• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Getting a rainbow on the first step is definitely good luck, but the problem is that Olberic is a limited unit, so you're stuck with his 6* form until they put his prism in the Item Exchange Shop (it's usually 6 months). I don't know how good he is at 6*, he may be good enough for the old trials, but at the end of the day you will still need a 7* tank.

Good point as well, I'm not sure how in depth the Banner for FF5's Step Banner, but if Galuf has an opportunity to get a prism I'll be in business if I get lucky and get him along the way!

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Good point as well, I'm not sure how in depth the Banner for FF5's Step Banner, but if Galuf has an opportunity to get a prism I'll be in business if I get lucky and get him along the way!

Galuf is a better choice because even if you only get one, you can still UOC him later. Just remember that the best way to enjoy this game it to have patience, it took me seven months to build a full team, and it's not just the units, it takes time to obatin good equipments too. Don't feel bad if you can't even clear a lot of difficult content, it's normal. You don't need to rush, for a new player there's so much content to catch up.
My only advice is that at first you should focus on getting tank/breaker/support/healer units, damage dealers are easier to obtain because there's a new banner every month (usually more than one banner), so they will come naturally even when you are chasing other units.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Galuf is a better choice because even if you only get one, you can still UOC him later. Just remember that the best way to enjoy this game it to have patience, it took me seven months to build a full team, and it's not just the units, it takes time to obatin good equipments too. Don't feel bad if you can't even clear a lot of difficult content, it's normal. You don't need to rush, for a new player there's so much content to catch up.
My only advice is that at first you should focus on getting tank/breaker/support/healer units, damage dealers are easier to obtain because there's a new banner every month (usually more than one banner), so they will come naturally even when you are chasing other units.

Good to know, Once I grab Bartz or Lenna, I'll play at my own pace as I work my way to more pulls on the Step Banner, hoping I can get the ones I didn't pull for. I greatly appreciate all the advice you have given me thus far, and I'm very much looking forward to enjoying the game!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Kryla looks mighty impressive now.

Pimp my ride:

Screenshot_20190823-191928.png
Screenshot_20190823-192039.png

Ulric's Kukri has MP 20%, High Tide, HP 15%, SPR 15%. Bowie Knife has DEF 17%, SPR 10%.

Now to build a party to Lantern...
For pre-emptive: Evade and guts work. Thus paralyze weapon to Evade Willy and LMF (or your partyraiser who ever it is) Ricos Wingsuit. And to someone Toxic Rain.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I finally got the 100 arena win streak trophy last night which I have been trying to get for months now. I think my Arena nightmares are over. I just remember being screwed by a Vanille death team at 90 streak or so a few weeks ago and that left me salty for days. Well, I'm glad I can chill with arena now.... it's still really badly designed but at least the free lapis is nice. All I did was avoid all stupid teams with Lilith, Rem, or Vanille.... but you never know when a low rank team has the gimmicks to kill you even all 7* lol. Rem's siphon delta in particular is ridiculously cheap and Lilith's counter attack.

Octopath Traveler is a really damn good game and i'd like to pull but I think CG Terra is coming very soon.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm not touching the event trial, the regular fight was already a pain to gear for and we're getting report of 10k hp / 600 def units dying to pre-emptive.
Haaa, Gumi and their artificial difficulty.

Sharing Rivera with Toxic Rain in Nemesis 2.

Screenshot_20190823-214945.png
Screenshot_20190823-215133.png
Screenshot_20190823-215142.png

Screenshot_20190823-215231.png

1. 100% Evade Willy (has Guts) had Venomous Edge just in case (its non elemental so damage is 0)
2. LMF reraiser and lb booster. Equip Rico's Wingsuit.
3. Kryla Rikku's Pouch -> Chaos Grenade and last turn BS chain with Rivera. Kryla was only one who died to pre-emptive.
4. Rivera (has guts) Toxic Rain all the way, last turn BS chain with Rivera.
5. Esther (has guts) building lb and lowering lightning damage and last turn LB.
6. Elena (has guts?) water damage & building lb and last turn LB.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say I really like the whole buffing the GLEX they've been doing (ignoring the bugs anyway). Hope the Fryevia's get looked at again.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I managed to clear with no KOs using this team:

100% Evade Basch
Folka with Rico's Wingsuit
Summer Lid and Fina with Lila STMR
Esther with Queen STMR
Sylvie with a crap ton of HP and DEF
Friend Esther

The pre-emptive Physical. The DOT is physical. All non-elemental. You need DEF, Evade, Physical Mitigation, and General Mitigation out the butt.

The thing dies fast though, and you can status effect the hell out of it and get free turns.

So basically, it's a defensive gear check. It's also probably bugged. I think it's supposed to deal fire element, which would make it much easier to mitigate.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Got pretty lucky on my pulls today:

~90 Ticket pulls, about half were regular tickets and half were 4* tickets. All pulls done on the OT banner

4 Rainbows

2 x Olberic
2 x Primrose

Probably the best luck I've had on pulls ever.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Got pretty lucky on my pulls today:

~90 Ticket pulls, about half were regular tickets and half were 4* tickets. All pulls done on the OT banner

4 Rainbows

2 x Olberic
2 x Primrose

Probably the best luck I've had on pulls ever.

Good stuff, congrats. I know most in the discord got hit hard by off banner rainbows.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the Rivera, Rixa - between her and my full evade Zarg to do Toxic Rain, the boss didn't touch me (beyond the initial rest-of-party wipe - even 12k hp, 800def Sylvie). Used Randi and Citan to gradually whittle him down and then finished with an LB.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks!
Unfortunately, my first run with Riviera was a failure thanks to RNG ailment but you gave my the courage I needed to try this trial since I didn't bother
Second run went much better.
Thanks for the Rivera, Rixa - between her and my full evade Zarg to do Toxic Rain, the boss didn't touch me (beyond the initial rest-of-party wipe - even 12k hp, 800def Sylvie). Used Randi and Citan to gradually whittle him down and then finished with an LB.

Iam glad that you both found a way to do it :).
Reddit is speculating that the boss bugs and Pre-emptive is not fire damage etc.

May 13, 2019
I got Olberic and methinks the game has the names of his attack skills mixed up i.e Spearhead deal like 30 hits to a single target and Thousand Spears deal one hit for colossal damage to a single target.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
Spent my tickets, and 32k lapis and got two primrose, and VoL #2 and Aileen #3

lets hope and pray I pull two olberic with ex tickets :(

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Omg, I got triple rainbow this morning. I think the game is broken. Pulling two tickets and a 4* ticket on the Octopath banner and out popped... kaito... Wtf wrong banner game. Second rainbow was my third SBD Fina... Then finally Primrose.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, phone double post.

Edit: Used my Ex ticket I got somewhere too. Fourth rainbow. - D.Fina #6.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Just to be sure, I wanna get two of one character with the Enhanced character pack, which would be Kryla because she's a legendarily powerful breaker, or do I want one of two characters, and grab Aloha Lasswell, who is a powerful self-reviving attacker?

Just wanna make sure I don't mess this up, in case I want to keep this file.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Just to be sure, I wanna get two of one character with the Enhanced character pack, which would be Kryla because she's a legendarily powerful breaker, or do I want one of two characters, and grab Aloha Lasswell, who is a powerful self-reviving attacker?

Since Aloha Lasswell is in the normal summon pool you can get randomly him any time. While Kryla is limited unit. I would definitely go with 2x Kryla.

Remember to lock BOTH of your Krylas, since they are unlocked when you acquire them. It will take some time before you can do 7* Kryla.

Do you have your account up, or are you going to reroll?

If you have account, toss your friend ID (also put mention to player info ingame that you are from Era).
You will prolly get a lot of friend requests from here. Most likely our units will help you on your quests.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Since Aloha Lasswell is in the normal summon pool you can get randomly him any time. While Kryla is limited unit. I would definitely go with 2x Kryla.
Do you have your account up, or are you going to reroll?

If you have account, toss your friend ID (also put mention to player info ingame that you are from Era).
You will prolly get a lot of friend requests from here. Most likely our units will help you on your quests.
Thanks a bunch! I'm planning on migrating this account to another device so I can keep it, and if I get lucky with the FF5 Banner, i'll keep that one as my main account.

I'll throw out a friend ID once I get everything sorted out, but I sincerely appreciate all the advice I'd been given, you all sound awesome!

Edit: oh man, I'm using both Kryla's at the same time, they are super crazy with all the hits and elemental weakness making/exploiting!

Last edited:

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017

You want to get two of the same character, either two Kryla or two A Lasswell, getting one and one will not help you. Both are good, Kryla would be the better choice because as a support unit she will last you for a long time (and I think they will still give her more enhancements down the road) and breakers are more important than damage dealers, her TMR is amazing too (I have four of them), they are BIS for every elemental fights (especially the nastiest one). A Lasswell is actually pretty good, his TMR is amazing (25% stackable evasion and 25% dual wield, 50% if on a Lasswell) and he can easily be built as an evasion provoke tank (he has an innate 30% evasion) while still doing a lot of damage (according to some maths he's not far from Zeno with a much simpler rotation), he's a really interesting character. Kryla is limited (she's a Christmas unit), while A Lasswell is not and he ca be UOC'd.

For those who want that "incredible" No KO 10 lapis, this strategy actually works pretty well:

But I recommend switching Toxic Rain with Bad Breath, the latter is much more reliable.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
You want to get two of the same character, either two Kryla or two A Lasswell, getting one and one will not help you. Both are good, Kryla would be the better choice because as a support unit she will last you for a long time (and I think they will still give her more enhancements down the road) and breakers are more important than damage dealers, her TMR is amazing too (I have four of them), they are BIS for every elemental fights (especially the nastiest one). A Lasswell is actually pretty good, his TMR is amazing (25% stackable evasion and 25% dual wield, 50% if on a Lasswell) and he can easily be built as an evasion provoke tank (he has an innate 30% evasion) while still doing a lot of damage (according to some maths he's not far from Zeno with a much simpler rotation), he's a really interesting character. Kryla is limited (she's a Christmas unit), while A Lasswell is not and he ca be UOC'd.

For those who want that "incredible" No KO 10 lapis, this strategy actually works pretty well:

But I recommend switching Toxic Rain with Bad Breath, the latter is much more reliable.

Advice appreciated, went with Kryla, she's great.

Just wondering, if I do go bananas on the FFV banner, will Kryla most likely show up at Christmas since she's Christmas limited, or do they cycle new holiday limited characters enough each year that it's unlikely she'll show up compared to something new?

If I manage to succeed in accomplishing my goal of fully summoning on FFV on another account, I'd like to save up for christmas and try for her again, she seems really fun and powerful!

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Advice appreciated, went with Kryla, she's great.

Just wondering, if I do go bananas on the FFV banner, will Kryla most likely show up at Christmas since she's Christmas limited, or do they cycle new holiday limited characters enough each year that it's unlikely she'll show up compared to something new?

If I manage to succeed in accomplishing my goal of fully summoning on FFV on another account, I'd like to save up for christmas and try for her again, she seems really fun and powerful!

Since they just upgraded her, she's 100% going to show up again, but we can't predict how the banners are going to be. I actually never chased Kryla on her banners, the first one I got during the Fan Festa last year, when they gave every player a unit of choice between the Global exclusives, I chose Kryla because her TMR looked great, then I got a second one during a banner they ran in february maybe (don't remember the exact month), it was a really good banner with selected units (again Global exclusives) and if you did the step up you could chose one at the end, I chose another Kryla and voila, I got her at 7*. Like I said, if you have patience there will be some time when Gumi give us some really valuable bundles (this is why I always have spare lapis), it seems they are mostly focused on the GLEX units.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And it's indeed FFV this week

I have so much EX / 5+1 / 10+1 tickets to waste.

Reminder that Galuf / Krile / Exdeath are on the raid event following this one, JP had it before though.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
And it's indeed FFV this week

I have so much EX / 5+1 / 10+1 tickets to waste.

Reminder that Galuf / Krile / Exdeath are on the raid event following this one, JP had it before though.

yeah yeah yeah Yeah Yeah YEAH!!!

I'm psyched, I'm Rerolling so hard in this one, I think I'm gonna go bananas!

The suspense has been making me more excited then dreading the 3% rates, hopefully I can get lucky and get what I want!

I'll try with the account I have right now, but I will most likely need/want to try on a new one, and ticket a Therion for his Trust Reward for Galuf, should I eventually get Galuf. That's my plan!

Edit: I can't wait to shut up about this either, I promise.

So, now that I'm armed with the knoledge that Kryla is most likely going to be on banner at Christmas time, that means I have roughly three months to build lapis for her.

So I got two options right now. Option one I'm already doing, play the game, enjoy it, and build lapis going through the story and Colloseum, until the FFV banner, and pull like crazy to hopefully get Bartz, Galuf or Lenna, and try to build up a ton of lapis to max it out before time runs out. Unlikely, will need info on if I can hope to accomplish that, since I now only have 2000 lapis, and will most likely need 23,000 more before the banner ends.

Option two, drop this account the moment the banner starts, migrating it to my tablet for safe keeping, and start another fresh account and reroll until I get one of the three, then play constantly until I can build up enough lapis to do every single step, hopefully getting all three along the way. This is most likely my plan if option one doesn't bear any fruit with the first pull, as I'd be screwed trying to get to assumingly 25,000 without that starter capital of 6500 and an eventually guaranteed 5* from reroll, especially since I'm already 12,000 lapis in the hole in option one, and there is no guarantee I'll have enough doable content to farm lapis from without restarting. After that, I can safely take my time building up lapis for Christmas and get Kryla at that time.

Success in either of these plans will grant me a massively useful tank, a triple casting and LM charging healer, and one of the best DPS units for a long time, and eventually or immediately one of the best breakers in the game.

After that, it's Smooooooooooooooth sailing!

Outside of all this insane bullhonky I'm cooking up, this game is fun so far! Anyone have any reccomendation on early equipment I should shoot for, perhaps from the events?

Last edited:

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
yeah yeah yeah Yeah Yeah YEAH!!!

I'm psyched, I'm Rerolling so hard in this one, I think I'm gonna go bananas!

The suspense has been making me more excited then dreading the 3% rates, hopefully I can get lucky and get what I want!

I'll try with the account I have right now, but I will most likely need/want to try on a new one, and ticket a Therion for his Trust Reward for Galuf, should I eventually get Galuf. That's my plan!

Edit: I can't wait to shut up about this either, I promise.

So, now that I'm armed with the knoledge that Kryla is most likely going to be on banner at Christmas time, that means I have roughly three months to build lapis for her.

So I got two options right now. Option one I'm already doing, play the game, enjoy it, and build lapis going through the story and Colloseum, until the FFV banner, and pull like crazy to hopefully get Bartz, Galuf or Lenna, and try to build up a ton of lapis to max it out before time runs out. Unlikely, will need info on if I can hope to accomplish that, since I now only have 2000 lapis, and will most likely need 23,000 more before the banner ends.

Option two, drop this account the moment the banner starts, migrating it to my tablet for safe keeping, and start another fresh account and reroll until I get one of the three, then play constantly until I can build up enough lapis to do every single step, hopefully getting all three along the way. This is most likely my plan if option one doesn't bear any fruit with the first pull, as I'd be screwed trying to get to assumingly 25,000 without that starter capital of 6500 and an eventually guaranteed 5* from reroll, especially since I'm already 12,000 lapis in the hole in option one, and there is no guarantee I'll have enough doable content to farm lapis from without restarting. After that, I can safely take my time building up lapis for Christmas and get Kryla at that time.

Success in either of these plans will grant me a massively useful tank, a triple casting and LM charging healer, and one of the best DPS units for a long time, and eventually or immediately one of the best breakers in the game.

After that, it's Smooooooooooooooth sailing!

Outside of all this insane bullhonky I'm cooking up, this game is fun so far! Anyone have any reccomendation on early equipment I should shoot for, perhaps from the events?
You can probably clear the "normal" trials up to probably Gilgamesh without too much trouble, even at this point - friend units especially ones like Regina or Esther might even be able to one-shot him now (with esther you want to use her 100mp cooldown the first round), so if you want to try that throw your friend code up :) All of those trials give really good (if not great) gear for a starting account. The white dragon is the first trial and is super-easy (it's susceptible to paralyze moves, if you have any in your repertoire). You get there from the farplane -> upper left gazebo thingy, if I recall right.

Coliseum is also a good supply of Lapis. That's worth spending your arena orbs on. There's some random gear interspersed but most of it isn't great.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
You can probably clear the "normal" trials up to probably Gilgamesh without too much trouble, even at this point - friend units especially ones like Regina or Esther might even be able to one-shot him now (with esther you want to use her 100mp cooldown the first round), so if you want to try that throw your friend code up :) All of those trials give really good (if not great) gear for a starting account. The white dragon is the first trial and is super-easy (it's susceptible to paralyze moves, if you have any in your repertoire). You get there from the farplane -> upper left gazebo thingy, if I recall right.

Coliseum is also a good supply of Lapis. That's worth spending your arena orbs on. There's some random gear interspersed but most of it isn't great.

I'm worried about wasting people's friendships with an account I may have to drop, but if you believe in me enough to give such solid advice, I'll throw my code down!

Razorrin: 531650255

Resetera Knights Fight As One!!!

Thanks a bunch!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried about wasting people's friendships with an account I may have to drop, but if you believe in me enough to give such solid advice, I'll throw my code down!

Razorrin: 531650255

Resetera Knights Fight As One!!!

Thanks a bunch!
I have a lot of banned peeps on my list so I got slots to fill, haha.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Had some crazy luck with blue EX tickets yesterday. Got back to back rainbows - Sacred Shield Charlotte #2 and Gladio #2. This game must have sensed my struggle with a lack of a 7* tank.

So the March of the Demons event seems to be outside of the possibility of me completing it with what I've got currently. I did find someone offering a carry on reddit though so I'll give that a try if they accept. That's super nice for them to do, I can't imagine managing all those requests.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It took me so much time to clean up my unit and enhancement unit slots, I have way too much pots and nothing to use them on, I'm about to think about selling the small ones lmao.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
I got a Kyra already. Didn't know she was a limited unit. Should I go all in with the 10k bundle and get 2 more of her?

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm tempted to hit up that bundle for Kryla but it's hard to pull the trigger when I already have Auron, Summer Fina, and King Edgar.

I really need to resist so I can use my lapis on the FFV banner!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Does anyone know how I may be able to get Divine Crystals for Awakening a few of my 5* units? I just got the free Lightning and I'm in a good place to play through the regular content.

I just wanna know if it's possible, since all the info I could get about it said they were essentially only avalible in events.

Also, the Dinosaur equipment trial keeps beating me when he hits my party with Disaster and gives everyone status ailments. Is there a way to fight those with a companion?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Also, the Dinosaur equipment trial keeps beating me when he hits my party with Disaster and gives everyone status ailments. Is there a way to fight those with a companion?
If you mean this:

I'm sure most of our companion units can ohko it (Esther for example: Electric Charge -> Bolting Strike, Bolting Strike).
But if you want missions done, then it might need some party planning, but I bet that can wait later day.

Also this is handy page to check info & help for different trials etc:

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how I may be able to get Divine Crystals for Awakening a few of my 5* units? I just got the free Lightning and I'm in a good place to play through the regular content.

I just wanna know if it's possible, since all the info I could get about it said they were essentially only avalible in events.

Threw you a friend request. Some of our shared units will automatically resist all status effects (Randi does, for example). If you see abilities for a unit that have an asterisk looking icon, that lets you use other moves multiple times (2x or 3x) and you'll typically want to use those especially for trials.

Divine crystals you can get in the Chamber of Awakening (I think INT is the best difficulty level for it still)... Vortex -> Enhance -> Chamber of Awakening (you can unlock one chamber per day; awakening is the really useful one for you at this point anyways)

One of the Rookie Quests gives you a bunch too (quests -> "tab" right to get to them and see). I think 100? Should be enough for a while. That one is a fairly early story quest so you're probably close to it if you haven't unlocked it yet.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
If you mean this:

I'm sure most of our companion units can ohko it (Esther for example: Electric Charge -> Bolting Strike, Bolting Strike).
But if you want missions done, then it might need some party planning, but I bet that can wait later day.

Also this is handy page to check info & help for different trials etc:

Threw you a friend request. Some of our shared units will automatically resist all status effects (Randi does, for example). If you see abilities for a unit that have an asterisk looking icon, that lets you use other moves multiple times (2x or 3x) and you'll typically want to use those especially for trials.

Divine crystals you can get in the Chamber of Awakening (I think INT is the best difficulty level for it still)... Vortex -> Enhance -> Chamber of Awakening (you can unlock one chamber per day; awakening is the really useful one for you at this point anyways)

One of the Rookie Quests gives you a bunch too (quests -> "tab" right to get to them and see). I think 100? Should be enough for a while. That one is a fairly early story quest so you're probably close to it if you haven't unlocked it yet.

Thanks a bunch! I'll hunt down the quest I gotta do to get those divine crystals, and I'll be on my way to my First 7* with Kryla eventually!

I got lucky trying a discount Summon, and I got Jecht! How is he? His abilities and fast LB charging seems pretty cool at 5* so far!

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It took me so much time to clean up my unit and enhancement unit slots, I have way too much pots and nothing to use them on, I'm about to think about selling the small ones lmao.
I had/have the same problem. I ended up combining some of the small burst pots, but I think in the end I might just stuff a bunch of them into the bigger burst pots just to take up less space and bolster the pot itself. Same with some of the ATK and MAG ones I have sitting there.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Had some crazy luck with blue EX tickets yesterday. Got back to back rainbows - Sacred Shield Charlotte #2 and Gladio #2. This game must have sensed my struggle with a lack of a 7* tank.

So the March of the Demons event seems to be outside of the possibility of me completing it with what I've got currently. I did find someone offering a carry on reddit though so I'll give that a try if they accept. That's super nice for them to do, I can't imagine managing all those requests.

If you mean the Aloha Lasswell carry with 100% fire res and 100% evade, I'm sharing one in Event 1 if you wanna give it a go.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
If you mean the Aloha Lasswell carry with 100% fire res and 100% evade, I'm sharing one in Event 1 if you wanna give it a go.
Thanks, that's the one! I was able to complete it last night, with all rewards minus the no ko. I did wipe twice before because I forgot to reapply reraise, but it's a good strategy to get the complete, if a little long in duration (I finished at 78 turns). I was even able to get the scan for my bestiary because my Esther with Siren survived the preemptive attack.

Thanks for all the ongoing friend unit support. :) Era folks have the best.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, that's the one! I was able to complete it last night, with all rewards minus the no ko. I did wipe twice before because I forgot to reapply reraise, but it's a good strategy to get the complete, if a little long in duration (I finished at 78 turns). I was even able to get the scan for my bestiary because my Esther with Siren survived the preemptive attack.

Thanks for all the ongoing friend unit support. :) Era folks have the best.

Cool, glad you were able to do it! I didn't bother with the no KO either, too much effort. xD

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks a bunch! I'll hunt down the quest I gotta do to get those divine crystals, and I'll be on my way to my First 7* with Kryla eventually!

I got lucky trying a discount Summon, and I got Jecht! How is he? His abilities and fast LB charging seems pretty cool at 5* so far!

Jecth is good, but he has been powercrept by a lot and his chaining family is not that great (because it's hard to chain).

On the other hand they just released the news for the 40m downloads campaign, and you may be interested:

There's a banner at 9000 lapis (can pull on it twice) with four guaranteed rainbows, they are random, but the important part is that they are only rainbows released from January 1, 2019 to August 30, 2019 (so this year and a lot of meta units), Bartz and Lenna should be included. I think this is a great banner to re-roll considering the limited pool of units.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Jecth is good, but he has been powercrept by a lot and his chaining family is not that great (because it's hard to chain).

On the other hand they just released the news for the 40m downloads campaign, and you may be interested:

There's a banner at 9000 lapis (can pull on it twice) with four guaranteed rainbows, they are random, but the important part is that they are only rainbows released from January 1, 2019 to August 30, 2019 (so this year and a lot of meta units), Bartz and Lenna should be included. I think this is a great banner to re-roll considering the limited pool of units.

Holy Crap, that's nuts! That does sound like a good banner to go for...

So, as I said, I'm rolling with what I have for the time being until the FFV step up banner happens...

But considering that for 18,000 I can potentially get those characters much more quickly and likely, and there may be a lapis bonus during the event that might set new players up to be able to pull on that 9000, I'll see if I may change gears and check that one out to hopefully get one of each character I'm Hoping for.

Ooooh, this complicated things, but it's also very good! I'll have to think about this, and try this banner out with my current account when it comes out before I start Rerolling...

Again, Thank you for the great info!

This is good news for everyone too, so if anyone can isolate some must-haves from this, it would be appreciated!

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
This should be the all the (non-limited) units released this year (from Reddit):
  • tifa
  • vincent
  • folka
  • jecht
  • auron
  • ignacio
  • myra
  • a. fry
  • ok. refia
  • dk luneth
  • cid
  • yuraisha
  • karlette
  • ultima
  • beowulf
  • crimson
  • esther
  • sylvie
  • Golbez
  • akstar
  • zeno
  • nagi
  • yego
  • edgar
  • sabin
  • fid
  • Cilka
  • regina
  • aerith
  • red13
  • k. ayaka
  • d. aileen
  • charlotte
  • zack
  • yuffie
  • elena
  • morgana
  • rivera
  • cg lightning
  • hope
  • kaito
  • Tsukiko
  • k. fina
  • wol butz (should make the cutoff date)
  • wol lenna (should make the cutoff date)

Can pull on the banner twice, but on two different period.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
This should be the all the (non-limited) units released this year (from Reddit):

Can pull on the banner twice, but on two different period.

So the worst outcome is probably that you get only one copy each of the worst units in this pool, something like
Vincent, Yuffie, Golbez, Beowulf, Morgana, Hope, OK Refia, Tifa. Even that's probably not that bad a pull; some decent TMs here, for a new player.

If rerolling (not sure how much lapis a fresh account gets straight-up) ... you could get some pretty nuts pulls like Bartz x2 or Esther x2 for 9K lapis... setting you up pretty great. If you got a single CG Lenna or a Myra you'd probably be fine with their 6* for a good while.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So, for conversions, do you have to make sure the character who will be converted into a prisim is the same star level as the character you're converting them to awaken?

Like, for example, you need a prisim to make a 6* into a 7*

But the duplicate character is currently at 5*, not 6*.

So you'd need to awaken them so that they are 6*, in order to make them into a prisim, so that the original character currently at 6* can be awakened into a 7*, am I getting that right?

I just wanna make sure I don't waste any resources, since I'd most likely need to grind more Divine Crystals to get anyone else to 6*, should this be the case.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
So, for conversions, do you have to make sure the character who will be converted into a prisim is the same star level as the character you're converting them to awaken?

Like, for example, you need a prisim to make a 6* into a 7*

But the duplicate character is currently at 5*, not 6*.

So you'd need to awaken them so that they are 6*, in order to make them into a prisim, so that the original character currently at 6* can be awakened into a 7*, am I getting that right?

I just wanna make sure I don't waste any resources, since I'd most likely need to grind more Divine Crystals to get anyone else to 6*, should this be the case.
No need to awaken or level the unit you turn into a prism. A (e.g.) Dark Fina prism is the same no matter what unit it came from, and is all you need (aside from the 3 million gil) to awaken a 6* Dark Fina to 7*.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
No need to awaken or level the unit you turn into a prism. A (e.g.) Dark Fina prism is the same no matter what unit it came from, and is all you need (aside from the 3 million gil) to awaken a 6* Dark Fina to 7*.

Yeah, I appreciate it, I'm just having difficulties turning one of my Kryla's into a prisim for some reason... it won't tell me why, it's just not happening... maybe I need something? I took her off all my teams, and unlocked her, but she won't be selectable...