• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I appreciate it, I'm just having difficulties turning one of my Kryla's into a prisim for some reason... it won't tell me why, it's just not happening... maybe I need something? I took her off all my teams, and unlocked her, but she won't be selectable...
Hmm.. have you unlocked arena teams? You might have to remove her from those also - I suspect once you unlock the arena, it sets all your teams to whatever you had at the time you unlock it.

/edit: Should be more helpful - to get to arena teams, you would click the red thing at the top when you're in the units view where you pick your team.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hmm.. have you unlocked arena teams? You might have to remove her from those also - I suspect once you unlock the arena, it sets all your teams to whatever you had at the time you unlock it.

/edit: Should be more helpful - to get to arena teams, you would click the red thing at the top when you're in the units view where you pick your team.

Yup, removed her from both arena and colloseum teams, not on any expedition teams either, and currently unlocked and without any equipment or abilities...

By the way, the duplicate IS at max level, as I have been using her before I could get the resources to turn her into a prisim and use her to awaken the original, is that possibly screwing this up?

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, removed her from both arena and colloseum teams, not on any expedition teams either, and currently unlocked and without any equipment or abilities...

By the way, the duplicate IS at max level, as I have been using her before I could get the resources to turn her into a prisim and use her to awaken the original, is that possibly screwing this up?

No, I've used duplicates at max level myself. That shouldn't cause any problems.

The only remaining thing I can think of is that she ended up on an Item World team, but I thought that issue got resolved long ago (besides I think they don't "create" those until you play it for the first time). Is she greyed out on the "turn into prism" screen? Or is there some kind of message displayed when you try? Could she be one of your shared friend units?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
No, I've used duplicates at max level myself. That shouldn't cause any problems.

The only remaining thing I can think of is that she ended up on an Item World team, but I thought that issue got resolved long ago (besides I think they don't "create" those until you play it for the first time). Is she greyed out on the "turn into prism" screen? Or is there some kind of message displayed when you try? Could she be one of your shared friend units?

She's grayed out, but she could be my friend character, hold on.

Edit: AHA, you were right! I added the second one into my friend character list, now that's changed and she can be converted, thank you for your patience and help!!!

Now I gotta work out wether I should max her level out for all her juicy abilities, or wait for the 9000 lapis pill in case I get two Bartz's and I can max him out for his damaging stuff. I only have enough Max Lvl metal cactuar's left to get her to max level, so I want to be careful with them!

Edit: I just spent enough of the other ones to get her to 105 and unlock her awesome cool down abilities. She's going to be so much fun to use when I get Bartz to follow up on her breaks! Gonna miss having two to combo off of each other though...

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Again, Thank you for the great info!

If you can, do as many player levels now, before tomorrows maintenance starts. 1 player level = 5 follow up tickets. The more levels, the more stuff you can pull and you can get some ex tickets that can net to good units. Cut off to player rank "should be" start of maintenance (about 10-12h from this post).

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yeah don't forget to use all rank exp maps today!

As for the demon event I only hit 27k so the rank exp maps will hopefully help me finish it zzzzzz

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Who else is going to join me and going for Bartz? Really liked 5 so I'm doing it, and probably Lenna too. Up to about 100k lapis and 110 tickets going in and will save w/e tickets I get tomorrow to blow on Friday.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Who else is going to join me and going for Bartz? Really liked 5 so I'm doing it, and probably Lenna too. Up to about 100k lapis and 110 tickets going in and will save w/e tickets I get tomorrow to blow on Friday.

I'm new, and I'm probably gonna to reroll for 2x Bartz, Lenna or Galuf on the special 40M downloads banner, the one that gives four guaranteed 5* characters, then I'm shotgunning all the content I can until I can afford to pull on each step of the Step Up banner for FFV, as those three are not only awesome, but important to me as part of one of my favorite games ever!

I'm keeping my current account, I just wanna see if I can Reroll my dream units.

Best of luck to you!!!

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Finally.... it took a really long time but all rank exp maps used and I finished the damn Demon event. I'm excited to open all my tickets tomorrow finally. I don't think Rank 124 is that great but then again I only started playing when Xenogears banner launched and it was the only reason I started playing again! Hoping I can pull Primrose but I doubt it. Either way.... I reached 50k lapis again and that will all be for CG Terra.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Hey thanks, was able to use your ALass for the no KO mission. Gracias

Nice, congrats on the clear!

I'm pulling as well. Have enough saved up for a full lap + a second step.

I really like both units, hopefully I can get at least one of them to 7*.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I said I would use all my 10+1 tickets and stuff tomorrow, and I will, but I will not be available when the maintenance ends so see you in about 4 hours for the FU ticket pulls.

Last edited:

hutna

Oct 25, 2017

You know I am. Only have 25k lapis saved up but I have nearly 200 tickets to spend as well. Hoping for at least one of each Butz and Lenna so I can UOC for the 7*. Currently planning to finish my last FFV Four Job Fiesta run and do my pulls during the ending cutscene/credits for luck.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, let's do this.

254ece8b-6d2f-4f17-b5ipk8o.png

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Glad others are going for him too! Hope everyone got something decent from the anniversary stuff.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
FU tickets :
21 Silver keys
240 3* EX
35 4* EX
6 5+1
19 STMR tickets

Platinum and Gold summons :

Platinum summons :
30 STMR tickets
6 5* EX
1 UoC
1 Guaranted 5* 10+1

Gold summons :
80 Lapis
3 4* EX

Imagine me tomorrow, spending 3 hours on this

ticketsickb5.png

Last edited:

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Got 3 5* tickets and a plat 10+1 ticket. Used them and got:

Roy #2
Cloud #3
T.Terra #5
Aloha Lass #2!
Lunera #3
Sieghard #2
CG Sakura (STMR!)

Sieghard and Lass are great gets so I'm happy about that!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Man I hate gearing a team for a specific fight. Such a huge waste of time. When putting resists on my main dmg dealer, I never know what piece of TDH gear I can lose to have the least negative impact on damage. Buster Style? A random +50% atk materia (like large sword mastery) a +40 ATK TDH accessory? Having to go thru the entire party to try and tetris together all your resist gear on the entire team to meet a 100% threshold. Making sure everybody has proper status resist... It's all so much work.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I understood why this boss sometimes does literally no damage to my team and sometimes one shots all of them. Seems completely arbitrary

God finally got him, but...

Clear without an ally being KO'd

thefuq....

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but there was no way I was beating that without a ton of AoE raise and reraise.

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
FU Tickets (~1200):
3*EX - 114
4*EX - 22
5*EX - 6
5+1 - 4
Prism Moogle - 4

Probably gonna use my EX stash and hope Butz pops up.

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
I wish I understood why this boss sometimes does literally no damage to my team and sometimes one shots all of them. Seems completely arbitrary

God finally got him, but...

thefuq....

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but there was no way I was beating that without a ton of AoE raise and reraise.
I hear ya. I thought I had him my first attempt (everyone survived the ambush), but I botched one of my later turns and the DoT got me. Every attempt since then, he's wiped out units with 17k hp, and i've not been able to recover. I almost feel it's not worth the effort. maybe i'll try the Xon cheese strat later just to get it done, though. kinda killed my motivation though.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I hear ya. I thought I had him my first attempt (everyone survived the ambush), but I botched one of my later turns and the DoT got me. Every attempt since then, he's wiped out units with 17k hp, and i've not been able to recover. I almost feel it's not worth the effort. maybe i'll try the Xon cheese strat later just to get it done, though. kinda killed my motivation though.
My team was FID, Sylvie, Seig (100% evade), Aeris and a pair of Esthers all with as high DEF as I could while hitting 100% Fire Res on all. Friend Esther was the only teammate that didn't have 100% fire res and died the most at random. I just tried to keep lots of reraise up at all times on at least Aeris and Seighard (for some reason Seig would randomly die despite 100% Fire Res. and evade). Basically chipped away at him with FID's water imbue + imperil until LB was up and then LB'd him down from about 30%.

I wish I could give you better pointers but after about 4 attempts at him (one time failing at like 18% where he randomly decided to start wiping my units) I literally can't tell you what changed between my successful and unsuccessful attempts. If you can cheese it I say go for it. The sword is nice but the completion reward is the better prize probably

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Have 1020 follow up tickets in all so this will take awhile. I am supposed to use this on the platinum banner right?

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Hey Kourio, do you dump your phone pics at a website to post them here? I took some snapshots of in-game but don't see an option to upload them into my post from my phone's hdd.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Finally did my pulls.

No 5* tickets from the follow up tickets but overall I got....

18 4* tickets
108 3* tickets
4 5* tickets all from follow up platinum. Other 2 are from login and demon event which I haven't used yet.
I guess I'll mention my 4 5+1 tickets... 0 10+1 tickets
15 super trust moogle tickets.

Not bad overall I guess? I kinda want to pull a Primrose so I'll gamble on these a bit. Disappointed in 0 UoC though.... could have used more of those.

I'll update with what I got once I decide to use these.

And damn at Kourio... that's gonna take... a really long time but probably feels so good next to that lapis stash.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Kourio, do you dump your phone pics at a website to post them here? I took some snapshots of in-game but don't see an option to upload them into my post from my phone's hdd.
Yeah, I'm using abload.de since imgur was (still is?) broken on Era, first option is for local pics so with my iPad it shows all my photos.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
I have a 7* WOL Lenna and a 6* WOL Bartz now, so it's been a pretty good summoning session for me today. Is WOL Lenna currently the best healer in this game? Even at 6* she seems to pretty good at her role.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Ended up doing two laps:

VotF #4
ALasswell #7
Kimono Fina #1
Zack #1
Eiko #2

Lenna x3
Bartz x1

30% ticket gave me Bartz #2. All in all I'm very happy with my pulls.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
One hour later, did all 3*/4* EX

240 3* EX (aka 3% rainbow is a lie): Regina / Aurora Fry / Ignis
35 4* EX : Mediena / Wilhelm

Taking a short break and I also have to clean my unit inventory.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nevermind

fe5057a9-e0ac-4690-8cbxk2j.png

Used 26 4* normal tickets and got 2 Lenna, no Bartz but I want to get CG Onion Knight and he got about the same TM.

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Got 4 Bartz and 2 Lenna after 2 laps. Used up all my ex tickets and only extra rainbow was from a 5+1, 130ish tickets without one really stung. Happy for 4th onion knight since his stmr will be nice for Bartz, I'll grab bartz stmr once I'm done clearing out the MK.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Shared Lenna in event 1 but totally forgot you have to re-equip them separately there, oops.
Also making sure they have their latent abilities.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Started off rough. The 4(3 10%, 1 30%) all turned into blues and the first four of lap one produced an Esther and Zeno(Grantee 5*). First 10 tickets were nothing but blues as well. First 4* ticket got me a Lenna. Earned enough lapis for that last one. Jordan Game 6. 3x Rainbow, 1 Leanna, 1 Buttz, 1 Kikyo. Going to use some UoC on Friday to get a second buttz, but I got what I wanted.

Total count used 10 3* tickets, 1 4* ticket, 25000 Lapis. 2 Leanna, 1 Buttz, 1 Esther, 1 Zeno, 1 Kikyo

I still got like 4 or 5 maps to complete for Story, so I'll be doing the 9k pulls as well. Then probably just going to save till Christmas ish

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me about the step 1 from Kimono Fina's step-up summon? What does 8+2+1 actually means?

Does the first step guarantees a 5* unit or is it just a 5* Trust Moogle? If it does, is it worth spending 4000 Lapis?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Can someone explain to me about the step 1 from Kimono Fina's step-up summon? What does 8+2+1 actually means?

Does the first step guarantees a 5* unit or is it just a 5* Trust Moogle? If it does, is it worth spending 4000 Lapis?

You'll see that on the steps they show stuff like tickets and crystals, if you see a gold crystal when it says 10+1 or 4+1 or something, that means the (+1) is going to be a guaranteed 4* or up, which means that it has a better chance of being 5* then the other part of the pull.

If you see something like 8+2+1, and you see a rainbow crystal in that slot of the step up banner, not only is the (+2) the 4*, the (+1) is a guaranteed 5*!

Watch out though, this game is sorta legendary for it's terrible Off-banner rates, so watch out and have a plan if it doesn't go well! On Monday there is a two-pull banner, 9000 gems each, that guarantees four 5* units released this year, including the WoL versions of Bartz and Lenna, Allegedly.

So I'd hunt that one down if you want to try your hand at getting kimono Fina, since you'll almost always get a really good unit out of it even if you don't get Fina. Otherwise, best of luck with the rest of the step up banner!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

Looking for picture seems to be guaranteed rainbow, 2 gold crystals and 8 random (blues etc).
Tomorrow we should get 9000 Lapis summon that guarantees 4 rainbows (forgot if it is step up).

Last edited:

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
You'll see that on the steps they show stuff like tickets and crystals, if you see a gold crystal when it says 10+1 or 4+1 or something, that means the (+1) is going to be a guaranteed 4* or up, which means that it has a better chance of being 5* then the other part of the pull.

If you see something like 8+2+1, and you see a rainbow crystal in that slot of the step up banner, not only is the (+2) the 4*, the (+1) is a guaranteed 5*!

Watch out though, this game is sorta legendary for it's terrible Off-banner rates, so watch out and have a plan if it doesn't go well! On Monday there is a two-pull banner, 9000 gems each, that guarantees four 5* units released this year, including the WoL versions of Bartz and Lenna, Allegedly.

So I'd hunt that one down if you want to try your hand at getting kimono Fina, since you'll almost always get a really good unit out of it even if you don't get Fina. Otherwise, best of luck with the rest of the step up banner!

Thank you so much for reminding me about the upcoming banner, I completely forgot about that one!

I only have 8260 Lapis and I don't plan on spending real-life money, so I may have my work cut out for me.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Got regular Fryevia from a 5+1 I randomly opened.... free daily summon today was a rainbow Loren#1 All my 3* tickets were crap. All that remains is 6 5* tickets but I wont open those yet.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
This blue to gold change in these multipulls is so lame.

In 40m dl ticket pull my 5% moogle turned from blue to gold.