• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
So show of hands: Who here is pulling for the Halloween units and who is skipping?

I'm tempted to UoC Galuf x2, but I have enhanced Sieghard.

Major skip on the Halloween units for me. I hate their sprites and I really don't need any more damage dealers.

I did UoC Galuf though, even if I'm planning on pulling for CG WoL. I don't have enough crysts to awaken Sieg and I had already gotten one Galuf from a random ticket. Still have 20 UoC so it didn't seem like a waste.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, my 31th 5* EX ticket. Might use them when Christmas units drop if they're appealing unlike this Halloween ones.

40024aea-4667-4d7e-a9mekw5.png

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got my 2nd Kimono Ayaka on today's G5.
She seems to fall back really hard in terms of damage, so not that interesting sadly.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
My 5* got me my fourth Dark Fina so I guess that's a new robe I have for my mages. Or not. I might not chase it.

These slots haven't gotten me anything worthwhile.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I got my fifth Roy. What do you folks usually do with copies beyond those necessary for an STMR? Just hold on to them until you get three more? I'm tempted just to sell him.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
image.png

Karten is super good, y'all. Don't sleep on wolf boy if you have him.

I got my fifth Roy. What do you folks usually do with copies beyond those necessary for an STMR? Just hold on to them until you get three more? I'm tempted just to sell him.

They mostly just rot, I guess. If you don't need or want a second STMR, you could sell him, or trust grind him and turn him into trust coins.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I decided to go for Wolf Boy and then save for Chair Boy who is coming Nov 7 according to the Philippines event.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
5* got me... my 2nd Hyoh. Guess his enhancements might bring him a little closer in line, but I would guess he's still overshadowed by my current DPS spread (Aloha Lass, Randi, Regina) except maybe Randi.

Slots have been fun; they're accomplishing their goal of making the game feel even more like gambling. I've gotten one 4* ticket and a few 5+1's; no 5* EX though, and only one rainbow from EX summons, which was my first or second PS Rydia (don't remember; don't care much).

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Slots gave me a 5* ex ticket on the guaranteed drop spin. That and today's login reward gave me my 7th Barb and my 3rd Kaito.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Roy #4 and Reberta #5

I'm kind of fine with both, because at least the Roy gives his STMR, but I can always find a use for another Reberta.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
5th DFina, went as expected. Better to not think anything cause chances to actually get something are so low. Ex tix truly are trash.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
5th DFina, went as expected. Better to not think anything cause chances to actually get something are so low. Ex tix truly are trash.
Not when you're me, I got 2 Golbez/6 using 4 5* EX lmao
(Also 2 Lulu but who cares)

Still legendary to this day.
(For people who see this for the first time, it was kinda slow because I commented live on Discord as well)

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
And Terra's banner is skipped again for the Kefka/Shadow raid banner, roflmao.

That, with S3 Rain being the following week, all-but-guarantees her to set as the Black Friday main attraction. Get ready for shenanigans. With her arriving that late, there's an increasing chance that she will be converted to be a Summon Fest unit, as she may arrive after Gumi's November livestram that will likely announce the arrival of Summon Fest on Global.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, I can't wait for a raid during an ongoing "elemental battle" again!
Good thing they set up raid summons to be 500x.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
And Terra's banner is skipped again for the Kefka/Shadow raid banner, roflmao.

That, with S3 Rain being the following week, all-but-guarantees her to set as the Black Friday main attraction. Get ready for shenanigans. With her arriving that late, there's an increasing chance that she will be converted to be a Summon Fest unit, as she may arrive after Gumi's November livestram that will likely announce the arrival of Summon Fest on Global.

I wonder what they have against my Terra :( this is so disappointing for me. Ah well I'm excited about Season 3 at least ...

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Is Terra that good? Sorry for the question as I don't really keep up with the JP side of things.

Used an EX ticket and got my 2nd DKC. Yay? 🙃

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Still legendary to this day.

Yeah, nothing by anyone over the lifespan of this game will top that astronomical chain of pulls.

Though, I came somewhat distantly close today doing a very stupid thing. I pulled on on the old Halloween banner step-up. Boosted rainbow rates and no off-banner rainbows? Sure, why not? Always wanted a Lilith. Of course, there's that small issue of the fine print stating that it was a quintuple rainbow banner to offset the boosted rates and no-banner rainbows.... making chasing a specific unit not any better than normal.

Step 1 - Nothing.
Step 2 - Nothing.
Step 3 - GLS (3)

So... what happened to those boosted rates?

Final Step:

KDSIwQk.jpg

Jaw = floor.

Couple of normally trash EX tickets from the slot machine yielded DRain (3).

Of course, in typical Gumi fashion, a player has to do the full step up and an additional multipull on the normal banner (literally the worst banner ever, as a quintuple rainbow WITH off-banner rainbows). That yielded one rainbow, Golbez (2). Enhancements/Latents when, Kouriozan ?

That left me with a dilemma on what to do with the Halloween UoC, until a redditor had a similar problem and was pointed out that DRain's prism was still in the trust shop. Snapped that up for DRain (4) and spent the UoC on GLS (4).

A perfect outcome to another horrible "good" idea. There goes my luck for the rest of the year.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Is Terra that good? Sorry for the question as I don't really keep up with the JP side of things.

Used an EX ticket and got my 2nd DKC. Yay? 🙃

Terra was the start of a big power leap for magic casters. She's almost 2 months overdue at this point. She might be getting delayed because on how much of a power jump she is. On the other hand, the game's current app icon is Dark Fina, whom on JP almost immediately showed up behind Terra in a CG form and obliterated her as the game's first Summon Fest unit. Hard to say how the two of them will be handled on Global.

When DKC get his latent abilities way down the road, he goes from zero to antihero. Alim gave him a new lease on life.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn nice one!
For Golbez's enhancement, I'll have to trust Gumi since Alim forgot to do it for several months and if they wait another FF IV event for it, welp. I heard his latent ability was lackluster.

Edit : Golbez's latent :

[Requirement: Clear ゼロムス]
Increase MP (30%)
Increase equipment MAG (50%) when single wielding any weapon
Increase equipment MAG (50%) when dual wielding

[Requirement: Clear ゼロムス]
[3 turns cooldown, available on turn 3]

Dark magic damage (27x) to all enemies (chaos wave chain)
Increase modifier (3x) for 3 turns to caster (can't be dispelled): アビサルサイズ, アビスクエーサー, カイナッツォの力, スカルミリョーネの力, バルバリシアの力, ルビカンテの力, 呪縛の大冷気, 漆黒の牙, 黒い牙
Enable skill for 2 turns to caster: 魔人の四連撃

So once again, quad cast is single turn.

Last edited:

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like they fixed the log in error. I have the game on my tablet at home so it will be this evening before I can verify.

I downloaded the game on to my phone and got the same error but I was able to get to the tutorial at least.

Does anyone know if I contact Customer service can they restore my log in streak?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Trial feel easier than the farming boss, but I have trouble finding someone who can do dark LB damage to him for the weapon lmao.
4th try here we go, with Tsukiko and Golbez's CD that reduce Light resist.
Edit : finally done it.

Last edited:

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up doing the trial with my regular ghost elemental battle team. Got him to 8% on turn 1, Regina's reraise CD brought her back up for her LB the next turn.
I didn't care about the claws, but I got them anyway. Will not go for the extra 10 lapis to avoid KOs.

Hopefully the 3-part raid boss's lesser components are low HP. Would suck to have to build an AOE team specifically for one raid. (I do enjoy that the "raid" boss is "Air Raid"... and sadly appreciated the Shadow-themed bundle text)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I ended up doing the trial with my regular ghost elemental battle team. Got him to 8% on turn 1, Regina's reraise CD brought her back up for her LB the next turn.
I didn't care about the claws, but I got them anyway. Will not go for the extra 10 lapis to avoid KOs.

Hopefully the 3-part raid boss's lesser components are low HP. Would suck to have to build an AOE team specifically for one raid. (I do enjoy that the "raid" boss is "Air Raid"... and sadly appreciated the Shadow-themed bundle text)

Thanks for the tip, will do the same :D

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Once again, new maintenance means new red quartz. Used all my NRG so I set this as a reminder for later.
Also I forgot to do the daily EP quest in a month, it's really an awful system.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I hope other people had the same experience I did - OTKO ELT with Aloha Lasswell solo (water imbue, AOE attack, regular attack). I'm not even going to try farming this on anything except repeat.

About 200 NRG away from the 5* guaranteed EX on the ghost. Slots still yielding nothing of real value (got some lapis). Still in maintenance mode.

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
I threw 1 regular ticket at the Jp FFVII AC banner this morning by curiosity and got Tifa, and since they give the prism for free in a limited quest she's already 7*. Not bad.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like CG Terra is coming out on the 14th, from the indirect news announcements today. Doubly likely, as today's update changed Trance Terra's and Archmage Kekfa's Chaos Wave Awakened frames to be JP's Mystic Cross frames, while still being officially called Chaos Wave Awakened (CWA) on Global.

I wonder if that's an intended change to force players to chase future mages who will receive these new GLEX frames. At any rate, this likely is a major stab in the back for Sol, who is stuck with the old Chaos Wave frames.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I got my 13th Lulu on the premium 10+1 ticket from the slot rewards. I can't even get upset anymore lol.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
It turns out DFina was my 6th, not 5th. Oh well...

FFBE should add confirmation button when you are enhancing and accidentally push: Home / Units / Items / Shop / Summon / Friends button. Sucks and it happens alot when using small phone.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
11 golds wooooooooooo.......

I'm all over CG Rain like white on rice.

I got PLENTY of resources stowed currently, so I'm going for him. Plan on using these godforsaken 30% and 10% rainbow tickets I've been saving for eternity. Tired of looking at them. Was waiting for a single rainbow banner for a unit I really want. It's taken this long to have that happen.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, karma bit me in the ass hard for the other day.

Premium 10+1 --> Citra (5)

Got a 5+1 off the Chocobo Slots --> Delita (3)

Grinded out the 5 EX from the Halloween event --> Sieghard (7)

Yup, I knew I shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Huh, I'm still two coins away from getting the premium 10+1. I don't remember missing a day...

The free daily got me my fourth Basch! Happy about that.

With that said - DONT FORGET YOUR FREE DAILY PULL!

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I'm still two coins away from getting the premium 10+1. I don't remember missing a day...

The free daily got me my fourth Basch! Happy about that.

With that said - DONT FORGET YOUR FREE DAILY PULL!

Grats on your Basch STMR!
There's 1 slot token if you clear the raid 3 times in the daily rewards (last week it was for the Halloween event). Maybe you missed that?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I put myself in whale mode and I YOLO'd to make my Golbez stronger, it took so much time and tickets just to get 2 Kefka it's crazy (then used a STMR moogle), I even used all my 5* EX, but this is the result :

9ba939c2-47ca-4f99-9aksjvt.png

I think I have only 320 normal tickets left in the end, was it worth it? For my Golbez, always <3
New STMR I ended up with : Kefka / Nichol / Ignacio / Sieghard / Olive / Roy / Barbariccia
Also got some interesting unit like Myra/Sylvie but I need the IW to enhance Nichol's weapon.
Oh and a 7* Edgar, so goodbye Lid.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
For those that want the TL;DR of the video:

what's the tldr of the video

NO SUMMONFEST FOR GLOBAL. AT ALL. EVER.

* PERMANENT RAINBOW RATES INCREASE to 5% AS OF WED/THURS MAINTENANCE THIS WEEK.
* On-banner rainbow rates increasing from 1 -> 1.5% permanently.
* JP Summonfest-style reduced off-banner rainbow pulls will be in effect starting with this week's maintenance. (Can pull old units via EX tickets.)
* GLEX buffs may occur to Summonfest units. Promised no nerfs to Summonfest units if they come early to Global.

* ALL JP SUMMONFEST UNITS CAN BE UOC'D ON GLOBAL. NO INCREASE IN UOC COST FOR SUMMONFEST UNITS.
* Prisms can be UoC'd immediately. (No more 2 week waiting period.)
* Starting with this week's banner (S3 Rain), UoCs can only pull prisms (meaning that you have to pull a unit naturally first). Units before S3 Rain will still yield the full unit, as it is now.
* UoC Unit cost DECREASING from 10 to 8 for units starting with S3 Rain. (Full units may still be 10 tickets).
* NEW FEATURE: UoCs can be sold for lapis: 2000 lapis for first 5 sold, 1500 lapis thereafter (it's a trap?)
* 5k lapis gift being granted to all players (this is not the NYC livestream bonus, this is separate).
* Free weekly 10+1 given to everyone over the next 3 weeks to demo the permanent 5% rates.

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Also, before the day flips, everyone go run the two free lapis ticket giveaway missions for the NYC Livestream. One of the tickets evaporates TONIGHT. You have to scroll on the Event tab all the way down to the very bottom, past the Chamber of Challenges to see the missions.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
For those that want the TL;DR of the video:

NO SUMMONFEST FOR GLOBAL. AT ALL. EVER.

* PERMANENT RAINBOW RATES INCREASE to 5% AS OF WED/THURS MAINTENANCE THIS WEEK.
* On-banner rainbow rates increasing from 1 -> 1.5% permanently.
* JP Summonfest-style reduced off-banner rainbow pulls will be in effect starting with this week's maintenance. (Can pull old units via EX tickets.)
* GLEX buffs may occur to Summonfest units. Promised no nerfs to Summonfest units if they come early to Global.

* ALL JP SUMMONFEST UNITS CAN BE UOC'D ON GLOBAL. NO INCREASE IN UOC COST FOR SUMMONFEST UNITS.
* Prisms can be UoC'd immediately. (No more 2 week waiting period.)
* Starting with this week's banner (S3 Rain), UoCs can only pull prisms (meaning that you have to pull a unit naturally first). Units before S3 Rain will still yield the full unit, as it is now.
* UoC Unit cost DECREASING from 10 to 8 for units starting with S3 Rain. (Full units may still be 10 tickets).
* NEW FEATURE: UoCs can be sold for lapis: 2000 lapis for first 5 sold, 1500 lapis thereafter (it's a trap?)
* 5k lapis gift being granted to all players (this is not the NYC livestream bonus, this is separate).
* Free weekly 10+1 given to everyone over the next 3 weeks to demo the permanent 5% rates.
w..wait what? what the -
is this still gumi doing the job? is this still about brave exvius? you got me! it must be april fools day right?
I can hardly believe that they are doing so many great changes to the game at once... wow the world!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that UoC should always have been about prisms, see how it turned out on JP to know why.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Also, before the day flips, everyone go run the two free lapis ticket giveaway missions for the NYC Livestream. One of the tickets evaporates TONIGHT. You have to scroll on the Event tab all the way down to the very bottom, past the Chamber of Challenges to see the missions.

What are those tickets for / how do we use them?