• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Mog King 5⭐ was Aileen #5. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Happy to ignore the upcoming DQ banner. Again. Generally the resources they give us are so tight you are lucky to be able to do a 25k banner a month assuming you grind everything out properly. Stingy af. So unless it's meta changing it's not worth it.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I did a pull on Box #2 with the 5 Silver keys we get from the raid.
Got Rab and Sylvando, and 3 moogles. I'm happy about Sylv, my favourite character from DQ. :D

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
The weekly free 10+1 to show us the increased rates is not doing its job. 1 gold 10 blue again.
lol same here! In addition every 5+1 or 10+1 we got since the change has resulted in zero rainbows so far.
Pulled on Box 1 with the silver keys for a chance at a second Eleven and got 2 Serena, well... :/

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Welp.

Raid gives 5 silver keys. Used them box 1 since I had one unit from there from last time.

Screenshot_20191121-130418.png

The one unit is now 7*.

Then I figured I could do 2 multis for the laughs and for the 2 keys.

Screenshot_20191121-130702.png
Screenshot_20191121-130740.png

Right... Now those 2 keys I got as step rewards.

Screenshot_20191121-131125.png

That worked :tiduslaugh:

Freebie was 6th PG Lolwell, 10+1 ticket was 0.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Welp.

Raid gives 5 silver keys. Used them box 1 since I had one unit from there from last time.

Screenshot_20191121-130418.png

The one unit is now 7*.

Then I figured I could do 2 multis for the laughs and for the 2 keys.

Screenshot_20191121-130702.png
Screenshot_20191121-130740.png

Right... Now those 2 keys I got as step rewards.

Screenshot_20191121-131125.png

That worked :tiduslaugh:

Freebie was 6th PG Lolwell, 10+1 ticket was 0.

Congrats, that's awesome!!!

I did the first step, which got me Mordegon #1 and Myra #7, and the Silver key was 2nd Sylvando. <3 Perfectly happy with the results.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Grats to all of you for nice pulls too and good luck to everyone. By looking discord pics users posted there seems to be usually 1-2 Moogles and rest of the 5 keys are units, seen one 5 units too.

I love how repeat Regina makes raids easy to cap.

Screenshot_20191121-143630.png

Trying to farm this raid as much as possible, cause the box system and the units I got, they need moogles.
And well its so easy to cap damage..

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My 5 keys summon was both impressive and disappointing: two 10% moogles, and one each of Erik, Jade and Sylvando. I would LIKE a 7* of pretty much all three of them, but not enough to spend 25k lapis to get a gold key.

Sorry, Erik.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
5 keys summon got me 1 Erik...
Playing along with the step-up a bit got me to one each of the other 5*s in that box and my first AK Rain.
Thinking about just UoCing an AKRain prism and calling it a day. Was hoping to get a 2nd Erik, but meh.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped this game like 18 months ago, just casually saw on my feed that DQXI units are featured right now.

How is the game nowadays ? Are you enjoying it right now ?
Would you recommend the game to new players right now ?
Did they ever manage to figure out finishing maintenance on time or are hour long extension still a weekly case ?
Did they implement any system to make it easier for new player/account manage to get a 7* version ? Assuming there was some powercreep im wondering how long it would take to get a somewhat solid account, that can at least clear most of the event/collab stages.

Dont see myself coming back but i still was wondering how things have developed in the last months.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped this game like 18 months ago, just casually saw on my feed that DQXI units are featured right now.

How is the game nowadays ? Are you enjoying it right now ?
Would you recommend the game to new players right now ?
Did they ever manage to figure out finishing maintenance on time or are hour long extension still a weekly case ?
Did they implement any system to make it easier for new player/account manage to get a 7* version ? Assuming there was some powercreep im wondering how long it would take to get a somewhat solid account, that can at least clear most of the event/collab stages.

Dont see myself coming back but i still was wondering how things have developed in the last months.
Caveats: I ignore most trials until I powercreep them to hell, I do dailies and that's about it
Summon rate recently got improved which is nice, it's 5% rainbow rate now
UoC feature now offers prisms for 8 UoC tickets, rather than 10 for units... new units will only have prisms in the shop though
Maintenance is extended more often than not, but is scheduled for shorter than it used to be... it is typically up before 7AM EST but once or twice hasn't been until 9AM EST
Aforementioned rate increase and 8 UoC prisms are more new-player friendly; we currently have a bunch of rewards going out that would be relatively good for new players, and the current raid gives a decent chance at a 7*, relatively current (or even ahead of the curve) character early on.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Caveats: I ignore most trials until I powercreep them to hell, I do dailies and that's about it
Summon rate recently got improved which is nice, it's 5% rainbow rate now
UoC feature now offers prisms for 8 UoC tickets, rather than 10 for units... new units will only have prisms in the shop though
Maintenance is extended more often than not, but is scheduled for shorter than it used to be... it is typically up before 7AM EST but once or twice hasn't been until 9AM EST
Aforementioned rate increase and 8 UoC prisms are more new-player friendly; we currently have a bunch of rewards going out that would be relatively good for new players, and the current raid gives a decent chance at a 7*, relatively current (or even ahead of the curve) character early on.
Thanks for the answers - this sounds solid.
Do you still get 1 UoC ticket per event ?
And for the 7* Raid unit you are talking about...would it still be possible to get that 7* unit if i started a new account tomorrow/this weekend ?

Oh and one more - has the meta changed in any big way ? Whats are the "hot" units right now or the important roles that need to be filled right now ?

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
The 10+1 got me a 2nd HT Lid.

Used the five keys in chest 2 and got 2 Jade, 1 Erik, and 1 Sylvando.

I'm tempted in doing a step up for a chance at a 2'd Sylvando or Erik but it's probably a trap.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Had a 5-star Serena from the previous banner, so I rolled once on the 1st banner and got my 2nd Serena, first try. Then rolled 4 times on banner two, got 2 Eriks, 1 Rad and 1 Jade. Really wanted Sylvando :(
Any idea when they are un-nerfing Serena?

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
free 10+1 was bad very bad. 9 blues and 2 gold zzzzzzzzzzzz someone please tell me this is a joke.

DQ raid summons= Box #1 summon once = dupe Serena so 7* VERY HAPPY WITH THAT

Did the rest on box #2 hoping to get Jade but I got Rab, 2 moogles, and one Erik. MEH oh well.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody know if there's a way to use the FFBE builder tool to maximize damage (physical) while also maximizing a killer?

Hate to be "that guy" but I had a pretty good 10+1 this month. Got a High Seraph Ultima (new unit) and an Emperor (#4 for the STMR).

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
And for the 7* Raid unit you are talking about...would it still be possible to get that 7* unit if i started a new account tomorrow/this weekend ?

Yes. Actually, now would be a good time to reroll for "easy" rainbows. I mean 5 Raid Orbs gives you 5 silver keys that will yield anything between 1-5 base 5* banner exclusive units, typically 3-5.

Just that I don't know how far you need to play that raid is open prolly some fights in first Island.
Also you need "our" help to clear Raid Elt dungeon when rerolling (boss has only 4m hp tho). Come to Discord ask for help and say that you are rerolling when asking for friends :)

When you open raid do (clear) every difficulty (Elt is last) and use your 5 orbs (2 orbs to Elt) and then go to your inbox and claim those 5 keys and go to summon (middle tab). Try to get preferably 4 units (as in 2 and 2) which would be 2x 7* in the future.

Do event banner step up for more Keys and for rainbows obviously.

This is so far easiest way to get multiple banner exclusive units to new accounts. It just needs some time (to open raid and have friends or randoms to clear the Elt raid, friend units can usually solo it)

I joined Rixa on the Eleven stmr club, got a 7 star Mordegon today too. Happy days.

Welcome to the club. Need to do raid for moogles before fusing all the dupes :D.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Actually, now would be a good time to reroll for "easy" rainbows. I mean 5 Raid Orbs gives you 5 silver keys that will yield anything between 1-5 base 5* banner exclusive units, typically 3-5.

Just that I don't know how far you need to play that raid is open prolly some fights in first Island.
Also you need "our" help to clear Raid Elt dungeon when rerolling (boss has only 4m hp tho). Come to Discord ask for help and say that you are rerolling when asking for friends :)

When you open raid do (clear) every difficulty (Elt is last) and use your 5 orbs (2 orbs to Elt) and then go to your inbox and claim those 5 keys and go to summon (middle tab). Try to get preferably 4 units (as in 2 and 2) which would be 2x 7* in the future.

Do event banner step up for more Keys and for rainbows obviously.

This is so far easiest way to get multiple banner exclusive units to new accounts. It just needs some time (to open raid and have friends or randoms to clear the Elt raid, friend units can usually solo it)
Thanks !!
I started a game and used the free tickets from the start and pulled MS Nichol and Dress Aileen (iirc)

I don't think I'm gonna reroll but I'll try at least to unlock the Raid battles and see if I can manage to get the farmable 7*.

Once I unlocked Raids I'll try to hit the Discord.

My ID if anyone wants to help out.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

Tossed friend request.
Remember you can use friends once every 3 hours time.

My Regina (event slot 2) can easily one shot Elt raid boss without chains, setup order how to do it:

First click Penta Tactics (then click the list below in order)

1. Cana's System
2. Power Generator
3. Reboot Command
4. Anti-Demon Module
5. Regina Cannon

-> Tap unit and wait some seconds :p.

The more damage you do to raid boss, the higher amount of raid coins you get. Cap is 999999999 damage.

Also I think, that for you it would be good to do lap (25000 Lapis when you get them) in DQ XI S banner.
It has 3% chance for on banner rainbows and 2% chance for off banners.
You need them rainbows. You get Keys too which you can pull for more rainbows / moogles (during the banner time).

If you get Xon (4*), level him to 8 and use Waylay. Later you wan't to enhance your Xon for Master Thief +2.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks !!
I started a game and used the free tickets from the start and pulled MS Nichol and Dress Aileen (iirc)

I don't think I'm gonna reroll but I'll try at least to unlock the Raid battles and see if I can manage to get the farmable 7*.

Once I unlocked Raids I'll try to hit the Discord.

Added you.
There's also a free 10+1 in the "Special" summon tab that might get you a rainbow or two, and you should be getting a few EX 3* tickets every day for a bit (3 5* EX coming up... eventually)

The raid stuff isn't a farmable 7*, but it's a shot at it. You're likely to get at least 2 5* units, which may match and may not. You can summon more on that "banner" (silver key box) if you do steps on the step-up... the first of which gets you a guaranteed rainbow also, but the 5*s in the boxes aren't in the summon pool.

Re: your other questions... UoC are around 2-3 a month, sometimes more. Still pretty rare.
Meta is currently:
* Phys DPS is out of control, getting creeped monthly, and being WAY behind the curve is 100% fine for raids, king mogs, etc. Current hotness seems to be Erik from the 2nd silver key box, or "chair" Rain which was a couple banners ago.
* Mag DPS is behind the curve comparatively
* Most flexible support is Sylvie, from last Easter. Nichol is alright
* Current best phys tank is Galuf, a new version of WoL should come out soon
* Mag tank MVP is 5* Charlotte
* Healer is 5* Lenna, although Myra is apparently almost as good

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This is too funny - first off thanks for your responses.
I played a bit more and realized what Rixa meant before with the 5Keys and the DQXI units (i got 3 seperate units and 2 Mogs) you could pull + also Niahak mentioning the free multi (did it - no Rainbow) made me realize that i might be better of re-rolling after all.

Deinstalled the game to reroll....game logged in to the old account i was playing before even though i didnt link it via fb/google. I remembered that the game required fb/google login and logout if you want to reroll....so i just logged in with my old fb account......only to realize that my old safe/account was still tied to it...lol. So weird....i could have sworn that i deleted it and de-linked the game data from the facebook page back than as well.

Anyway...im obv know MUCH more interested to get back into the game since i dont have to start at zero and actually have a bunch of 7* units already.

If its not too much trouble please add my old account back if you have space left.

Im going to have to go through my box/account and check in what state i left and what i need to do left. Ov. gonna try and get those Raid units/rewards while its up. I have 20 UOC tickets available for back then...i think i was saving them up for Akstar back then since he was supposed to be OP as hell xD

Hah...really happy that i dont have to start at zero again.

Edit:
My 7* units
Dark Fina
Seabreeze Dark Fina
Lunera
Yuna
Blossom Sage Sakura
Basch
Popstar Katy
Trance Terra
Ramza
Merc Ramza
Ayaka
Orlandu
Pyro Lasswell
Nyx
MS Nichol
Machina
WK Noel
Barbariccia
Fayt
Base 5* units
Aloha Lasswell
Zargabaath x2
Gladiodus x2
Elfreeda x 2
Cloud x 2
Veritas of Dark
Veritas of Light
Ellesperis
Rico Rodriguez
Explorer Aileen
Yun
Sora
Vincent
Citra
Nalu
Rinoa
Squall
Awakened Rain
Raegan
Lila
Sephirot
HT Lid
Loren
Noctis
Olive
Jecht
Kurasame
Shadow Lord
Rinoa
Emperor Shera
Aranea
Lulu
Beatrix
Duke
Balthier
Wilhelm
Tidus
Dragonlord

Oh man...thats alot of units....dont even know where to start.
Ill have to create a core team first and check out the equipment situation.

Who would be my best chainer/dps units ? I would go with MS Nichol as a buffer, Merc Ramza as a tank, Ayaka as a healer....and 2 chainers/dps ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't removed people since ages but I'll heck if I still have you, sasuke.
Edit : I had to re-add you
There was 3 banwaves so far and I have friends which last login was for each of them lol
f305e94f-40fa-4c51-ae6vj29.png

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
The FF6 banner has been bizarre for me. Locke is one of my favorites so I tried to throw a bunch of tickets (I'd say it was just the Exchange shop ones, since I had spent all tickets failing on King Rain) and a few dailies. I've never been so lucky Rainbow wise, got like 4 or 5, but unlucky in the sense that I got absolutely nothing useful.

I spent the DQ keys and got 2 Veronica and 2 Serena, no clue if they're good or i'll ever use them if I play this game seriously again.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Rofl. That went well, now grab those keys again and do summon :D.
Yeah I have plenty of space, so many quitters.
I haven't removed people since ages but I'll heck if I still have you, sasuke.
Edit : I had to re-add you
There was 3 banwaves so far and I have friends which last login was for each of them lol
f305e94f-40fa-4c51-ae6vj29.png

Thanks xD
I used the 5 Keys on the first DQ banner....ended up with Eleven/Veronica x1, Serena x2 and a Mog.

Had hoped for 2x Eleven so I can 7* him.

Did we ever get the feature that would allow us to get rewards or some kind of benefits from trading in 100% TM units ? I feel there was something of that sort we were waiting for on Global.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks xD
I used the 5 Keys on the first DQ banner....ended up with Eleven/Veronica x1, Serena x2 and a Mog.

Had hoped for 2x Eleven so I can 7* him.

Did we ever get the feature that would allow us to get rewards or some kind of benefits from trading in 100% TM units ? I feel there was something of that sort we were waiting for on Global.
Yes, it's in the shop menu. There is one to exchange 100% trust units into coins, and the other to get stuff with the coins.
Also the 10th Arena participation per day give 15 trust coins.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like I've been chaining with Machina and Fayt....looking at some tier lists and it seems like Machina is still solid but I probably should replace Fayt for a better unit.

Yes, it's in the shop menu. There is one to exchange 100% trust units into coins, and the other to get stuff with the coins.
Also the 10th Arena participation per day give 15 trust coins.
Thanks !!
Just traded in all my relevant units for around 11k Coins.

What would be the best way to spend them on ? UoC tickets or first the guaranteed 5* tickets for 5k ? I could get two of them.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like I've been chaining with Machina and Fayt....looking at some tier lists and it seems like Machina is still solid but I probably should replace Fayt for a better unit.

Thanks !!
Just traded in all my relevant units for around 11k Coins.

What would be the best way to spend them on ? UoC tickets or first the guaranteed 5* tickets for 5k ? I could get two of them.
With 5% rate, it is stupid to waste coins to G5 tickets. Just save them til you need UOC tickets. G5 are kinda worthless since EX rainbow pool is so huge.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lads I'm sitting on 84k lapis and 211 3* tickets.

And I'm just not interested in these DQ11 collabs or the Black Friday units, lol.

Waiting for CG Dark Fina and CG Warrior of Light.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
With 5% rate, it is stupid to waste coins to G5 tickets. Just save them til you need UOC tickets. G5 are kinda worthless since EX rainbow pool is so huge.
This makes alot of sense...gonna save them for UOC tickets then.

Q. Question...can I sell Prism Moogles that are already at 100% ? In this case Pure White Blessing .....Or can you do something with them ?

Also ....are dupes of base 5* still the only way to get the STMR of a 7*unit ?

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
This makes alot of sense...gonna save them for UOC tickets then.

Q. Question...can I sell Prism Moogles that are already at 100% ? In this case Pure White Blessing .....Or can you do something with them ?

Also ....are dupes of base 5* still the only way to get the STMR of a 7*unit ?
Selling prism moogles at 100% was just reconfirmed to be "safe" recently.
Dupes of base 5* are going to be the most common way... you could also get prisms (e.g. through "cheaper" UoC) to get there. You'll definitely need at least 2 base 5* and 2 prisms. There are "all" STMR moogles but you get tickets for them at a trickle.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Okay so the 10+1 gave me my third Tsukiko. Should I uoc another one or get a prism to get her stmr? I'm really in need of an amazing magic rod

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The 10+1 got me one rainbow Seaside Nichol.

I used the keys and got 2 jade, 1 rab, 1 Silvando and Eric.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So..... the DQ banner trapped me perfectly, as designed.

Went for the 2nd box, got 1 of each of the 4 units and 1 moogle.

Thinking it would be "easy" (I know better than this) to get any dupe of any 7*, I did the step-up. Only one step needed, right?

/sigh

25k later on the worst full step-up rolls ever since the rates went to 5%, I ended up after redeeming all keys and weekly freebies:

Last week's weekend freebie pulls: Hyoh (2)
10+1 : Lulu (8) --> at least that's an ok STMR to have a dupe of.
Premium: Nada
Full Step-Up: Lord of Shadows (1), Mordegon (1), Myra (4)
Extra Keys: Jade (2), Sylvando (2), Rab (2), Erik (2)

So, lemonade out of lemons. Still, I'm tapped out for Black Friday and Christmas, now. I have my units covered for a long time, though, so I think I'm okay with this.

Damage numbers are in on the new units:

-- Reference: King Rain --> ~15b

-- The Lord of Shadows: ~11b
-- Jade: ~12b (she got over-nerfed)
-- Rab: ~14b (a 40-50% power jump over Elena as top hybrid in the game; 2x the damage of Malphasie)
-- Jasper Unbound: ~16b
-- Erik: ~18b (True Dual Wield 6x damage is the difference over King Rain)***

*** Erik's 18b is a bit misleading. He has 2 turns of practically no damage as setup for some obscenely absurd damage. If all of his modifier buffs are up, he actually hits for up to 37b damage a turn for 3 turns before he has to go through the whole rebuffing sequence again.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Chair Rain meant to be built TDH or TDW? I see more TDH on my friends list but I dunno if that's cause people just lack proper TMRs for TDW? Or if they care that much about the extra 100-200 ATK number cause if epeen?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Selling prism moogles at 100% was just reconfirmed to be "safe" recently.
Dupes of base 5* are going to be the most common way... you could also get prisms (e.g. through "cheaper" UoC) to get there. You'll definitely need at least 2 base 5* and 2 prisms. There are "all" STMR moogles but you get tickets for them at a trickle.
Ah got it - thanks.

For now ill just do the Raid boss and use stamina on the FF6 battle against Kefka.
The game has alot of content and im overwhelmed a bit...so ill just stick to the basics for now until ive a better understanding on what to to next/work on.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Chair Rain meant to be built TDH or TDW? I see more TDH on my friends list but I dunno if that's cause people just lack proper TMRs for TDW? Or if they care that much about the extra 100-200 ATK number cause if epeen?

TDH. TDW is useless for his lb and that's the main damage he has. TDH gives him extra variance for that and he has 3 TDH passives in his kit giving him 200% ATK. No TDW passive.

Also, stick as much LB dmg increase gear on him as possible after reaching TDH cap. Besides Squall's STMR, A Lion's Heart, the best ones to use are Heart Overcoming Hatred and War Goddess Insignia for the materia slots, and Erdwin's Coronet (if you have an Eleven), and Esther's Storm Kickers for gear slots.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Q. Question - is Xon still used...and if so on what kind of stages should i bring her along ?
Do you benefit from using multiple of her ? Its been a while and i cant remember on what content she shines.

PS. I really like how chaining moves are labeled now in the battle UI - helps alot figuring out what move to use.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
TDH. TDW is useless for his lb and that's the main damage he has. TDH gives him extra variance for that and he has 3 TDH passives in his kit giving him 200% ATK. No TDW passive.

Also, stick as much LB dmg increase gear on him as possible after reaching TDH cap. Besides Squall's STMR, A Lion's Heart, the best ones to use are Heart Overcoming Hatred and War Goddess Insignia for the materia slots, and Erdwin's Coronet (if you have an Eleven), and Esther's Storm Kickers for gear slots.
Ok thanks, I'm not sure I have most of that LB up stuff... Only 3/4 Squalls too, hmm

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Ok thanks, I'm not sure I have most of that LB up stuff... Only 3/4 Squalls too, hmm

Np. Heart Overcoming Hatred is from a 4* Base unit called Kyanos, and it's almost as good as Squall's. It gives 50% extra LB damage, and Squall's has 55%. And War Goddess' Insignia is obtained from fighting the esper Asura. That gives 30% attack and 30% LB damage increase.