• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Then it's time for me to get rainbows, doing it now.
Edit : nope, nothing, but that was expected with my 2.5% rainbow rate.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
game is broken completely, can't do the new wave without crashes. Can't do any mission from the world without crashing.

only thing I successfully did was summon and process my daily cactaur bundle purchase (so I'm sure cash purchases would work too...)

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
Got Squall #2, Exdeath #2 and Neverending Hope #3 out of those three waves.

upgrade package (ai katy)
warrior of the crystal (elena)
ravenheart (malphasie)
winter child (christine)

[...]
I didn't actually considered limiting that STMR Moogle to time exclusive units. I don't have AI Katy or Christine but I will check in the future what may appear. Good Idea :D

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
game is broken completely, can't do the new wave without crashes. Can't do any mission from the world without crashing.

only thing I successfully did was summon and process my daily cactaur bundle purchase (so I'm sure cash purchases would work too...)

That happens to me whenever I download the update from a different wifi network than my last connection (ie from my work wifi if I was connected to my home one when I last played the game). The solution for me is to either use the home wifi or do a "re-download data" from the splash screen and do it on 4G.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Like most of you, I got only blues+golds from the 3 10+1s and free 4*.

One of the 20 slot tokens from the event re-run got me a 3* EX that gave me Tidus' STMR, only rainbow today (also struck out on 2 5+1s). I got ~900 lapis from the slots, though, so I might try one of the reroll banners if any look tempting enough (the mage one seems pretty bad, though a chance at 2nd Malph is tempting).

Nothing exciting coming this way, seems like a weeklong lull in the game for me. My only CNY unit from years past is a single Ang, so no way I'm pulling on that banner.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
No rainbows for season 3 start. Working as intended lol. Someday i'll get that Elena stmr.... i'm so tempted to uoc my last copy but meh would prefer not to gamble. Last time I did this... the game just gave me my last white lily dark feener right after I uoc'd it. Really sucks.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
5%?

My haul today:
3x Multipull (free ones)
2x 5+1ex (from slots)
3x 3* Ex Tix
1x 4* Daily Freebie
5x 3* Tix
2x 4* Tix
= 56 summons
= 0 rainbows

House always wins and thats why its better to be F2P.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I got a 5* ex from the slots pulls for the wave battle. Veritas of the Flame. Boo.

On a happier note, I started the s3 story and it's pretty fun so far. I really dig the upbeat battle music in the stages.

The premise reminds me a bit of WoFF what with the
Farplane Express and the Cactuar Conductor.

Edit - I dusted off Cid for Bahamut just for fun, took 7 turns with a 5 man party 'cos I had to wait for Lunafreya's CD imbue for an additional turn.

AWoL and Locke provided the SR chaining for Cid to cap, and Luna did the LB finish.

07-C67210-7680-42-E8-9-B34-641-D4-BE6921-F.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy that I maxed 2* Bahamut's board?
I still have 15k relics I guess.
Edit : I set my Xuan with dragon killers in favorite tab, to help people 3 turn it.
Foo in event 1 and 6* Chow in event 2 if you're still farming.
Removed some 300+ days inactive friend, so I got some slots : 464,761,570

Here's both Hippo bans, 821 and 617 days ago lol

625c19ba-65b2-4701-84e9k5g.png

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Am I crazy that I maxed 2* Bahamut's board?
I did that too, cause why not. Was first time I used those bonus point givers what ever they are called (too lazy to check). Still have some left, not much tho.
But do I remember right that we can buy them or something. Those that I used were from Anni3.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Been using ore on a lot of assorted espers to maximize their utility but should still have plenty to max out Bahamut. Seems worth it

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I can only get Bahamut to lvl 34 with my resources but I'll be definitely investing in his whole board, I want all the killers. I've maxed out all other espers so it'll all go into Bahamut for now, at least until we get news about Kokuryu and Asura.

The G5 from the LNY login bonus gave me my 8th Citra. She's coming for Lulu's throne as my #1 most pulled 5* I don't ever wanna see again. I have 14 Lulus help.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Today 5* EX gave me Dark Knight Luneth's STMR.
Already have Zeno's one so it's kinda useless.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
lol the slot machines..... I played it like 58 times with all the tokens and what terrible results.

17 ex tickets (damn you nichol)
3 5+1 .... *gave me a 2nd Sieghard)
So many metal cactuars.... burst pots and nrg restore.
1 4* ticket. Rest was trash.
100 lapis like 3 times and 300 lapis once....

well if gumi did one thing right... this LGD is ridiculously easy. Still... terrible slot machine results.

Also, got a random 5* Ang on the banner this morning and the 5* ex was FID #2 and Merc Ramza #1 today. MEH

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
So I decided to bite the bullet with Support resummon. Did it twice, first time gambled til last pull cause first 4 summons were not good for me:
SFoltra (3 with strm)
Yuraisha (5 with stmr)
ARain (7 with stmr)
Marie (2 with stmr)
No extra rainbows either, thus decided to take 5th which was last summon.

Screenshot_20200202-111058.png

Warrior of Galuf, new unit to me and good one. Tho will uoc 2nd copy when I need tank phys tank next time, its time to retire Willy ;)

So since I'm not the one to hoard Lapis, I decided to do another resummon, If I'm lucky and get extra rainbows (non sofar).
Things didn't look good after first summon since it was only Foltra and rest were blues (0 golds lol).

Ok resummoned and got about what I wanted :D.

Screenshot_20200202-112239.png

2nd Locke and moogle \o_
3rd Emperor Shera
2nd Sylvie
\o_ Needless to say it was time to push Confirm.

What a gamble and 12000 Lapis well used.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Already have 7* Sylvie and more than half of the pool at 7*, otherwise I would have tried it. Hopefully the last resummon will interest me.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I also did a resummon on the Support banner, I really wanted Emperor Shera's stmr (I only have his 7* currently) and I could have used Galuf or Locke too.

I sadly ended up with just Summer Fid and another of her stmr which is kinda alright for the elemental resistances I guess, but not my preferred outcome.

I'm giving up on pulling for Madam Edel since I got XWQL so I'm hoarding for Cecil now. I'm slowly recovering my tickets too with the World Reclear.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to get around to doing the free party versions of that malice/whatever trial, would imagine XWQL probably obliterates them.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
They changed the .99 Daily Bundle, be careful. Lapis has been cut from 500 to 100 and removed the expansion tickets

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
FF IV MK this week, feel too soon.
Golbez is a bonus unit and I got my 10th one this week, but since I fused them for STMR, that's only 3 units.
Item World is finally back too.
Elena won the popularity vote, she's getting a new version.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I've decided that if I'm unable to beat the rest of these free party trials before they go away I'm quitting. I've got the units to do it, but if I can't find the time to dedicate to beating these things when we've had what like 2+ months do to it, I have no reason continuing to play this. Hell I haven't even finished one of the fixed team trials... while following a guide (tried half dozen times and I seem to be falling victim to some bad RNG cause it never goes the way the guide says it should). For the free party trials I KNOW I have the units and the gear to beat em but I'm either too stupid or too bad to figure out how to do it. I've tried the "easy" trial about 10 times so far and can't do it

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Fulsanis but stronger? I might skip it as well, it was already a pain trying to survive the first one.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
What's funny is Gumi saying they had to scale back the first fight because it was too hard, and yet only 6k players completed it, that's very low. Less than 6% of those who did fixed party.
Oh well, I won't get worked up over this, if I can't do it I I won't care that much.
I'll probably have to use potions for this item world, so many weapons to do.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit Cecil this week? Gah, of course it happens just as I run out of lapis. Hope I get at least one from tickets.

Damn they did a switcharoo yet again, at this rate they better seriously buff Onion Knight.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I've decided that if I'm unable to beat the rest of these free party trials before they go away I'm quitting. I've got the units to do it, but if I can't find the time to dedicate to beating these things when we've had what like 2+ months do to it, I have no reason continuing to play this. Hell I haven't even finished one of the fixed team trials... while following a guide (tried half dozen times and I seem to be falling victim to some bad RNG cause it never goes the way the guide says it should). For the free party trials I KNOW I have the units and the gear to beat em but I'm either too stupid or too bad to figure out how to do it. I've tried the "easy" trial about 10 times so far and can't do it

The hardest part is getting CWA to chain. I pretty much gave up on the missions.

Also it seems Elena is getting a new unit? I love her design so I'm happy. But Elena is already really good.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Decided to pull once on the 6k Attacker banner and got stuck with my first DK Leon. RNG laughed at my face. Two rerolls gave me just Regina (my first one), another gave me King Rain (already have his STMR), and the first roll gave me a OK (I have four already). RIP.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to pull once on the 6k Attacker banner and got stuck with my first DK Leon. RNG laughed at my face. Two rerolls gave me just Regina (my first one), another gave me King Rain (already have his STMR), and the first roll gave me a OK (I have four already). RIP.
I was really confused when I looked at the unit list. I have no idea why Edgar's in there, and it's a weird mix of really recent and really old e.g. Luneth, Queen, Aileen, OK (of course, all of those are in there only for their STMRs). Was hoping this might give me another shot at New Noctis (and not Fake Noctis), but of course they wouldn't do that.

If there were more than a couple units I would like to see, I'd consider hitting up this banner.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Why pull tomorrow, I already have a 500% bonus team lol

99b47c3c-7a39-45a5-85ijkc9.png

But I said I would get Cecil though, ah why did Gumi had to switch event order again, do they hate FF III that much?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
can't wait to finally item world my CG Dark Fina stmr. Gonna go for mp +40% and some high magic. I think that seems ideal. Not sure what i'm saving for now though. I skipped the 4 rainbow banner out of fear of bad rng tbh and these re summon banners are just traps, IMO.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Why pull tomorrow, I already have a 500% bonus team lol

99b47c3c-7a39-45a5-85ijkc9.png

But I said I would get Cecil though, ah why did Gumi had to switch event order again, do they hate FF III that much?
money... I think they realized just how many loser banners they had in a row with JP (especially after DQXi rerun faired terribly), so they planned this switch likely in December after the FFXV switch went over well. The CNY GLEX unit being OP just helped them make even more money in the short term.

On the other hand now FFIII is back to back with FFIX... and that's not a good look.

after this week, barring crazy easter GLEX unit, I might save all the way to 3rd anniversary... There just isn't that much.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sad that Palom & Porom only get this

- adjusts CW to CWA
- adds 70% fire resist to STMR
- adds 10% MAG to TMR

They really don't wanna buff FF mages.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Gumi/Alim hate mages and that was obvious for me since they didn't buff Golbez at all despite his delay.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It finally happened, RIP ticket hoard

fb2a7a4b-ac4c-4647-a1rekq8.png

9 4* tickets : nothing
149 tickets :
2nd Regina
2nd Esther
3rd Red XIII
2nd Mastermind Xon
3rd Locke
1st King Rain
4th Awakened Rain
6th Olive

No Cecil, no twins, those on banner rates are busted.
Good news is no more tickets, so no taking 45 mins to summon, and I got some good units. But now I'll have to use Lapis.
Now that we have the revamped Mog King, the number of tickets we get has been drastically reduced, so no more ticket hoard I guess.

Edit : second step, then I UoC his prism because I already spent too much at this point.

2b587e2e-2b35-4539-94ekjp0.png

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I have every other top tank in the game right now but my heart wants Cecil... Think some mistakes are about to be made

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we have the revamped Mog King, the number of tickets we get has been drastically reduced, so no more ticket hoard I guess.

Congrats on spending down the ticket hoard. At least you got some decent offbanner pulls (2nd Regina & MM Xon) and ended up with a Cecil in the end. I might do a few dailies but not expecting anything; I really need to hoard something, at least tickets...

We're still getting a decent amount of regular tickets, fewer 4*s though. I count 3 from the missions (these are new I think, 1 replaces the completion bonus they had for BGN), 1-2-2-2-1(4)* from the EP rewards for a total of 10 regular and 1 4* ticket. We used to be able to buy 10 tickets IIRC and got 1 from the BGN completion (but we could buy 3 4* tickets previously).
It does suck that we have to run the event for awhile to get them for sure.