• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some pretty massive news with the new 5* rates etc.

I think it's all mostly positive changes except for:

1) Can't UoC new units, only their prism.
2) Rates went up, but the on-banner percent per rainbow actually went down. (Rainbows 3->5, On-banner 1->1.5)

I don't know if exchanging UoCs for 2k lapis each is actually worth it......

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
CG Terra when? I'm getting impatient with this! I have 70k lapis and over possibly 60 tickets to burn. 20 of those are 4*+ and 10 are 5* guaranteed

I'm happy about the rates going up. Can't believe Opera Omnia will have lower rates than BE in the future o.o

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Grats on your Basch STMR!
There's 1 slot token if you clear the raid 3 times in the daily rewards (last week it was for the Halloween event). Maybe you missed that?

Thank you! I'm happy I get to replace my Chocobo TMR.

And yeah, it seems like I missed a few of the dailies. I sometimes forget to accept them.

I'm happy with all the summon changes coming to GL. Not sure if I'll pull on Rain though. I'm with 20 UOC tickets and I might be grow 5 in to get 10k lapis. I'm at the most I've ever held at once - 21k. Saving up for... I'm not sure what.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we're getting IW this week since I have now 3 STMR to enhance, Nyx's which I didn't get a rare the whole week last month, and the new Ignacio's and Nichol's.
I like Ignacio, he's a pretty good finisher and help me hit the cap on raid.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, this has to be the most good faith Gummi will have ever bought with the fan base, serious kudos to them. None of us remotely pragmatic folk dared dream of them skipping Summon Fest entirely and the most optimistic of us were thinking they'd be UoC-able at a greater cost but no, just no nonsense Summon Fest period. On top of that they increase the rainbow rate another 2% which is a genuine surprise and increase the on-banner pull rate slightly. They finally will banish outdated units from the primary summon banners as many have asked for forever. I'm probably forgetting something but even the most jaded players here have to admit this has been a pretty awesome news update. Again, good on you, Gummi for finally making player friendly adjustments and averting the disaster that hit Japan's version.

Only being able to UoC prism's is reasonable and honestly how it should have been in the first place when 7* first became a thing. It's sensible for Gummi in that we have to spend resources to pull for one of our desired unit while allowing us to neutralize the worst part of 7* upgrading via UoC tickets. The only bummer is that you can't get a second of a tmr this way but fortunately you don't need two of a unit's own tmr most of the time for their BiS due to no stacking materia or being a weapon or armor piece.

Now then, King Rain is who I've been waiting for since Esther but I was hoping the Aegion trial would come first for his BiS weapon. It's weird they brought him before Fina and Physallis. Did they want a more exciting unit for the debut of all these changes? Are they trying to get some of the next wave of top damage dealers out of the way for a GLEX surprise? We can only guess at the logic. Terra fans cool your jets, she'll be the MK event this month no doubt, which should be next week. At least you've had like 50 banners of units while us poor VIII fans have had one ;_;

My plan was to get King Rain, CG WoL, CG Cecil, and the Madam and I'll probably stick with that plan. I want to see the number crunching but I assume Rain should be a pretty decent amount stronger than any other damage dealer we have, certainly at least more than any TDH unit which is all I care about. Now I need to see just how strong Hyoh's enhancements make him to see if I should swap Esther out for him as he'd be a better chaining partner with Rain if his damage is sufficient. I also need to figure out what resources I want to use for Rain. I could just spend 25k lapis and 8 UoC tickets which is a pitance for me but I have an absurd amount of tickets that I should really get around to using...

BTW, Congrats, Kouri on getting what you needed to make your favorite unit strong! You didn't even have to touch your massive lapis stash haha You remain the lord of Lapis while I remain the lord of Tickets ;P

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, Congrats, Kouri on getting what you needed to make your favorite unit strong! You didn't even have to touch your massive lapis stash haha You remain the lord of Lapis while I remain the lord of Tickets ;P
Thanks!
Pulling with tickets is a dreadful experience, trust me!
I was like, f*ck it I'm going to do it, I keep using Golbez a lot and even if I switch to better mage, all those stuff won't be wasted, I can almost BiS any mages now.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks!
Pulling with tickets is a dreadful experience, trust me!
I was like, f*ck it I'm going to do it, I keep using Golbez a lot and even if I switch to better mage, all those stuff won't be wasted, I can almost BiS any mages now.
I hear you brother, I use Squall as a finisher for the same reason and feel his enhancements made him strong enough to use him for most content anyway. Bless gear for spiking stat numbers, eh? haha

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to get my elly's magic attack to more than 3k. teach me your ways, kourio! lol
This is my highest MAG with my stuff : https://ffbeequip.com/builder.html?server=GL#853c9d30-002a-11ea-937b-ad48d5c58d17 (there's a bug with esper stat with those ffbeequip links)

Black Mage Golbez 7★
Right hand: The Divine Art of War HP+15%, MP+15%, ATK+16, MAG+151, SPR+54
Head: Magic Circlet DEF+40, MAG+52
Body: Golbez's Armor DEF+45, MAG+100
Accessory 1: Dark Ring DEF+6, MAG+52, MAG+10%
Accessory 2: Nutkin Hairpin MAG+40, MAG+40%
Materia 1: Corrupted Mage MAG+60%
Materia 2: Channel Anger MAG+40%
Materia 3: Magic Charger
Materia 4: Booster Cactuar MAG+60%, SPR+20%
Esper: Fenrir HP+81, MP+66, ATK+88, ATK+10%, DEF+46, MAG+91, MAG+10%, SPR+49
Total: HP:8836, MP:795, ATK:299, DEF:436, MAG:3209, SPR:479

With Elly I can just replace the armor with D.Fina's STMR for 3063 MAG, don't forget the door pots!
Guess I'll aim for the rare skill + HP for IW.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the changes they did to Sumon Fests. 1.5% on banner rate is the only thing that's not that great but still, I'm happy with what we're getting.

I'm gonna keep to my original plan and only summon for WoL and Cecil (and now also AC Cloud).
Maybe Madam Edel too, because I love her character in the game and she's so powerful in JP.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not 100% who I want in the future, though Lezard and Zidane are def 2 of my most wanted just because they come from my favorite games.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
My plan was to get King Rain, CG WoL, CG Cecil, and the Madam and I'll probably stick with that plan. I want to see the number crunching but I assume Rain should be a pretty decent amount stronger than any other damage dealer we have, certainly at least more than any TDH unit which is all I care about. Now I need to see just how strong Hyoh's enhancements make him to see if I should swap Esther out for him as he'd be a better chaining partner with Rain if his damage is sufficient. I also need to figure out what resources I want to use for Rain. I could just spend 25k lapis and 8 UoC tickets which is a pitance for me but I have an absurd amount of tickets that I should really get around to using...

That's my plan as well barring some GL exclusive, but I'm still not sure on pulling for King Rain. I got lucky and got a WoL Bartz off banner, he can easily last me until Madam Edel, on the other hand Rain is basically Esther 2.0 and I have already all the gear and he should be easy to use just like the bunny girl.

Gumi did really good with the Summer Fest change, the GL version seems much healthier than the JP version. I hope during the anniversary stream they'll announe a story reset and maybe the expert missions.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
My inital plan is.
Swap 5 uoc tix to 10k Lapis (and don't swap more later).
Do lap of KRain, uoc prism if you get one.

Then I'm not sure if one should uoc 2 prisms, if one gets 2 KRains?

In JP KRain stmr is:
Code:
True Crimson Saber [2H Greatsword]
 +174 ATK (50% Acc, Var: 1x~1.6x) & (+25% Accuracy) +50% EQ ATK when 2-Handing (TDH)

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Not super excited by KRain, but I do have the resources to pull for him if I wanted to...

I think I'm okay for now; It's tempting to use 8 UoCs to get an Elena prism, though, since it's not like I would want more than one of her TMR anyway.

Happy with the changes they made for summon fest. I'll stick with the game awhile longer.

I'm starting to hit the limit of my "enhancer" unit box... not looking forward to merging all the mini burst pots.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I never really knew what the summon fest stuff was all about, but if you guys are happy it's gone, then I'm happy too!

Finally earned all the event points. Wasn't easy as I couldn't reliably clear LGD so I mostly stuck with ELT. My G5 gave me my third Beryl. One step closer to an STMR I suppose. Although sometimes I do wonder what I am doing with my life to spend that much time and effort on something that immediately elicits a 'meh' out of me when I see it lol.

The new Cloud CG is beyond beautiful. That's really all I must have and there's time to save for that. I like Rain as a character but his sword is so stupid looking I never want to use him lol. I'll prob pass on King Rain.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I didn't keep up with the event so now I'm playing catch up to try and get to 30k today. I started with 13k and I'm now at 20k.

Send help.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Gumi did something right?

Guess I'll try for a single lap on King Rain and then UOC the prism later if I get lucky. I'm still going all in on the VI event next week as Locke is my favorite character. Screw the meta, take my 50,000 lapis!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Gumi did something right?

Guess I'll try for a single lap on King Rain and then UOC the prism later if I get lucky. I'm still going all in on the VI event next week as Locke is my favorite character. Screw the meta, take my 50,000 lapis!

they fucked up Locke though, he's a water chainer

Locke.

A water chainer.

why.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I ended up quite liking Karten so I finished the lap and was able to 7* both him and Godrea today. But Godrea's kit.....what is this?? It's honestly over my head lol. Which is a shame because I love her quirky sprite despite it seeming to get some hate elsewhere. God forbid they add a nerdy ghost hunter lady gheesh.

I am envious of you all with the excess pots and moogles! I have a lot of good units now but still short on great gear and materials to buff them up with.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It appears daylight savings may have screwed me over a login so I missed out on the premium ticket lol. I marathoned the event on elt after taking a break of it and damn was it boring. Took more than 30 runs.... still have 350 nrg bottles left so I'm good to go on that. The LGD was some straight up bullshite that I just gave up altogether. Used one move and wiped half of my team even with protection like wtf. I'm glad that's over.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so happy we're getting a story event, I only managed to awaken Lucius half way. Last Halloween I was kinda bummed I got 2 of him and no Lilith (I wanted one of her for her tmr mostly) but he seems to be a pretty good damage dealer now.

I don't think I'll awaken Hyoh or Ignis yet.

I ended up quite liking Karten so I finished the lap and was able to 7* both him and Godrea today. But Godrea's kit.....what is this?? It's honestly over my head lol. Which is a shame because I love her quirky sprite despite it seeming to get some hate elsewhere. God forbid they add a nerdy ghost hunter lady gheesh.

I am envious of you all with the excess pots and moogles! I have a lot of good units now but still short on great gear and materials to buff them up with.

I think the dislike for Godrea comes mostly from her sprite being kinda all over the place. To quote Howl it's like the Pope joined the Ghostbusters with a gun from Destiny, with a dash of Kingdom Hearts on top.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to the 5% ERA.

Screenshot_20191107-124131.png
Screenshot_20191107-124321.png
Screenshot_20191107-124421.png

Screenshot_20191107-125041.png
Screenshot_20191107-125138.png

3x ARain
1st Tsukiko
1st Golbez
1 st Elephim
4th Yuna

Changed 5 Uoc tickets to 10000 lapis (one can find it on rightmost summon tab). I have 51 Uoc and will use 8 Uoc tickets to ARain prism. Getting Yuna stmr as bonus and obviously those other new 5* too.

Free multipull was trash as expected.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Celebrated the "new" FFBE by pulling only absolute garbage from the free multi and a bunch of tickets.Not sure if i'll do the step up.

yay

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
So even though I have been playing this game for almost 3 years, I really haven't crunched numbers or dove into the meta at all, so please someone tell me is it worth trading in the UoC tickets for lapis? As a diehard FFVI fan, I feel like I need to start hoarding for CG Terra, but I have no idea if this is wise or not.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
It turns out that A.I. Katy and Aldore Rain can Stardust Ray chain. Need to slap both to party later today and test for funsies :).
Depending on the situation AIK can be equipped with element GS since no imbue.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So even though I have been playing this game for almost 3 years, I really haven't crunched numbers or dove into the meta at all, so please someone tell me is it worth trading in the UoC tickets for lapis? As a diehard FFVI fan, I feel like I need to start hoarding for CG Terra, but I have no idea if this is wise or not.
I did it, because I had 49 UoC even after using 10 to get Karlette.
If you have less than 30, yeah it'd be a more difficult choice.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea if this is wise or not.
I did it, because I had 49 UoC even after using 10 to get Karlette.
If you have less than 30, yeah it'd be a more difficult choice.

For me it was no brainer, had 15000 Lapis and 56 uoc tickets.
So 5 to 10000 lapis and then another 8 to prism ChRain and grabbed his stmr.

I would say that 30ish is a good baseline to have. As in Kourio said, don't do it if you have less than 30 uoc.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
Had pretty underwhelming pulls at first but lucked out on the 9+1+1 Banner and got myself 7* Aldore Rain and then some from the 10k UoC Trade Lapis.

Personally I would even trade for the Lapis with a low stack of UoC Tickets, full two steps on a (limited!) banner of choice are nothing to sneeze at!

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Not chasing king rain, however tempting.

Will probably convert UoC to lapis. I have 33 or so right now, and that will put my lapis stash at 35K (highest it's ever been).

I think the next unit I chase might be WoL (starting with tickets).

Nothing worthwhile from the 10+1 or either 5+1 I got from compensation slots.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Turned in 5 UoC for the 10k lapis. I did three steps for Rain and got one. Called it a day and used 8 UoC for his prism. I now have a 7* Rain. Potted him but I still need to test him out. I love his sprite so I just had to pull for him.

I now have 18k lapis and 43 tickets for whenever WoL comes out. I'll have to tackle story missions to raise it up.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Nice, happy there's new story. I'm also glad to see they extended some of the recent events. I never did clear the Holiday Road trials so I'll give that another shot.
I think the dislike for Godrea comes mostly from her sprite being kinda all over the place. To quote Howl it's like the Pope joined the Ghostbusters with a gun from Destiny, with a dash of Kingdom Hearts on top.
That's..... a very apt description of her sprite lol. Can't un-see the Paranormal Pope now.

I still like her design in that Doc Brown disheveled ramshackle sort of way but I can understand it not working for everyone. There are some sprites I sort of hate so I get it lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I just marathon-ed the IW for 100+ potions and no rare skill, we really need a pity system for this.
Edit : 1 hour of doing this later, I just got this at floor 10

1bd058c7-11ba-44e9-97ktklt.png

IW grind is the worst.

Last edited:

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just marathon-ed the IW for 100+ potions and no rare skill, we really need a pity system for this.

IW grind is the worst.

Same. Worse actually. 190 potions and no rare skills.

I wish there was SOMETHING to compensate. Like.....let us keep the abilities on the item and just keep developing it between runs. SOMETHING.

Or remove the 1% and auto-buff abilities. Or make it so you can't get duplicates on the same floor. SOMETHING!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a second Elena on the free 10+1, but...what's the real benefit to using a hybrid? I don't have much hybrid gear, and there don't seem to be any bosses that made significantly easier by doing hybrid damage as opposed to either physical or magical, right? (I have WoL Bartz and Elly as my main two damage dealers ATM).

Also, how's enhanced Hyoh looking in GL? Should I bother?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

IW grind is the worst.

I haven't even been getting ATK rolls on Quicksilver, it's that bad. I think IW is my most hated grind in the game right now, due to how bad the rolls are most of the time. It feels like an uphill struggle to even get something remotely decent.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't even been getting ATK rolls on Quicksilver, it's that bad. I think IW is my most hated grind in the game right now, due to how bad the rolls are most of the time. It feels like an uphill struggle to even get something remotely decent.

Also its too slow, here have n+666 orbs to use. Then 10 orbs takes ~10mins or so with all the loadings & useless taps.
I bet there is roadmap for IW and we will perhaps see changes in one year or not.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
It seems that the pool was wrong for step 3 of the Chair Rain banner, and people who summoned on it will get compensation in form of a ticket and a soon-to-be-online banner to use it on.

Also its too slow, here have n+666 orbs to use. Then 10 orbs takes ~10mins or so with all the loadings & useless taps.
I bet there is roadmap for IW and we will perhaps see changes in one year or not.

Oh yeah that's true, it takes far too long on top of everything else. I really hope they're gonna revamp it.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I got 24 spins on the Chocobo wheel with the compensation tokens and got about five 5* tickets out of it. I think I have 10 now. I think I need to do a ticket inventory and see what I have.

I have 5 units ready to go 7* but don't have enough gil to convert them all and clear inventory space.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Reminder for the NYC Bonus Lapis Giveaway stage in the Vortex - if you don't like the pot you got, you can give up and try again. It's RNG-based.

I got 24 spins on the Chocobo wheel with the compensation tokens and got about five 5* tickets out of it.

Congrats, that's awesome! I haven't even got one 5+1 ticket from those pulls, not to mention G5s. Best I had was 300 lapis a couple of times.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I got 24 spins on the Chocobo wheel with the compensation tokens and got about five 5* tickets out of it. I think I have 10 now. I think I need to do a ticket inventory and see what I have.

I have 5 units ready to go 7* but don't have enough gil to convert them all and clear inventory space.
I did literally 50 spins and got zero 5* EX tickets, WTF.