• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Comparable is a good way to put it. When it comes to top-tier healers it's usually more of a specifics game.

Alright, seems like I can hold off on using UoC. Thank you!

Between today and yesterday, I got two copies of Seaside Nichol. Might 7* him for the heck of it.

I managed to complete the 25k parameter quest. I'm only missing the MP one and I'll have completed them all.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Welp, I geared out Reberta, leveled Sylvie (to 100! she's just a 6*~~~), geared the rest of the team for physical eHP and had Reberta come down very, very hard on Greg's head. And not in a sexy way (other than clearing the trial, that is).

Seriously, eff that guy. and 6* Sylvie is ridiculous.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't even have a first CG Fina, after all this time... (or Nichol or PG Lasswell for that matter, either.)

The 7% pull wasn't trash for a change, got Ignis (2) and Elephim (3) from it. Meh?

Still haven't gotten a single rainbow from the celebration step-ups outside of the the guaranteed rainbows.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
The 7% pull wasn't trash for a change, got Ignis (2) and Elephim (3) from it. Meh?

Still haven't gotten a single rainbow from the celebration step-ups outside of the the guaranteed rainbows.

Got 2nd Malphasie and 1st Hope. Also no rainbows from those stepups except those guaranteed ones.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I geared out Reberta, leveled Sylvie (to 100! she's just a 6*~~~), geared the rest of the team for physical eHP and had Reberta come down very, very hard on Greg's head. And not in a sexy way (other than clearing the trial, that is).

Seriously, eff that guy. and 6* Sylvie is ridiculous.
Jealous. I'm looking for a good way to clear him and although I think I have the tools, I'm not yet sure how to use them. I was able to chain up for a regina finisher to get him down to ~40% in two turns (after waiting for his mitigation to go away) but the third turn I just couldn't keep up the damage. And yeah, 6* Sylvie is really good, better than some 7* supports.

Covering elements for that fight isn't really a problem for me - I could use Citan + Randi and cover pretty much all of them... but staying in the fight and doing the damage to finish him off is a bit of a challenge. It's tough in the later trials where a misstep means a party wipe vs having to scramble to recover.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
IW feels broken or nerfed. Ran my Nirvana about 5 times trying to upgrade its rare roll from MP/SPR 15% to 20% and I've ran my fresh Ulric kukri about 5 times now and I haven't gotten a single roll higher than 10% on ANY stat, not just the ones I'm specifically looking for. Also not a single rare. Last 2 IW's I ran my entire collection of 6 Bowie Knives to upgrade them all from High Tide to High Tide+ and had no problems

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used my NRG the last 3 days after being done with dailies, I feel like the Morgana trial is one week late.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Lich down! I tried with 6* charlotte because she was possible to gear for 100% provoke, but her stats were crummy due to not being 7*. I ended up setting up Awakened Rain for it, which was made possible by the materia we can craft from the recent raid. Huge, huge difference and almost made the thing easy.

Thanks for being enhanced (and thus unenhanced) Reberta!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Did it in 13 turns and all missions with no deaths and no re-raise.

Congratlations!

I know you have planned this alot and been talking it in Discord. But damn, its great to see such an "easy" clear.
My clear will wait for better day. Most likely missing so many crucial units. Out of your build I have Folka :p.

Here is the Reddit thread for moon to those who are planning to try the clear:

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Wow did they nerf the shit out of the chances of getting lapis from the reward wheel or what? 7 pulls now, but 2 days in a row literally nothing but energy pots. Back when it was 5 ads a day I can't even remember the last time I didn't roll lapis at least once per day and I was getting 30 and 100 lapis rolls a few times a week easily. Small sample size for now I guess but I'm side eye'ing the shit out of this

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Wow did they nerf the shit out of the chances of getting lapis from the reward wheel or what? 7 pulls now, but 2 days in a row literally nothing but energy pots. Back when it was 5 ads a day I can't even remember the last time I didn't roll lapis at least once per day and I was getting 30 and 100 lapis rolls a few times a week easily. Small sample size for now I guess but I'm side eye'ing the shit out of this

Yup they added more (as in 150 max) and 60 as 2nd. But the chance to get was obviously lowered and I guess they count that 500 lapis per 100 ads too to those chances (that you now have 2 ads more per day so you get 500 Lapis faster).

I guess eventually we get less Lapis than earlier :D. They try everything they can to give us less free premium currency (normal tix and Lapis). Iam prolly not only player who has spend a lot less time with game this year than earlier years.

Due to their stupid decisions.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
My previous expectation was 10 lapis a day from the wheel, in the past 30 I missed that 5 times, with only 1 being a complete shutout (0 lapis instead of 5 lapis)

I hit 10 today, but the other 13 spins were all energy

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Any recent units that would love their LB built up? Sitting on 50+ UoC tickets, 5 prisms, and a bunch of Burst pots that could probably go somewhere. Got CG Bartz but not 7star.

This 7 spin reward wheel is super weird.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
What do you do with moogle prisms after you max them? Just sell them? I don't see any other options like a trade for trust coins but wanted to check.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
What do you do with moogle prisms after you max them? Just sell them? I don't see any other options like a trade for trust coins but wanted to check.
Right now I've just sold them once you get the TMR. I haven't seen anything in JP to indicate it would be worth keeping them taking up unit slot space.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Right now I've just sold them once you get the TMR. I haven't seen anything in JP to indicate it would be worth keeping them taking up unit slot space.
Thanks! I'm at the point where I need to clean-up some space so would like to sell them. Too bad there isn't an option for a trade, even if it's only a small one for 50 trust coins or something.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I used a prism for a second Hermes sandals (so I'll end up with three after my 7* bartz TMs) and a Dual Form (R Lightning TM because I was not about to spend any more resources on that banner).

still have five more.

now I am out of Cactaurs... Bartz, Morgana, Tsukiko, Aloha Laswell, and Yuraisha (who I should not have levelled) I am tapped! I am actually going to buy the cactaurs from the FFV MK shop!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Any recent units that would love their LB built up? Sitting on 50+ UoC tickets, 5 prisms, and a bunch of Burst pots that could probably go somewhere. Got CG Bartz but not 7star.

This 7 spin reward wheel is super weird.
Esther if you have her but if you plan on going for King Rain who should come out by November, he's all about spamming his LB for damage too.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah fuck this shit, keep clicking our ads for barely any reward

vwb4okX.png

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I got a 50 lapis today but be careful as the wheel graphic glitch and don't show up if you get the updated reward, you still have to click the empty space or risk losing it with a game reboot.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Doing my daily rounds and summon a unit was all that was left.

Used a 4* ticket on the a Sol banner turned Rainbow and Sol. Lol

If you wanted it to happen for a unit you are looking for it would never happen

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I already have 7star Circe or Tsukiko. I spent a 4* ticket to get rid of my gambling pull urges and got a Sol. ~_~; I'd still rather wait for CG Terra but we're also about to head into Halloween and Xmas territory.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm jealous, Sol is so much better than 4 months old Golbez, mage powercreep is real
Sol : "Execution" Dark magic damage (4.5x) with consecutive increase (6 times, 2x each, 16.5x max) to all enemies / 82 MP
"Sage's Wisdom"
[5 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
Decrease fire, light, and dark resistance (100%) for 4 turns to all enemies
Increase MAG (200%) for 5 turns to caster
Enable skill for 5 turns to caster: Quadruple Obliteration

Golbez : "Abyssal Quasar "
Dark magic damage (0.25x) with ignore SPR (50%) to all enemies + Dark magic damage (1.75x) with ignore SPR (50%) to all enemies / 115 MP
"Twin Moon"
Decrease light and dark resistance (100%) for 3 turns to all enemies
Increase MAG/SPR (150%) for 3 turns to caster
Enable skill for 2 turns to caster: Warlock's Quadruple Barrage

So yeah, better damage, less MP used, and quadruple cast that last 4x longer. And I bet Gumi is going to buff Exdeath, meanwhile Alim stopped doing ability enhancements so RIP my Golbez.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
The power crew between magic users has been insane recently. One unit will be FotM one month and the next it's someone else entirely.

Got the 10% 5* ticket from the extra stage and used it and got my 2nd Sol. Guess that's that then.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The power crew between magic users has been insane recently. One unit will be FotM one month and the next it's someone else entirely.
Yeah things are about to get crazy for mages.
Just compare the 2 skills I posted with CG Dark Fina :
Dark magic damage (5x) with consecutive increase (6 times, 2.5x each, 20x max) to all enemies / 65 MP

Even stronger and even less MP, this is just nut.
Of course before that we have Exdeath and CG Terra.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
I've been stuck with Dark Fina as the strongest magic attacker in my roster for so long that I just had to break my personal rule of maintaining at least 100 tickets for the sake of pulling 7* Sol.

I finally got my 2nd Sol two days ago and he is totally worth hundreds of wasted EX tickets and rainbow-less 5+1 ticket pulls.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I got my second Tsukiko for the 5* 40M pull today. Not too shabby, I've gotten two Tsukiko's from these 40m pulls now.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
The 5* ticket along with the 7% 10+1 banner gave me my fourth Ramza (went for his shield for my CG Charlotte), 1st Fitra, and 2nd Kain (eww).

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fuck this shit, keep clicking our ads for barely any reward

vwb4okX.png

The Mog King revamp isn't too much farther away. You'll want to gather as many energy potions as possible. Unless the system is changed for global (who knows?), reports from the JP server suggest that it takes 200-300 energy potions on top of grinding for the full event to earn all of the key rewards that will be offered.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Guarantee: Dressy Aileen (1)
7%: Mediena (3), Nyx (3)

Three rainbows for free in one day, and I'm still deeply disappointed. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, Gumi.

/headdesk

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The Mog King revamp isn't too much farther away. You'll want to gather as many energy potions as possible. Unless the system is changed for global (who knows?), reports from the JP server suggest that it takes 200-300 energy potions on top of grinding for the full event to earn all of the key rewards that will be offered.
Yep and I need my Garland, a shame he's not summon-able because I would have got 4 of him.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
That's depressing. I've got maybe a thousand-ish already saved up because currently using all available stamina on a MK is more than enough to get everything I want out of them (and I even have currency left over to supplement my crysts) but if they swing it too hard in the other direction that im depleting that many pots per event that'll just be another log on the shitfire that makes me want to walk on this game

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This is probably my luckiest free pull.... last week I got two rainbows. First week none. Pretty insane luck here after my bad luck in DFFOO last night :o but yeah... 4 rainbows.

On a side note... Sol's story event was great! He has such a sad story and it just leaves it more of a killer since he
is dead as hell currently
2MYydWJ.png

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Grats on your pull Hikari!
And I agree on Sol, I like his character a lot so this story event was one I actually read, haha.

I got my first Jecht on the 40 mil ticket (ugh) and nothing on the 7%, but I pulled 4 Sols these past days from tickets and 2 2000 lapis pulls so I'm not that upset.

I tried him out for Moon and he destroys it, but he struggles a lot with MP without strong regens. His stmr makes it a bit better fortunately.

Edit: Just saw the ffbe updates post on reddit. Omg KH Sephiroth! Nooooo. I want him so much but I need to save up for CG WoL. T_T

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
This will be first Story Event I don't bother to use my time :). Eventho I have Kryla who makes missions faster to get Iam kinda fed of the problems crappy old spaghetticode makes.

For example those in battle text discussions. They used to be so that you could just click fast to skip them. Now its useless, one needs to wait beteewn text boxes.

Meanwhile 2019 pull was Butts which means I got it to 7* without much of chasing (Tossing all the tix and getting 0 rainbows). Was fun to see 3004 atk but I decided to equip Muramasa(?) instead Zanketsu cause it has those killers, just not so great IW stats in Murawhatever. So cruising 2944 Butts with Discernment :tiduslaugh:.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts this week (raid), so no Exdeath/Galuf/Krile and since the next one is a Mog King, it'll be CG Terra.
Pretty funny Exdeath got the same fate as Golbez, already powercreeped hard before he could release.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe we're getting more Katy lol... Tempted to drop all my lapis on AI Katy cuz idk if I can live my life not having the full Katy collection... The overlap on the Venn diagram of Katy stans and FFBE fans is minuscule I'm sure, but here I am. This is my life