• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I got 24 spins on the Chocobo wheel with the compensation tokens and got about five 5* tickets out of it.
Congrats, that's awesome! I haven't even got one 5+1 ticket from those pulls, not to mention G5s. Best I had was 300 lapis a couple of times.
I did literally 50 spins and got zero 5* EX tickets, WTF.

Yeah 0 5G but I did get 4x 5+1 during the slot weeks. Also for me it was only 8 coins (I did make a ticket and I was few days offline due to problems but I didn't lose login streak and not sure if I got all the login rewards or not).

Also I got answer to my ticket that compensation has been given (to all) etc.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
I got 24 spins on the Chocobo wheel with the compensation tokens and got about five 5* tickets out of it. I think I have 10 now. I think I need to do a ticket inventory and see what I have.

I have 5 units ready to go 7* but don't have enough gil to convert them all and clear inventory space.
man that's crazy! I got one from over 50 spins xD

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I was weak and cashed in 5 UoC tickets for lapis for the 9+1+1. No King Rain, but I got 6 other 5*s, so now I can bump Rem, Sylvie, Basch, D. Veritas, and HT Lid up to 7. So I'll call this somewhat of a success?

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a second Elena on the free 10+1, but...what's the real benefit to using a hybrid? I don't have much hybrid gear, and there don't seem to be any bosses that made significantly easier by doing hybrid damage as opposed to either physical or magical, right? (I have WoL Bartz and Elly as my main two damage dealers ATM).

Also, how's enhanced Hyoh looking in GL? Should I bother?
Not sure about enhanced Hyoh... but I don't have specific hybrid gear and was able to get my fresh Elena up to ~2000 ATK/MAG both by stealing mag/atk gear from some primary DPS (leaving them with plenty to still be effective). If you have one of each TDH materia (Cloud's TMR, Karlette's TMR) and an Adventurer materia that should get her pretty close; I also used Lordly Robes (FFBE) which is the SPR parameter quest, but otherwise what I have is (mostly) pretty tame.

Benefit to using a hybrid vs dedicated phys/mag IS pretty low. There are some trials like one of the Marlboro ones where you face a high DEF and a high SPR opponent, which is where a hybrid shines... but there aren't many like that. If you have WoL Bartz, probably not worthwhile to gear her as primary phys DPS. I have a feeling a MAG focused Elena would be more effective than Elly though, unless you need to avoid hybrid damage for some reason - if only because Elly doesn't have great chaining partners (which sucks, since i like my Elly too!) although IIRC hybrid killers are weird.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I pulled a second Elena on the free 10+1, but...what's the real benefit to using a hybrid? I don't have much hybrid gear, and there don't seem to be any bosses that made significantly easier by doing hybrid damage as opposed to either physical or magical, right? (I have WoL Bartz and Elly as my main two damage dealers ATM).

Also, how's enhanced Hyoh looking in GL? Should I bother?
Not sure about enhanced Hyoh... but I don't have specific hybrid gear and was able to get my fresh Elena up to ~2000 ATK/MAG both by stealing mag/atk gear from some primary DPS (leaving them with plenty to still be effective). If you have one of each TDH materia (Cloud's TMR, Karlette's TMR) and an Adventurer materia that should get her pretty close; I also used Lordly Robes (FFBE) which is the SPR parameter quest, but otherwise what I have is (mostly) pretty tame.

Benefit to using a hybrid vs dedicated phys/mag IS pretty low. There are some trials like one of the Marlboro ones where you face a high DEF and a high SPR opponent, which is where a hybrid shines... but there aren't many like that. If you have WoL Bartz, probably not worthwhile to gear her as primary phys DPS. I have a feeling a MAG focused Elena would be more effective than Elly though, unless you need to avoid hybrid damage for some reason - if only because Elly doesn't have great chaining partners (which sucks, since i like my Elly too!) although IIRC hybrid killers are weird.

Another benefit besides what Niahak mentioned is that hybrids can still hit through mitigation, which may be useful in some fights.

Also, one other advantage is that if a boss has dramatically more DEF than SPR you can gear more towards MAG and do more damage, where as pure damage dealers don't have the option to switch and are stuck regardless of how strong the boss' DEF or SPR are. And vice-versa if the boss SPR is way higher than its DEF.

As for killers, they only benefit from physical killers.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't certain but now, after 300+ potions, I'm sure of it : rare skills don't exist and the IW is just a big farce.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
with the refined rare pull now, I went through and wanted to know, how many 5*'s that are now EX only do I not have, how many are locked at 6* and how many will I never get an STMR of?

I am missing Knight Delita, Sephiroth, and Atoning Dragoon kain entirely.
I am missing 7* on Balthier, Basch, Emperor, Kunshira, Lulu, Noctis, Nyx, and Ramza,
I am 3/4 to an STMR on Ace, Ayaka, Duke, Emperor Shera, Jiraiya, Prishe, Pure Summoner Rydia, Queen, Seabreeze Dark Fina, Dark Veritas, and Wilhelm.

worst offender from the removed was Fohlen, pulled 8 of him altogether, second worst was Fire Veritas with 5 pulled.

Worst offender of the remaining rare pulls is Hyoh at 5 pulls total.

EDIT: My Chocobo spins were awful, ended up with two 5+1, 1 4* ticket, and three rare tickets from the top level wins, and a shit ton of 20 lapis, cactaur and burst pot spins.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got one rare!

efd27342-baab-4ed0-a2mdj6z.png

The bad news is that I wanted HP on this thing but oh well, it's way too rare to pass up.
I'm at 563k points in the IW, nearly 400 potions, wtf gumi.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Of course after farming for several hours to get a good IW run for my Golbez, the very next run for Ignacio's STMR instantly give me one, smh.
It got ATK +57%

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I have no interest in Rain and am pretty much done with the game so instead of the step up I decided to test the 9+1+1 Rain summons for science.

I did 5 multis.

Only got the guaranteed rainbow on 4 of them. The other pull gave me two rainbows, but it was some useless stuff.

Zero Rains pulled.

I did get a first Summer Fid, and a 4th Mediena, which was alright.

In total, 5 multis gave me 6 rainbows. That sucks.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
IW used to be really good. I've got SO many weapons with rare abilities on them... But they were all from like 8+ months ago... I'm pretty sure I've been saying they nerfed the shit out of it for months now and it is total dogshit. I'm not even doing them anymore.

Anyways I haven't really been following the updates too closely lately, just kinda on autopilot but checking out the new summon banner news I was pleasantly surprised. Seems like they learned from the reception on the JP side, so their loss is our gain, this new banner system seems pretty friendly and make a lot more sense.

Is CG Rain a good pickup as far as meta DPS going forward or is there anybody close to look for instead? Haven't pulled any DPS since Esther and managed to pick up Xeno and whatever else along the way (like a single CG lightning). I'm seeing a few Rain's on the friend list but I'm not seeing the overwhelming flood of them the way I did with Esther or Elena. Feels like there have been too many good DPS units lately so I see a lot of different ones as opposed to any one dominant one

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Just did a full inventory of all my tickets
4* - 9
Rare summon ticket - 274
5* select - 55
10+1 - 5
5+1 -13
Ex summon - 429
4* ex summon - 65
5* ex summon - 14
Lapis - 74,830
Gil - 21,663,434

Current Party
7* Tidus - Main damage dealer for single and groups
7* Auron - Secondary damage dealer and breaker
7* Sephiroth - Octoslash
7* Dark Fina - Dual cast Ultima
7* Ayaka - healing and boost attack and defence.

Units waiting on to be converted to 7* units
Machina
Mercenary Ramza
Aerith
Red XIII
Dark Knight Luneth
Blossom Sage Satura
Vagrant Knight rain
Warrior of light Krile

Is there any one on that list I should be using? Thinking of swapping Ayaka with Aerith.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
The game really, REALLY does not want me to pull a single Rain.

/sigh

I need a physical DPS ridiculously bad at this point. But, nope, 100 tickets in (half of my stash for Terra this week)

OK Refia (3)
Beryl (5)
Sakura (2)
Seaside Nichol (3)
OK Refia (4) <-- At least this is a decent DW sword, so that's something.
Edgar (2)

Six consecutive off-banner rainbows. I give up on this. Really makes me want to UoC another Elena or Bartz; so frustrating.

And no IW rares for me this week so far, either.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I decided to finally start using tickets instead of lapis despite the good step up opportunities. With the increase to the rainbow pull rate, it was time to finally use EX tickets, 10+1 and 5+1s again. I pretty much killed my Thursday night with all the pulling and massive unit resource management between fusing and selling them from all the pulls. I had around 600 EX tickets with somewhere between 36-39 of them being 5* guarantee EX tickets. I decided to use those to see if I could luck into any Rains since my goal was to get two of him (and then four) without using any lapis. As you can imagine, I got a ton of rainbows by the time I used all those EX tickets. I had a little over a dozen rainbows I believe from around 456-ish 3* EX tickets and multiple more from the 4* EX's before using the guaranteed rainbows. I then got several more between the 5+1 and 10+1 tickets.

Of the spoils of all these non-banner usable tickets, while many were old worthless rainbows and some only useful for their TMR, I had some gems in there. One of the guaranteed rainbows was a Rain! Woot! But also, my second most desired unit after Rain was Lenna so I could finally upgrade from CG Fina and Japan hasn't had a single healer come out that can beat Lenna so at this point, she's super valuable in my eyes as we'd have to wait who knows how long for another GLEX healer. Anyway, got two of her!!!! So 7* Lenna, I'm set at healer for a looooong time! Wohoo! I also got a dupe Summer Fid and two of Sabin which I wanted thinking I'd go for the Aeigon arms but I've changed my mind as to flat out beat his STMR, you'd need two of Sabin's STMR. I ended up getting two CG Lightnings, one CG Bartz, one CG Firion two of the 5* Hopes, two of the 5* Leons, two of the 5* Kefkas and one 5* Shadow as far as recent banner units go. Guess I didn't need to farm so hard on those MK events to get moogles for their TMRs haha I don't intend on using TDW units but good to have them for their TMRs just in case. I would much rather have had a dupe Elena but I might consider UoCing her since her LB can apparently chain with Rain's. Dark Knight Luneth's was nice for the TMR and a good way to get the last 50% TDH for Rain if you have his STMR covering the other 50%. It was nice finally getting a Prishe for her tmr as well.

I was able to get some STMRs after finally getting my fourth Queen and both third and fourth Luneth as well as a fourth Roberta. I didn't have much STMR prior so that was neat. I had some units that stood out for slight comedy such as finally getting my first Orlandeu haha and a dupe Noctis after pulling so hard for him in the past and finally an Ayaka, the unit that killed my soul on her first banner. Others would normally be useful like a Myra and dupe Yuraisha but as I have Lenna and Sylvie as well as Fid all at 7*, probably no use for them.I got plenty of other dupes and unique rainbows but not going to bore you further with the full list, my post is already getting long enough ha

So, I now had one Rain, time to pull on the banner. I probably should have used up my 3* tickets first of which I have over 900 of but I decided to start with 4* tickets hoping they'd reign in some quick rainbows and I had over 200 of them so I felt confident I could get him this way. I was lucky with my second Rain coming within a handful of 4* tickets or so. The third too came within using 20 or so of those tickets. Emboldened by getting those two quickly I kept going longer than I should have before switching to 3* tickets, burning somewhere around 30 4* tickets without a further rainbow. I then switched to 3* tickets and miraculously got the fourth Rain within 10 tickets I believe. So pretty damn lucky and I still have all my lapis which is about to hit 200k and well over 1k on- banner tickets :D I still haven't used a single UoC ticket yet either. My EX stash and other non-banner tickets are flushed out though and I shouldn't have much reason to hoard those type of tickets going forward besides maybe guaranteed rainbows. All in all, I'm very pleased with my haul! Good lord was it time consuming to sort out all the units though and that's motivation alone to not hoard EX tickets again haha

Phew, what a weekend of FFBE! I think I have my Rain pretty well balanced at having 2860 ATK despite focusing largely on LB damage with my head armor, both accessory slots and a materia slot all being dedicated to LB damage besides his own TMR of course. Man I'd like to just gear all ATK stuff and get his ATK over 3k but I will resist the temptation! Now the question is who to pair him with amongst my team? I have Esther and a unit she chains with while Rain chains with friend Rain but that's obviously not efficient... I haven't seen if enhanced Hyoh is worth putting back in over what I'm doing and I'm especially curious how viable Elena is for changing with Rain. Is it a little fluke-y and only works on some turns? Maybe I just have Rain in with friend Rain for ATK and swap the other two attackers out for a support unit and breaker or magic tank as situations call for it.... What do you guys think?

Is CG Rain a good pickup as far as meta DPS going forward or is there anybody close to look for instead? Haven't pulled any DPS since Esther and managed to pick up Xeno and whatever else along the way (like a single CG lightning). I'm seeing a few Rain's on the friend list but I'm not seeing the overwhelming flood of them the way I did with Esther or Elena. Feels like there have been too many good DPS units lately so I see a lot of different ones as opposed to any one dominant one
Yes, he's now #1 and is good enough to last you half a month plus. The first unit to do more damage is CG Onion Knight I think and don't believe it's that significant an increase. Then you more or less get lots of chainers being in the same ball park until Madam comes with there being a huge stretch of time between Madam and the next stronger attackers, the units paired with espers that hit for the 4 year anniversary. King Rain even pairs well with Rain+Ifrit. There could naturally and likely will be stronger GLEX units that come out but who knows when and what they'll be like? So you can pull for him with confidence. He's the first I've pulled for since Esther too and is essentially Esther 2.0 being a simple to use unit who's bread and butter is his LB attack. Another attacker of note if you use finishers is CG Noctis who's essentially Regina 2.0 based on how his kit works. Otherwise, largely attackers will be pulled for liking the character since they are all around similar power level. I myself will be content on Phys attacker for a while now and will focus on upgrading my tanks in the near future now that I have Lenna covering me at healer.

I'm suprised you haven't seen much Rain yet on your FL, is this still the case? Mine is flooded with him.
Current Party
7* Tidus - Main damage dealer for single and groups
7* Auron - Secondary damage dealer and breaker
7* Sephiroth - Octoslash
7* Dark Fina - Dual cast Ultima
7* Ayaka - healing and boost attack and defence.

Units waiting on to be converted to 7* units
Machina
Mercenary Ramza
Aerith
Red XIII
Dark Knight Luneth
Blossom Sage Satura
Vagrant Knight rain
Warrior of light Krile

Is there any one on that list I should be using? Thinking of swapping Ayaka with Aerith.

Yes, Aerith is an upgrade over Ayaka and BS Sakura while old now too, better than Dark Fina. I'd assume Red XIII and DK Luneth and maybe Machina are better options than Tidus at this point but I haven't looked hard at them. Just realistically any decent ATK unit at this point in time will be better than ancient Tidus who doesn't chain with any of the modern ATK units well. I'd look up reviews on them to see who you want in and check what their chain families are to see if you can chain with the strong units your friends are sharing and you can use Mercenary Ramza as a magic tank if you don't already have a good one filling that role.
The game really, REALLY does not want me to pull a single Rain.

/sigh

I need a physical DPS ridiculously bad at this point. But, nope, 100 tickets in (half of my stash for Terra this week)

OK Refia (3)
Beryl (5)
Sakura (2)
Seaside Nichol (3)
OK Refia (4) <-- At least this is a decent DW sword, so that's something.
Edgar (2)

Six consecutive off-banner rainbows. I give up on this. Really makes me want to UoC another Elena or Bartz; so frustrating.

And no IW rares for me this week so far, either.
Damn, sorry to hear that, buddy :( I guess the good news is that phys attackers will flood the pool going forward, seems like that's damn near all Japan has made for the past several months. Also, how's your gear for Elena or Bartz? Those units are plenty strong to have you covered for a long time. Which of the two more friends are sharing a consideration on which of the two would be worth grabbing as well.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
IW used to be really good. I've got SO many weapons with rare abilities on them... But they were all from like 8+ months ago... I'm pretty sure I've been saying they nerfed the shit out of it for months now and it is total dogshit. I'm not even doing them anymore.

When IW came, you usually got atleast one rare with only natural orb regeneration during week. Usually more than one rare. Nowadays yeah no, I got 25% ATK to True Crimson Blood and stopped doing IW burned ~100 orbs during my runs. Didn't see rare at all.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so Chair Rain or Terra? Chair Rain still the safest pick for meta dps moving forward? I still see way more Elena and Esther on my friends list than Rain, so I'm trepidatious

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so Chair Rain or Terra? Chair Rain still the safest pick for meta dps moving forward? I still see way more Elena and Esther on my friends list than Rain, so I'm trepidatious
Physical DPS are always better than magical one in FFBE (sadly) so yeah it's either AK Rain / CG Onion Knight or Madame Edel for the coming months.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Also, how's your gear for Elena or Bartz? Those units are plenty strong to have you covered for a long time. Which of the two more friends are sharing a consideration on which of the two would be worth grabbing as well.

My best unit still is a tricked out Malphasie, so I've got plenty of hybrid gear.
Also have tons of TDH gear for Bartz, but kind of only want him so that my Krile actually has someone to chain with.

In reality, Elena's probably the better choice, as very few people have Bartz as a friend unit. Most of my friends list appears to be shifting to Rains and Elenas now.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievably, I got rare skill on Omega Weapon (XIII) as well, all my STMR weapons are now good enough, until next time I guess.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, very few of my friend list uses Bartz, and I'm not sure why. I was so hyped for him and he's extremely effective, but he definitely goes well with another Bartz.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh my god CG Terra is finally coming! Her upgrades look good right? I've been saving all my lapis lol got 75k here. I think I'm gonna go for the STMR for sure. Got so much tickets to burn too. Step up looks really expensive.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Finally, Terra and Locke! I think I'm gonna pull on the banner, I kinda want Locke for his stmr.
And Scorn of Aigaion! That 2H fist is gonna be great for my Sabin.

Yeah, very few of my friend list uses Bartz, and I'm not sure why. I was so hyped for him and he's extremely effective, but he definitely goes well with another Bartz.

If you want another Bartz friend, I'm sharing one for the foreseeable future. I recently cleaned up my FL of inactive accounts and I have lots of spots open : 475,233,839.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ok just did chair Rain's step up, and I actually got a ton of rainbows, most of them useful...

OK Refia #2
WoL Lenna #2
Kaito #2
Lotus Mage Fina #5
CG Charlotte #4 (yay STMR)
Dark Knight Luneth #3

And then the only Chair Rain I got was the guaranteed sadly but so many new 7 stars, which I'll never complain about! Will spill a couple tickets trying to get a 2nd before I just UoC him. I'd like to save some tickets to try and get the new Terra unit just because I really like the character

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Super predictable that Terra was coming this week but I'm relieved so I don't have to see any more clamoring for her online :p I think that's just Physalis and CG Dark Fina left out of the skipped units now. Both are story event units so one will get kicked further down the road for the other. There's also a chance they both get skipped again to bring out King Lasswell early to follow up King Rain. It'll be interesting to see which one they go with for next month's story event. Now the question is what Raid event to expect for next week? There are a number of collaborations as possibilities. I'd have to check the Japan timeline to see what other possibility there is as I don't recall what's after Kefka that isn't a collab for Raids.

My best unit still is a tricked out Malphasie, so I've got plenty of hybrid gear.
Also have tons of TDH gear for Bartz, but kind of only want him so that my Krile actually has someone to chain with.

In reality, Elena's probably the better choice, as very few people have Bartz as a friend unit. Most of my friends list appears to be shifting to Rains and Elenas now.
I assume you mean you have TDW gear for Bartz? Just making sure you weren't thinking Bartz was a TDH unit because if you mixed that up, sounds like you wouldn't have the gear for him. You'll want Lightning's TMR to make the most of out Bartz so if you don't have that, sounds like you have a better setup for Elena and you already said you have more Elena friend units. Plus she can work with Rain a bit. She'd also be better for quicker fights since Bartz takes a while to get going.
Ok just did chair Rain's step up, and I actually got a ton of rainbows, most of them useful...

OK Refia #2
WoL Lenna #2
Kaito #2
Lotus Mage Fina #5
CG Charlotte #4 (yay STMR)
Dark Knight Luneth #3

And then the only Chair Rain I got was the guaranteed sadly but so many new 7 stars, which I'll never complain about! Will spill a couple tickets trying to get a 2nd before I just UoC him. I'd like to save some tickets to try and get the new Terra unit just because I really like the character
Congrats on getting a dupe Lenna! That's huge man, as I already posted she's the best healer in Japan to this day so you're set for a loooong time at healer :) I'm not sure what Charlotte's STMR is but I'm sure it'll be nice! Dark Knight Luneth's TMR is pretty nice for TDH units so don't think it's a bad thing to get another of him. So yeah, nice yields and you have the UoC to ensure you get your dupe Rain worst case. GL on getting him before needing to!

You reminded me that the other two nice units I pulled over the weekend was a CG Charlotte and Galuf. The smart thing for me to do would be UoC Galuf but I like WoL's kit and sprite better so think I'll still go for him instead and I might as well just wait for CG Cecil to come out for magic tank so there isn't a pressing reason I need one of Charlotte's calibur at the moment. Her TMR is decent at least, wish I could say the same for Galuf ha

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Super predictable that Terra was coming this week but I'm relieved so I don't have to see any more clamoring for her online :p I think that's just Physalis and CG Dark Fina left out of the skipped units now. Both are story event units so one will get kicked further down the road for the other. There's also a chance they both get skipped again to bring out King Lasswell early to follow up King Rain. It'll be interesting to see which one they go with for next month's story event. Now the question is what Raid event to expect for next week? There are a number of collaborations as possibilities. I'd have to check the Japan timeline to see what other possibility there is as I don't recall what's after Kefka that isn't a collab for Raids.

I assume you mean you have TDW gear for Bartz? Just making sure you weren't thinking Bartz was a TDH unit because if you mixed that up, sounds like you wouldn't have the gear for him. You'll want Lightning's TMR to make the most of out Bartz so if you don't have that, sounds like you have a better setup for Elena and you already said you have more Elena friend units. Plus she can work with Rain a bit. She'd also be better for quicker fights since Bartz takes a while to get going.

Congrats on getting a dupe Lenna! That's huge man, as I already posted she's the best healer in Japan to this day so you're set for a loooong time at healer :) I'm not sure what Charlotte's STMR is but I'm sure it'll be nice! Dark Knight Luneth's TMR is pretty nice for TDH units so don't think it's a bad thing to get another of him. So yeah, nice yields and you have the UoC to ensure you get your dupe Rain worst case. GL on getting him before needing to!

You reminded me that the other two nice units I pulled over the weekend was a CG Charlotte and Galuf. The smart thing for me to do would be UoC Galuf but I like WoL's kit and sprite better so think I'll still go for him instead and I might as well just wait for CG Cecil to come out for magic tank so there isn't a pressing reason I need one of Charlotte's calibur at the moment. Her TMR is decent at least, wish I could say the same for Galuf ha
To my knowledge, Dual Form for Bartz is a waste of 50 percent TDW, it's better to have two of his TMR. Which unfortunately I didn't get because I bought a prism in the step up and I stupidly didn't get his gray star TMR moogle from the event.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
To my knowledge, Dual Form for Bartz is a waste of 50 percent TDW, it's better to have two of his TMR. Which unfortunately I didn't get because I bought a prism in the step up and I stupidly didn't get his gray star TMR moogle from the event.
I almost ironically because I have no interest in the TDW meta made sure to get a couple of both Bartz and Lightning's moogles during their events just in case I ever caved for a TDW unit I want badly for some reason in the future. I then pulled two lightnings and a bartz so guess that ended up being overkill haha How was I to know they would increase the rainbow rate thus compelling me to use all those racked up non-banner tickets I had? Well, better safe than sorry. I belive Odin Reagan is TDW and he's the bees knees out of the esper unit duo's that hit during the fourth anniversary so maybe for him. Just a bummer he's on AT chaining family, hopefully global will add another to make him chain with worthwhile units besides his double.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Dual Form can be better in certain situations - when you have Bartz's STMR and higher ATK gear for the two accessory slots.

Otherwise yeah, two of his tmr bring him at cap and are enough.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
If you want another Bartz friend, I'm sharing one for the foreseeable future. I recently cleaned up my FL of inactive accounts and I have lots of spots open : 475,233,839.

We are already friends, I do have Buttz up on Event 1 slot. Mine is only equipped with one pair of Hermes Sandals thus using Dual Form. Not the highest attack there is, some stuff is equipped by Chrain.

Screenshot_20191113-081826.png
Screenshot_20191113-081859.png

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We are already friends, I do have Buttz up on Event 1 slot. Mine is only equipped with one pair of Hermes Sandals thus using Dual Form. Not the highest attack there is, some stuff is equipped by Chrain.

Screenshot_20191113-081826.png
Screenshot_20191113-081859.png
Hahaha, you were the only one who consistently had him up = D

Thanks for that!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha, you were the only one who consistently had him up = D

Thanks for that!

Np :)
I did finetune it just before I took those screenies. Added Prishes Hairpin (moogled it since Iam swimming in moogles) and some other tweaks to materia slots. Figured that A-V S is better to have than littlebit more atk from 2nd HSandals, for people to use. Then they don't need to worry for ailments so much.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
TY! I used ALL my 3 star tickets trying to get him. It was like 75 tickets and didn't get a single rainbow, much less a chair Rain... Dejected, I started using my 4 star ticks and the very first one dropped rainbow and it was him! Heh, I guess my UoCs live to see another day!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a reason some people have Fenrir for Rain? I never leveled Fenrir up, does it give massive ATK bonuses that make it better than Odin when Odin's killers aren't relevant to the fight? I've just never seen Fenrir on a top ATK unit before so I'm curious as to why. I've actually seen more different espers on Rain than any other unit I've seen in my friends list haha

TY! I used ALL my 3 star tickets trying to get him. It was like 75 tickets and didn't get a single rainbow, much less a chair Rain... Dejected, I started using my 4 star ticks and the very first one dropped rainbow and it was him! Heh, I guess my UoCs live to see another day!
Glory to the 4* ticket!

On the note of tickets panning out....

After trying to figure out who I can chain my Rain with I thought you know what? Why the hell do I need over 900 3* tickets? So I decided to not only go for another 7* Rain, but get another of his STMR. It took somewhere between 200-300 tickets to get the fourth one plus I used one 4* that I got as a reward for finally getting around to beating Asura. The first came laughably quick and I want to say the second wasn't too bad either but it took a long time for the third and a real long time or rather, many tickets to get to the fourth. I did get some other rainbows on the way, so good stuff too. Got my fourth Rinoa I'd been hoping for as her STMR is fantastic and after getting a third of her, didn't want to waste STMR tickets. I got a dupe CG Bartz but don't need him with two Rains though it's nice to be able to get two of his TMR without wasting a prism, and more importantly, a dupe CG Charlotte! I was planning on waiting for Cecil but when two of her fall into my lap...she's a large upgrade from my Awakened Rain so got her plugged in and ready to go and I'll wait to see how much better Cecil is when he arrives, might not need to bother and regardless, he's probably 4 or 5 months off anyway. Got a few other rainbows that aren't worth mentioning but despite throwing so many tickets in, worked out pretty nicely.

What was wild is having three Rains chain together... I don't know what the most efficient choice is for a Raid that will end in a single turn but I had all three do triple cast of Grandsheldt Blade or whatever it's called and Esperemis or whatever the BDM lady's name is does a triple cast BS move that obviously won't chain perfectly but all I know is those four attacks meshed together do over a BILLION damage lol! That's bananas! Granted it's just the Raid boss but it splits the attack up so it should only be better against a normal single target. I'm curious what a Rain trio will do against the new Aegion haha Although I won't try until I'm done farming the MK. Since I won't have a bonus unit, I'll need all the runs I can get. Hopefully the free weekly 10+1 pull will net me some bonus units.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Man trust gumi to delay Terra only to barely change anything in her kit. This is disappointing.

Terra upgrades:

Upgrades:
• Flame Riot, Aero Riot, Saint Riot:
mod 3.8x -> 6x;
1 hit -> 5 hits (chain family not listed yet, maybe CW?)
• Chaos Wave II, Chaos Flare II, Chaos Wind, Chaos Light, Riot Blade
5 hits -> 8 hits (CWA frames);
• Power Up Magic:
25% TDW -> 50% TDW;

Locke upgrades:

Upgrades:
• Suppression Throw
1,1 hits -> 5,5 hits (SR frames);

• Armor Hunt, Mind Hunt, Magic Hunt, Power Hunt
break 60% -> 70%;
duration 3 turns > 4 turns;
(Armor Hunt) Recover HP (4000) to caster -> Recover MP (45) to all allies;
(Mind Hunt) Mitigate magic damage taken (20%) for 3 turns to caster -> Increase LB gauge (2-4) to all allies;
(Magic Hunt) Recover MP (60) to caster -> Mitigate magic damage taken (20%) for 3 turns to all allies;
(Power Hunt) Increase LB gauge (3-5) to caster -> Recover HP (2500) to all allies;

• Inhibition Throw, Obstruction Throw
break 50% -> 65%;
3 turn duration > 4 turns duration;
1 hit -> 10 hits (SR frames)
• I'll protect you!
break 70% -> 74%;

• Gallant Adventurer
Increase modifier: Hydrolysis Dagger, Submersion Dagger, You're That Thief 2x > 3x;

• Split Mirage (max level non-upgraded LB)
Added 1 turn 79% full break (max level);
imperil 100% -> 110%;

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Browsed the net and people saying Terra is dead on arrival...... yeah well I'm really disappointed now. I skipped so many banners for her including Octopath. Very disappointed right now if anything.

Edit: maybe I'll just save my lapis and try tickets.... and get lucky that way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the raid units should have been bonus for this Mog King, since unlike JP, our schedule is fucked.
Used 8 tickets for bonus and got Locke, guess I'm sharing him in event 1.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
As I always do, tossed all my tickets to banner (still got 5 normal tix to buy):
2x 10%
5x 4*
20x 3*
And obviously free 10+1 & daily login 5+1.

Not so surprisingly my haul is 0 rainbows :D. 5% rateup doing its best, also never got rainbow from non G5 % ticket, thats some achievement. Also I got New Data exists about 1h after game was up.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Worst pulls in a long while on the FFVI step-up. 5th Sol, 9th ARain, 3rd Foltra, 1 Locke.
1 Terra off tickets.

5th Nalu on the free 10+1. Nothing on the 5+1.

I'm sharing a 7* Locke in Event 1, got his prism.

Last edited: