• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wow my free 10+ 1 had a gold turn Rainbow into my 2nd Nagi and I hear she's a great chainer so I may build her. 5+1 freebie on login... first gold crystal turned rainbow and I was screaming but it was my 2nd gunner Jake unfortunately. Will 7* both!

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing on today's freebies, but I did get my 2 Elenas on random off banner pulls these past few days, so I can't complain.

Mini rant, why do so many people put their hybrids on Fenrir? Literally any other esper with killers is way more efficient than the slightly higher ATK and MAG stats. >.<

I've been trying to clear some trials with Elena for fun and 90% of my friend Elenas are on Fenrir, it's crazy to me.

edit: News is in, Rivera looks like a straight upgrade from iNichol.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Went to check my 5+1's and somehow I had like 5 of them in there and I have no clue where they all came from. First one had a third CG Charlotte in it... Rest of them were all the usual junk

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
10% ticket got me my second Morgana which is nice. Still no Elena though. :( I really want her but at this point I'm not sure if I should just save for something else. My team is in a decent place.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I played this years ago and enjoyed it. How did the story evolve? I don't remember much from back then. Is it worth to get back into it?

NocturneKeoni

Jul 15, 2018
Finally got Zeno past 3000+ ATK. Esther is not far behind as I just need one more 5-star select summon for either Hyoh or Cloud's STMR.

If anyone wants to add me, current companion is Esther. I'll switch back to Zeno once the event is over.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I played this years ago and enjoyed it. How did the story evolve? I don't remember much from back then. Is it worth to get back into it?

We're close to the end of Season 2, and Season 3 has started in JP.
Ymmv, but the story is pretty fun in a classic JRPG sorta way. Lots of tropes, convoluted reveals, but also plot twists galore.

It gets inspiration from other mainline FFs with some of its ideas, and a bit of Star Wars too here and there.

Personally I don't skip the story because it's fun to see what's gonna happen next (except an annoying romance subplot that just didn't work for me).

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, latent abilities are indeed SBB skills you have to grind for like I guessed back then, more GLEX grinding is what we all want isn't it. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/ch75o4/gl_series_boss_battles_chaotic_darkness_ffbe/
Let's add it to another daily chore to do.
« There will be an additional mission, Free Daily, that is opened in the Chamber of Enlightenment once per day, which also awards enlightenment points when cleared! »

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'm very curious how many points will be needed to unlock latent abilities. I really hope it's not too much of a grind, otherwise that's shitty.

At least now we can craft esper ores with relics, finally something useful to do with them. I stopped crafting adv's a year ago.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm very curious how many points will be needed to unlock latent abilities. I really hope it's not too much of a grind, otherwise that's shitty.

At least now we can craft esper ores with relics, finally something useful to do with them. I stopped crafting adv's a year ago.
Yeah craftable esper ores is finally a good news, I still did expeditions everyday, almost 18k relics.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Iam in summon simulator mode. These all new addons to games spaghetticode just mean that everything will work even slower than nowadays. Way to go Gumi!

Y'know what, yesterday was the first time I had to turn off all the in-game battle animations. I have an iPhone X, and the game makes it run stupid hot and drains the battery like nobody's business. I've generally noticed a lot of slowdowns in battle, and I'm running the latest OS version...
Gotta plug it in anytime I wanna do a longer battle or grind.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
We're close to the end of Season 2, and Season 3 has started in JP.
Ymmv, but the story is pretty fun in a classic JRPG sorta way. Lots of tropes, convoluted reveals, but also plot twists galore.

It gets inspiration from other mainline FFs with some of its ideas, and a bit of Star Wars too here and there.

Personally I don't skip the story because it's fun to see what's gonna happen next (except an annoying romance subplot that just didn't work for me).
That sounds good enough for me. Sadly I lost all my progress - I am sure I linked it to my google-account but the game restarts from the Tutorial. Not sure if I want to do it all again and I had some good units (which are probably useless by now anyways, but still).

How "grindy" is the game if I just want to finish the main story? Any severe roadblocks where I need really good units to progress or are those mainly needed for the optional stuff?

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I have my 7* Morgana up if anyone needs another units.

Pulled on the fourth step of Elena's banner and finally got one of her! Now to continue the story and save up for the last step.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds good enough for me. Sadly I lost all my progress - I am sure I linked it to my google-account but the game restarts from the Tutorial. Not sure if I want to do it all again and I had some good units (which are probably useless by now anyways, but still).

How "grindy" is the game if I just want to finish the main story? Any severe roadblocks where I need really good units to progress or are those mainly needed for the optional stuff?
Google account linking was added quite recently, so it was probably on Facebook that you linked.

The game only has one tough battle that I know of - towards the end of season 1 - but it's nowhere near any of the trials added in the past two years. nowadays as long as you have two units that can chain to do damage, you should have no problem clearing most everything. (and if you don't - you can use friend units to clear that one, I'm sure). There is one fight earlyish where you don't get to bring a friend unit. You might have to give that one a few tries.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Google account linking was added quite recently, so it was probably on Facebook that you linked.

The game only has one tough battle that I know of - towards the end of season 1 - but it's nowhere near any of the trials added in the past two years. nowadays as long as you have two units that can chain to do damage, you should have no problem clearing most everything. (and if you don't - you can use friend units to clear that one, I'm sure). There is one fight earlyish where you don't get to bring a friend unit. You might have to give that one a few tries.
Oh fuck, you are right. It was on my Facebook account. Thanks a lot. Got back my account with 12.000 Lapis and Chizuru, Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness and Kefka as my rarest characters. Are they still any good?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Ah this doesn't surprise me.

They're base 3* characters now, except Chizuru who is base 4*.

The rarest base is 5*, and units can be taken up to 7*s.
For 7* you need two dupes of the same 5* unit which you can then awaken through making one 6* max lvl and converting the other one to an awakening prism and using it as awakening material.

3 and 4* base dupes you can just directly fuse into one another to get their trust master rewards. Each dupe fused gives 5% toward the TMR.

If you have two more dupes of the same 5* base unit you awakened to 7*, you can fuse them into that 7* unit to get something called a super trust master reward. Each 5* you fuse gives 50% towards the STMR. Fusing the first dupe into a 7* also gives you a 50% TMR moogle.

There's some free units which can help you until you find a banner or step up you wanna go for.

A free 5* Lightning is given for the rookie quest of clearing Lanzelt Ruins - Interior, and there's two Katy Perry events in the vortex where you can get 4 copies of her 5*.

Popstar Katy is a summoner and Immortal Flame Katy is a magic chainer with lots of families.

I'd recommend keeping 2 of Immortal Katy 7* while still starting out since you can use her in clearing the story.

They're not meta but definitely useful for beginner accounts.

It's a good idea to check the wiki at https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki to familiarise yourself with the units and chaining and the chaining families, and you can always ask us if you have any questions.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
They're base 3* characters now, except Chizuru who is base 4*.

The rarest base is 5*, and units can be taken up to 7*s.
For 7* you need two dupes of the same 5* unit which you can then awaken through making one 6* max lvl and converting the other one to an awakening prism and using it as awakening material.

3 and 4* base dupes you can just directly fuse into one another to get their trust master rewards. Each dupe fused gives 5% toward the TMR.

If you have two more dupes of the same 5* base unit you awakened to 7*, you can fuse them into that 7* unit to get something called a super trust master reward. Each 5* you fuse gives 50% towards the STMR. Fusing the first dupe into a 7* also gives you a 50% TMR moogle.

There's some free units which can help you until you find a banner or step up you wanna go for.

A free 5* Lightning is given for the rookie quest of clearing Lanzelt Ruins - Interior, and there's two Katy Perry events in the vortex where you can get 4 copies of her 5*.

Popstar Katy is a summoner and Immortal Flame Katy is a magic chainer with lots of families.

I'd recommend keeping 2 of Immortal Katy 7* while still starting out since you can use her in clearing the story.

They're not meta but definitely useful for beginner accounts.

It's a good idea to check the wiki at https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki to familiarise yourself with the units and chaining and the chaining families, and you can always ask us if you have any questions.
Will do, thanks.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ability awakening for half the S2 cast, I really hope we won't have to wait another month for Folka and co but Gumi gotta Gumi.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Great summons for me today, I really needed those Rakshasas.

edit: oh, now we get the chaining family on each move. FFBE moving one step closer to actually having relevant and necessary info in the game itself.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
God damn these stupid download prompts. I don't need them, I don't want them. Just give me an option to ignore them totally.
Its 2019 why the hell we don't have a possibility to switch these totally off.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to do the red star quartz battle again, they reset every maintenance.
Also the daily EP fight, they took the JP SBB skills and put them being a grind wall, 300 EP to unlock the base skill (so 2 days with 150 per days) and you have to upgrade them to +2 to reach JP value where they only had to do the Chaotic Darkness fight once to get everything.

Edit : apparently it's 5k EP to max one skill, more than one month of daily, so big OOF, gg Gumi.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget to do the red star quartz battle again, they reset every maintenance.

Hah this was fun. For once they did something right and didn't change Alim JP stuff.

I had to tinker my mages back to work. Used 8ish m gil to awaken Mediena.
Party that I used to clear this weeks Red Door Bird (that only takes Ice damage):

- Shantooter -> Triple cast Blizzard I
- Mediena -> Triple cast Freeze
- Sophia -> Triple cast Deep Freeze
- Kryla -> Full Break
- Lunera -> Sings
- Friend Elena -> Speed of Light Freezing Enervation & some big hits.

Screenshot_20190725-151819.png

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
it seems that CG Sakura can now self-cap with Final Thunder.

Thats an effective mod of 18.4x on first turn to 39.4x on maximum mod, fully chainable and include imperil. quite good

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Also the daily EP fight, they took the JP SBB skills and put them being a grind wall, 300 EP to unlock the base skill (so 2 days with 150 per days) and you have to upgrade them to +2 to reach JP value where they only had to do the Chaotic Darkness fight once to get everything.

I noticed this. Eventho fight is completely joke. They HAD to make that dungeon, because they cant just give anything free or with smaller amounts of clicks. I wonder how much all this need_to_do some dungeon to clear and get shit is due to all the hacking & injectioning & 3rd party Lapis.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
So, how exactly do Enhancement Points work? I don't need to defeat the SBB to unlock the abilites then? Seems like a weird system.

I went on a spree to try to get Elena and burned all my lapis and tickets. All I got was the guaranteed Elena, plus 1st Heavenly Technician Lid, 1st Hyoh (I wanted his clothes so I was happy) and 2nd CG Jake. Got mad and decided to roll on the heroes ticket, got my 3rd Awakened Rain and 2nd Akstar. zzzz

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So, how exactly do Enhancement Points work? I don't need to defeat the SBB to unlock the abilites then? Seems like a weird system.

I went on a spree to try to get Elena and burned all my lapis and tickets. All I got was the guaranteed Elena, plus 1st Heavenly Technician Lid, 1st Hyoh (I wanted his clothes so I was happy) and 2nd CG Jake. Got mad and decided to roll on the heroes ticket, got my 3rd Awakened Rain and 2nd Akstar. zzzz
SSB give keys to do the fight in a new chamber (enhancement tab) where you get EP, otherwise you can use them and check which units has new skill in units -> ability awakening/latent ability and go to the second tab there.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually a little shocked by the sheer amount of grindy bullshit they've added to the game over the last couple weeks. Any one of these systems on their own would be irritating, but when combined together they make it really really tempting to uninstall. I already never ever use those mog maps because the amount of taps it takes just to get thru them all is preposterous and I don't need any of the shit they offer. Now I gotta remember to do a vortex mission every day, and a set of missions every week and there's literally been a raid happening non-stop for the last 84 years

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
It's 5k points to max one skill, so a bit more than one month of free daily fight.
Let's hope events will give keys

Obviously they will put them behind grind.
Add new KM reward as 10000 per key or something similar stupid thing like putting em behind xx amount cleared KM runs for 1 key.

I'm actually a little shocked by the sheer amount of grindy bullshit they've added to the game over the last couple weeks

I fully agree, I have all the maps unused too and they will just fill my inventory. Hey lets have our players spend more time in game by adding more stupid and unnecessary grind. Hip hip hooray.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Actually, not sure what kind of rewards you got for logging back in, but it may be better to just reroll a new account since you get a lot of tickets and freebies from the anniversary rewards.

Since you don't have any 5*s on your old one, you can just try your luck on a new account and if it's good, unlink the old one from fb and link the new one.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Iam not the only one who thinks this EP smells like whale thing (Gumi releasing EP Key crap bundles).

reddit user Necrostasis said:
But man oh man, how lame it is that we have to spend a key, click on the battle, actually kill the bomb, instead of it at least just killing itself like the Mog Map for Rank exp...

It's also a time waster. I dunno much about coding, but wouldn't it have been easier and consumed less memory if we just got the EP straight? Instead of having to click on so many menus to kill a golden bomb?

Chances are very high that I just leave this BS untouched.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
980,000 Da Chao raid coins on hand. Hope I can find an entire day to set aside to getting them all summoned, I could really use the cactuars

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
How? I only have 640k .....
I get close to a million every single raid, just using every raid orb. Usually rank up once or twice per raid too for a quick reset. I used to get nuts about making sure I never wasted time with full orbs, but I don't even do that anymore. I'll go a few hours with max orbs and not really care about it and still get near a million

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to check out what there is to play in this week's content despite planning to take a break and I dont get half of this having only been gone a week lol.

Morgana boss is trash too. Guess that's a 'have elena to kill it' boss since it seems designed around her strengths.

The grind and OP bosses aren't doing much for me

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Is the raid score bugged? I love how it's only one week and there's a bug too. Lol gumi

In other news I pulled a Orlandeau off a normal 3* ex ticket That turned gold and then rainbow. First time I've ever seen this... 5 tickets later a normal ex tickets drops a rainbow and it's Aurora Fryevia. Exciting stuff!

Dachao coins gave me no 4 star tickets or anniv tickets ? Wtf out of 650 k coins spent only a single pull was rainbow moogle. And here's where it gets even weirder.... my anniversary pulls gave me nothing but my last 60 of them gave me 3 5* ex tickets in a single pull. I was wondering how that's possible since my 100 multi ticket pulls gave me pure shite.....

Will probably use those tickets after the 10+1 5* ticket at log in I guess. There's nothing I really want until CG Terra and CG Dark Fina as my most wants currently And I want to say I'll have about 50k lapis by that time.

Last edited:

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
The 10+1 got me my second CG Nichol, first Tifa, and first Dark Fina. The last 30 anniversary tickets got me a Moogle container. Good stuff!