• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to clear Asura Esper, took 3 tries before I got the rotation right. Then cleared it in 7 turns and forgot to cast Ice damage. Redid it in 8 turns, nice fight when one gets rotation right and as it was 15 nrg per try it didnt feel bad either.

Hitsuka Thanks for Chrain.

Screenshot_20191130-154523.png
Screenshot_20191130-154552.png
Congrats on the clear - man really good to see your Wilhelm still putting in that work.
Wouldnt mind pulling a 2nd copy of him as well.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to clear Asura Esper, took 3 tries before I got the rotation right. Then cleared it in 7 turns and forgot to cast Ice damage. Redid it in 8 turns, nice fight when one gets rotation right and as it was 15 nrg per try it didnt feel bad either.

Hitsuka Thanks for Chrain.

Screenshot_20191130-154523.png
Screenshot_20191130-154552.png
Rixa help me I've been throwing stamina at this for weeks and I can't figure it out

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Rixa help me I've been throwing stamina at this for weeks and I can't figure it out

Make sure your Chrain is TDH. Loan my CHrain, its about as good as it can be to this fight.

See the enemy pattern:

Use aoe reraise at turn 3 (LMFina is good for this trial).

Follow the "Optimal rotation" Maximum Damage.
Burst Asura with 2x CHrain LB to 19% (hard stop).
When Asura is at 19% at first turn it does only "Vengeful Stance".
-> If you can't kill it next turn (after Vengeful Stance), be sure to AOE reraise and then kill it next turn after that.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Make sure your Chrain is TDH. Loan my CHrain, its about as good as it can be to this fight.

See the enemy pattern:

Use aoe reraise at turn 3 (LMFina is good for this trial).

Follow the "Optimal rotation" Maximum Damage.
Burst Asura with 2x CHrain LB to 19% (hard stop).
When Asura is at 19% at first turn it does only "Vengeful Stance".
-> If you can't kill it next turn (after Vengeful Stance), be sure to AOE reraise and then kill it next turn after that.
Alriiight I've been lookin at that page for hours and it's just so much information I needed it explained to me in simple terms I keep dying to wack full party KO attacks. I been trying to bring Yuna for the esper summon mission but she's a suckass healer nowadays I can bring Aeris or CG Fina instead for the AoE reraise instead. Do you dispel/break it on any turns or just aoe reraise to counter the BS??

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Do you dispel/break it on any turns or just aoe reraise to counter the BS??
Kryla sometimes dispels and and does some break. I didn't give fucks to esper missions, its like 10% moogle. There are some turns where dispel is not needed and I focused to get those do xx damage (Kryla & WKN).

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Asura can be very hard, forgot how I cleared but what I remember that it was super messy, good luck LiQuid!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I've got an STMR moogle burning a hole in my pocket and I wanna use it on something. I'm thinking maybe Chair Rain's STMR sword would be the biggest boost to him for me right now (currently using Squall's TMR sword and it's pretty outclassed) but it's not a very versatile option.

Other options I got are AI Katy's upgrade package thing that seems like one of those super useful, slot efficient and versatile items that would be nice to have but I'm not sure it actively powers up any of my characters right now (ran tests on a couple of my mages and they seem to want my higher raw MAG accessories instead).

I'm bad at doing the math and theorycraft builds in this game so I'm not sure that option is best. Anybody got any ideas? I'm gonna do the 11 rainbow pull and see what I get STMR-wise and if no better option pops up I think I'mma go for Chrain or AI Katy.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ayy got Asura finally, thanks Rixa! Only missed casting Anima, but I didn't want to stall an extra turn after the 19% threshold and risk wiping when I had the easy kill in front of me. Since it's half stamina I might do it again for yuks and completionism, but you're right it's only a 5% moogle I don't need that at all

Bless the people that create those optimal rotations. I never would have been able to put that together on my own. These dps characters are getting more and more complicated

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Bless the people that create those optimal rotations. I never would have been able to put that together on my own. These dps characters are getting more and more complicated

Grats! I had to keep the optimal rotation page up all the time. Its crazy how complicated things are, doesn't help that ingame info is not at all helpful. Need to rely exteral pages for more info... Not sure if its 5% or 10% moogle, but doesn't make any difference.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You werent kidding - reached my 10k Lapis at Magitek Weapon Production Factory and still have some content left. Gonna leave it at that for now, looking forward to that 10 pull now.

I would like to pull any Top Tier Phy Chainer, Charlotte, Galuf, Lenna or Sieghard. Any of these things would be a win.
Or in general 2nd copies of base 5* i already own like Awakened Rain, HT Lid or Loren.
Correction - i figured i would be able to earn enough Lapis from the let Story stages to do the 10k pull while finishing my DQ Step Up Summon.

Did the final two multis on the DQ banner (all trash) - but from the Keys i got Eleven No. 2 and Erik No.1.

So i can now 7* Eleven, Veronica and Serena - perfect, also having Eriks TM.

Gonna make Eleven my main DPS, once i figured what kind of gear he needs.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Correction - i figured i would be able to earn enough Lapis from the let Story stages to do the 10k pull while finishing my DQ Step Up Summon.

Did the final two multis on the DQ banner (all trash) - but from the Keys i got Eleven No. 2 and Erik No.1.

So i can now 7* Eleven, Veronica and Serena - perfect, also having Eriks TM.

Gonna make Eleven my main DPS, once i figured what kind of gear he needs.
Nice!
Kinda wants Lord of Shadows but he'll probably come back when they get buffed to JP level, if not I won't be mad.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Did my All Rainbow pull....quite happy with it even though I didn't really pull anyone I wanted before hand and I don't know a couple of the units ....

- CG Sakura No.4
My 2nd STMR ever incoming if its a good one.
- Warrior if Light Krile (new)
Cool ....I guess ?
- Ignis (new)
Not the biggest XV fan...so meh.
- Fryevia (new)
Nice
- Tsukiko (new)
Cool I guess ? Don't know her.
- Dark Knight Leon (new)
Cool.
- Rivera (new)
Don't know the unit.
- CG Hope No. 2
Another potential 7*
- HT Lid No. 2
Yessss....a unit I actually wanted, can't wait to check out her 7* version
- Morgana (new)
Don't know her.
- Yuffie (new)
Cool....but again only a single base 5* isn't cutting it anymore.

Will have to check out the TMR on some of those units later....hope there is some useful stuff among them.

Best if luck on your pulls !!!

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Today's haul was:

10+1 ticket: Duke #1

10k 11 Rainbows: Malph #3, LM Fina #5, Shadow #1, Circe #4, ExDeath #1, Raegen #1, Tsukiko #3, Hyoh #5, Krile #1, Nalu #2, DKL #1

27 3* and 4 4* tickets: Shanttoto #2, Zyrus #1, Aiden #1-2

Attacker Banner: Sabin 7* +STMR

11 Rainbows pull was pretty meh, but made out great on tickets and got the STMR I wanted most from the Attacker banner. Shame Sabin was the only Rainbow on it, had to throw away some pulls with multiple ones since they were junk.

Got about 39.5k lapis left, saving it for WoL and Christmas, then saving for Luna and Noctis.

Still looking to pick up Kaito and Firion STMRs, have 0 of each unit and they're by far my most wanted gear now. Regina's STMR would be nice too and I have 0 of her. Also still need another Malph, Fid, and Lenna.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
11bb0f92-d117-4123-b5k0jkc.png

Second Golbez STMR, already had Sieghard STMR and need one more for the second, new Fry STMR and 3rd Vincent.
Nothing groundbreaking, finally 7* Yuraisha but I'm doing fine with Nichol.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
y4eekPm.png

The dupes:
jecht #2 - aeris #6 - esther #5 - a.rain #3 - zack #2 - citra #4 - Nalu #2

Yeah, I hate this pull. The only new 7 stars are mostly unusable (or at least unneeded) damage dealers. The only new STMR is one of the most highly niche items that I'll probably never use. The new units all have pretty disappointing TMRs as well. Don't see myself using any of this stuff. I have probably 1 or 2 dozen units that are 1 pull away from getting an STMR and almost all of them would have been more useful than Citra or most of those pulls

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Well, I tried linking my 11 Rainbow image, but I believe one of the sprites set off Imgur nudity warning...

1 - Dark Knight Leon (New)
2 - Akstar (New)
3 - Red XIII (New)
4 - WoD Galuf (New)
5 - Summer Fina & Lidd (New & Lewd)
6 - Citra (New)
7 - Livid Shantotto (Second)
8 - Reberta (
9 - WoL Bartz (New)
10 - Monk Sabin of Kolts (Second)
11 - WoD Galuf (Second)

Pretty happy overall, WoD Galuf is neat, though I do have Wilhelm already but he looks like a sizeable upgrade over him.

Shantotto is not very good, but I love her character so happy either way. And believe she's pretty useful for Story events.

Reberta/Sabin don't seem to be too useful as I already have Hyoh

Can't complain overall!

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I will probably just save my tickets. I have too many units waiting to be converted to 7* but not enough money to convert them. I am out of inventory space.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
11-pull got me 3 STMRs, 1 7*. Notables:

Shadow Lord STMR (meh, already have better ones)
Mediena STMR (pretty good, not sure who would use it though)
Sylvie STMR (decent elemental shield)
Sieghard (2nd), so finally an upgrade to Wilhelm/MRamza
WoL Krile (first)

Less notables but still decent I guess:
Citra (3rd)
Charlotte (3rd)
Citra+Folka (3rd)
5th Yuraisha & 5th Onion Refia

10+1 got me nothing useful.

I did get the new Xon from spending some tickets on the banner... not super interested in pursuing him though.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
I got

Aerith #3 and #4
High Seraph Ultima #3
Kimono Fina #1
Kimono Ayaka #1
Reberta #4
CG Charlotte #6
Folka #5
Warrior of Dawn Galuf #1
Aurora Freyvia #1
Freyvia #1

I dont know much about this pull except for the fact that I got Aerith and Reberta's STMR

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to pass up that banner. My results:

DK Leon
Dressy Aileen (3rd)
Cid (FFBE)
Folka (5th)
Summer Fina Lid
Kimono Ayaka (2nd)
Olive (4th)
WoL Krile
Myra (2nd)
Vincent (2nd)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Since I had only 4k, decided to pull from A/Z banner. Got Sieghard (2nd) and Mediena (5th).
So after using Willysan 2½ years, I decided its time to move on. Missing 6 from DEF pots and ~400 HP pots.

Screenshot_20191202-201830.png

Right...

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Since I had only 4k, decided to pull from A/Z banner. Got Sieghard (2nd) and Mediena (5th).
So after using Willysan 2½ years, I decided its time to move on. Missing 6 from DEF pots and ~400 HP pots.

Right...

Nice! I'll be looking forward to something seeing that once I find the time to fully enhance my new Sieg too. All the summoning + unit cleanup + STMRing takes up a lot of time. Maybe it's time to work towards some trials once there's fewer stuff to catch up on.

I actually spent some tickets on that banner myself and got a Circe and Nagi, so yeah... hurray for off-banners.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh had a 4 star ticket from finally getting around to Anima 3 star and broke into a rainbow. It was Agent Olive instead of the Xon I wanted but I can't complain

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get BF Zyrus for the TM, used 7 normal, 1 4* then decided to use a 10% one and got him. Thankfully it wasn't another Kefka.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I got my first Esther from one of the 3* EX tickets today... luck on my past 10 tickets or so has been crazy good, even though none of the rainbows have benefited me much (until this one).
Not going to use her, but her storm kickers will be excellent for my KRain.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I finally got an OG Cloud off a 5* EX ticket this morning!! I know he's old news but he's my all time favorite so that was just about the happiest way for me to start the day :)

I also did a step on the MXon banner hoping for a dupe since I got one copy of him off a ticket. That single pull netted me FIVE rainbows (none of which were Xon of course). Got Regina #2, Aerith #3, Squall #3, DK Luneth #3, and Sylvie #3. Inching ever closer to a few more STMRs.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got an OG Cloud off a 5* EX ticket this morning!! I know he's old news but he's my all time favorite so that was just about the happiest way for me to start the day :)

I also did a step on the MXon banner hoping for a dupe since I got one copy of him off a ticket. That single pull netted me FIVE rainbows (none of which were Xon of course). Got Regina #2, Aerith #3, Squall #3, DK Luneth #3, and Sylvie #3. Inching ever closer to a few more STMRs.
Congrats! 2nd Regina is an awesome pull if you don't have a decent finisher. You can pretty much put raids on repeat.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping to get 1 zyrus from the new banner but wasnt meant to be. Ended up getting quite a few rainbows, stmr's for cg nichol, seaside nichol and regina. Did get 2nd dr aiden though!

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
So will Erik and the others get their prisms added to the Trust Coin pool? I pulled one of him with my 5 keys and wondered if I can get his prism with Trust Coins later on or if I'm screwed lest I get more keys

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I have such a massive stable of meta healers, but man do I still wish I had a 2nd Myra to 7 star her. Is there any other healer that has a mix of healing + buff abilities as she does? And then she has a fire imperil on top of that, she seems tailor made to support a set of Chrains.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the "vengeful" style event is here...
If you have a Regina and some decent gear, it's possible to set her up as your recurring team member and use espers to complement (or if you can swap in different e.g. 50-65% DEF breakers, you have a bit more leeway on your Regina)
(some more info here)
If anyone's struggling with the initial clear of the event, I can set up my Regina as a friend unit.
Haven't cracked the story event. Last week I forgot to even do my red quartz... still have plenty for now.

/edit: Regina worked for all but one of my tries, and on the last one I just did her LB the following round. Went fine.

Got Doctor Aiden from the 5* guaranteed, so at least it's a useful TM.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Well, the "vengeful" style event is here...
If you have a Regina and some decent gear, it's possible to set her up as your recurring team member and use espers to complement (or if you can swap in different e.g. 50-65% DEF breakers, you have a bit more leeway on your Regina)
(some more info here)
If anyone's struggling with the initial clear of the event, I can set up my Regina as a friend unit.
Haven't cracked the story event. Last week I forgot to even do my red quartz... still have plenty for now.

/edit: Regina worked for all but one of my tries, and on the last one I just did her LB the following round. Went fine.

Got Doctor Aiden from the 5* guaranteed, so at least it's a useful TM.

Grats :). Ill use Regina with Toxic Shotgun equipped Alexander 3* and Kryla Impending Doom & Calamity Brew and swap 3 other slots.
This combo does 200 - 255m damage.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
God I loooove picking up a Chrain off my friends list, getting into the fight finding out he doesn't have triple cast, check his gear and yep, no TMR or STMR equipped... but then the good part check the unit and he actually has the TMR and STMR unlocked! But no, I guess that IW'd out buster sword or your storm bunny outfit gets that epeen number up just a few point higher! Let's stick with that!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that was exceptionally easy with Chrain, most fights were 1 turn KO depending on how good the friend Rain was. My 5 star ticket was a new unit! Unfortunately it was Aranea, but hey I got to use one of those 100% TMR moogles I've been holding onto for like 2 years!

Oh and I got a Summer Folka & Citra off a random 3 star EX ticket, which is another new unit. Anybody else actually been feeling the increased rate? I feel like I've been getting way more rainbows off my 3 star tickets lately. About a week ago I had three 3 star EX tickets randomly, pulled them and 2 came down rainbow.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to do the 25 character event, I have a Regina setup, my Id. is 122,944,657.

.n_n.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was exceptionally easy with Chrain, most fights were 1 turn KO depending on how good the friend Rain was. My 5 star ticket was a new unit! Unfortunately it was Aranea, but hey I got to use one of those 100% TMR moogles I've been holding onto for like 2 years!

Oh and I got a Summer Folka & Citra off a random 3 star EX ticket, which is another new unit. Anybody else actually been feeling the increased rate? I feel like I've been getting way more rainbows off my 3 star tickets lately. About a week ago I had three 3 star EX tickets randomly, pulled them and 2 came down rainbow.

I've gotten something like 3 rainbows off the last ~15 3* EX tickets... so yes, but only on those and not on banner tickets or 10+1s, so far.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Another easy bonus stage. Put on death resist on a provoker for first fight and dont use fire 2nd fight.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I've gotten something like 3 rainbows off the last ~15 3* EX tickets... so yes, but only on those and not on banner tickets or 10+1s, so far.
Yup. I got rainbow from ex 3* today, b->g-->r -> Orlandooo. I could do 7* now but I prefer 2x 5* lvl 1.

Another easy bonus stage. Put on death resist on a provoker for first fight and dont use fire 2nd fight.

Thanks for the tip. I don't like too hard ex stages cause its still 90 nrg.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I have got some equipment that I can not for the life of me figure out how to sell... Like it doesn't show up in the list when I'm trying to sell stuff. Now I know that units can be equipped in a bunch of weird places, and I thought I knew them all but I MUST be missing one... I've recalled all my expedition units, unequipped them all. Did the unequip all button from the party config menu, so everything started from empty. Went to arena and unequipped everybody there. Went to 10 man trials and unequipped everybody there. Went to Item world and unequipped everybody there (though it basically starts with everybody unequipped now anyways). I think that's everything I've tried. It's not even items that I would have equipped on anybody AFAIK. It's just some crappy platinum armor that you can buy from a season 2 vendor now and I want it GONE. Somebody help what am I missing??

EDIT: COMPANION SETTINGS!!!!!

Last edited:

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Glad you found it, and that's a good tip, I'm pretty sure I had some equipment driving me crazy like that some time ago and didn't think about the companions. I eventually gave up.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Someone calculate how long we have had % tickets. I have 0 rainbows from them and I have used quite a lot of those 10% / 20% tickets.
This time I got Aiden. It was that 3* version :).

But I do like the difficulty level of Extra Stages, they aint too hard but hard enough that you need to build a team. I think this was first time I got all 9 rewards at one go.

Screenshot_20191207-193930.png
Screenshot_20191207-195727.png
Screenshot_20191207-200814.png