• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I have been so lazy to even play this week outside of doing the spins. My energy has been full for 5 days now.... just bring on CG Terra please so I can have something to look forward to......

Edit: Oh shite the new story is out so i'll do that lol.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
We're getting another 9k guaranteed rainbow x4 pull and I'm gonna spend the last drop of lapis I got on it. Last one managed to give me 4 brand new units somehow, but the one before that finished 2 STMRs iirc, and I'm still 3/4 on enough units that I think these are a good use of lapis for me. I have like literally no stash for any future units

Also this entire DQ11 banner is an absolute disaster. Very glad there isn't a UOC ticket in the MK shop cause I'm getting the tickets, cactuars and the EXP shoes and then promptly nope'ing the hell out of this event. Got some story to catch up on anyways

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I used 5 normal tickets on DQ banner for bonus unit and gold the Dragon, since almost nobody is going to pull on that I put him on Event 1 for the extra 75%
I admit I wanted him for the sprite, haha.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Is Lovely Katy's SMTR worth leveling her and spending the 3M Gold? It looks like it is pretty sweet.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Also, a huge WTF???? that not even the FFVIII Remaster could get Alim to do a second FFVIII banner! Has no one in Japan ever asked them why they're ignoring VIII during their Q and A's? It' so freaking weird, VIII is one of the most popular in sales and they bothered with this Remaster because there's a large following but Alim acts like it's Type 0 oh wait, not even because Type 0 has had multiple banners :( It's going to be weird as hell to get CG Squall and then get the other units later making them stronger. They need to get them in before CG Squall if at all possible... If I didn't like the story this alone might have made me quit the game. I demand answers from SE or Alim! /endrant

As I understand, it's not really Alim or Gumi's call on which FF characters they can choose. It's all on S-E and it's not surprising considering the way S-E treated FFVIII before the remaster. FFVIII is missing so many characters that a single banner wouldn't suffice.

Also this entire DQ11 banner is an absolute disaster. Very glad there isn't a UOC ticket in the MK shop cause I'm getting the tickets, cactuars and the EXP shoes and then promptly nope'ing the hell out of this event. Got some story to catch up on anyways

I'm grabbing some of the Trust Moogle too, Luminary's TMR is BiS for King Rain and Veronica's TMR is BiS for TDH mag build, but before grabbing them it's better to wait and see which free character you'll get with the silver keys (which are the last EP reward).

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Got 500 Lapis from 100 ads. Not so surprisingly had 0 times 150. Before it used to be at least 1x100 Lapis or usually 2-3
Plus much more smaller things, like ~30-50 Lapis daily.

G5 Was 3rd Luneth.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
G5 for me was a Raegan - my fourth (thought it was my third).
I already have better ATK light armor (even Catastrophic is marginally better)... but the resists might come in handy, and the 50% LB gain might find some use too.

Will have to debate another 9K pull. Four rainbows are hard to turn up, especially with the date range involved... Even a "poor" pull would probably shore up rainbows towards some new STMRs, or at least access to more helpful regular TMRs. I'm at ~16K lapis right now, and have 90+ tickets... so fishing still isn't out of the question as long as the banners I want aren't lapis-exclusive.

Also, mandatory "this banner sucks".

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Is Aranea any good? Took me two full steps to finally get my KH Cloud (ugghhhh) but along the way I picked up THREE Araneas. How fun to have ended up with more copies of her than the featured units!! /s

Anyway, I already had one copy of her so I can get her STMR. It will definitely be useful but I don't have anyone else at a decent level that wields spears for the 30% atk perk so I figured I might as well level and pot her if it's worth it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I needed 1000 Lapis for AI Katy banner lap 2 step 2 for 4th AI Katy (got 3 in first lap). Started to thing yesterday where the heck I get em.
Then remembered, oh that one trial has 1000 Lapis reward. Asked in Discord which one of those 2 is easier and got answer:

^^
Thus checked that thread and Sinzard video. Leveled my 101 Arain to 120 and maxed his stuff. Asked in Discord for specific Circe friend and Kirito & Sean put theirs up. Some "test" runs later I had the mechanics and knowledge how to do this.

Screenshot_20190929-183232.png
Screenshot_20190929-183335.png
Screenshot_20190929-183410.png

In a game where you are so dependant of friend units, friend unit system is garbage. Also it took so much time to equip those units even I used Sinzar video to check what I use if I was missing some eq's sinzar had.

The prize:

Screenshot_20190929-183641.png
Screenshot_20190929-184534.png
Screenshot_20190929-184750.png

Dunno when I do next trial, these take so much irl time.
- Look for external resources (cause ingame has none)
- Set your units (use pots etc)
- Equip your units
- Ask right friend unit
- Start friend unit bingo
- Go to trial
- Fail trial n+666 times and waste 666 nrg
- Learn the mechanics and clear it

^^
So many wrongs in that list, Gumi being Gumi.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Is Aranea any good? Took me two full steps to finally get my KH Cloud (ugghhhh) but along the way I picked up THREE Araneas. How fun to have ended up with more copies of her than the featured units!! /s

Anyway, I already had one copy of her so I can get her STMR. It will definitely be useful but I don't have anyone else at a decent level that wields spears for the 30% atk perk so I figured I might as well level and pot her if it's worth it.

Congrats on your Khloud!
Enhanced, Aranea's a decent finisher, but has fallen off the damage charts after Regina, and with TDW Cid being a thing.

You can check the damage calculation spreadsheets here:

Of course, if you're doing old trials, and have the equipment for her, she can definitely be an asset if you wanna try her out.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So not sure why I went after Rikku and Sephiroth KH step up banner. Got Rikku like in my first pull. Then nothing until like my 3rd step up pull for another dupe Ignis. Then final step up for one of them, I got Onion Knight which is new and I get Sephiroth KH. I wanted Rikku so at least I can get him to 7*. Now I have two 5* that I can't evolve to 7* lol.

Was thinking of quitting the game again., but going through story unlocking islands. There is just too many units that are completely outdated. I've gotten 3 Cecils which I already have his TMR so he just sits in my inventory. Got a bunch of other 5* that I can't evolve due to lack of a copy. This awakening requirement is just stupid.

May 13, 2019
You know, I've came to the realization that I don't care for the most part about 7* units or banners* or TMRs or equipment or events or game mechanics (I still have no idea how chaining works and I do not care to learn).

As long as I can bruteforce my way throught the storyline, the one thing I'm actually paying attention to, I'm OK. On this subject, I finished the Second Season today and I'm eagerly waiting to next one.

* except when it comes to Kingdom Hearts because I'm huge KH nerd.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I bet its one reason why so many players have quitted this. Those that started before dupe era where you need 2 for 7*. It sucks badly and its not going to be any better in future either.
Makes you wonder what are they going to do for 8* or whatever is the next jump in power.
You know, I've came to the realization that I don't care for the most part about 7* units or banners* or TMRs or equipment or events or game mechanics (I still have no idea how chaining works and I do not care to learn).

As long as I can bruteforce my way throught the storyline, the one thing I'm actually paying attention to, I'm OK. On this subject, I finished the Second Season today and I'm eagerly waiting to next one.

* except when it comes to Kingdom Hearts because I'm huge KH nerd.
I'm playing casually as well, this is why I'm close to 400k Lapis saved lmao
Pulling for units I like or when I'm bored, like with Zeno. Probably going to pull for WoL or Galuf. This is why we don't have FF VI yet because Gumi put KH instead of FF V raid with Exdeath/Krile/Galuf

May 13, 2019
I'm playing casually as well, this is why I'm close to 400k Lapis saved lmao
Pulling for units I like or when I'm bored, like with Zeno. Probably going to pull for WoL or Galuf. This is why we don't have FF VI yet because Gumi put KH instead of FF V raid with Exdeath/Krile/Galuf
I've pretty much spend all my lapis only on the KH banners as well as on the Octopath Traveler event. I've hoarded tickets like there's no tomorrow as well.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Oh well. Got the Luminary from the 5 silver keys.

At least it isn't Serena and if I ever need his headpiece I don't have to waste a prism moogle.

Sharing him now instead of the dragon.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
9K summon:
1st Cid
1st Edgar
2nd, 3rd Vincent
2nd Summer Citra+Folka
Sure can't complain about an extra rainbow. Nothing earth shattering, but this opens up some more possibilities in the future.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
9k summon got me my second Lenna, 2nd DKL (though I trashed the first one after I got his TMR), my 3rd Auron, and my 2nd Tsukiko! Happy about Lenna and Tsukiko.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Not sure if gumi did this for everyone, but I logged into a generous compensation package this morning. I wasn't able to log in on my new iphone due to the app crashing with facebook last week, so I submitted a ticket. I've been playing on my old phone over wifi though, haven't missed any login days. They basically compensated me with everything that could have been missed over that week (lapis, EX tickets, anniversary tickets, etc.). I almost feel bad since I did still get those things. Almost.

Used what I got from all that to do a single draw on Seph's KH banner. Got four rainbows!! (none of which were Seph of course). My second Prishe, first Loren, first maritime strategist Nichol, and fourth Red XIII. Bananas. Now if I could transfer some of that luck to opera omnia....

Congrats on your Khloud!
Enhanced, Aranea's a decent finisher, but has fallen off the damage charts after Regina, and with TDW Cid being a thing.

You can check the damage calculation spreadsheets here:

Of course, if you're doing old trials, and have the equipment for her, she can definitely be an asset if you wanna try her out.
Thanks for the advice! I'm still working my way through some of the older stuff and actually have way more pots than I realized, so it seems I could get some use out of her. I do have Cid as well but would have to UoC a second copy so maybe he could get some use from her STMR too down the line.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
My 4 rainbow pull wasn't the best but not a disaster. Got Rivera #5, and Aeris #5 which kinda sucked, but then I got Aurora Fry #1 and Kimono Fina #2 which is real nice. Also yesterday while pulling random EX tickets I got an Aileen #3 and a King Edgar #4 for that deece STMR.

Feels like I just went thru my box and cleaned up all my units, yet it's a disaster again. Too many trash pulls and WAY too many god damned pots from the daily arenas. I really wish Gumi/Alim would implement material unit stacking like literally every other gacha game in existence. The way it is now where you have to manually feed smaller materials into bigger ones and even then only like 5-10 of them fit in, is so much more tedious bullshit than its worth. Just let my stupid mini pots stack infinitely, the days of nickel and diming people for storage space in gacha games is behind us

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the advice! I'm still working my way through some of the older stuff and actually have way more pots than I realized, so it seems I could get some use out of her. I do have Cid as well but would have to UoC a second copy so maybe he could get some use from her STMR too down the line.

Oh he definitely will. It's best in slot for his TDH build. Her TMR is too, as long as you can externally imbue an element and imperil the enemies. You basically wanna stack dragoon finishers with jump damage while also keeping attack as high as you can.

Flapping Wings are good accessories for that, they're a 3* TMR. Cid's own TMR is great too, as well as Veritas of the Wind's.

Reberta's STMR is again best in slot.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
So CG Firion is up this Friday.

One of the Vs Raids gives x5 STMR tickets.

Poor Physalis, Magitek Knight Terra, Great Mage Kefka, Assassin Shadow.... but I think people said they had found Summon Fest (White Lily) Dark Fina in the game assets...

May 13, 2019
Apropos of nothing but... when did they include the Zombie status ailment? I kind of noticed that while checking my units yesterday.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Guaranteed 5* from the MK was my 4th OK Refia... I got my first maybe two months ago?
Decent STMR, although I already have Lightning's so meh. I can use it if Aloha Lasswell needs to be a bit tankier.
Guess I'll try to grind out the rest of the DQ event before FFII starts. At least it's another skip banner for me. Even if the TMRs are decent, there are always the moogles.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
This Firion shit's another MK banner?? In the middle of our current MK banner?? What the fuck is happening to this game

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Riku this morning, used my summon coins to 7* him. Done pulling for the foreseeable future. Only saving.

This Firion shit's another MK banner?? In the middle of our current MK banner?? What the fuck is happening to this game

Terrible planning. Kinda feels like Square Enix made them do the DQ event early and everything got messed up by forcing it in so suddenly.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile the FF V raid : never, it came before the MK event in JP so it'll be about 2 months late.
If people wanted CG Terra then : rip, this month there'll be Halloween.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I was goofed.
30k / 5 silver keys = Serena
15k / G5 = 5th Aileen

Kinda worst out come. One can't win everytime ;)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Think I'm finally done. They refuse to add QoL things we've been asking for for YEARS (10k raid summons) now they are bombarding us with limited time banners, wonky grind mechanics and overlapping events to try and get us to spend money and lapis on energy restores, they even took away our reward wheel, they are clearly in the death throes of this game trying to milk the fattest whales

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Where the hell is CG Terra at? I look in game and FF II is next..... zzzzzzz I don't think I have it in me to do two king mog events at once. This is horribly bad.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
My 15k gave me my fourth Seaside Nichol. That's four of him in about a month. I was excited the the STMR till I noticed it's clothes. 😫

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably gonna go with Bartz for the FFII boss battle, Rena for buffs, support and her negate magic ability for the thresholds, Lenna as a primary healer, Basch as a magic tank/breaker and Olberic passively provoking.

Everyone has at least 30-50% dark resistance and I'll slap some extra SPR on Bartz to ensure his survival.

On another note, the maintenance datamine is up:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Well, the 5* EX from the ticket bundle gave me Sol #2. Not sure how I feel, as I wasn't trying to get him to begin with, but now I have his 7* available, so.....

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Mog King G5 : Rinoa
30k EP 5 silver keys : Veronica

I wanted her for the Magic TDH so yay I guess.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
New to game, it seems impossible to get friends as every friend unit they gave me has their requests max out.
I got some solid units with the lapis so just banging out the story missions and will slowly start leaning about combo breakers and all the other stuff I skimmed over.

Auron 6*, Sieghard 5*, Rad Lightning 5*, Roy 5*, Cid 6*.

If anyone has a spare slot. ID: 774 033 979

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
New to game, it seems impossible to get friends as every friend unit they gave me has their requests max out.
I got some solid units with the lapis so just banging out the story missions and will slowly start leaning about combo breakers and all the other stuff I skimmed over.

Added you. You have a good set of core rainbows - although you need e.g. two Cids to sacrifice one to hit 7* with the other, which is the current highest awakening level. Auron's a good breaker, Roy's a more than servicable buffer, Sieg can tank - the only thing you're missing is a healer (and that's probably least important for 90%+ of the story).

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL

Sent you a request!

I got the fountain of tickets and got my 3rd OK from the 5*. Add him to the list of 3 5* I have. /cries

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, after doing story for a bit and I'm somewhere in season 2. I pulled 2 more Sephiroths for a total of 3 and only got one more Riku. The 20% guaranteed ticket gave me a Machima, which I couldn't believe. I thought it was guaranteed Riku or Sephiroth KH, but I guess that's why its listed as 20%. So I ended up buying Sephiroth's prism cuz I can ascend him and get his STMR with dupes and his TMR with moogles. At least I can get Riku to 7* once I get the mats. I think I'm done with the step up summon for them. 5k lapis takes so much farming with that banner ending in a few more hours. Hoping I can get a STMR Moogle from the exchange for Riku eventually.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
4 tickets on Firion's banner, rainbow, Gladiolus dupe. Not wasting more stuff on this since there's no 4* bonus units.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Welcome! Sent you a request.