• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
So my core chainers right now Machina and Fayt.

Been researching some tierlists and it seems like Aloha Lasswell has received some buffs that make him a viable DPS units. I have one copy of him so far...would it be worth for me to UOC his prism for his 7* version ?

My 7* Physical chainers:
PG Lasswell
Fayt
Machina
Max

Base 5* i could UOC to 7* with a Prism
Aloha Lasswell
Loren
Sephirot
Kaito
Jecht

So would it make sense to UOC a prism for Aloha Lasswell to 7* him ? I think PG Lasswell and Aloha Lasswell could be my best chaining duo.

Or should I just stick to my current unit and wait for better upcoming DPS ?

People in general seem to be a bit shy when it comes to using UOC tickets for DPS units because of powercreep.

I own 30 Tickets as of now....so spending them on Aloha Lasswell would still leave me with enough to 7* another unit down the line.

Another approach would be getting a Top Tier unit like Sieghard or Galuf
That is able to tank and chain with my PG Lasswell and Machina. Though that would be more expensive with 20tickets since I don't have those units.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
So would it make sense to UOC a prism for Aloha Lasswell to 7* him ? I think PG Lasswell and Aloha Lasswell could be my best chaining duo.

Don't uoc old units. You can always uoc new unit prisms when banner start if you pull something good. -> No more 2 weeks delay in getting banner unit to 7* via uocing prism.
Generally dps are the ones one should avoid uocing (well I did uoc one Chrain). Just go what you have, you never know what you will pull.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Don't uoc old units. You can always uoc new unit prisms when banner start if you pull something good. -> No more 2 weeks delay in getting banner unit to 7* via uocing prism.
Generally dps are the ones one should avoid uocing (well I did uoc one Chrain). Just go what you have, you never know what you will pull.
Okay thanks I'm gonna wait until I pull something better/newer than to UOC another copy.

I'm gonna try out PG Lasswell later and see if he outdamages Fayt otherwise I'm gonna stick with the current rotation.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

In unsurprising fashion, after reducing the price of UoC prisms and making it "easier" to secure a 7*, goomie turns around and makes it more difficult to get the 1st copy. The TL;DR of this probability post is your odds are worse than the pre-"summon fest" era for 25K lapis, even out at ~50K, and are only better at the 72K mark for the banner UoC. Getting to the meat of the post, a couple pointers to keep in mind for what follows:

Don't use Lapis to chase those units. They are not limited, they will be in the pool.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be at home this Thursday/Friday, so in advance, good luck everyone.
The 10k lapis 11 rainbow summons make the trade 5 UoC for 10k lapis totally worth it, but also depends on which units will be there I guess.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Easiest 10k lapis spend of my life honestly. I'm pretty sure it'll be impossible to do that summon and not get a single new unit OR a new 7* OR a new STMR.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely a no-brainer for newer players, and even old players apart from the biggest whales who already have everyone mostly STMR'd.

They're also giving pretty good login rewards, this feels more like an anniversary than that celebration.

Edit: Out of the refined pool for the Rainbow summon, the only units I have STMR are Zeno, Ignacio, Mediena, PG Lasswell and Reberta.

Knowing my luck, i'll get 2 of each of those :P

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish i hadnt pulled on the DQXIS banner for more keys - they got me there was a DQ fan, i have to admit lol. So i wont be able to do the 10k Lapis pull.....still good to see that we are getting such cool events, so i hope ill have more saved up for the next no-brainer deal.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Really wish i hadnt pulled on the DQXIS banner for more keys - they got me there was a DQ fan, i have to admit lol. So i wont be able to do the 10k Lapis pull.....still good to see that we are getting such cool events, so i hope ill have more saved up for the next no-brainer deal.

I have ~1k Lapis. Iam glad that I used 15000 to DQ banner, was lucky so it worked for me. Missing those 11 rainbows is not the end of the world to me. I haven't checked the pool and the stmr I have / don't have.

Its just another banner among others. I see it as we now are in 5% rate era, everything is marginally easier to get than 1 month before so it doesn't feel bad at all to not pull from that banner.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Pulled a 4*EX ticket I got from daily log in and out popped Mordegon... I didn't even know you could get limited banner units from EX tickets

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
That 11 rainbow summon with reduced pool is very tempting. Sadly, I have 2000ish lapis left after the FFVI + DQ banners so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for any of y'all that are gonna pull. Hope you get what you need.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone has a link for a short recap of the Story until now ? Ive forgotten alot of things and would like to refresh my memory about the Story Arcs so far again.
I have ~1k Lapis. Iam glad that I used 15000 to DQ banner, was lucky so it worked for me. Missing those 11 rainbows is not the end of the world to me. I haven't checked the pool and the stmr I have / don't have.

Its just another banner among others. I see it as we now are in 5% rate era, everything is marginally easier to get than 1 month before so it doesn't feel bad at all to not pull from that banner.
Cool that it worked out for you, i would have been better off if i held off. The combination of being a DQ fan and not quite understanding the boxing system/gacha early on didnt result in the best outcome lol.
Ended up with 7* Serena and 7*Veronica....when all i wanted was Eleven - sadly only a single copy of him.

Also didnt realize that this banner or the DQ units werent completely new so when finding out that the Raid Moogles were only useful for the Box No 2 units like Erik was a bummer.

Especially for someone that has been gone for a while that 10k Lapis pull seems amazing, could really help me out in terms of newer meta units.

Looking at the mape, last stage i cleared was Rilakka Grasslands - maybe i can farm enough stones from Story and what else we get to do the 10k pull before its gone.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Ended up with 7* Serena and 7*Veronica....when all i wanted was Eleven - sadly only a single copy of him.

Well.
Be glad that you got Veronica. Then hope that you pull some nice new mage.

Veronica tm is badass for Mages.

Increase MAG (40%)
Increase equipment MAG (50%) when single wielding any weapon

Unstackable materia: Only one materia equippable at a time, but the effect itself does stack with other effects of the same type.

This means, you had to pull the unit to moogle that tm.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone has a link for a short recap of the Story until now ? Ive forgotten alot of things and would like to refresh my memory about the Story Arcs so far again.

Especially for someone that has been gone for a while that 10k Lapis pull seems amazing, could really help me out in terms of newer meta units.

Looking at the mape, last stage i cleared was Rilakka Grasslands - maybe i can farm enough stones from Story and what else we get to do the 10k pull before its gone.
Bummer about the DQ units - a prism for Eleven could be available from the trust coin shop in a few months, so hope is not entirely lost.

It looks like you left off in late Season 2 Chapter 4; there are 6 chapters since then and each has between 4000 and 6000 lapis; you can definitely get more than 10K lapis from the story.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Well.
Be glad that you got Veronica. Then hope that you pull some nice new mage.

Veronica tm is badass for Mages.

This means, you had to pull the unit to moogle that tm.
Okay thats indeed a kickass TM, was disappointed about not getting Eleven that i kinda glossed over Veronica and her TM.
Def. gonna use the TM on my next meta mage.
Bummer about the DQ units - a prism for Eleven could be available from the trust coin shop in a few months, so hope is not entirely lost.

It looks like you left off in late Season 2 Chapter 4; there are 6 chapters since then and each has between 4000 and 6000 lapis; you can definitely get more than 10K lapis from the story.
Perfection,
gonna go through the story this weekend if i have enough time and farm Lapis for the 10k pull.
Thats a really high estimate, didnt expect so many Lapis from 6 Chapters...but its been a while since ive played the game...whatever gets me over 10k - ill take it xD

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Quick Peek is in:

I wonder what Kurasame's enhancements do to help his damage output. I loved using him when he was released.

Okay thats indeed a kickass TM, was disappointed about not getting Eleven that i kinda glossed over Veronica and her TM.
Def. gonna use the TM on my next meta mage.

Don't sleep on Veronica either. She's 4th right now in terms of magic damage after Operative Zyrus, Kimono Fina and Mordegon.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
You guys think if I do the 10 k lapis rainbows later I will still be good for when Dark Fina CG comes along? I've got 60k lapis. I want to kinda get Tsukiko's stmr too so I'm praying for my last copy tomorrow.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
You guys think if I do the 10 k lapis rainbows later I will still be good for when Dark Fina CG comes along? I've got 60k lapis. I want to kinda get Tsukiko's stmr too so I'm praying for my last copy tomorrow.
that's still 50k Lapis left in the bank, I can hardly see a reason not to pull on this.
It might turn out worse than what I hoped for but the chances to get a missing STMR or 7* is so much higher than on any other banner with no or just one guaranteed rainbow, so in my eyes it is just a pretty good deal... and those are pretty rare.

If Tsukiko is the only unit you desire, best of luck with your free pulls and 5* star tickets, I think the 11 rainbow pull will be available on monday/tuesday, so there is still time to get lucky before!

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
gonna go through the story this weekend if i have enough time and farm Lapis for the 10k pull.
Thats a really high estimate, didnt expect so many Lapis from 6 Chapters...but its been a while since ive played the game...whatever gets me over 10k - ill take it xD
Yeah - each chapter contains 2-3 parts, and those parts each have ~2000 lapis. The rate being higher in Palladia story helps a lot - you're looking at 80 lapis for most stages, 200 for the final of each area.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Gah of course iOS gets the shaft again. Hope this extended maintenance doesn't take too long. I was looking forward to check out eKurasame and the Kefka SBB. :(

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Free multi resulted in my first Kunishira. The 5* ticket in my 2nd Citra - so she is 7* ready now, though no one seems to care about Summoners anymore and i dont even have Bahamut unlocked...so yeah doubt ill use her.

Don't sleep on Veronica either. She's 4th right now in terms of magic damage after Operative Zyrus, Kimono Fina and Mordegon.

Thanks,
thats a good point - especially considering the likelihood of me pulling two copies of better mages anytime soon. If she is a Top 5 mage right now thats good enough for me + i she is one of my faves in XI so thats another plus.

Managed to pull a single copies of Mordegon and new CG Terra....who knows when i will be able to 7* them.
Yeah - each chapter contains 2-3 parts, and those parts each have ~2000 lapis. The rate being higher in Palladia story helps a lot - you're looking at 80 lapis for most stages, 200 for the final of each area.
Sweet - gonna get those Lapis for sure :-D
Story Island being half stamina makes it even better.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
the two 5* ticket got me my fifth Yuna and fifth Morgana, the free 10+1 was 1g10b... yup that's fine!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Annoyed about the iOS crap happening yet again. Tried logging on my kindle and emu too and both got the iOS error messsage, so no FFBE for me

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
What was the longest iOS outage that happened a year or two ago? Was it down for days?? I don't remember exactly but that shit pissed me off. They tried to give iOS players compensation but anybody with an emulator could get it too, so it was just like a week of iOS users getting fucked. I really hope that doesn't happen again, but the indefinite nature of this outage has me real worried. And pissed, can't forget about pissed.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
That was last year in March. Iirc it was ~2 days of maintenance.

I'm not sure how publishing on the App Store works exactly but couldn't they just pre-approve the app *before* maintenance? You'd think after the first time this happened, they'd take precautions.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what happened, but after the update I'm missing like 15k lapis. The only summons I've done are the friend points summons and the free 10+1. They better fix this shit

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit you guys I think I just discovered a workaround for iOS users so they can at least log in on an emulator... Somebody locked out please try this and let me know if it works.

You need to use the FFBE Equip/Sync add on for Chrome to log in to the game thru facebook

That basically resets my "last logged in via ios" status somehow and let me log into my account on an emulator. Currently logged in on Memu and downloading a massive patch cause I haven't launched thru here in a long ass time, but I'm pretty sure it's working and I can at least log in and play....

edit: it worked, logged in and using my raid orbs up!

edit 2: nm, there's an issue.... As soon as i tried to load into the raid the app crashed, restarted, long ass load time, went to resume quest, crashed again, so I think it won't let you actually do battles... I'm gonna see if I can at least do some summons

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I've got all this NYC live stream event garbage in my materials inventory, I assume this was some bullshit I missed cause Gumi hid it behind 50 layers of menus and now these are garbage I can just sell?

pN1SVDb.png

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Free 10+1 10 blues one gold. Lol. Gonna be saving my 5* tickets for when Dark Fina CG comes around though.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Free 10+1 was nothing special, my two G5 tickets gave me my 4th Fitra and my first Yego, and the ticket from the compensation came down rainbow on the Olive and Xon banner, and it was a random Mastermind Xon.

I'm sharing him now in Event 1.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Compensation for the iOS lockout was 700 Lapis, a bunch of NRG bottles and 1 rare ticket, that's pretty nice.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Contemplating a single step of the new GLEX banner on a hope and a prayer that I can snag a new Xon. Any more than that and I wouldn't be able to do the 11 rainbow pull on Monday... OG Xon might be the only 4 star base unit I still use on a very regular basis and would love an upgrade... Hmmmm. I can basically already feel the disappointment and I haven't even pulled it yet

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I ended up doing that 4k... I didn't get the Xon I wanted which stinks BUT I got the new Galuf and a Sol, and both of those were new units. Only need like 1200 more lapis to do a 2nd pull on this step up. Time to go scavenge!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
God my luck... After getting my first Galuf yesterday on the step up, a random 3 star EX ticket just dropped a 2nd one, so I guess I'm building Galuf now

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
God my luck... After getting my first Galuf yesterday on the step up, a random 3 star EX ticket just dropped a 2nd one, so I guess I'm building Galuf now
Damn nice! I kinda wanted Galuf but no luck, guess I'll go for WoL.
His 4* carried me for a long time a short while after the game's launch, so it's like a nostalgia unit haha.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You werent kidding - reached my 10k Lapis at Magitek Weapon Production Factory and still have some content left. Gonna leave it at that for now, looking forward to that 10 pull now.

I would like to pull any Top Tier Phy Chainer, Charlotte, Galuf, Lenna or Sieghard. Any of these things would be a win.
Or in general 2nd copies of base 5* i already own like Awakened Rain, HT Lid or Loren.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to clear Asura Esper, took 3 tries before I got the rotation right. Then cleared it in 7 turns and forgot to cast Ice damage. Redid it in 8 turns, nice fight when one gets rotation right and as it was 15 nrg per try it didnt feel bad either.

Hitsuka Thanks for Chrain.

Screenshot_20191130-154523.png
Screenshot_20191130-154552.png