• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to log back in after a long hiatus, not gonna be playing regularly again anytime soon, just seeing the daily rewards.

I'm 100% convinced this game ups your rainbow chance after a hiatus to try and lure you back in.

Go 2 CG Charlottes in one 10+1 step up pull. A second Esther and BM Golbez in another. 2 Summer Fids, Yuraisha, and a 3rd Auron all in another 10+1 pull. 1 King Edgar and 2 Sabin in another. And more I can't remember.

It was raining rainbows back to back to back, I think only one of the 10+1 pulls I did didn't have a rainbow in it. Completely fucking ridiculous.
I too have been convinced that the game ups my rainbow chance whenever I threaten to uninstall it. I'd love to just quit but honestly my unit collection rivals some whales' collections. I feel like it'd be such a waste to throw away all this power

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow within the span of less than a week, and thru a massive stroke of luck, I actually managed to make it to 24k lapis (from 17k last Friday!). The stroke of luck being that I just hit the end of a reward wheel bonus for 500 free lapis. So even had I not miraculously pulled my 2nd Charlotte out of a ticket yesterday, I still would have been able to do her full step up for the guaranteed at the end. Too bad her STMR is massive butt, or I'd be tempted to run the step up just to get an STMR. Oh well, lapis lives to see another day

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow within the span of less than a week, and thru a massive stroke of luck, I actually managed to make it to 24k lapis (from 17k last Friday!). The stroke of luck being that I just hit the end of a reward wheel bonus for 500 free lapis. So even had I not miraculously pulled my 2nd Charlotte out of a ticket yesterday, I still would have been able to do her full step up for the guaranteed at the end. Too bad her STMR is massive butt, or I'd be tempted to run the step up just to get an STMR. Oh well, lapis lives to see another day
It's incredible haha, yeah Charlotte STMR might have good stat but no element resist kills it.
I have Ramza's STMR and it's been a blessing.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Been tackling the trials and the Ancient Hellbringer has me stumped due to his turn 1. I then decided to give my Myra 100% fire resist and it was smooth sailing from there. Aside from that, been trying to work towards getting TMRs to complete the parameter quests. I need some better accessories so that my Myra can reach the 1850. 😫

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Charlotte STMR has 50% Ice and Light resists.
Yeah it has 2 elements that can be filled by other shields. Shield is always a flex slot on magic tank. Always want one with one or two of the elements you're gonna be up against so the only time you'd use Char's shield is for a boss that specifically used Ice and Light, and for every other fight it's just gonna be sitting in your inventory doing nothing. I don't chase STMRs in general cause they're most whale bait, but specifically any shield would be pretty low on the list even if I did

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Anyone pulling for Elena? I'm loving her design and might pull to get a copy of her.

Edit: Finally got Myra to 1887 SPR and got my robe! 1910 SPR now.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Brutal day at Discord :(. Off banners everywhere and if it was banner it was Morgana. What a shitty luck people had.
Mine wasn't better at all.

I used:
10+1 Free
10+1 4k banner pull
5+1 ex
5x 3* normal tix
3x 4* normal tix
2x 3* ex tix
2x 4* ex tix

= 1 Circe from 4k 5% multi. I can 7* it if needed. I have great TDH mage stuff but is equipped to Sophia.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Free step up was all crap blues
5+1 all crap blues
10% ticket was a crap blue, as expected
1 4* EX was crap gold
3 3*EXs were crap blues

Just another day at the FFBE office :)

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm done with this. Banners are now super expensive and can get 2 cg in a month. As of today they want you to grind 30k points instead of 15k for....the same stuff just enjoy the extra grinding I guess.

All during their 'anniversary celebration' which has felt more like one giant middle finger to the fans throughout.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm done with this. Banners are now super expensive and can get 2 cg in a month. As of today they want you to grind 30k points instead of 15k for....the same stuff just enjoy the extra grinding I guess.

All during their 'anniversary celebration' which has felt more like one giant middle finger to the fans throughout.

I hear you. Nowadays my FFBE game time can be -> Login collect shit, make pulls or not make -> force close app. Come tomorrow again.
^^
That works for me. Enjoying the free shit, but only grinding if I have the motivation and if I have the time.
30k for lousy G5 (which is future already here), screw it. Not aiming at all to do it.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hear you. Nowadays my FFBE game time can be -> Login collect shit, make pulls or not make -> force close app. Come tomorrow again.
^^
That works for me. Enjoying the free shit, but only grinding if I have the motivation and if I have the time.
30k for lousy G5 (which is future already here), screw it. Not aiming at all to do it.

Yeah see this is it. I'm not having fun with the game itself anymore and I'd been just logging in. I barely touched the raid, not because they got harder or anything but because there's now always so much to do to get the 'daily' stuff out of the way. If I was to be running arena, getting dailies, doing events its gonna be getting on for an hour a day sometimes.

That's before doing constant box cleanouts too which can take a long time as well. I just dont want to be putting in the amount of time its asking from us now. I'll keep it installed for a while and might even log in, in case I ever come back, but I think I'll be taking a very long break from actually playing it. I don't expect it to change course at all though either.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
That's before doing constant box cleanouts too which can take a long time as well. I just dont want to be putting in the amount of time its asking from us now. I'll keep it installed for a while and might even log in, in case I ever come back, but I think I'll be taking a very long break from actually playing it. I don't expect it to change course at all though either.

Maybe log so many days that you get the 100% stmr moogle. I think it will come during August and needs like 20 login days or so (thus getting 5% per day).
Inventory management is hot garbage, I hate unit handling so much.

ren-shin

Oct 28, 2017
I want to start this game, so I have to ask, how is it friendly torwards f2p players? Can I finish content without certain characters?
Is is a good time to start?

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I want to start this game, so I have to ask, how is it friendly torwards f2p players? Can I finish content without certain characters?
Is is a good time to start?
I can't say I'm super familiar with what a new player gets nowadays... if you want a good head start you may have to reroll a bunch for certain characters. It's tricky because to power them up to their best, you need two of the same 5* base; lots can get by for awhile without that 7* awakening though, especially if you're doing mostly story.

You probably want the ones here, but honestly you can get by without top-notch DPS. It's harder to get by without at least a 5* base healer/tank and a decent breaker, but if you're doing the story you're fine without for a while.

Recently DPS power-creep has gone into full swing and there is not a lot out there that really needs it. Plenty of story content for you, lots of old trials with decent rewards starting out. Modern banners are likely to be in the top 3 of all banners that have come by (esp. for DPS).

F2P is getting harder to keep up with spenders, but if you're not looking to do the hardest trials the day they come out, you're probably fine.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I got an Elena and 3rd Karlette from 2 G5 from the anni tickets. One step closer to that awesome STMR!

Sharing Elena now in Event 1.

May 13, 2019
Two questions:

- Which is the best spell casting unit available? I'm an unelegant fighter that relies solely on bruteforce to get through everything so I'm missing an awful lot of stage bonuses that involve finishing bosses off with magic.
- Does anybody know when the plot will continue? I'm actually quite invested with the current storyline and having already finished Season 2 so far, I'm craving for more.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wowwwww this was my free pull.... can't believe it

sRLYzwJ.png

BYNEi00.png

2nd one was a gold crystal that turned Rainbow. Impressive thing to wake up to this morning. I had a bad luck streak trying to get Charlotte by tickets so this is really nice.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
- Which is the best spell casting unit available? I'm an unelegant fighter that relies solely on bruteforce to get through everything so I'm missing an awful lot of stage bonuses that involve finishing bosses off with magic.

I almost always just use someone with Ultima since it takes an eternity to cast. It's sure to hit last if you start it first and then do your chains.

May 13, 2019
I almost always just use someone with Ultima since it takes an eternity to cast. It's sure to hit last if you start it first and then do your chains.
I see.

None of my current units can cast the spell.
Get Noctis tm: Ring of the Lucii. -> Cast Alterna, takes ages to finish and almost every unit can equip RotL.
I do have Noctis and enough moggles to get his TM. I should try this.

Thank you both for your advice.

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
My go-to for "kill X with magic" has consistently been Eiko casting Holy. That one takes ages to cast, and my chains always land inside the cast window. Plus, I usually have her in story mission parties anyways for Bahamut casting on those pesky "kill with esper" missions.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Haven't had the greatest of luck lately but I did finally get a Tifa from a multi last week and a Zack from one of the dailies. Would have preferred Yuffie but I'll take him.

Most of my 10+1s have been awful overall but the freebie today gave me my forth Onion Knight Refia.... so that also gave me my first STMR! Looks to be a better sword than most others I have and the status ailments could be useful. I really need some better gear for my Circe though.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't had the greatest of luck lately but I did finally get a Tifa from a multi last week and a Zack from one of the dailies. Would have preferred Yuffie but I'll take him.

Most of my 10+1s have been awful overall but the freebie today gave me my forth Onion Knight Refia.... so that also gave me my first STMR! Looks to be a better sword than most others I have and the status ailments could be useful. I really need some better gear for my Circe though.

Grats on your stmr!

The darkness set from Elena's story event gives some nice magic stats for newer players. You can try the build on ffbeequip and see if they bring her to higher stats.

Edit - The Tower of Earth in the Farplane also has some beginner level fights that give you gear, and there's Siren's Robe from the Beasts of the Dark trial that has 40 flat magic on it.

I recommend doing all the trials you can handle, starting from the bottom of the lists. And the Chamber of Arms 10-man trials also have some pretty awesome equipment.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Was there another free 10+1 today that I missed? Or were all you guys saving your free one from like 3 or 4 days ago for the new banner?

edit: nm, I see it the first step of the Elena banner, what a weird place to put that

ed2: off-banner, Barb #3, whatever

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Used 20k to finish off the Elena Step-up, got four Elena, my second Heavenly Technician Lid, my first Emperor Shera, and my seventh Wilhelm

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
free 10+1
Jiraiya (2nd)

5+1
Trash

150 3rd Ann. Pull:
Prism Moogle!
4 3*EX 4*EX

From EX tickets:
Wilhelm (3rd)

Prism Moogle is always great. Thanks to Jiraiya..not at the gil cap, for now.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Anniversary continues to be a complete disaster. From all freebie EX tickets, multi-tickets, free summons, anniversary tickets, etc my entire haul from everything except 5* tickets that everyone got:

Duke from 3* EX ticket
NG Jake from the only 5* ticket I pulled from anni tickets

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Is farming the 30k pts in the new event even possible with natural NRG restoration? Are we finally having a taste of the remade grindy King Mog Event? Haha

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Is farming the 30k pts in the new event even possible with natural NRG restoration? Are we finally having a taste of the remade grindy King Mog Event? Haha

I don't think it'll be a problem. Could be a little annoying if next weeks event is a king mog but dont think that'll happen. Just have to resist the urge to burn pots.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
They made this dumb ass boss strong enough that a single Esther can't faceroll it, so now I need to find a way to kill the thing with like 3 of my own units so I can keep bring a chumpy ass friend unit and my 2 chocobo Rains for the meager ass bonus FUCK this event

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
They made this dumb ass boss strong enough that a single Esther can't faceroll it, so now I need to find a way to kill the thing with like 3 of my own units so I can keep bring a chumpy ass friend unit and my 2 chocobo Rains for the meager ass bonus FUCK this event
Use the 2H Excalibur since she's weak to light and load up on human killers. Mine certainly doesn't have an issue clearing it by herself, but even just a DEF breaker should be plenty if it's not.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Man I'm sorry to say but I don't have Esther and I'm gonna miss out on all the rewards for elt eggsterminator. Fucking gumi man I just can't do this.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got a second UoC with the anni tickets, still only 1 prism.
Thank god Gumi didn't give the login/rank tickets, imagine if people got 5 UoC, now that would have broken the game beyond repair!
Yes I'm still salty they basically said f*ck you to all veterans

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got a second UoC with the anni tickets, still only 1 prism.
Thank god Gumi didn't give the login/rank tickets, imagine if people got 5 UoC, now that would have broken the game beyond repair!
Yes I'm still salty they basically said f*ck you to all veterans

Didn't they say something about a campaign for veterans in August?

Q4) Will we ever get tickets based on our rank or login days?

Answer:
We are planning to implement a system in August which rewards players based on rank and number of days logged in, so that players can be rewarded for the time they have loyally dedicated to playing our game.

However, the system implemented in the global version will not be identical to the system in the Japanese version since, as stated previously, the Japanese and global versions are managed separately. That said, we do strive to operate the global version as efficiently as possible while also incorporating the strengths of the Japanese version.

We would like to motivate our players to actively play the game in order to raise their ranks as much as possible and gain the various rewards based on their player rank and total login days planned for August.

In the meantime, we would also like to remind everyone to enjoy our special campaigns in July, such as the 3rd anniversary tickets, login bonuses, daily and 3rd anniversary summons, and the half energy campaign.

Once the details on the above have been decided, we will make announcements in-game and on our official FFBE accounts on various social networking services. Please look forward to it.

Thank you for your continued support of FFBE!

There's still hope!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Use the 2H Excalibur since she's weak to light and load up on human killers. Mine certainly doesn't have an issue clearing it by herself, but even just a DEF breaker should be plenty if it's not.
Oookay that worked, thanks. In the future I'm going to try being smart instead of being a dumb ass. I'll let you know how it works out for me

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
10+1: Useless gold + all blues
5+1: Useless gold + all blues
Anniversary tickets: all magicites or whatever the fuck that was

Wow the world.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This is karma, I joked about all those free 10+1 being sh*t when the livestream happened and 4 10+1 later they all were sh*t indeed.
That plus the 100(+43) ticket summons in a row without a single rainbow 2 weeks ago is just too much bad RNG for me.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
You used all your luck on ex tickets for golbez.

Got 9th Trance Terra, 2nd Seaside Nichol and 2nd Regina from the stuff today.