rd FanFesta banner pull. 1st Circe and 4th Ellesperis. All in all 15000 lapis (as in 3 multi) netted me these FF units:

3x Myra (1st 2nd 3rd)
2x Beryl (3rd & 4th)
1x Malphasie (new)
1x Circe (new)
1x Ellesperis (4th)

8 rainbows total, Lapis well spent, something Gumi did right during this anni.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, we can now select our own unit instead of a friend. This is huge. It seems to be only for trials for now?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Slapped stoned Esther to Event 2 tab. Good for Egg trial.

If someone wants to do ELT 25x times (For G5):
2x Esther and magic tank (Earth res +100%) covering. Rest can be different units for unit usage mission.
Esthers:
1st turn Shock Embrace and Combat Overdrive,
2nd turn Bolting strike and 2x Demagnetizing strike -> Boss dead.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Good advice Rixa! I did ELT with Nyx and two entrusters for Esther x2 LB, and Sylvie for buffs and DEF/SPR break.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the egg, I remember hating it because it can one shoot (doing something like 80k damage) 3 units without you knowing what cause this.
This happened on the lowest difficulty so I just gave up.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Is this egg trial limited time? It's a neat idea but this shit stresses me out cause I gotta spend all the time outfitting a bunch of different units to do it

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Is this egg trial limited time? It's a neat idea but this shit stresses me out cause I gotta spend all the time outfitting a bunch of different units to do it

It's permanent, some of the rewards are awesome, it's easy to reach every goals on Elite if you have Esther + friends, LGD is gonna take a lot of time. They actually got it right with the trial using only 5 energy.

Now I'm really curious to see Elena, give me something OP.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Good advice Rixa! I did ELT with Nyx and two entrusters for Esther x2 LB, and Sylvie for buffs and DEF/SPR break.
I don't like the egg, I remember hating it because it can one shoot (doing something like 80k damage) 3 units without you knowing what cause this.
This happened on the lowest difficulty so I just gave up.
It's permanent, some of the rewards are awesome, it's easy to reach every goals on Elite if you have Esther + friends, LGD is gonna take a lot of time. They actually got it right with the trial using only 5 energy.

Discussed on Discord yesterday. For LGD:

2x Esther
1x Earth Veritas that is 100% evade and boost rest of the team Earth resist (to over 100%)
2x Aoe reraiser (LMF / Rena) for 4% threshold 99999 fixed damage.
2x Scrubs

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
For LGD, Charlotte and Zarg are top tier with their 50% general mitigation LBs (besides the obvious Esther and Sylvie).
That reduces the damage considerably, paired with earth resistance. I did all the extra stages yesterday and it went pretty quickly and efficiently.

It's nice to have a low cost trial to try things out in.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Regular 10+1=nothing
Premium 10+1= Summer Lid and Fina #1
50 anniversary tickets= One 5* select summon ticket, four 4 *EX tickets, and three 3* EX tickets.
Of those 7 EX tickets, THREE of them turned rainbow. Folka #1, Zack #1, and Aloha Laswell #1.

Just ridiculous EX pulls

Last edited: