• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
That 9,900 bundle isn't bad for anyone that wants the new Lass. You get:

Lass prism x 1
5* 10+1 x 1
5* EX ticket x 1
UoC x 1

Is he any good?

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Just the prism and yeeah that bundle is tempting but I don't have enough resources to even attempt to snag the Lass unit to take advantage of it. Wish they did a lapis bundle like this for every banner tho I could have used it in the past when I was emptying the stash on Chrain and Terra

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I like the simplified story event missions, and I heard Season 3 will be like this as well.
I was about to complain about how long it takes to do them but being able to spam repeat and clear everything at a lower NRG cost will work.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Love it. All the fussing about OBAMAing story missions made me keep putting off doing them until the last minute, now I can just auto battle through them, which is how I always want to be living my life lol. Hope the cryst farming maps are like this too

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I tried those fights like 20 times already but I just don't have the firepower, Zenos (3,2k attack and some stuff + Diabolos for killers) do like 10% hp damage on best turns but then I have to constantly dispel and reapply debuffs to the bosses.
I'm even doing more damage with my double Golbez team but then there's a huge MP issue with his skill being 115MP. Why Gumi/Alim hate mages so much :'(
I need a new physical DPS before March.

Edit : just spent like an hour carefully building a team for the Lightning Tyrant, just for it to OS 3 units with 14k HP + Lid breaks + Lenna 50% mit + Sylvie 25% phy mit, at turns 7 or something with its physical attack, yeah I'm done with this.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got CG Warrior of Light right before maintenance the other day from a random last 3* ticket. I was wondering should I Uoc the prism instantly? I really think he's an amazing tank based on the friends I have used but is it better to get someone else? Thanks for the advice!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I got CG Warrior of Light right before maintenance the other day from a random last 3* ticket. I was wondering should I Uoc the prism instantly? I really think he's an amazing tank based on the friends I have used but is it better to get someone else? Thanks for the advice!
Tanks and Support units have the longest life span in terms of getting power crept whereas damage dealers gets power crept pretty frequently. So, if there's a meta tank or support, they are always worth a pull if you don't already have one. The only physical tank in global at WoL's level is Galuf so if you have a 7* Galuf, you don't need WoL unless you appreciate his support/healing kit more but if you don't have Galuf, absolutely, get your WoL to 7*! One caveat is that if you're a Full Metal Alchemist fanboy, we'll likely get that crossover event in the future (not guaranteed though) so you could wait for Alphonse if that's the case but otherwise, go with WoL :)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Who is your current tank?

It is Basch so I'm not sure if he is good or not.

Tanks and Support units have the longest life span in terms of getting power crept whereas damage dealers gets power crept pretty frequently. So, if there's a meta tank or support, they are always worth a pull if you don't already have one. The only physical tank in global at WoL's level is Galuf so if you have a 7* Galuf, you don't need WoL unless you appreciate his support/healing kit more but if you don't have Galuf, absolutely, get your WoL to 7*! One caveat is that if you're a Full Metal Alchemist fanboy, we'll likely get that crossover event in the future (not guaranteed though) so you could wait for Alphonse if that's the case but otherwise, go with WoL :)

Much appreciated. I didn't pull for Galuf as I only pull favourites or meta and I heard Warrior of light was better by a tiny bit. I will get him to 7* for sure and it sounds like he will last me a really long time!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
It is Basch so I'm not sure if he is good or not.

Much appreciated. I didn't pull for Galuf as I only pull favourites or meta and I heard Warrior of light was better by a tiny bit. I will get him to 7* for sure and it sounds like he will last me a really long time!
My pleasure and yeah they are largely a wash depending on what you like better about one's kit. I wanted WoL because I find having another unit that can aoe heal well and full rez for times where my healer is preoccupied really useful whereas Galuf has a bit better damage mitigation and can keep it up full time (WoL has two turns where he can't keep the mitigation up). WoL has great symmetry with some other units that can cover the two rounds of damage mitigation he can't like CG Charlotte and the toughest battles you're probably running both a physical and magic tank anyway. There's a few other minor things each has over the other but the truth despite what fanboys say is that both of them are on par with one another and having either one at 7* has you set for a long time. Congrats on your pull! Getting him on a 3* ticket is particularly awesome :)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Raid boxes are nice and all, but we seriously need to be able to use more than 10k currency at once, the amount of tap the game make you do is unbelievably high.
10k currency summon + again because why not + speed up chest animation + open chest + speed up unit result + next + speed up item result + next
8 taps just for one 10k currency summon and 50 items, and there is 2200 items between all the boxes iirc so that's 352 tap minimum in a row.

On Dissidia you click mission -> raid -> recieve all and you're done.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So. Decided to try this out today.

First time ever logging in and it says I'm already suspended. I guess I'm not going to be playing this...

Didn't even get past the login screen.

Edit: Both Facebook and Google says my acc is suspended.

Edit 2: and my new gmail is suspended. Fuck this game.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
So. Decided to try this out today.

First time ever logging in and it says I'm already suspended. I guess I'm not going to be playing this...

Didn't even get past the login screen.

Edit: Both Facebook and Google says my acc is suspended.

Edit 2: and my new gmail is suspended. Fuck this game.
Are you sure you need to even log on to facebook/google to start the game? I thought account linking was something you did after you start the game from scratch from the in-game menu? So maybe it saying you're suspended is just its dumb way of saying "we don't see an account associated with this fb/google account" or whatever? I played an account on this game on my Kindle Fire a few years ago that was never connected to any account. So when I deleted the app off that device the account was just lost to time

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure you need to even log on to facebook/google to start the game? I thought account linking was something you did after you start the game from scratch from the in-game menu? So maybe it saying you're suspended is just its dumb way of saying "we don't see an account associated with this fb/google account" or whatever? I played an account on this game on my Kindle Fire a few years ago that was never connected to any account. So when I deleted the app off that device the account was just lost to time

I can technically play without an account but it didn't mention if I could connect one after and since I would lose my data if something happened, I just didn't start.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I can technically play without an account but it didn't mention if I could connect one after and since I would lose my data if something happened, I just didn't start.
I think that's how you're supposed to do it. Just start up without connecting and then connect it from the menu after

From the main screen MENU (upper right corner) then click OPTIONS then scroll down to account connecting and try that

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's how you're supposed to do it. Just start up without connecting and then connect it from the menu after

From the main screen MENU (upper right corner) then click OPTIONS then scroll down to account connecting and try that

Yup. That worked. Really wish it would have been clearer imho.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. That worked. Really wish it would have been clearer imho.

Game is bad about communicating that, honestly, as these days the intent is to be connected to something for backup purposes. You can freely play without connecting to any social media account without any issues. However, it does come with the risk that all account data is solely upon the device the game is installed on. Lose the phone, or the game data goes bad, then your account is lost. If you get into the game for a significant length of time, manually backing up the game onto another form of media might be a good idea.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I got Ashe from the tutorial. Is she a guaranteed drop?

I also rolled and got Hess King Lasswell and Elbis.

Edit: I just found out that Fayt is in the game..

Unit-Fayt-7.png

How do I get him!? :O

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Unit-Fayt-7.png

Yeah Ashe is a guaranteed drop, and so is Lightning a bit later on.

Fayt was part of a limited banner together with Sophia and Rena so right now, we have no idea when he's coming back.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017

Unit-Fayt-7.png

Hey glad you got it working! King Lassworm is a great unit to get at the start! If I were you I would blaze thru some of the story missions until you save up 9,900 lapis within the next 3 days and get the bundle in the shop (top middle treasure chest from the main menu) which comes with a prism to make your Lasswell 7 star (eventually, materials to evolve him to 6 star might be hard to come by at the start, but you will get there soon!) AND a bunch of other good tickets to have to get some more rainbow units

Also go to Friends > Companion settings and post your friend code for us here, we've all got high powered units that will help you murder most current content pretty easily

Oh and last thing, if you go to the Vortex and scroll down there's an event called "Fixed Party Trials" where you get a prefab group of units to do some bosses and the rewards for it are great, lots of free pulls and lapis and you can follow guides to complete them. You can also use them to get some practice chaining (if you're on a physical device), or macro'ing your chains (if on emulator) which is a mandatory skill for fighting. Chaining in case you don't know is queuing up attacks on 2 or more units that have the same chaining properties and then tapping both units as close to simultaneously as possible, so that they build up a large chain which increases damage done significantly

If you got any questions let us know, we've all been playing this damn thing for years at this point

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Ashe is a guaranteed drop, and so is Lightning a bit later on.

Fayt was part of a limited banner together with Sophia and Rena so right now, we have no idea when he's coming back.

That banner needs to be back like yesterday. I don't care what others say, SO3 is one of my favorite games of all time. :(

Hey glad you got it working! King Lassworm is a great unit to get at the start! If I were you I would blaze thru some of the story missions until you save up 9,900 lapis within the next 3 days and get the bundle in the shop (top middle treasure chest from the main menu) which comes with a prism to make your Lasswell 7 star (eventually, materials to evolve him to 6 star might be hard to come by at the start, but you will get there soon!) AND a bunch of other good tickets to have to get some more rainbow units

Also go to Friends > Companion settings and post your friend code for us here, we've all got high powered units that will help you murder most current content pretty easily

Oh and last thing, if you go to the Vortex and scroll down there's an event called "Fixed Party Trials" where you get a prefab group of units to do some bosses and the rewards for it are great, lots of free pulls and lapis and you can follow guides to complete them. You can also use them to get some practice chaining (if you're on a physical device), or macro'ing your chains (if on emulator) which is a mandatory skill for fighting. Chaining in case you don't know is queuing up attacks on 2 or more units that have the same chaining properties and then tapping both units as close to simultaneously as possible, so that they build up a large chain which increases damage done significantly

If you got any questions let us know, we've all been playing this damn thing for years at this point

Code is: 384, 433, 552.

Is there no clan system?

Thanks for the tips. I will say the only thing I find annoying thus far are the mission challenges. I want to get limit breaks off but my units are all so strong and beat the mission before anyone can get one unless I specifically make the stronger units start blocking and stuff. Is there a good way to get limit breaks?

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
That banner needs to be back like yesterday. I don't care what others say, SO3 is one of my favorite games of all time. :(

Code is: 384, 433, 552.

Is there no clan system?

Thanks for the tips. I will say the only thing I find annoying thus far are the mission challenges. I want to get limit breaks off but my units are all so strong and beat the mission before anyone can get one unless I specifically make the stronger units start blocking and stuff. Is there a good way to get limit breaks?
Some modern units just straight up start with a full limit burst. If you see any Magitek Warrior Terra, Warrior of Light Bartz or Radiant Lightnings in your friends list, they should have a full LB gauge at the start of the fight. Also there are a handful of units in the game that have an ability called Entrust which will let them give their LB gauge progress to another unit, also also many units have abilities that either increase the rate that your party's LB gauges increase, or just add a flat amount of LB gauge to all units, and then lastly there are many equipments and materia in the game that increases LB fill rate as well. You will discover a lot of that over time

If you want my opinion don't stress out too much about completing every bonus mission when you go thru the story. Some you straight up won't be able to complete on your first go around. Some will require using an ability that you might not have access to, some will require summoning an esper (that you may or may not have access too yet, cause most of them have hidden requirements to find them on the map). I would just blitz thru as much of the story as you can to get as much lapis as you can. There's a LOT of story missions and it gives a TON of lapis for making your way thru it. Some day when you want to squeeze every last free lapis out of the game you can go back and obsess over the extra bits you left

Oh and I just sent you a friend request (no clan system, but just toss ERA in your profile/description and we will fav you so we don't accidentally delete you) and have a M.Tek Terra in my 2nd slot (Event 1) so you can use her for your LB missions if you want

Random little side thing, the story mode in this game has a pretty extensive quest system in it. Even in the most recently released story missions, the gear and items you get from this stuff is by and large woefully outdated and NOT worth the amount of grind and effort (most of them are nearly impossible to do without having the wiki open while you play) it takes to get it. There are extremely rare exceptions to this rule, but by and large I would not waste time on them unless you're like me and get OCD about them and go back and do them all later. Almost every time limited event that shows up in this game has some free equipment you can get from it and for all of it will be useful for a new player

Woof I type a lot

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
My 10+1 got me 2nd copies of Kain and Machina. 2 new 7 stars I'll never use

I'd pull the 4 rainbow banner but I just finally got my lapis up to where I can pull on a 25k step up next time a unit comes out I want

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I saw that the drop rates for 5 star are 5%?

Is that due to a current event or normal? Cause 5% is way more than other games.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
So I saw that the drop rates for 5 star are 5%?

Is that due to a current event or normal? Cause 5% is way more than other games.
A lot of post-pull depression went into getting the rates where they are today. The road here was paved in tears and heartache... lol it's normal. The rates used to be ABYSMAL. I think we went from 1% to 3% over the years and they recently upped them from 3% to 5% AND they cleaned some older, practically worthless units out of the pool for most pulls. Also the game in general is much more generous with free pulls than it used to be, mostly in the form of tickets you get from events or login bonuses

Remember, for high end content, units are basically required to be 7 star, which requires 2 copies of a rainbow unit. This was a contentious issue at the time, but really necessitated all these changes. There's also a system in the game called UoC (unit of choice) where you can save up a number of the tickets and get either (an older) 5 star unit, or a prism for a (more recent) 5 star unit that allows you to make 7 stars more easily too. Those UoC tickets are probably the single most valuable resource in the game since they allow you to target units when there's a new meta shift or power creep unit

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So correct me if I'm wrong but this game doesn't do the overused (Red beats Green, Green beats Blue, and Blue beats Red, and then there's some Grey/Purple/Dark/Light type units)?

Also I got that character Roy? I think he's a bard.

Lastly I'm at nearly 5000 of the crystals. So when I get to 9000 I buy that big roll thing at the top of the summon page?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
So correct me if I'm wrong but this game doesn't do the overused (Red beats Green, Green beats Blue, and Blue beats Red, and then there's some Grey/Purple/Dark/Light type units)?

Also I got that character Roy? I think he's a bard.

Lastly I'm at nearly 5000 of the crystals. So when I get to 9000 I buy that big roll thing at the top of the summon page?

Besides the whole chaining/finishing mechanic, FFBE plays very much like a standard turn based FF where you gear your party, generally consisting of a tank (physical or magic), a healer, a buffer, a debuffer and two damage dealers.

Enemies and bosses have weaknesses and resistances to both elements and ailments, and also a specific race or a combination of two races (all of which you can either libra or check up on the wiki).

When gearing up a damage dealing unit for a trial, you need to take into account all of this as much as possible ie. try to use a fire elemental weapon or a fire based ability if the boss has a weakness to fire, equip human-killer abilities if the boss' race is human, and so on.

Additionally, you can also imperil enemies to the element you're planning to use, which helps with the damage, and sometimes you can also break their stats to increase said damage.

Some useful links if you feel like doing any more in-depth reading on all of that, as I've explained it in a very basic way.

The wiki's pretty great as it's got boss stats and mechanics written down, which you can't find in the game, and also sometimes suggests strategies.

Going for the 9k lapis pull is a good idea, since it gives you at least 4 guaranteed rainbow units. For a new account, that's great to have. Roy is a serviceable buffer, but not meta by any means with regards to endgame content.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
No, don't pull on anymore banners. You want to get to 9,900 lapis and then buy the bundle from the bundle shop. Since you already have one Lasswell, you want to get the prism to eventually make it a 7 star, here:

Click on this chest on the main menu:
7lX2DmK.png

Check out this bundle right here:
Nu4rM8a.png

It gots the prism for Lassworm AND some bonus goodies that make the bundle well worth the lapis cost
jUaJIWR.png

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
No, don't pull on anymore banners. You want to get to 9,900 lapis and then buy the bundle from the bundle shop. Since you already have one Lasswell, you want to get the prism to eventually make it a 7 star, here:

Click on this chest on the main menu:
7lX2DmK.png

Check out this bundle right here:
Nu4rM8a.png

It gots the prism for Lassworm AND some bonus goodies that make the bundle well worth the lapis cost
jUaJIWR.png

Ah. Alright, I will do that. Should I do that roll thing the next time I get 9000? Assuming I get there before it's gone.

Thanks for the pictures too! That helps actually.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ah. Alright, I will do that. Should I do that roll thing the next time I get 9000? Assuming I get there before it's gone.

Thanks for the pictures too! That helps actually.
Yeah, that banner is preeety good value. Not the best we've seen lately (we have been getting special 1-time banners that give 11 rainbows for 10k lapis), but getting any number of guaranteed rainbows as a new player is a godsend. Almost anything can be useful for you at this stage. Like crim said, Roy might not be a top tier buffer in the high end meta, but he will be super helpful for a fresh account with limited options for each role

I wouldn't worry too much about assembling the perfect party yet. At the point you're in in the game almost all content will either be a pushover for you (especially if you bring one of our loan units) or completely out of the realm of possibility for you to finish. Crimilde went over some of the basics, but yeah this game has a really amazing, in depth battle system at the high end and it's the reason most of us have stuck with the game so long. If you aren't humping a wiki or guide while you play, high end battles in this game can be a long, absorbing puzzle of mechanics for you to figure out that involve all manner of buffing, debuffing, status ailments, tanking, healing, physical and magic damage with a lot of nuance about how everything is done based on what specific units you have

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I love that after literal YEARS of begging they finally upped the raid summon from 10k a pull to 50k a pull.... and then like a month later they switched to this god damned box system and went back down to 10k pulls. GUMI WHY

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder which FF main character it's gonna be this month. Onion Knight, Cecil, or another weird switcharoo?

I'm in saving for Cecil mode right now, so not pulling on CNY or Lasswell. I got Regis off of tickets (down to 0 again) so I'm all set for Dark Visions. His aoe killer CD is the only reason why I pulled in the first place.

On the good news side, (finally FINALLY) they're gonna refresh the trust coin store.

I'm pretty hyped on Ang latents. I also have one Qin since I pulled for his TMR so if they give him good latents I might get his prism from the shop. I'm a sucker for bards, and Elephim's enhancements are nowhere in sight.
I also have a Bai Hu & Zhu Que from the Qin pulls (which I never even used). Hope they do them some good.

I love that after literal YEARS of begging they finally upped the raid summon from 10k a pull to 50k a pull.... and then like a month later they switched to this god damned box system and went back down to 10k pulls. GUMI WHY

Yeah it's super annoying, especially since when you finish with the boxes, it goes back to 50k pulls lol.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Need about 3500 more of the crystals to buy that 9900 bundle and it's gone after today...

Hm... I'm almost done with the first region.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Gumi said we would get story reset in January in their latest livestream.
Well I guess there is still 1 week left.

nyc_livestream-17a7j57.png

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Need about 3500 more of the crystals to buy that 9900 bundle and it's gone after today...

Hm... I'm almost done with the first region.
You won't be in a position where you going to need your Lasswell at 7 stars for a long long while and by the time you get there you might very well have another capable 7 star damage dealer, or the meta may have shifted, etc, so I wouldn't worry too much if you miss it. If you can blaze thru some more of the story and get it that's great, but I understand time and NRG limitations at low account level might be preventing you from getting there

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
You won't be in a position where you going to need your Lasswell at 7 stars for a long long while and by the time you get there you might very well have another capable 7 star damage dealer, or the meta may have shifted, etc, so I wouldn't worry too much if you miss it. If you can blaze thru some more of the story and get it that's great, but I understand time and NRG limitations at low account level might be preventing you from getting there

Nah. Mostly been just a time thing. But I can push through it. I've been also making sure to watch the ads so I've been getting quite a few NRG potions.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright. Holy fuck after a ton of grinding today I managed to afford the 9900 bundle... How should I spend the tickets?

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Alright. Holy fuck after a ton of grinding today I managed to afford the 9900 bundle... How should I spend the tickets?
Good job! Just use the EX and 5-star guaranteed tickets right away. You can't use them on any them on any particular banner as they have their own banners (from the normal summon tab). Hope you get some nice units! The UoC (Select Summon ticket) you need to save up in order to use them to get a prism (8 tix) or an older 5* unit (10 tix)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
LGD event Boss. It is soloable by one Aldore King Rain.

Screenshot_20200123-125845.png

So equip your party 4 scrubs (I have 5* Qin, 5* Baihu, Ling, Xiao) and cruise with Chrain or loan friend or wahtever. Prolly most of new DPS can solo this.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Good job! Just use the EX and 5-star guaranteed tickets right away. You can't use them on any them on any particular banner as they have their own banners (from the normal summon tab). Hope you get some nice units! The UoC (Select Summon ticket) you need to save up in order to use them to get a prism (8 tix) or an older 5* unit (10 tix)

So I used all of those rolls and the 5 star units I got were Ignacio, Basch, and Elephim.

Also is there no FFXIV units!? In that 5 star trade thing it went from 13 to 15. No 14 is crazy.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
So I used all of those rolls and the 5 star units I got were Ignacio, Basch, and Elephim.

Also is there no FFXIV units!? In that 5 star trade thing it went from 13 to 15. No 14 is crazy.

There was a XIV event before the whole 7* thing, and we have Thancred and Papalymo as 3* bases, Yda and Minfilia as 4* bases, and Y'shtola as 5-6*, all limited units who are not in the pool anymore.

But we know from JP that we'll have a new XIV event in the future and Witch Y'sh is gonna be a free 7* unit.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
This new event raid is going to be impossible for me to farm with 1 Ling and 1 Xiao. Looks like another one where I just dump enough NRG to get all the event points and then dip out

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Is the 7+4 summon for 9000 lapis worth it? Getting guaranteed four 5* units may sounds nice, but I'm not sure if the remaining seven units justifies the cost.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Is the 7+4 summon for 9000 lapis worth it? Getting guaranteed four 5* units may sounds nice, but I'm not sure if the remaining seven units justifies the cost.
Skipped it considering we just got 11 rainbows for 10k lapis. Unless you have 9k lapis burning a hole in your pocket, or are a new player and don't have a good collection of 7 star units, I'd probably skip it

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Going to skip this event. Can't beat the last mission with my current units and need the 600 points to get anything worthwhile. I spent 20 tickets and got no bonus units. I got 2 raindows of one of the Type zero characters.

I did particularly well on the last two events

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Going to skip this event. Can't beat the last mission with my current units and need the 600 points to get anything worthwhile. I spent 20 tickets and got no bonus units. I got 2 raindows of one of the Type zero characters.

You dont have 3* unit Xiao, she gives 50% bonus, run ELT instead.

Or just loan friend Aldore King Rain who otko the boss. For example mine does 20m without any chains or break

Triple Saber:
1. Blaze Saber
2. Grandshelt Saber
2. Grandshelt Saber

= One dead boss.

Screenshot_20200124-094530.png