• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the congrats but it's truly the end of an era, no tickets, not even EX or X+1s
I have every other top tank in the game right now but my heart wants Cecil... Think some mistakes are about to be made
Same, I have STMR A.Rain + Charlotte, but Cecil is Cecil and baring GLEX he's the top magic tank for a while.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Spent 50k until I got 1 Cecil which is ok. The number of actual good rainbows I got until I got there was pretty great so I'm happy. Was glad to get my 2nd Xon so I can 7 star him.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Had 4 normal tickets from event point rewards... 4th one dropped gold, cracked rainbow and out came Seshiru! Didn't have to spend a single lapis thankfully. Was on a massive rainbow drought lately too, what a way to break it

Will probably end up UoC'ing the prism, but I don't like doing that until the end of the banner in case I manage to snag another one off a lucky ticket pull

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Ok Tel Fulsanis is way less of a pain in the ass (minus shit rng) with Cecil. Charlotte was countering for minutes and it just pissed me off.

MVP Shantotto - evade provoke and sealer.

ECF9-AD2-A-7-F94-461-D-9-CE6-1-C817-AB87008.png

F3117-E19-2-E3-A-4-A22-BED4-5-C5514-FC903-A.png

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wow uh I just pulled two rainbow back to back on 3* tickets... talk about crazy luck?I've never seen that happen before.... It was the same on banner unit too so I guess I'll 7* them. It's Bai Hu and Zhu Que. Are they any good?

Also Kourio wow that was painful to read that you spent every ticket with no Cecil :(

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Wow uh I just pulled two rainbow back to back on 3* tickets... talk about crazy luck?I've never seen that happen before.... It was the same on banner unit too so I guess I'll 7* them. It's Bai Hu and Zhu Que. Are they any good?

Also Kourio wow that was painful to read that you spent every ticket with no Cecil :(
same unit! that's amazing!

I have seen back to backs, even had one myself [Ayaka and TT the day before Gladio banner dropped (Crystal rate up#1)]

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Rumor has it that there are some GLEX V-Day units coming this week that was supposed to have been announced in Taiwan (the announcement presentation was cancelled because of the Coronavirus). No idea if time-limited or not.

1b34b2d4b92242f21cf9f5d68117ol25.JPG

Thoughts?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I like both sets! Hopefully they will be more like easter units/Elena/summer and less like the time limited events.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled Ignacio back then and I would again, even if it's wasteful if they're part tank, because we got WoL last month.

Had to happen one day or another, also I can't hoard forever I guess.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Rumor has it that there are some GLEX V-Day units coming this week that was supposed to have been announced in Taiwan (the announcement presentation was cancelled because of the Coronavirus). No idea if time-limited or not.

1b34b2d4b92242f21cf9f5d68117ol25.JPG

Thoughts?

Oh these are both so cute, love them. Siegnacio = <3

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Finally got a Rainbow from the 4* dailies and I couldn't be happier. It gave me my 4th Sol so that's his STMR! Was really hoping for him or my 4th Elena soon lol.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up in the story to the beginning of season 3.
It feels weird to spend what feels like 4 whole chapters on fighting the emperor OH WAIT he's NOT the emperor, the emperor is actually this guy we had seen by proxy before who's been doing everything by proxy, also he's IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT and Akstar Rain failed to beat him (but would've if he knew the super mirrors) but that WASN'T EVEN HIS FINAL FORM and now he's his own continent and then we beat him in a super easy boss fight again

I think the tl/dr of the spoiler is that the story got way out of hand on shonen tropes and also the cast felt way too large by the end (it was honestly that way in the beginning too). I'm glad so far S3 is more focused so far, not that I'm really in it for the story. Will be even more glad if S3 does not include any lid-jake interactions or folka/citra/nichol unrequired love triangles.

Also, I have no lapis and also almost no tickets... but I don't need anything right now. I'm not really sure why I'm playing the game, but I am.
(I'm not spending money and don't really feel a need to stop playing the game, either; pretty much any other game I'd consider picking up is more toxic/addictive/time-consuming than FFBE)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, after going the last 3 IW's without seeing a rare, in the last 2 days I have deleted rolls with a rare in them because I was going for different stats than I got from the rare (tinkerbow and spiritual sword)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Doing the daily vault of treasure will give super trust tickets this time, don't be me and miss most of those daily thing.
They're also giving one of each gem required for the Ring of Dominion via login rewards, maybe in 2 years we'll be able to craft it without the grinding this.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think item world rates are legit busted for me. I've been running everyday and used all my orbs today and no mp +40% rare on my Dark Feener STMR. Meanwhile, I pull a 3rd Foltra with a 3* ticket this morning. What the hell is this. I hope I get my rare.... I ran out of orbs so tomorrow I have to use lapis.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well, I finally got my roll. Not the best but it works. Item world is actually so boring but it is mostly because this game has so many loading screens.

Also, White Mage Rosa is actually able to solo this LGD with the right setup (like mine I have up currently) which is pretty awesome. I'm almost done farming it already. Her STMR seems really good and worth the grind.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay can I be honest? The game needs to fuckin chill with these updates. It feels like every other day there is a big update. On one hand- great it's good to know the game is being super supported but come on.

Edit: that being said I did my 5 + 1 roll today and got Summer Folka & Citra, Luneth, and a King Magi Pot.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got Sweet Luka off the G5 from the fountain, I'm so happy about that!
I had tickets set aside to try and pull her when the banner comes, but this is a good start. I can try for a dupe now and save my uoc. I kinda want 2 of her TMR too.

I did Zeromus with Cecil, AWoL, Regis, 2x Bartz and Adv Locke, took me 12 turns. Easy fight.

Reminder to do the daily vault of treasure, it gives STMR tickets.

And an extra 5 STMR tickets on the Mount Ordeals Ext stage!

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
"5+1" (is it really a 5+1 with just blues?) did give me a 5* guaranteed ticket today which was my 3rd Tsukiko.
Guaranteed 5* from the KM was 2nd Fryevia.

There's a lot to do today and not excited about another "elemental battle" aka a raid that takes energy. On the plus side, not interested in the units at all.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I actually got three rainbows in my 5+1 today. I guess that makes up for the 20+ I've had without any.

2nd Awakened WoL, 4th Beryl, and 4th Elfreeda. Nice results, can't be mad at that!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Okay can I be honest? The game needs to fuckin chill with these updates. It feels like every other day there is a big update. On one hand- great it's good to know the game is being super supported but come on.

Edit: that being said I did my 5 + 1 roll today and got Summer Folka & Citra, Luneth, and a King Magi Pot.
Maintenance is scheduled, every wednesday night (us time) the game comes down for about 4 hours and when it comes back there's a big patch that puts all the next week's events in the game in addition to whatever improvements are added

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Today was a good day!
CG Noctis from a 3* ticket(on the pencil banner)
Cleared zeromus SBB

Then took that lapis I got and pulled a P Cecil!

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Since the Valentine's units are not interesting I pulled with what I have on the PCecil banner (since he seems to have a fair bit more versatility than Charlotte).
Struck out on Cecil - not that I had a lot to lose - spending around 30 tickets of various kinds and 10K lapis, got a single Palom+Porom, a Nalu (STMR, bleh), and a Yuffie.

I'm sure I'll get a Cecil eventually, so I'm not that bummed about it. Not excited about any (known from JP) upcoming banners, but that's probably a good thing in a gacha game.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got 34 tickets ready for Sweet Luka tomorrow, hope I get a second copy.

Remember to do VAULT again today (and everyday) that you don't miss stmr ticket.

Also, PSA for newer players - don't forget to bring your Xon and Waylay their asses for double the amount of gil!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Same, only 5 blue 1 pot for both. I'm so full of pots I'll have to sell some pretty soon, and they're all fused to King too.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Same, I got absolute junk lol. My two king mog 5* were Sacred shield Charlotte #1 and Malphasie #3 so it's not that bad I guess. I also finished grinding Rosa's stmr!

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Same, I got absolute junk lol. My two king mog 5* were Sacred shield Charlotte #1 and Malphasie #3 so it's not that bad I guess. I also finished grinding Rosa's stmr!
Malphasie #3 is the shit, because it puts you 8 UoC (or one off banner) away from Ravenheart... Which is amazing

CG Charlotte is fun, and she has a different niche than PCecil but you need two...

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Too late, I said I would pull for OK but it got delayed and Xuan/Cecil happened.
Gumi can only blame themselves when this banner tank.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
I was awaiting CG Onion Knight since I'm still running on Esther, but no Global Upgrade...

I guess I will wait for the next chainer to pop.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
No resources for CGOK - unfortunate, since OG OK was a staple of my team for a good while, but I got him (and his STMR) off banner anyways, so in keeping with tradition I won't even try.

I got one each of the 7* 100% units (and I think a spare OK Refia too), so I certainly don't need to pull for bonus (not that I needed much of one for the FF4 KM, since I didn't go for Rosa's STMR).

Looking forward to all the Defiance of Fate rewards we'll be getting in a few weeks. Not much exciting for me until then - glad they streamlined KMs so they're less awful.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to pull at all for CG OK, just can't justify it at all.

I have 1 7* OK Refia, 2 5* OK Refia, and a DK Luneth plus the freebie 5* and its a full party. I guess I could merge my 2 5* OK Refia and add a Desch or Aria for 75% more...

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I was awaiting CG Onion Knight since I'm still running on Esther, but no Global Upgrade...

I guess I will wait for the next chainer to pop.
just wait a month and a half for esther enhancements.

GLEX > FFBE story units > Legacy FF units = Collabs

is the general tiering of 'should i invest in this damage unit'. you have outliers like noctis but legacy units are languishing and collab units are unreliable on enhancements, latents, and prisms even if they're good off the bat - and they mostly aren't.

if you're cynical you can view it as SE/gumi knowing that fans are going to pull for [FF/collab fav] regardless and then they can doubletap those fans on power increases. if you're not cynical you can... view it the same way. i'm not sure what other explanation there is.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I got myself a second Esther recently (in addition to Sylvie's STMR) so I'm eagerly awaiting her latent/ability awakening.
This is sad but norn is true, they did my Golbez dirty (Glex upgrade was just being able to dual cast CD) in addition to Alim hating all mages, and Gumi is super late on giving latents of those old FF units.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
just wait a month and a half for esther enhancements.

GLEX > FFBE story units > Legacy FF units = Collabs

is the general tiering of 'should i invest in this damage unit'. you have outliers like noctis but legacy units are languishing and collab units are unreliable on enhancements, latents, and prisms even if they're good off the bat - and they mostly aren't.

if you're cynical you can view it as SE/gumi knowing that fans are going to pull for [FF/collab fav] regardless and then they can doubletap those fans on power increases. if you're not cynical you can... view it the same way. i'm not sure what other explanation there is.

Esther enhancements have been confirmed? :O If that's the case then yes i'm just gonna wait for her and keep my resources for something else whatever. Outside of a current meta physical chainer I have pretty much everything else covered :D

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Esther enhancements have been confirmed? :O If that's the case then yes i'm just gonna wait for her and keep my resources for something else whatever. Outside of a current meta physical chainer I have pretty much everything else covered :D
not confirmed in the strictly literal sense, but seasonal units are now on a reliable enhancement schedule - one year after their intial release - aside from tiana/felix who no one pulled for. esther and sylvie were (are?) massively popular; there's effectively a 0% chance they don't get enhancements on easter.

save your resources for more important roles. rikku from FFX-2 is the next non-GLEX non-DPS unit to look forward to.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
not confirmed in the strictly literal sense, but seasonal units are now on a reliable enhancement schedule - one year after their intial release - aside from tiana/felix who no one pulled for. esther and sylvie were (are?) massively popular; there's effectively a 0% chance they don't get enhancements on easter.

save your resources for more important roles. rikku from FFX-2 is the next non-GLEX non-DPS unit to look forward to.
I was thinking about saving for Rikku lately since my best breaker was CG Lid but 2 Locke dropped from the sky lately so I was not so sure about the need for Rikku anymore.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Man.... what the hell are the chances? Tossed a 3* ticket at the FF IV banner and got Rainbow CG Cecil....... Now I'm pretty much forced to use a uoc on him am I? He's apparently the best magic tank in the game and my current one Basch is outdated. I have Charlotte but only 6*