• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I got a 2nd one of the uh whatever the unit is that rides a Malboro. Got a 7 star of that guy now. Thanks 7% rainbow summon!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got Yuffie #3 from the free 10+1. I know she's not exactly a great ninja, despite her claims, but I'll take her. Hoping to eventually max out all VII characters if RNG lets me.

Also got a KH Seph off a ticket, to go along with the Riku I pulled earlier. Probably not going to bother with going for second copies and just wait for their prisms in the exchange shop. I will try for Sora and KH Cloud though, just need to work through more story for enough lapis for a full step-up then I'll go for it.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got Yuffie #3 from the free 10+1. I know she's not exactly a great ninja, despite her claims, but I'll take her. Hoping to eventually max out all VII characters if RNG lets me.

Also got a KH Seph off a ticket, to go along with the Riku I pulled earlier. Probably not going to bother with going for second copies and just wait for their prisms in the exchange shop. I will try for Sora and KH Cloud though, just need to work through more story for enough lapis for a full step-up then I'll go for it.

I wish I got a Riku :(

KH Seph is just such a boring unit and even his STMR is boring. I don't know how they managed to make KH's original ultraboss such a boring playable character.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Decide to try my luck with only one lap of the AI Katty banner, in the first nothing but in the second one give me a nice surprise.

dzLN9EC.png
.n_n.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
From the free 7% 10+1 I got my 4th Wilhelm and my 4th Olive so I just went straight for their STMRs.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Hmm, so when you enhance a 7* unit with a third and forth copy of that unit to get their STMR, you lose a shot at those copies' TMRs right? Do you just infuse the copies with moogles before using them to enhance? Or do most people not even bother getting the TMRs?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so when you enhance a 7* unit with a third and forth copy of that unit to get their STMR, you lose a shot at those copies' TMRs right? Do you just infuse the copies with moogles before using them to enhance? Or do most people not even bother getting the TMRs?

Correct. If you use raw 5* units as STMR materials you lose any chance at getting their TMRs unless you moogle their Trust before fusing them. What I usually do in that case is turn the second pair of 5*s into a 7* and fuse THAT as the STMR material, that way I have at least one moogle container that I can use in the future if I need another TMR copy.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017

Depends on the TMR, but most people here swear by creating a second 7* with the 3rd and 4th copy, then fusing the 7* one which is good for two reasons:
1) you get a prism moogle, in case you want the TMR
2) it increments some counter of 7* units awakened which, in the JP version, yielded rewards at certain thresholds (Gumi has said this feature is still coming).

It does cost an extra 3 million gil... which is a lot.

If there were a TMR I wanted that badly (can't think of one I've seen that I need 4 copies of), I would moogle first for the one "lost" copy.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Thanks both, that helps a great deal. I've actually hit the gil cap so for now I can probably opt to create the two 7*. Having started in March, I'm at a point where I do need better stats boosters so having an option to grab more TMRs via prisms, if I need them, would be helpful too.

May 13, 2019
What's with those Arena teams that die as soon as the fight starts? No that I'm complaining since this week's rules kneecaped me (status ailments are a no-no thing and I rely exclusively on Noctis' Fire Flask to cripple opponents) so any help I can get is more than just welcome.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
What's with those Arena teams that die as soon as the fight starts? No that I'm complaining since this week's rules kneecaped me (status ailments are a no-no thing and I rely exclusively on Noctis' Fire Flask to cripple opponents) so any help I can get is more than just welcome.

It's an item from the FFVII event that deals fixed damage 2000 to wearer at the start of battle:

I have 2 equipped on each Reimi in my "defense" arena team to make it easier for other people.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Now that you mention it, I've got that ring too.

Also, thanks for your thoughtfulness. I, and plenty of people I bet, really appreciate it.
If you opt for this approach, you can still win arena fights if you pick another "self destruct" team (usually, a friend summon unit or a low-rarity event unit... though I've noticed some are still "real" teams). Both teams dying before the first round counts as a win for you!

May 13, 2019
If you opt for this approach, you can still win arena fights if you pick another "self destruct" team (usually, a friend summon unit or a low-rarity event unit... though I've noticed some are still "real" teams). Both teams dying before the first round counts as a win for you!
Had no idea. Perhaps I'll try this approach since I'm pretty much no show for the time being.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Had no idea. Perhaps I'll try this approach since I'm pretty much no show for the time being.

Since I give 0 value to arena rank (no one should, rewards are bad vs time it takes). Curse ring is fastest way to get 40 Lapis. A lot less useless taps when you skip many phases that need tap or 666 taps. Also as we do now have these "Do 666 arena battles, Curse Ring is even more valuable". My level 1 Kefka has successfully died many times with 2 Curse rings equipped.

Makes life somewhat easier when trying to avoid ui that is complete clusterfuck.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone : It's going to be CG Terra week!
Gumi : Dragon Quest XI S event yooo!
Once again, they'll be buffed when we reach JP timeline of their release.

Getting ready for the revamped King Mog events I guess, we get the box summons this time.

Last edited:

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Who is even going to pull for this after the KH banner? I guess is not Gumi's decision to make on when to run limited collaboration banners. I'd rather wait for the GLEX units and the future fan units. Time to save again.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
My brain farted when I was reading about these silver & gold keys. Like seriously wtf, what are you smoking Gumi & Se and who not.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
The amusing thing is that it's actually an improvement over the Japanese version. I just don't understand why S-E thinks it's a good idea to run two limited collaboration banners back to back of two of their most famous IPs.
Well I'm just going to get the free random 6* star unit and wait for the prism, though Serena looks pretty great, finally not a boring DPS unit, but a healer.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Hope everyone got better than me from the "shiny" pull today - 300 lapis, 5xSTMR tickets. I'm up to 55 (after spending one) so at least it's forward progress.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Friday I'm going to play DQ XI S anyway, not interest in this banner but the grind without bonus is going to suck
My brain farted when I was reading about these silver & gold keys. Like seriously wtf, what are you smoking Gumi & Se and who not.
I am seriously so confused right now.... I'm just gonna stop trying to understand this keys system.
It's just another summon currency, we're not getting the real "summon boxes" system yet.
This is what JP got for this event for example :

Silver/Gold Keys:

• Used to obtain DQXI S Hero Units
  • Available from Step-Up (3 Laps?)
    • Each Step has a Silver Key
    • Step 5 also has a Gold Key
  • One Silver Key from Event Box 1
  • One Gold Key from Event Box 4
  • Gold Box Content: 1x of each Hero unit
  • Silver Box Content: 4x of each Hero unit, 4x 50% and 5x 10% Trust Moogles
Notice the "event box", that's the real summon boxes stuff we're not getting yet.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My eyes glazed over at the new keys too. Lots of silly and extraneous stuff in this games' economy.
They're doing this to hide the fact they'll give less and less rewards, we'll soon be in the period where JP players were in uproar because of this + summon fests.
Latest raid in JP gave EX tickets for example...

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Looking more at the banner and it's still really bad, less random than the Japanese version, but with less chance of getting a rainbow.

No step ups for the heroes, no way to use your tickets, I understand they tried this in Japan because DQ is an extremely popular IP there and they hoped for some whales fan to pull, but here I don't think there are a lot of people willing to spend money on a DQ banner. If future collaborations banner are going to be like this then I'm going to ignore them altogether.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Really sucks ass at how badly this is being done, I really loved DQ XI and would have loved to pull for some of these but god damn this sounds like a mess.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
In my opinion they should have just skipped it.

But whatever. I'm sure they're trying to figure out how to work out summon fest.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Looking more at the banner and it's still really bad, less random than the Japanese version, but with less chance of getting a rainbow.

No step ups for the heroes, no way to use your tickets, I understand they tried this in Japan because DQ is an extremely popular IP there and they hoped for some whales fan to pull, but here I don't think there are a lot of people willing to spend money on a DQ banner. If future collaborations banner are going to be like this then I'm going to ignore them altogether.

Yeah. It really sounds like they've completely mislead the room re: how dedicated the western DQ fanbase is.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually sad about this. I loved DQ XI. And also what's up with not calling the hero Luminary? Eleven, seriously?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Apple is delaying Dissidia app update, yes it's happening AGAIN.
Best to log out on an android emulator/device before the maintenance if you can, just in case.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I finally managed to almost fully enhance Cid yesterday (minus the +2 on his TDH passive which isn't relevant in a TDW build anyway).
Gonna bring him for the Moose whenever that comes around. I haven't used him in trials since Shiva and Golem, this is gonna be fun.
Dragoons are my absolute favourites.

Apparently it comes from Luminary/Eleven's Smash appearance.

Ah I see. Thanks.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well you guys are lucky, the appstore has the update already, we had to wait 12 hours after the maintenance for Dissidia.

EDIT : I jinxed it, we got double maintenance extension. (2 hours + 1 hour)

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
UoC unit selection screen has changed, with ticket costs being displayed on each unit. This implies that Summonfest units could be UoCable at higher costs on GL.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
UoC unit selection screen has changed, with ticket costs being displayed on each unit. This implies that Summonfest units could be UoCable at higher costs on GL.

You can even sort them by ticket costs.

That would be great, I hope it's 15 tickets, even though I can see them going for the steep 20. It would still be miles ahead of the Jp version because with some resource management you can always get the unit you want. The ideal would be 5 tickets for the very old units (most of them are useless nowadays), 10 tickets for the non summon fest units and 15 tickets for the summon fest only units. I hope they will announce their plan soon, don't screw up Gumi.

On the other hand they nerfed Serena a lot for no valid reason since we already have Myra and Lenna.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Cleared S2, skipfest. S1 I did read story, in S2 story went downhill to very lame so started skipfesting.
Out of 3 years 4 months 10 days of FFBE journey 99% of it I played muted.

Sidenote, there is no moogle nor anything for S2 clear reward.

But there is over 53mb download before last fight.

AI Katy lap 2 step 1 was dud. Prolly not getting 5k before banner goes away, I have 3 AIK.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I'd say super weird that we've now received two events from way in the future back to back but I agree with what seems like an obvious notion now that they are trying to stall to figure out how exactly to implement Summon Fest. I'm not sure why they couldn't just bring out the FFV Raid instead of KH though and avoid having to nerf more units for a time.

Excited to be able to finish Season 2 story since I managed to not spoil how exactly it ends. I somewhat feel bad for people that skip it or aren't able to enjoy it since with all the shenanigans Gummi pulls, it's sometimes the lone bright spot that keeps me playing.

Also, a huge WTF???? that not even the FFVIII Remaster could get Alim to do a second FFVIII banner! Has no one in Japan ever asked them why they're ignoring VIII during their Q and A's? It' so freaking weird, VIII is one of the most popular in sales and they bothered with this Remaster because there's a large following but Alim acts like it's Type 0 oh wait, not even because Type 0 has had multiple banners :( It's going to be weird as hell to get CG Squall and then get the other units later making them stronger. They need to get them in before CG Squall if at all possible... If I didn't like the story this alone might have made me quit the game. I demand answers from SE or Alim! /endrant

Indeed, that's the hope and I'd find that acceptable when looking at the mess that is Japan's version. Though they SHOULD do something better here since we don't have nearly the amount of UoC tickets Japan players get and the whole point of Summon Fest was to counteract Alim's mistake of giving the Japan players too many UoC tickets. Given Alim's shady practice of adding mainline CG protagonists to Summon Fest as it went along, it would be a relief to know we can guarantee ourselves these units if we save accordingly.
Cleared S2, skipfest. S1 I did read story, in S2 story went downhill to very lame so started skipfesting.
Out of 3 years 4 months 10 days of FFBE journey 99% of it I played muted.

Sidenote, there is no moogle nor anything for S2 clear reward.

But there is over 53mb download before last fight.

AI Katy lap 2 step 1 was dud. Prolly not getting 5k before banner goes away, I have 3 AIK.
In Japan, they did something like a two week event leading up to Season 3 starting where if you've completed Season 2 before that event ends, you get a 100% STMR moogle. I would imagine they'll do the same thing here as we approach Season 3 but we shall see. Also, curious, since you skipped everything in the story, are you even aware of the twists and who certain characters really are? You might have read spoilers for that part but I'm just curious.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is a "wind defense challenge" somebody help
Spoiler I guess, for cheese. Splash one character to beat the boss with this one easy trick*!
*breaks used on the higher couple stages; YMMV if you don't use them, probably still not much danger
1. Bring Xon
2. Use Twist of Fate, defend with everyone except breaker, laugh
3. Turn 2, KO the thing with whatever non-wind damage you have