• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Happy New Year guys, may the Gacha gods smile upon you!
CG WoL is finally here, which means I can use my EXs, including 10 5* EX and 4 5+1 / 8 10+1
Rainbows I got before pulling on the banner :
Cloud, Yego, CG Dark Fina, Livid Shantotto, Chocobo Fina, Beowulf, Akstar, Kurasama, Folka, Aileen, Hyoh, Jecht, Edgar, Tifa, Gladio, Hyoh, Sylvie.

Dunno how much are new / if I got STMR, will look onto that later. CG Dark Fina is definitely new though.

Edit : 7* AWoL took me 2 10%, 13 4* and 34 tickets. Got a second Karlette in the process, my double Golbez team get stronger still.

Last edited:

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Happy New Year all! Hope you all had a good one :)

Today's Daily Summon was a bit of a surprise...Rainbow...Awakened Warrior of Light! :O That was incredibly lucky and I can't actually remember the last time I got a Rainbow on a daily, maybe really early in 2019. I'll be making good use of the unit once I get a second, might use up a few hoarded tickets, if not, I've not used a UoC ticket in a very long time.

I managed to grind my way through both Christmas events to get all rewards too. Stuck with ELT on the Elf one by using Elena, I had to use up a hell of a lot of NRG pots though but wanted that 5* ticket. Last couple of days I've been trying to follow this video for Scorn of the Machina of Destruction but something always goes wrong at round 12 or 13 where either MS Nichol or Gladiolus get killed (from Core Laser) and then it gets a bit messy after that. Going to keep trying though...(using that guide as I've got all of those units and abilities awakened too).

Think I'm going to buy the New Year's 2020 All Rainbow summon after I use up all the Elf event box Summons :).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice that you can just spam AWoL LB every wave and be done with the stage, now if only I had 4 4* WoL to fill my team.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Tel Fulsanis is a nightmare if you're using counter tanks lol. I thought maybe WKN would be more chill than Charlotte but he still took ages to calm down.

67-E8-E777-EA40-4675-AAB7-5-DEAE615896-D.png

Lenna was my full evade passive provoker cos I figured her counter heals would come in handy, and it ended up working really well.

I need to go back and re-clear it because I totally forgot to summon Carbuncle. Fun fight though.

PSA - if you're using Lenna and have her do Mystical Telluric Waters after you defeat the first boss it'll still cast at the end of the turn and you start the second fight with AoE 60 MP.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I literally can not play the game.

I purchased lapis this morning. It went through without issue.

I have been completing the SE today. I came back to it after lunch and the game kicked me into the complete lapis purchasing process and now I have endless connecting errors (wifi and Cellular both have the same issue).

Seriously, not sure what I can do.

EDIT: Tried a data download restore, no dice. Is there any real benefit to a complete uninstall if the data download restore did nothing?

Last edited:

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I have been completing the SE today. I came back to it after lunch and the game kicked me into the complete lapis purchasing process and now I have endless connecting errors (wifi and Cellular both have the same issue).

EDIT: Tried a data download restore, no dice. Is there any real benefit to a complete uninstall if the data download restore did nothing?

For me, on Android, what I do is:

Settings > Apps > FFBE > Force Stop (stop the app from running) and then Storage > Memory > Clear Cache. Then launch the App.

Not sure the Apple version of all that.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How does this team sound to you guys for the new Super Boss?

CG Charlotte
Warrior of Light Lenna
Summer Lid and Fina
Ignacio (Geared for 100% evade and 100% passive provoke)
CG Noctis + CG Notcis Friend

Do I need to gear party members any particular way to survive? I believe I heard disease resist and dark resist are good?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Were you in a mission? For me it helps to choose to clear the quest data when I reconnect.

Otherwise the game gets into a loop of trying to send you to the purchase screen even though you're actually in a mission, which will never succeed.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Were you in a mission? For me it helps to choose to clear the quest data when I reconnect.

Otherwise the game gets into a loop of trying to send you to the purchase screen even though you're actually in a mission, which will never succeed.
Yeah, halfway through a SE stage. Just got sidetracked after a cell phone call...

Assuming it lets me, maybe cancelling the mission will do the trick, I'll try it. It's only NRG

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Guaranteed 11 rainbows got me:
5th Choco Fina (I had none before december; her STMR was pretty nice to get the other day, though)
1st White Lily DF (since I just got 7* Mtek Terra, I might just UoC a dupe since it appears she's mega-buffed?)
Tifa STMR (bleh)
Aeris STMR (meh, maybe useful if I broke out Choco Fina)
pretty much nothing else of value; 2nd Auron, 1st Leon, 2nd Lunera IIRC...

I'm still playing, but life events prevent me from checking Era and Reddit as much; it's probably a good thing.

I also managed to finish off the Chamber of Arms, Gilga trial, and Asura... all super easy with Elena, Edgar, and autoprovoke Sieg.

Getting 7* Edgar and Mtek Terra the past few weeks has really been awesome; Edgar's LB is fantastic for several reasons, and both are fun characters to use.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview

Finally got around to this after a really crappy couple days in FGO and FFBE. My pulls were damned atrocious.

474 pulls in FGO, had been saving since March - 1 Hokusai.

A lot of tickets, the daily, and all 5 steps in FFBE on WoL - my only non-guaranteed Rainbow was Kaito #1 and the only WoL I got was the guaranteed one.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
^^
Man your luck Sean :(. It was so brutal to see those pulls in Discord.

Guaranteed 11 rainbows got me:

At first I thought mine sucked a lot as I noticed yet another Jeik & Lolwell in pull.

Screenshot_20200102-145116.png

Then again I started to look amounts of units I have from those.
3rd Machina, 7th LolWell, 4th Reagan, 1st Locke, 5th LMFina, 4th ARain, 4th HTLid, 3rd Bignacio, 1st DK Leon, 7th Jeik, 5th Mediena.

So grabbed 2 nice stmr and will do HTLid stmr too.
I was secretly hoping for more units I don't have (Charlotte) and 2nd Elena but alas those didn't happen. Definitely could been worse, like yours was, just awful.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Week has been busy. Lots of pulls, Cactuar Fusing, and trial attempts.

The new super hard trial was challenging for sure. I beat it. Rank 699 Exellus.

My team was:

CG Charlotte
Ignacio
CG Noctis
7* Lenna
Summer Lid and Fina
Sylvie

All my own units.

I made it harder than it needed to be, but yeah.

Ignacio was 100 passive provoke and evade and Sylvie had Summer Whip. All missions complete.

This week also managed to pull a CG WoL using tickets and then just UoC'd for his prism. He's sitting pretty fat right now. 28k HP and 1900 DEF.

Not sure the next unit I go for. Probably skipping CG Cecil and going for Madame Edel, unless some GL unit comes along that's super impressive, or Alphonse Elric. But hard to say.

Outlook is:

Madame Edel
FFX-2 Rikku
Odin Reagan
Alexander Charlotte

Those are the biggest, plus any surprises of course.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, FFBE ERA! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and everyone that wanted CG WoL got him! Like Kouri, he's the man I've been waiting for and now that I have him I think I'm set until Rikku from X-2 which makes it a funny coincidence that one of you just asked about her haha As Kouri said, she's a meta breaker when she hits that can do some damage as well but namely she'll be an upgrade to whatever breaker you've been using until then.

In other more important FFBE news to me, CG Squall finally came out in Japan!!!! but more importantly, they did him justice, FFVIII fam! They did him justice!!!! FINALLY Squall gets the treatment he deserves and he sits atop the meta of physical damage dealers with CG AC Cloud! Adding to my excitement, he's a LB damage unit that has an even easier rotation than Esther and King Rain! Since Esther and King Rain are the latest two damagers I pulled for, I've already been accruing LB damage increase gear so I'll be ready for Squall when he hits in a million years. Maybe he'll get bumped a little early like Noctis did, who knows?
They also brought Seifer in with him :) Although that means two rainbows which will make it tougher to get all the Squalls I want but I'd want a 7* Seifer anyway. Seifer is a physical DPS with a lot of built-in physical evasion. Then there's Quistis as the free 7* unit that we'll get the same way as the Garland you can snag right now. Lastly, the 4* unit is Raijin and Fujin and they are also the special bonus enemy for the MK event :D

Ahhhh I'm so excited they finally brought a second FFVIII banner out! It just kills me how long I'll have to wait until it comes here :( Squall's strength will sustain me.. Hopefully they'll do an FFVIII Raid for the next raid event as we still need Selphie, Irvine, Laguna, Kiros, Ward, Ultimecia and maybe even Edea in the game. Just pump out a couple more VIII events around the same time frame to get all the units in the game like you did with FFVII, Altina! (or whatever the JP developer name is). It would be lame if we don't get Ulty before the inevitable CG Antagonist wave since all the other mainlines have their villain in the game already. There's the FFVII AC antagonist in the game FFS so c'mon, get the other mainline big baddies in already.

Anyway, I'm now far far more excited for the future of the game with a proper version of my favorite character in the pipeline. Now the question is when will we start up Season 3 of the story on Global?

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
I have a lore-related question regarding a character that's currently only available in the Japanese version of the game, so this might be considered a huge spoiler:

Is Frostlord meant to be this universe's version of Gilgamesh?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So did they remove tickets from King Mog? I appreciate the two 5 star tickets but does this mean i'll have to be lucky/do trials and stuff for more tickets? Better start saving more lapis for next meta unit I guess.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
So did they remove tickets from King Mog? I appreciate the two 5 star tickets but does this mean i'll have to be lucky/do trials and stuff for more tickets? Better start saving more lapis for next meta unit I guess.
You get a couple from the event point rewards but a scant few compared to how many we used to be able to buy from the MK. Welcome to FFBE in 2020, Gumi giveth and Gumi taketh

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I have a lore-related question regarding a character that's currently only available in the Japanese version of the game, so this might be considered a huge spoiler:

Is Frostlord meant to be this universe's version of Gilgamesh?

From what I understand, yes but
he's not the FF canon Gilgamesh, but a different one who was originally from Paladia.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Finally a raid, praise be to Yevon.
I'm sitting at a hot 1.9 mil gil right now, and these KM events don't drop maps anymore.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Need a new physical damage dealer, Zeno is starting to show his age, CG OK should be next month right. Don't like Madam Edel sprite.
Wait, isn't Onion Slice the chain family that constantly break? I'll have to look into that. Might just wait for the next GLEX.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember last year we talked about FFBE not doing fan service and yet here's a new CG unit.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
who is this character? Is she a "fan favorite" that has been CG'd like charlotte? I had thought this game was full of this type of fan service already, especially in the CGs.
Feels like a season 3 character to me but I didn't keep up with JP so I dunno.
I'm noticing a new Fina(s) artwork as well

hm4tvpwlasj2h.jpg

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So I'm STILL HAVING TROUBLE chaining the trial. Just did bonus stages and my Terra and White Lily Dark Fina chain perfectly. I'm starting to think the fixed trial is glitched. I just can't do it no matter what. At worst... I'm missing out on a 10 +1 but still come on gumi this is ridiculous.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm STILL HAVING TROUBLE chaining the trial. Just did bonus stages and my Terra and White Lily Dark Fina chain perfectly. I'm starting to think the fixed trial is glitched. I just can't do it no matter what. At worst... I'm missing out on a 10 +1 but still come on gumi this is ridiculous.
Are you in iOS? I find it incredibly hard to properly chain CW and CWA on IOS. Best I can offer is do them with alternate thumbs. Single tapping with the same finger is slower than making both your thumbs act in concert.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Are you in iOS? I find it incredibly hard to properly chain CW and CWA on IOS. Best I can offer is do them with alternate thumbs. Single tapping with the same finger is slower than making both your thumbs act in concert.

Yup.... iPhone 7. Never had any issues chaining anything else. I used my thumbs... followed every video and at best I can chain until 30. I did chain until 65 once but the trial was glitched and the boss would never die. Just my luck but... I tried everything... even lowering my power settings.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Yup.... iPhone 7. Never had any issues chaining anything else. I used my thumbs... followed every video and at best I can chain until 30. I did chain until 65 once but the trial was glitched and the boss would never die. Just my luck but... I tried everything... even lowering my power settings.
If you get glitched again. Cycle it to the next turn, close the app and then complete your turn. Boss should auto die.

As far as chaining CW. I reset the game with elly and TT for four hours I order to finish chaining CW for a trial last April. I understand your pain

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Need a new physical damage dealer, Zeno is starting to show his age, CG OK should be next month right. Don't like Madam Edel sprite.
Wait, isn't Onion Slice the chain family that constantly break? I'll have to look into that. Might just wait for the next GLEX.
CG Onion Knight should be next MK. I don't think they'll skip him again and they'd probably rather bring out an ATK unit than push Cecil up early. I'm not sure about his chain since I never planned on going for him but we'll probably get a GLEX before too long. Didn't like Rain's chair, eh? haha I'm going to roll with my two King Rains all the way to CG Squall most likely and then get two Squalls to replace him. I might consider getting an AC Cloud to finish off of the Squall's chain. I was going to go for Odin Reagan but it's not a long wait from them to get to Cloud and Squall. Plus, it doesn't seem as many top damage dealers use AT chain going forward and that's what Regan uses. The SR family keeps growing and GLEX units will probably keep BS relevant over here.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
It seems that the new CG unit, Kalmia, can ST remove Zombie. It's Ayaka all over again.

Z514FEm.jpg

• TMR: Materia +30% HP/SPR, LB Fill Rate, LB/Turn
    STMR: Staff +34 ATK, +113 MAG, +162 SPR, HP/MP per Turn, -20% MP Cost
    LB: AoE HP/MP Regen, Barrier, Break Resistance
    Type: Healer/Support, Barrier, Mitigation, Reraise etc
    Will be able to take imperils/breaks off allies and apply to herself (?)
Water/Wind Support Unit
All Allies HP Heal + Barrier + HP per Turn
ST Cure Zombie
7 Stars: ST Remove Buffs Only

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
It seems that the new CG unit, Kalmia, can ST remove Zombie. It's Ayaka all over again.

I wonder how long it takes to fix skill descriptions in global. Most likely it will take a long time, since developer Gumi is so incompetent.
Game where word "Remove all" is not actually remove all, rather its remove some.

Same applies to every eq & materia that should protect from all ailments.

They are so lazy.

I wonder if those who did stmr moogle https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Shortcake can demand some compensation if Shortcake is not fixed and it will not prevent from Zombie ailment.

I myself wondered if I would stmr moogle that thing but never did. But if I had I def would do a ticket to Gumi. Just to see their response.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Feels like a season 3 character to me but I didn't keep up with JP so I dunno.
I'm noticing a new Fina(s) artwork as well

hm4tvpwlasj2h.jpg

End of season 2 SPOILERS

I wonder how Dark Fina will be relevant in season 3 considering what happens. Or is this just an artwork of every Fina and them meeting is unrelated?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I heard 2 Kartens does damage limit cap in raid.

But I have 0 Karten so I go Regina route (Demon horn, Beast Killer, Ifrit).
No need to grab a friend or grab whoever comes first.
Xon does Xon thing.
Kryla imperil,
Malphasie def & spr break
Ignacio fire element to Reg
Regina does well Regina things.

Getting something between 1b - 1.4b so far

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Rainbow popped from my 10% 5* ticket from the bonus stage and it was my 5th Beowulf. I swear... I have got so many Beowulf in the last 2 weeks. Would have been nice to get Warrior of light but oh well.

Going to be skipping Ardyn sadly. I love his character but I only have 11k lapis and it's probably not worth it.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I got so many 7 stars to make. I'll say it again, like nearly every single thing I ever have to do in FFBE, it isn't a matter of lack of resources, it's a matter of the sheer amount of time it's going to take in order to do all the unit enhancing to make this happen that is going to suck....

QW7Ghv6.png

Somebody please send help...

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Rainbow popped from my 10% 5* ticket from the bonus stage and it was my 5th Beowulf. I swear... I have got so many Beowulf in the last 2 weeks. Would have been nice to get Warrior of light but oh well.

Going to be skipping Ardyn sadly. I love his character but I only have 11k lapis and it's probably not worth it.
It's funny (or sad) how each of us veterans have our own units that we get a million of it's like how? What are the statistical odds with how many rainbows are in the game that we'd keep getting the same one off-banner???

I really like Ardyn's character too, top two or three FF villain for me and I felt for the poor bastard when I learned his story. The injustice!
The 5* from the FF event got me... a Fohlen. I didn't even know this dude was a unit in the game. Yikes.
Once upon a time his TMR was really nice but....that was long ago. Sorry friend, it's how I felt finally getting Orlandeu (and then got another) when pulling for King Rain. It's like where were you three years ago?!
I got so many 7 stars to make. I'll say it again, like nearly every single thing I ever have to do in FFBE, it isn't a matter of lack of resources, it's a matter of the sheer amount of time it's going to take in order to do all the unit enhancing to make this happen that is going to suck....

QW7Ghv6.png

lol I know that feel! I'm waiting for them to implement the damn reward for making 7* before I do the rest of them. I used to save them for when I continuously kept hitting the gil cap and it's the only reason I made as many as I have already but now with the gil increase at freaking last (thank god!) I don't need to for that reason anymore.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The 2 KM 5* gave me a 5th Nyx and 2nd Elephim, I got her 7* for free basically so give me her OP enhancements.

On Global we're getting pretty late on ability awakening/latents, we don't even have Yuraisha's.

Last edited:

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

QW7Ghv6.png

Damn dude. I only ever make the prism right when I'm making the 7*.

I've gone through my units and make 7*s in all of these situations:

1) It's my first 7* copy of that unit
2) I can get a STMR

So I've got all the STMRs I can get at the moment (well, not including STMR moogles and tickets which I'm saving).

I'm at the point where I will just straight fuse the 3rd and 4th copies into the 7* to get the rewards. I'm already at like 150+ 7*s created and those missions still haven't materialized. I need GIL man! I used to have a lot, but after doing all that I'm down to 30 million.

My most wanted currently out there unit would be 7* Galuf. I have AWoL but I want Galuf too. Next unit on the horizon would be Madame Edel I believe for me, unless some GL unit with ridiculous damage output comes out.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
When I get 2 units that I know I'm gonna make 7 star I just go make the prism right away otherwise I'll forget, plus it helps me keep track of how far behind I am on combining all my units.

I finally went and made all 20 of those 7 stars. Came dangerously close to running out of the non-maxed cactuars I needed to get everyone to lvl 100 6 star, but thankfully the raid came at just the right time. Now I need to decide what I actually want to invest more resources in. I'm kind of ok with where my main collection of guys is currently with no real needs. I've got a ton of high end mages tho, I kinda wanna use them for something...

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Same, I'm not fusing until I have 2 or 4 so I can quickly see which STMR I can get.
I have like 100 maxed King Minituars so it's not a problem to level them to 100.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got my 4th Tsukiko on the 5+1 ticket today.
Can't wait for Item World to show up again, I have loads of equipment to fail to get any rares on enhance.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a hard damage cap on raid bosses? No matter how over or undergeared the chrain friend I take to the fight my damage always reports as 2,147,XXX,XXX, usually even if a botch a chain

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a hard damage cap on raid bosses? No matter how over or undergeared the chrain friend I take to the fight my damage always reports as 2,147,XXX,XXX, usually even if a botch a chain

Yeah it's because they declared the damage as an integer.

The number 2,147,483,647 is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing.