• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't try the highest difficulty yet but if I have to guess, Gumi GLEX pre-emptive shenanigans strike again?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Cleared the Bomb Reborn trial fairly easily with AWoL evade provoke, Ignis for imbues, Lunafreya, Adv Locke and 2x CG Noctis.

This was way more manageable than the original trial, I'm so glad I invested in Ignis' enhancements.

Didn't try the highest difficulty yet but if I have to guess, Gumi GLEX pre-emptive shenanigans strike again?

Yup, disease and a 3x physical AoE.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up uninstalling FFBE. Trying to catch up to 7* meta when I had a 6* team back around 3rd anniversary. Eventually made a 7* team but can't do 140 dungeon difficulty. Was doing events here and there, but my interest dropped dramatically when season 2 was done and I just hung around for login rewards. Couldn't do trials so I just got bored.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate split limited banners on the new GLEX 5% system.

Chased Foo because I wanted eventual access to his STMR GLEX Summoner staff via STM moogle. ~38k lapis (1.6 step-ups) and 100 tickets later, I still only have one of him (from a ticket pull). So many frigging off-banner rainbows, I wanted to scream. It's been a long, long time since I've been forced to try to scrounge up lapis to finish pulling for a unit. Probably will do a damage report when it's all over.

On the other hand, I've got 3 of the monk unit so far, and it's somewhere between borderline and absolutely disgusting. I've got mine up for the event with 16k health, ribbon, and ~2600 SPR. Tap the magnus ability and auto-win LGD. Videos on reddit are popping up with the monk unit obliterating every trial in the game. Still, a fair warning that chasing this is going to potentially be a might expensive endeavor.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf I almost missed the free daily 4*, thankfully I woke up super early and noticed it before the daily reset.
I might have missed one day though.

Used my EX and 10+1 and I got Chow with it, another wtf and he's not bonus so wtf x3

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely hate split limited banners on the new GLEX 5% system.

Yeah.
I hate hoarding, even more I hate split banners. I do have 12500 Lapis which is alot for me, no clue when or to what I use them.
Did buy Lucian prism and made him 7*, havent used single time yet but its there if I need it. We do have few players now and sharing Lucius 7*
I, Norn, Omegax.

Wtf I almost missed the free daily 4*, thankfully I woke up super early and noticed it before the daily reset.
I might have missed one day though.

Used my EX and 10+1 and I got Chow with it, another wtf and he's not bonus so wtf x3

Yup I almost forgot it yesterday (Friday). Thursday I did it, nicely hidden again lol. Not surprising when its Gumi we are speaking of.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I can't think of a time in this game where I went hard on unit and didn't come away with it, the 2 exceptions being the first SoM collab going for Randi, and then the release of Orlandeau. So both of them very early in FFBE's lifespan, and before a lot of rate rejiggering and the advent of things like step up banners that have really helped in targeting units. I've also been pretty discriminating when it comes to spending lapis. I'm not like a Kourio tier hoarder or anything, I usually pull on the new meta, but I've been lucky enough to walk away with almost every 7 star I've ever wanted

I also almost neeeeeeeeever go for limited units. I feel like limited units are the biggest trap in almost every gacha game. I'm sure they've studied the psychology of them to death and determined it's the best way to get people to spend. I still remember that time Claic's donators floated him a few hundred USD so he could keep pulling for a fucking Sora STMR, of all things, to the point where he started sobbing on stream when he finally got him. It was kind of moving to see his chat supporting him, and the guy deserves it, but at the end of the day it's just enabling a shitty addiction

I don't mean for that last part to be a judgment of anybody, I think these games are gross and want you guys to always stay mindful of how they're trying to "get" you

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Today I used stmr moogle after I made Christine to 7*. Then I noticed I need another Mediena rod to get her over 3k mag. Kirito told in Discord that do Torturous Duo scorn for better Rod. Took some time to figure the fight, but got it done and now I have Christine over 3k mag and waiting for IW to come some day.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to not pull until Odin Reagen because I'm super undecided on which upcoming damage dealer to get, I guess I'll pull a second Esther if she gets good enhancements/latents.
Or I might YOLO Xuan, hmm...

Edit : welp, 14 regular tickets, now I'm scared to continue.

ce03e509-40af-48ed-actgknw.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I did YOLO and I regret it, ticket pulling is AWFUL
Anyway, I thought we had 5% rainbow rate now? My account didn't know that apparently.
It took 191 tickets / 7 4* and 1 10% after my first Xuan, with that I got in order :
3rd Yuraisha
Emperor Fuuuu
2nd Emperor Fuuuu (because OF COURSE)
4th Citra
3rd Rinoa
2nd Xuan

Looks like I have 2.5% rainbow rates? lol
Only 145 tickets left but you know what, f*ck the tickets, it takes AGES and it's super frustrating.
Guess I'll try to fit Foo in my team but with my 7* Elephim having enhancement soon, he'll quickly be super useless.

Edit : took some time but I did it! I finally could do the Lightning Tyrant and I don't even have their TM, now I don't regret getting Xuan lol

98a79cad-0dc1-49f5-adkwj3o.png
0c9ynbe75kjk.png

Their damage is ridiculous, I guess I'll have to catch up on the trials.

Edit 2 : went ahead and bruteforced Scorn of Orthros for the staff, now I need to run Onimaru+ / Stardust Rod / Badrosa / Jad e Bracers in the item world.

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I finally could do the Lightning Tyrant and I don't even have their TM, now I don't regret getting Xuan lol

Wait, what? You didn't even have their TM yet? That's a considerable amount of firepower that you don't have unlocked yet, and you still won? Super impressive. They should make all the back trials (except for Moon) a complete joke.

Almost have enough scrounged up for the 9th multi-pull, but ticket off-banner rainbows keep haunting me.

Damage report to date on this banner:

Ignacio (6)
Qin (1), [2 via trust coin shop]
Circe (5 and 6)
Luneth (6 and 7)
Fryevia (1) <-- Seriously
CG DFina (3)
Zeno (1)
Yego (6)
CG Terra (4)
Exdeath (1)
Xon (1)
Squall (2)
Beowulf (1)
Shera (1)
Lunafreya (2)
Regis (1)
Physalis (1)

Foo (1)
XWQL (1, 2, 3)

Took some time to figure the fight, but got it done and now I have Christine over 3k mag and waiting for IW to come some day.

Sweet. 3k stat units are satisfying milestone to reach.

I also almost neeeeeeeeever go for limited units. I feel like limited units are the biggest trap in almost every gacha game. I'm sure they've studied the psychology of them to death and determined it's the best way to get people to spend. I still remember that time Claic's donators floated him a few hundred USD so he could keep pulling for a fucking Sora STMR, of all things, to the point where he started sobbing on stream when he finally got him. It was kind of moving to see his chat supporting him, and the guy deserves it, but at the end of the day it's just enabling a shitty addiction

I'll never forget this thread on Reddit:

Claic Fails to Pull Fayt in 81 Multipulls

Last night I had a sobering realization.

Global didn't escape JP's Summonfest system after all.
It's just playing out differently on GL, via a slight of hand. Look at the recent major powercreep units: Karten, Levinson, and now XWQL. All of them are were on limited seasonal banners, where UoCs can't be used. Bravo, Gumi. They played us all like a fiddle. They lured us into a sense of safety and security, where many more units became UoC'able in GL than on JP, and at a 20% ticket cost discount for the prism for good measure.

Even with the "5%" Rainbow rates, the on-banner rate is generally just as bad as it has always been; an illusion with this change. While the higher rainbow rate is nice for completing STMRs, it does nothing for actually pulling featured units the vast majority of the time. In the end, the Summonfest general rule of having 50k lapis on-hand to seriously chase meta 7* units is manifesting itself on all of these seasonal banners.

Expect in the future all meta units to come out of seasonal "limited" banners. The UoC system in GL serves as a nice backstop to get some solid units for players not to fall too far behind the meta. But, I'd expect the power gap between seasonal and non-seasonal banners to continue to get wider and wider over time.

Well played, Gumi. Again.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ya all that's true, thankfully I've discovered the secret to this game, it's to just not do any of the new trials that come out! Bam meta broken!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Sweet. 3k stat units are satisfying milestone to reach.

Thanks, it surely is :)

Last night I had a sobering realization.
Yup, thats been the fact since the day they announced the banner % divide.

Ya all that's true, thankfully I've discovered the secret to this game, it's to just not do any of the new trials that come out! Bam meta broken!

After 267 days of coming I did trial, it was not easy as in had to learn the mechanics still. But those new trials, they can wait including these timed hall of fame trials. Helps to keep sanity :)

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Ever since I pulled him, I've been clearing the trials with WoL Bartz, and Sean is still rocking Elena and clearing them in spectacular fashion.

Sinzar is still doing budget clears without STMRs (or TMRs except those of the units) so I'd argue that you don't really need the newest and shiniest stuff to clear trials.

One of the best units to use for Bombs is Ignis, who's super old.

Ymmv, tbf I get caught in the hype and end up pulling too (did it for this banner as well), but the reality is trials aren't that hard to clear with a bit of prep.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what? You didn't even have their TM yet? That's a considerable amount of firepower that you don't have unlocked yet, and you still won? Super impressive. They should make all the back trials (except for Moon) a complete joke.
I remember my last unit, I moogled it and their TM was in the raid summon iirc so yeah I'm just waiting to get it with the currency.
I haven't touched any if the SSB, only did Egg for Vengeful and White Dragon -> Gilgamesh for Scorn, I have some serious catching up to do indeed.
I suck at gearing for trials, mostly I can do it but I hate when it take so much turns because I almost always die out of nowhere and can't figure what went wrong, being able to burst them will help immensely.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I also got into the hype of the new unit (still think the last monk duo looks better...) and didn't hurt too bad. The duo is pretty cool.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I also got into the hype of the new unit (still think the last monk duo looks better...) and didn't hurt too bad. The duo is pretty cool.
Congrats!
To be honest it's the first time I'm pulling for limited since the Noctis/Randi (February 2017) debacle that put me in hoarding mode lol
I don't even have a good second BS unit for the Dark Visions, unless I get a second Esther.

Edit : I have a 7* Ellesperis that might work.

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats!
To be honest it's the first time I'm pulling for limited since the Noctis/Randi (February 2017) debacle that put me in hoarding mode lol
I don't even have a good BS dupe for the Dark Visions, unless I get a second Esther.

Honestly what swayed me is I have a good BS chainer for them (eleven) that uses the same element too. Don't think I used any lapis since the DQ 11 event too!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ever since I pulled him, I've been clearing the trials with WoL Bartz, and Sean is still rocking Elena and clearing them in spectacular fashion.

Sinzar is still doing budget clears without STMRs (or TMRs except those of the units) so I'd argue that you don't really need the newest and shiniest stuff to clear trials.

One of the best units to use for Bombs is Ignis, who's super old.

Ymmv, tbf I get caught in the hype and end up pulling too (did it for this banner as well), but the reality is trials aren't that hard to clear with a bit of prep.
The sad part is, given the state of my unit collection I could 110% finish almost every trial in this game with the greatest of ease... I'm just too lazy (or preoccupied elsewhere) to sit down with a damn wiki page open and/or a youtube guide and figure out how to beat all these damn things. That and I still think the process of outfitting a party for a specific task is tedious and anti-fun.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Today EXs gave me my first Mastermind Xon and apparently he's a good chaining partner for Xuan? At least I have the option to UoC his prism if I need.
Never looked at his kit and apparently he can copy imbue and triple cast so yeah, I can see that.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming the global version follows the JP release schedule, what should we be getting in the coming weeks?

Madam Edel story event, Sweet Luka and Nichol (if they do Valentine's) and Onion Knight iirc. There were also some combo units - Fina and Dark Fina and Lid and Jake released after OK.

Last edited:

Reveirg

Nov 20, 2017
Trying to learn how to make a good party and chain. Can't for the life of me get Magitek Warrior Terra and Primrose to CW chain (iPhone XR).
Kinda puts a dent in my plans. Thought of switching to chaining with Loren instead, but I don't think I have access to a good unit that can chain with her.
Powered up Ignacio but I can't see how to use him conveniently.

This game has so much depth but the learning curve is pretty rough, heh.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
One of the free 4* summons (reminder to do them, people) got me my 2nd Doctor Aiden, after I struck out on his banner (not that I had much to try with).

His crazy barriers kind of overlap with WoL's kit, but seem more useful than Lenna (especially when I'm running Sylvie who does most support things Lenna would do anyway).

Also, have enough tickets for an STMR moogle. I'm tempted to get Elena's, since she's my favorite DPS and has a good enough STMR it's good for virtually any single-wielder.

Browsing the list on the wiki, nothing else really leaps out at me. I know they should be used for limited units, but the only limited 7* I have without their STMR is Citan (whose is bleh anyway, and unfortunately he's just not a very useful character). Any other suggestions would be welcome.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, I have 115 STMR tickets, unexpected since I already got one STMR moogle.

Edit : and done with the time limited trials, that's 12 more STMR tickets.

23de85de-5f39-440a-abrakgg.png

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good tips for the time limited trials? I have only done the fixed ones and haven't even checked out the others

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ayyy season 3. Looking forward to grilling you all for broad plot beats in a year after I've skipped all the cutscenes

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Ayyy season 3. Looking forward to grilling you all for broad plot beats in a year after I've skipped all the cutscenes

Our OT title called it, it really is Fina's Fantasy Adventure. xD

Are there any good tips for the time limited trials? I have only done the fixed ones and haven't even checked out the others

For Tel-Fulsanis:

Bring a full evade provoke unit that's not your healer or your tank (eg Sylvie) and that doesn't counter (don't use Ring of the Lucii), a magic tank (fire, dark, lightning are the most important resistances), and a way to restore MP (Folka, Lenna, Sylvie etc).

The first boss can randomly buff itself and then use an AoE that will wreck your party, if that happens and you can't recover, just reload.

The second boss needs to be sealed every turn with 2 different elements otherwise it removes its breaks, and for the third boss, just keep your healer, provoker and tank alive, kill your dps (by targeting themselves) and reraise your tank every turn. Don't attack. In about 9 turns the boss will get tired of your shit and kill itself.

If you wanna do the last fight properly, you need to seal each add with the element they're weak to (check the long press info) every turn, and that element changes. Totally rng. Don't hit them with more than 2 elements at a time or they will destroy you.

As for the free party trials:

They're separated in stages, like the fixed party ones, so bring mages for the first boss as its spr is way lower than its def - with my Terra and a friend CG Dark Fina it took me two turns to clear. The second one works best with a physical damage dealer, and the same applies with dealing two elements every turn to seal it.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

My tip is to just avoid em.

I want to keep my sanity and try trials when ever I feel so. Just like last Sunday when I finished trial that came ~270 days ago.

But I think when ever we get Dark Visions, I need to adjust my tip. I heard they are tial level difficulty with time limitations (like one week or something)...

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Which is better for gumi:

release story reset and season 3 together during a banner with a meta breaking limited unit

or

release story reset and season 3 during a nothing banner no one wants to pull on.

My thoughts are the by releasing it during the hot banner you get people to blow their entire stash of new lapis for the limited unit and then induces future buying.

With that trailer i think it's possible they do it this Thursday but until I read the news and see the game update i don't believe it

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
As I first the world reset will be in multiple part, see you in 2021 and maybe we'll have finished season 1 by then.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
My 5* EX today was my fourth Sabin. Another nice STMR for Regina (especially if she's using a claw).

Got Elfreeda and High Seraph Ultima recently. Either any good?
Elfreeda's TMR is great for physical TDH, since it packs good flat ATK + 50% TDH as well as LB per turn. As a unit she's interesting conceptually (provoke tank using TDH) but not useful.
Ultima was pretty good at release but has been outclassed by the most recent crop of mages AFAIK.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
As I first the world reset will be in multiple part, see you in 2021 and maybe we'll have finished season 1 by then.
and its not an actual reset, more new quests on old items...

Good news is we don't have to bring out the season 1 5* story units and use stupid abilities that are only on ancient units, bad news is less lapis and more "rewards such as lapis, trust moogles, supercites, and 4★+ Guaranteed Summon Tickets"...

literally better than nothing at least.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Qin enhancements looks like enhanced Elephim wannabe, but with slightly lower buff and double cast + mitigation.
Hopefully Elephim one are coming soon.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Qin enhancements looks like enhanced Elephim wannabe, but with slightly lower buff and double cast + mitigation.
Hopefully Elephim one are coming soon.

Yeah they're not great in comparison (wish the breaks were at least 65% on the buff/break songs), but at least they made it so he can act next turn. I was scared he was gonna have to keep singing.

It's nice that he also has elemental buffs, imperils and mitigation, and the big Moonlight Sonata buff is undispellable, gonna have to try him out in trials and see how he fares.

Not even one 70+% break is kinda rough though.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Remember to do daily Free 4* pull.
Mine was 6th Lunera. Thus finally could grab her stmr.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
I'm wondering. I still own my STMR Moogle from the 3rd Anniversary and I wonder on which unit I should use said STMR Moogle. At first I was thinking about waiting for Malphasie #2 to get Ravenheart but she's not really coming out and I don't feel like spending 8 UoCs just for an Item. Maybe the upcoming resummon banner?

Should I wait until I get Ravenheart or some STMR could be more useful to me? Here's my collection.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
You realize you haven't done any trials in several months when you hear it has a new music.
Before that it was the usual FFBE boss theme.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering. I still own my STMR Moogle from the 3rd Anniversary and I wonder on which unit I should use said STMR Moogle. At first I was thinking about waiting for Malphasie #2 to get Ravenheart but she's not really coming out and I don't feel like spending 8 UoCs just for an Item. Maybe the upcoming resummon banner?

Should I wait until I get Ravenheart or some STMR could be more useful to me? Here's my collection.

I've been sitting on my STMR moogle too wondering what to do with it for months. I would love a better non-element 2h greatsword than my Lion Heart but it seems like such a specific thing to get when something with more broad utility would be better. I also have a ton of mages I would like a good Mage STMR too since they're all stuck around 2300-2500 MAG when I see some 3k+ beasts out there on my friends list.

I dunno I guess I don't have any good advice sadly. I wish there was some kind of STMR ranking the way the wiki has unit rankings by role so I could get an idea of what's best to shoot for. Howl has put out a couple STMR focused videos (both seemed to cover the same items so watch the most recent one) if you want just general ideas of what's good, but I would always take something that will give you a specific boost in functionality

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Man, I can't believe Fina is actually pronounced Feener.... what? Anyway I'm excited for season 3. I like Fina but prefer Dark Feener. It's gonna be nice to have a female lead here. (Yes I actually enjoy the story)

norn

Oct 26, 2017
upgrade package (ai katy)
warrior of the crystal (elena)
ravenheart (malphasie)
winter child (christine)

these are general purpose, very high value offensive STMRs, one of which is on a limited unit who will never be coming back. STMR moogle(s) should be saved for limited units or very high impact items. the nature of FFBE and also GL's power increase relative to trial content means you will largely benefit more from increasing offense (for quicker/easier kills) than shoring up defense. i wouldn't STMR moogle anything defensive that is currently in the game. i would also be loathe to STMR moogle a non-limited unit, but it is a better option than a defensive STMR.

sabin (for king rain w/ aigaion fist, edel, karten, et cetera)
firion/regina/flammie (for high value killers + atk)
nagi (for any tdw character, especially if you have no christine and like using mages)
randi (probably the worst STMR in this list but better than a lot of others)

i don't rate (off the top of my head, i'm not checking the entire list) any other offensive STMRs as worthwhile unless they're to enable a fav unit of yours. only other ones worth mentioning would be kaito's, xon's and locke's very high-value evasion STMRs to get passive provoke+full evade setups on units who couldn't otherwise access them.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
3 Free multipulls and 1x 4* free pull = 0 rainbows.
Collecting useless units, I wish there was a way to sell em directly to coins like 1 unit 5 coins or something.
Even better if it would be automatic "Turn all trash to coins".

UI suuuuuuuucks badly when doing unit management.