• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Free 7% 10+1 : Sephiroth (new)
6 40M tickets : Ace (new)
Me as usual being 2 years late on the rainbows.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
7%: all golds and blues
9000 Lapis pull: 2nd Karlette, 1st Yuffie, 3rd Elena, 1st Kaito, 1st Kimono Fina

Kinda want the bundle with the 50% STMR moogle now with the 3rd Elena.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Mog King Team pulls: Lenna (1)
2nd set of anniversary tickets: Yuna (1)(2), Folka (8)(9), Bartz (1), Lenna (2) <--- ROFLMAO
40M DL Tickets: Nada
7% 10+1: Nada
9k Rainbow pull: Zack (1)(2), Kimono Fina (1), Kaito (1)

And with the 2 Zacks, someday after Summonfest starts and UoCs become extremely devalued, when Expert missions are finally released, that's 7* number 100 for me. That's one more grind finally out of the way.

It's kind of odd how the FF5 banners on JP were the "must pull" banners, yet are somewhat skippable because of GLEX reasons.

Lenna is a side to marginal upgrade over GLEX Myra, while GLEX enhanced Sieghard (absurdly expensive) all-but completely eliminates the need to pull for Galuf. Just missing that passive provoke, and frankly with such absurd stats now, he can easily afford to give up an accessory slot for a Yellow Balloon to cover that issue. And... they got rid of his passive cover problem as well. Good stuff.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm surprised by how unhyped those are, I guess GLEX are not tied to future JP enhancements and stuff so Gumi can go wild on those.
Anyway I didn't have Myra so I'm happy about my 2 Lenna.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Nothing from the 10+1 but I finally got the SPR parameter mission done. Those Lordly robes are mine!

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I always forgot about it but since I had a nice lazy day I finally got around to doing the Madam's Manor content, that's been pretty good.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'd been pretty severely neglecting my box and I had a ton of cactuars from recent raid summons, so I decided to go thru my entire list of 5* base units and form all the 7* that I have been putting off. Mostly it's units that I've gotten dupes of but didn't actively need the 7* version of (like a bunch of extra physical dmg dealers). Also finally got around to combining a lot of 7* to feed into STMRs. I went from having maxed out 100 million gil to now having under 40 million.

I should probably level and pot some of these units because the amount of pots I have on hand from doing 10 arenas every single day is starting to actually be a problem. I think that will be my next project. Actually the rate at which we get most materials is vastly outpacing my need for them. I'm up to 13 TMR moogles (100%), about 50 maxed out cactuars, and more HP and LB pots than I care to count.

Also just for yuks, here's my collection of 7 stars. This is what a mostly free account (I only buy fountain of lapis) of somebody who has been pretty consistently active since launch. Almost everybody in a party is a unit that I actively use. Anybody not in a party is probably a freshly awakened, level 101 7star. Open to suggestions on which of these I should level/pot/ability awaken, if any.

YiGMbAH.png

TY for reading my FFBE blog

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
What should I do with dupes of base 5* units when I already have their 7* forms? Should I just fuse them for STMR?

My 7* units with dupes are:
- A.D. Kain
- Cloud
- Dark Fina
- Elena
- Folka
- Gilgamesh
- Hyoh
- I.F. Katy
- Jecht
- Kaito
- Kunshira
- L.M. Fina
- Lulu
- Malphasie
- Marie
- Olive
- P. Katy
- Prishe
- S.D. Fina
- Sylvie
- Veritas o.t. Dark

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
What should I do with dupes of base 5* units when I already have their 7* forms? Should I just fuse them for STMR?

My 7* units with dupes are:
- A.D. Kain
- Cloud
- Dark Fina
- Elena
- Folka
- Gilgamesh
- Hyoh
- I.F. Katy
- Jecht
- Kaito
- Kunshira
- L.M. Fina
- Lulu
- Malphasie
- Marie
- Olive
- P. Katy
- Prishe
- S.D. Fina
- Sylvie
- Veritas o.t. Dark

When you have 2 dupes of a 7*ed unit, make another 7* and then fuse it into the first for the stmr and a 50% tmr moogle.

Provided they haven't forgotten about it, we'll get expert missions at some point which award you for the # of 7* awakened. Max rewards are for 100 units.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Remembering that famous banner from 3 years ago.

309bbbe8-f5e7-42aa-92oejd2.png

Those were harsh times.

Last edited:

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Hope others had good luck with the 9000 pull.

I got my third Yuraisha (got my first just a couple weeks ago), 2nd OK Refia and 2 (!) WoL Lennas. Got the 7* shared. If anyone doesn't have me I'm 737,150,495.

Got my first Delita off the "step up". Nagi from the 10+1. Not exciting... but the Lennas make up for it.

Glad this KM 5* ticket is at only 15k.

Also, since I had 150 stmr tickets I went ahead and supercharged my Randi.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

Those were harsh times.

Now those were the glorious pre base-rainbow days, where Gumi frequently screwed around with the draw rates behind the scenes and some base-blue units were much, MUCH rarer than others. Zidane's draw rate was astronomically bad being in the "rare" blue crystal pool and on a 7 unit banner.

That level of trolling was only later matched by the Brave Frontier banner, where the absurd chase for Tilith caused many people to quit the game (a triple gold crystal banner, split over 1% odds, so 1 in 300 chance to pull her). Then, Gumi re-ran that banner again just for the lols.

Now that I think about it, the only real time a banner that bad has shown up during the 3% rainbow era was last year's Halloween banner, where Gumi put all the old Halloween rainbow units on a banner and then allowed off-banner rainbows on it. It was literally chasing Tilith again, trying to pull a GL Sakura.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

Those were harsh times.

I remember calling that shit to the T and getting many down votes on reddit before it released, then dozens of up votes right after

9k pull treated me well. 2nd Vincent and someone else, but got my 2nd Sylvie and 2nd Lid/Fina.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Now those were the glorious pre base-rainbow days, where Gumi frequently screwed around with the draw rates behind the scenes and some base-blue units were much, MUCH rarer than others. Zidane's draw rate was astronomically bad being in the "rare" blue crystal pool and on a 7 unit banner.

That level of trolling was only later matched by the Brave Frontier banner, where the absurd chase for Tilith caused many people to quit the game (a triple gold crystal banner, split over 1% odds, so 1 in 300 chance to pull her). Then, Gumi re-ran that banner again just for the lols.

Now that I think about it, the only real time a banner that bad has shown up during the 3% rainbow era was last year's Halloween banner, where Gumi put all the old Halloween rainbow units on a banner and then allowed off-banner rainbows on it. It was literally chasing Tilith again, trying to pull a GL Sakura.

God, I remember the Tilith banner. What a bloodbath. I pulled so many times and never even got one copy of her, to the point at which I was without a meta healer all the way until Ayaka came out.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Ah yes Tilith. I never pulled on her banner. I didn't follow the game in such detail back then and I had no idea what a good healer she was, and I wasn't interested in non-FF characters.

Then when I started doing trials, every time I pulled I was hoping for an Aria or Rosa. I never got them and it drove me insane lol.

I finally got Luka and she was my main healer for the longest time, up until CG Fina. I even fully enhanced her.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I love that the guaranteed 5% moogle started off blue and turned into a yellow crystal before popping

because that's necessary

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was doing the story update without giving much attention to my Lapis count, but after reaching that amount, it was too satisfying to look at to not share.

1aeb578e-5343-419f-b73tjsb.png

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
What is the build people put on their arena teams to auto kill themselves? I wanna do this. I can't take another week where they disable all my W abilities

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be a waste to use 5* Select Tickets for Maritime Strategist Nichol? Or is there a better support oriented unit that can increases the party's stats and recovers everyone's MP?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
What is the build people put on their arena teams to auto kill themselves? I wanna do this. I can't take another week where they disable all my W abilities

See my post some pages back:

Late to the party.

This item saves me many clicks in arena. I have lvl 1 Kefka equipped with 2. Its auto lose, no need to go to menu and give up.
Thanks Gumi for making this item craftable.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
No dual skill week and suddenly everyone has Lilith again.
Stay trash, Arena, suicide slime ftw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Dual Triple Tornado + Dual AR chains = Dead Lilith.
Any other week it would be fine, I refuse to remove my Golbezes off my main Arena team.
Only have trouble against those with 100% element resist, then Akstar/Zeno take care of them.

Edit : I was bored so I used 5+1 tickets until rainbow (took 6) and got my fourth SMTR (Lightning/Ramza/Golbez), now I know what to do this week.

fab5b057-3ec7-4039-8b5cjao.png

Last edited:

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Any other week it would be fine, I refuse to remove my Golbezes off my main Arena team.
Only have trouble against those with 100% element resist, then Akstar/Zeno take care of them.

Edit : I was bored so I used 5+1 tickets until rainbow (took 6) and got my fourth SMTR (Lightning/Ramza/Golbez), now I know what to do this week.

fab5b057-3ec7-4039-8b5cjao.png

Your dedication to Golbez is impressive.

And hot damn that lapis hoard... O_O

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
K, I find it lame that you have to do specific Chamber trials before others open up, particularly the Scorn ones. It should just unlock the Scorn version (if available) of ones you've already completed normally. Greg is dumb. Getting Ulric's Kukri this week should maybe help take him out, if building my Reberta to annihilate him doesn't do the job, first.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Did the 2nd 4-rainbow 9k summon. Somehow I managed to get 4 brand new units. Beowulf, Kaito, Crimson and Ignacio. Nothing I'm gonna use tbh, but can't beat the bargain

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Would it be a waste to use 5* Select Tickets for Maritime Strategist Nichol? Or is there a better support oriented unit that can increases the party's stats and recovers everyone's MP?
MP recovery units are more and more common. Nichol is useful, but Sylvie has been much more useful for me lately - she only has full-party MP recovery on her LB, but she does have a single-target one (200mp) she can dual or triple-cast (if you unlocked her triple on a previous turn). She also has breaks, break resistance (Nichol doesn't), ailment resistance, ATK/MAG and DEF/SPR buffs, three imbues (Nichol has one), and better elemental resistance coverage. If you're looking for a support unit, she's probably the swiss army knife you'll want in 90% of situations. She's only really missing charm resistance and more long-term sustainability on her breaks (hers are 70% cooldowns, and her off-breaks are 45%).

My 2nd 4-rainbow 9K got me a 4th Yuraisha (wow, 30% HP on a 95 SPR hat - wish I had Charlotte's STMR now), a 3rd OK Refia, Golbez, and Zack.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
MP recovery units are more and more common. Nichol is useful, but Sylvie has been much more useful for me lately - she only has full-party MP recovery on her LB, but she does have a single-target one (200mp) she can dual or triple-cast (if you unlocked her triple on a previous turn). She also has breaks, break resistance (Nichol doesn't), ailment resistance, ATK/MAG and DEF/SPR buffs, three imbues (Nichol has one), and better elemental resistance coverage. If you're looking for a support unit, she's probably the swiss army knife you'll want in 90% of situations. She's only really missing charm resistance and more long-term sustainability on her breaks (hers are 70% cooldowns, and her off-breaks are 45%).

My 2nd 4-rainbow 9K got me a 4th Yuraisha (wow, 30% HP on a 95 SPR hat - wish I had Charlotte's STMR now), a 3rd OK Refia, Golbez, and Zack.

Thanks for the answer! You just saved me from wasting some valuable tickets since I already have 7* Sylvie.

You wouldn't happen to have any recommendation for a magic attacker, do you? Currently my best 7* mage-type units are Dark Fina, Seabreeze Dark Fina, and Lulu. I already have 6* Circe, Christine, and Blossom Sage Sakura. Are any of them worth the 5* select summoning?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Can't uoc limited units. I would save your uoc for later day. You never know what you pull, Circe is by far your best mage of those you mentioned. But if you don't need her as some crucial role now (that you can't clear something) I would not uoc anything at the moment.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
OMG I got ready for the Ultimate Arena Showdown!!!

e0JoeSe.png

But I got baited, he didn't even have a curse ring on lol
oxCDGfN.png

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I used all my 5+1 and 10+1 tickets (no premium though) and the result were largely unimpressive.
Ellesperis / Jiraiya / dupe Merc. Ramza and finally some luck with my 4th Nyx

c9ec3d3a-2a5a-4878-bafqkfe.png

Well I'm glad it's Item World week, haha.
Gumi finally know how to make me pull, have boring as hell weeks.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
7% rainbow got me my 2nd Aloha Lasswell, which is probably now my best overall DPS. That's pretty awesome. (also my 2nd duke)

Now I just need to figure out how to kit Aloha. I need to complete Gilgamesh and probably prism moogle Lightning's TMR to get him more serviceable. Right now he's sitting around 2300 ATK.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
7% rainbow summon got me my ninth CG Fina.

Thanks, Gumi. Thanks for wasting a unit box slot. :|