• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is with this mog king? Why is the LGD stage only three battles? Are they trying to cut down on the amount of resources we get per fight?

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming currency stays similar (I'd be OK with a slight reduction...) this seems like a good change. I don't need to bring as much MP regen, can blow through energy faster. I'm still at ~899 NRG pots, might just wrap up this one faster than DQ.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Finally hit a million in one of these god damned raids. I promise you guys I aint even trying that hard

22O0HkI.png

100 raid summons coming right up. 3 hours of material combining and other assorted box management coming right up

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I've made mistakes in life (spent ~15+ tickets) and summoned (one) Firion. If someone wants/needs a 100% unit for this MK, hit me up at 737,150,495.

I'm glad to see T1-T3 Crysts in there for the exchange. Wish they were a bit cheaper, but seems nice for overflow currency.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Man does it suck trying to farm this DQXI event while the new FFII one has hit. Truly amazing they could do something so stupid when it should have been easy to just do the FFV Raid instead. I've decided I'm just going to go at the normal pace to finish this DQXI event for which I'm at 23.5k EP pts so in theory I could be done before this weekend ends and then I can get going with FFII of which I don't care about the tmrs so without feeling the need for those moogles, I should be ok getting everything I want still but I can stand ready to use NRG pots at the end of it's timespan if need be. I'm going to stand pat and not use them until there's two or three days left in hopes I don't have to use them at all but honestly, I have a ton because I don't normally have to ever use them so I wouldn't be torn up about using some here in a situation that warrants it more than most.

I wonder why they went FFII before VI? I can only think that they are pondering Terra's global boosts and they figure they'll just get the unpopular banner that is FFII out of the way after milking fanboys for two events in a row to allow them to re-supply. Bringing KH and DQXI early I assume was due to buying them more time to iron out the final kinks of their Summon Fest implementation. We all wait with abated breath there but it really does look like we'll be able to UoC them for a higher price after the UI update to select summons. We continue to harbor hope! Particularly I as I'm waiting for King Rain. Speaking of which, I'm really hoping my free DQXI key pull will be Luminary because that tmr will be real nice for King Rain. If I can luck out there, I just need to get those gloves from Aigeon Reborn when it hits. Hopefully Esther will chew threw that trial with ease.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
It's dumb. This game is dumb. Gumi is dumb. They're trying literally everything to coerce us into spending money on lapis now. Every time they give us something good, they take it away or bring it back in some diminished capacity because they are trying to find a sweet spot where the f2p/dolphin players won't bitch too much yet they can still milk the whales for as much as possible. Almost every aspect of this game is designed to get us to spend as much time in the app as possible. QoL updates are few and far between and they ignore our pleas. If you're like me and have been playing since launch and aren't fed up by all this stuff by now you're made of sterner stuff than me

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
It helps immensly if you actually pay attention to and are entertained by the story. That's one of the main reasons I keep going. I'm holding out hope with how far behind they are with FFVIII that there will be a period where we get like three banners in fairly close succession like FFVII did. One day..... Looking forward to seeing how CG Squall turns out too and he should hit Japan by the end of the year or January at the latest with only Cloud and Vaan left besides him. I enjoy enough things about the game to keep going but it most certainly could be run far better and much of the complaints a number of you fellow veterans voice here are legitimate. It probably helps to view this as "my little cell phone game" so I don't take it overly seriously. My hoarder mentality helps too, it's fun to build up a ton of resources and make it rain once in a while and since I pull less than a lot of you, I'm not frustrated as often haha Kouri knows about this life. Not to say we don't get screwed too from time to time. That first Ayaka banner before the change to 3% odds for rainbows will forever haunt me.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Almost every aspect of this game is designed to get us to spend as much time in the app as possible. QoL updates are few and far between and they ignore our pleas. If you're like me and have been playing since launch and aren't fed up by all this stuff by now you're made of sterner stuff than me

I hear you. Simple QoL updates are not done. They don't want us to spend less time with the game. This after 3 years 5 months of game being up, they don't value customers at all, they just want to milk us (duh).

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I seriously can't with these double mog events. I am only at 15k for the DQ one... still need 30k for the silver keys and they want me to grind the FF II one also? Pardon my language but get the fuck out of here seriously.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got super lucky on the expedition rewards 3* ticket and got a DK Leon.
Sharing him now in Event 1 instead of Maria.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
100k Raid coins summons please. Even 50k I'd be fine with.
That would cut the amount of raid summons I need to do from 100 (!!!!) down to 20. Would definitely be a step in the right direction, but if I'm being real here just let me summon all 1,000,000 coins at the same god damned time. I'm sick of raid summons honestly. Also make pots and cactuars stack and delete gil snappers from the game and just drop the damn gil directly ffs this shouldn't be so hard

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Add batch tickets to that qol too. If they could do it with the anniversary tickets, they can do it with regular and ex tickets too.

There's so much time wasted, especially since each pull needs a server connection. Just let us do 5 or 10 at once ffs.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to the 30k on the DQ banner. Used a heap of NRG pots. I got Eleven with the 5 keys. I wanted to do the story missions since they are half NRG but I spend all my time on the banners. I need to get to 15k at least on the FFII banner for the ticket as well. I only have 2 more evenings to take advantage of the story missions.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Figured I would do the 4 5 star 9k gems pull again since CG Terra is still awhile. Still have 50k lapis on me. I got Esther #1, Ignacio #2, Beowulf #1 and Cid #1

I'm very happy I finally have an Esther but it feels late.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Well, my guaranteed 5* from the KM was my first Elena.
I could UoC to get a 7*... just hit 41 UoC tickets. I'll have to see how well I can gear her. Still haven't leveled up Shadowlord, so I have a few cactaurs in waiting too.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, ExDeath get extra buffed while they let Golbez to die with stronger mage releasing 3 months before him.
F*ck Gumi. Alim also stopped doing ability awakening so still no Golbez upgrade 15 months later so f*ck Alim too lol
At least we finally get the FF V raid, heh.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, finally, the Emperor SBB. I may wanna take Cid for a spin as well, I haven't used him yet since his enhancements.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
So yeah, ExDeath get extra buffed while they let Golbez to die with stronger mage releasing 3 months before him.
F*ck Gumi. Alim also stopped doing ability awakening so still no Golbez upgrade 15 months later so f*ck Alim too lol
At least we finally get the FF V raid, heh.
I feel you, FFIV is my fave and none of its characters has been particularly relevant since it was acceptable to roll with a Cecil tank in like 2016.

I've recently started playing a lot of Mobius FF and the near-erasure of every FF pre-7 in that game is so apparent and blatant it kills me. They show up in some ability cards (like the 4 elemental fiends from FF4 recently got some relevant cards) but aside from a recent Gilgamesh skin, you would never know Final Fantasy existed before the PSX era playing that game

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Terra is totally November at this point zzzzzz. Oh well, I'm hoping my tickets tomorrow get something good. I've been saving all 40 ml download thingies for the last day as usual. Also, I forgot about the red quartz last week and I'm really not gonna blame myself. There's far too much to keep up with in this game currently and it urgently needs something needs some QoL changes so everything is easier to manage.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Thanks for all the useful advice. I'm still working on the main story to get some lapis and doing the cyclone with high level friends to work my way in that event.
I got a second Cid so I am just waiting to get 3mil so I can make my first 7*. I also have 4 Mordegon units so I think that would be my next project.

for now looks like my team will be Cid, Auron, Sieghard, Mordegon, and Yuraisha.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Clear The upcoming "Raid" event on Friday will dump a TON of Cactuars and Gil Turtles on you. Since raid orbs are independant of NRG you can farm both easily. Usually staying on top of my Raid orbs and farming the top difficulty I can get upwards of 7 mil Gil within the two weeks

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Clear The upcoming "Raid" event on Friday will dump a TON of Cactuars and Gil Turtles on you. Since raid orbs are independant of NRG you can farm both easily. Usually staying on top of my Raid orbs and farming the top difficulty I can get upwards of 7 mil Gil within the two weeks

In addition to this - if you happen to have a copy of Xon (4* / gold-base), and level him up a bit (~45 or so) he can use Waylay to get extra gil from the raid boss each fight.
For a more long-term investment you can also fully level him and then awaken his Master Thief ability (500k gil, woof) to make him double the gil you get in all fights where he is present (also doubles the amount he steals!). This pushes the yield from ELT raids (without Xon) from 3000 to 12000.

To illustrate the difference this makes... even if you can only hit 12 orbs a day, that's 108k *extra* gil in one day.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Used all my tickets today. Got about 6000 lapis from the raffles so not too bad. I also got 1 ex 5 star ticket and plenty of 4* tickets and stmr tickets. Kinda wish they had Uoc to give but oh well. I'm sitting on a pretty good ticket stash right now. More than 13 5* ones but ain't using any until CG Terra arrives.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Another "defense" Doors / Red SQ challenge, another Xon Twist of Fate strategy.

It's tempting to try and pull for Galuf - I have no Sieghard - but I'm only at 16K lapis (got 90+ tickets though), so if the banner is a 3-way split I may have to duck out and wait for WoL. No particular nostalgia attachment to either (like Galuf, but didn't get very far in FFV, and WoL isn't particularly interesting nor do your chars have development in FF1).

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Kind of feels good to not particularly care about the FFV units for various reasons. Means I can continue hoarding lapis and tickets until we get a limited banner I want to pull on (either Halloween is REALLY good and I want, or we finally get the Trials of Mana raid later). My recent acquiring of 7* Charlotte gave me the last of what I really wanted from general populace units.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the story up to season 2. I guess season 3 isn't out yet for NA? Time to do the event I guess.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Finished the story up to season 2. I guess season 3 isn't out yet for NA? Time to do the event I guess.
I honestly haven't even heard of what Japan's gotten for Season 3 @_@;
It was like summon fests and then lots of Japanese players upset. They might be focusing on War of the Visions or the people who posted summaries stopped playing.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Got Serena from the silver keys. Is she any good? Also finished the DQ trials .... now to focus on FF II king mog as much as I hate to admit it.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
GLEX eSeig is pretty darn close to Galuf to not really matter enough to warrant pulls. Moderately tempted to pull for single Krile for the GLEX 30% EVO MAG TMR. May just settle for prism moogling her TMR from the raid pulls.

Next week **should** be Physalis, which will be a hard pass from me with the Halloween banner being imminent at that point.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm hoping to get something out of that 10+1 we get today.

I managed to finally get the 5x silver keys and got an Eleven. I suppose I can throw Moogle at him if I ever need his TMR. I had enough raid coins to get Veronica's TMR Moogle. I figure that's come in handy. I wanted to nab a Mordegon TMR Moogle but I honestly don't want to farm anymore. 😫

Time to continue farming the FF2 one. I'm at about 16k EP already so getting to 30 shouldn't be too bad.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
This gold to rainbow change is stupid. Free multi started with rainbow crystal.
When I popped it, first crystal was gold and changed to rainbow. Got WoL Lenna (first) and guaranteed was Reagan, so that worked nice.

I just don't like the lame gold to rainbow change in multipulls.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Used the 5 star EX tickets I was saving for a shot at Galuf plus the free 10+1, got 1st Loren, 1st Kain, 1st Gilgamesh, 1st Lunera, 2nd Kurasame, 2nd Rinoa, 4th Elena (yey), 2nd Seaside Nichol and 1st Kimono Ayaka. yikes

Not sure if I run the step-up or just use 20 UOCs.
I did finally get my first 7-star support in Seaside Nichol, so there's that too.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
10+1 freebie gave me my 4th Rem, so now I have another STMR. I... wish I had a spot for it on most of my mages, now. It can be useful if I'm running absolutely nothing but mages... but why?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Got Zack as a freebie and I had some insane luck on the banner today. 2 Galuf's and an Exdeath for 25 tickets.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Mine nabbed me my third Dark Fina. Add that to the list of 3 of 4 I have.

Auron, Basch, Cloud, Dark Fina, Esther, Fryevia, King Edgar, Kurasame, Lunera, Nyx, Orlandeau, and PG Lass.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wasted 30 tickets on FF V and nothing, once again being bored makes me pull despite having no need for anything.
Hopefully the Halloween event will be exciting.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I haven't kept up with S3/JP since GL's 3rd Anniversary Livestream event.

So in the future JP/GL are getting these collabs after the 4th Anniversary event:
FMA Collab
Another DQ collab
More odd UnitsxEspers. I'm so surprised that Lasswell is getting Shiva while Raegan gets Odin.

Is she supposed to be Blue Mage always or just special.

Apparently there's a musical.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
In hindsight, it makes sense giving Laswell Shiva since Rain has Ifrit as those two represented fire and ice since the game began. I'm curious to see how all the esper paired units rank out and how high enhancements will shoot Akstar up the rank board as it's rumored that his and Physallis' will make them top tier. Speaking of which, unless we get another curveball, should be getting Physallis' story event this week and then Halloween will likely be a two parter to finish the rest of the month. We'll most likely get CG Terra in the first week of November, maybe second at the latest. That said, Gummi continues to make the release schedule more and more unpredictable so we'll see :P

I trolled myself with the KH free pull thinking I got a dupe Elena but it was a third Elfreeda :( Free pull from EP points was first Beowulf. Meh.

Interesting that they are doing a FMA cross over in Japan but lol at the people that are fantasizing all kinds of anime coming into the game like One Piece and Naruto. Square publishes the FMA manga and that's the only reason it's able to come so only series with Square affiliations have any shot of getting in. Poor excited anime fans :P

Not feeling Fina's outfit for S3 with the silly hat but whatever. It's just good that with her they finally ushered blue magic into the game. Not really a spoiler, ExKage since they revealed Blue Mage Fina being the focus of S3 before it even started. I haven't spoiled any of the story chapters for S3 but she should be flat out a blue mage now and the news in Japan shows that they are finally bringing her out as a summonable unit that will have a CG LB. I'm curious to how they will implement her skill set since with mainline characters they can just give them various blue magic skills they could get in their respective games. I guess they'll just give Fina various skills but it'd be cool if you could go around the world or even trials and capture specefic skills from specific monsters. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment :p

On the silly double MK event front, I think I'm going to manage to get enough currency to buy everything I want from the store without using any NRG pots after all but it might be close. With that news update, will it go away a day sooner now? Or are they only starting new events a day earlier? (right after maintenance) I don't recall. I guess we'll find out on Thursday.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
With that news update, will it go away a day sooner now? Or are they only starting new events a day earlier? (right after maintenance) I don't recall. I guess we'll find out on Thursday.

The current FF5 event will run through Thursday. All new events moving forward will start at maintenance and end with maintenance.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Personal note, never pull when tired in the morning thinking that it's a good idea. No idea why I thought pulling on the Krile banner was a good idea. /sigh

KH 11 pull: Karlette (3), Yuna (3)
Krile step-up: MRamza (3), Krile (1), Galuf (1)
Frustration tickets: Krile (2) <-- a miracle.
Event G5: VFlame (6)

I'll UOC a second Galuf once available, as the reviews rather definitely state how much better he is than enhanced Siegfried.

But hey, raid multipulls increased to 500 at a time, finally. Still have to combine all those cactaurs still though...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Gumi is just trying to run out the clock on the rest of the year at this point with all these filler weeks.