• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Man.... what the hell are the chances? Tossed a 3* ticket at the FF IV banner and got Rainbow CG Cecil....... Now I'm pretty much forced to use a uoc on him am I? He's apparently the best magic tank in the game and my current one Basch is outdated. I have Charlotte but only 6*
Congrats! That's awesome! Yes, that's worth using UoC tickets on. He's flat out the best magic tank in the game and a MASSIVE upgrade from what you're using. If you have Charlotte at 7* you could be stingy and not do it but he still beats her out so with having one of each, he's a no brainer.

About time they brought out CG OK and they didn't even buff him haha Banner is DOA no wonder they are trying to sweeten the pulls. I'm just glad its going to be out of the way as it for some reason annoys me when the order is disrupted that way ha Unless a unit I'm waiting for comes early like King Rain. I'm going to get ridiculous mileage out of my King Rains. I don't plan on pulling for damage dealers again until AC Cloud and CG Squall. I'm hoping Cloud caps Squall chains well, I need to look that up but I'll pull him regardless so I can throw his TMR on each of my future Squalls.

I need to look up when Rikku hit so I have a rough estimate of when I'll pull again. I need that breaker upgrade. I'm curious to see how Lakshmi Lid compares when her numbers are out but there's a good gap between their release dates anyway.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Reminder for everyone who hasn't done the fixed party trials yet - you can try them out even if you're new at the game, the fight provides you with the units, and it's only 5 nrg per battle.

We can get some nice community rewards if we reach 150k unique clears, and the fights themselves have good clear rewards, like 5* ex tickets.

Essence of Despair guide :
https://reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/eg15qs/guide_essence_of_despair_all_missions/

Maw of Malice guide :
https://reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/eg2sa6/guide_maw_of_malice_all_missions/

Edit - Thought I'd also add Claic's how to chain video, maybe it will help some

youtu.be

Get Perfect Chains Without A Program! How I Chain With My Hands! - [FFBE] Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Hey everyone! I wanted to make this video for a while now and finally decided to sit down and do it. I give out my best tips on how to chain in FFBE withou...

Last edited:

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
Man.... what the hell are the chances? Tossed a 3* ticket at the FF IV banner and got Rainbow CG Cecil....... Now I'm pretty much forced to use a uoc on him am I? He's apparently the best magic tank in the game and my current one Basch is outdated. I have Charlotte but only 6*

If you have to pick between Cecil and Charlotte for a UoC I guess I would go for Cecil since he's better. If you already had a 7* Charlotte you could consider waiting for her Enhancements later and keep the UoCs for something you really need. Since you don't have any Current Meta Magic Tank I would go for Cecil 100%.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Demon Wall 13 turn'd with Esther feat norn.
She still got it.

image-2.png

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
What are your thoughts on spending eight 5* select summon tickets to obtain a White Lilly Dark Fina prism? Isn't she the best magic attacker currently available? Or is there another unit who's better?

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
What are your thoughts on spending eight 5* select summon tickets to obtain a White Lilly Dark Fina prism? Isn't she the best magic attacker currently available? Or is there another unit who's better?

Magic damage dealers have a lot of disadvantages compared to physical ones. No weapon variance, poor selection of killers, lower overall bulk.

The only boss fight where you need magic is the Moon trial, so I wouldn't waste UoC tickets on her. That one is quite an old trial so even weaker mages can handle it.

You're better off with a physical damage dealer imo, depending on what units you have. That being said, she is a very good damage dealer right now.

docs.google.com

FFBE Damage Spreadsheet (retired)

Damage comparison NEW SHEET,<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTnraXRvrpoFGK64_PV-nLHgAREf5DsmtodWIUqTo1YP_iFkXr2uNv4DanW99jT8Cx-8kvzJ9Ldql0z/pubhtml">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTnraXRvrpoFGK64_PV-nLHgAREf5DsmtodWIUqTo1YP_iFkXr2uNv4DanW99jT8Cx-8kvzJ9L...

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Magic damage dealers have a lot of disadvantages compared to physical ones. No weapon variance, poor selection of killers, lower overall bulk.

The only boss fight where you need magic is the Moon trial, so I wouldn't waste UoC tickets on her. That one is quite an old trial so even weaker mages can handle it.

You're better off with a physical damage dealer imo, depending on what units you have. That being said, she is a very good damage dealer right now.

docs.google.com

FFBE Damage Spreadsheet (retired)

Damage comparison NEW SHEET,<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTnraXRvrpoFGK64_PV-nLHgAREf5DsmtodWIUqTo1YP_iFkXr2uNv4DanW99jT8Cx-8kvzJ9Ldql0z/pubhtml">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTnraXRvrpoFGK64_PV-nLHgAREf5DsmtodWIUqTo1YP_iFkXr2uNv4DanW99jT8Cx-8kvzJ9L...

I actually don't particularly care about trials, I just like having different roles in my party just to cover all the bases. Currently the strongest mage in my party is Sol and the best physical attacker is Aldore King Rain.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I actually don't particularly care about trials, I just like having different roles in my party just to cover all the bases. Currently the strongest mage in my party is Sol and the best physical attacker is Aldore King Rain.
if you don't care about trials then your pulls can be done according to personal taste. we're long past the point of any semi-recent unit being sufficient for all weekly content. WLDF is the #1 mage by spreadsheet reckoning - but if you aren't doing trials, it comes down to do you like the sprite, can you find friends with the unit, are they a fav, et cetera.

if you are flush with lapis then she is on the attacker/mage resummon banner going up in ~22 hours from the time of this post so you could go fishing there, though i'm expecting 25 units or so per pool.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
On the very last roll on the resummon banner (after you've exhausted all your rerolls) you get a confirmation that says:

Would you like to settle for these units?

And you get a Y/N box... Has anybody ever clicked on no? What happens? (edit, nm just did it and it closes the dialog, but puts you back on the rewards screen, so you're still stick with them)

Passed on a 7-star Regina + STMR and went thru a bunch of crap rolls until my final roll of Chair Rain (already had 7-star but I get his STMR now at least). Was trying for the new Xon unit and failed, oh well

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
posted on discord but my resummon was not good.

first was Kaito (Stmr moogle) and second Karlotte (not quite good enough when hoping for chair rain/xon but ALMOST (I wish I had taken this one because then only 1 more Kaito from STMR).

Second was only luneth (crap and already have STMR)
third was only CG Bartz (already have STMR)
fourth was only karlotte (7* but so disappointing after the first pull AND still 1 karlotte from that STMR)
last was 3rd Regina and a second Choco Fina (stmr moogle)

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
posted on discord but my resummon was not good.

first was Kaito (Stmr moogle) and second Karlotte (not quite good enough when hoping for chair rain/xon but ALMOST (I wish I had taken this one because then only 1 more Kaito from STMR).

Second was only luneth (crap and already have STMR)
third was only CG Bartz (already have STMR)
fourth was only karlotte (7* but so disappointing after the first pull AND still 1 karlotte from that STMR)
last was 3rd Regina and a second Choco Fina (stmr moogle)
Choco Fina's STMR is pretty handy, at least, since it's +45 ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR and 100% guts at 1HP. I threw it on my Elena and it's kept her alive pretty well.

I'm at about 5k lapis and hoping there's a way to get to 10k for that 11 summon... maybe I'll try and re-do some story missions I missed/explorations I've been too lazy to power through. It'd be awesome if I could get any of a dozen or so STMRs I'm close to or a newish unit like PCecil I missed out on. That said, I don't think STMRs are particularly blocking me from any trials.

I did try some of the SBBs and it's obnoxious that they pull out new mechanics/attacks halfway through when they take so long. Almost beat Kefka's.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Choco Fina's STMR is pretty handy, at least, since it's +45 ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR and 100% guts at 1HP. I threw it on my Elena and it's kept her alive pretty well.

I'm at about 5k lapis and hoping there's a way to get to 10k for that 11 summon... maybe I'll try and re-do some story missions I missed/explorations I've been too lazy to power through. It'd be awesome if I could get any of a dozen or so STMRs I'm close to or a newish unit like PCecil I missed out on. That said, I don't think STMRs are particularly blocking me from any trials.

I did try some of the SBBs and it's obnoxious that they pull out new mechanics/attacks halfway through when they take so long. Almost beat Kefka's.
I have done the Chaos, Ardyn, Exdeath, FFBE and Zeromus SBB. However, Emperor has been a hard stop and Kefka is possible BUT I like the idea of keeping at least a couple thousand lapis in reserve.

Depending on your characters Ardyn and Zeromus are more than possible and Elena made Chaos easy (completed yesterday).

norn

Oct 26, 2017

edel's story event will release the day before the 11-pull and that's 3k-ish lapis. 300 lapis from monthly calendar, 400 lapis from the sweet dreams login bonus (the bi-weekly thing), 90/day from dailies, 200 (or more) from the lapis summon on the 27th and 28th. shouldn't need much more.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on your characters Ardyn and Zeromus are more than possible and Elena made Chaos easy (completed yesterday).
I've done Exdeath and FFBE, and Elena is the DPS I'm most comfortable with (also have chrain and lotus dark fina/mtek terra combo), so I'll look into Chaos. Thanks!

edel's story event will release the day before the 11-pull and that's 3k-ish lapis. 300 lapis from monthly calendar, 400 lapis from the sweet dreams login bonus (the bi-weekly thing), 90/day from dailies, 200 (or more) from the lapis summon on the 27th and 28th. shouldn't need much more.
Ah yes - forgot Edel's story event was popping up along with story continuation and lapis summon. Should be good there.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I've done Exdeath and FFBE, and Elena is the DPS I'm most comfortable with (also have chrain and lotus dark fina/mtek terra combo), so I'll look into Chaos. Thanks!
My party for Chaos was Kryla (but really I could have used any on demand breaker), Lunafreya (Used for turn one full boost and magic mitigation+ LB generation), Pcecil (magic tank with good basic resist and provoke but you could gear a character for that with Passive provoke), Morgana (because her and Elena are besties) and basic light focused 2x Elena.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Oof, I had no clue the first part of the story reset was live. Glad I didn't miss out on that. I know the idea is they're hoping most people actually do miss out on it but what a dumb way to present it, hidden away in the quest menu

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Geared Xuan with man eater for the Asura 2* fight, I feel like she's going to be much easier than when her first fight released.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oof, I had no clue the first part of the story reset was live. Glad I didn't miss out on that. I know the idea is they're hoping most people actually do miss out on it but what a dumb way to present it, hidden away in the quest menu

I'm pretty sure it didn't end tonight. Still a few more days. I just discovered it very recently, however.

Ah man.... this FF III event is so boring. I dont think I really even need anything from it but getting to 60k is taking awhile. 3 days left of half NRG too... and I have done a grand total of zero trials I wanted to finish. I should get a move on on that. Oh noes... Edel story event after maintenance? Damn, and then grinding ff iii still? What do I spend my nrg on I wonder.

Oh and I'm pretty packed with Lapis atm thanks to the world reset. Edel is a pretty good unit from what I hear. Should I pull? Her step up is pretty expensive.... and then there is also the 11 rainbow pull coming. Hmm, I better decide what I want to do. I'm not going all in on her step up if I decide to pull... that's for sure.

I feel like I have a pretty good roster now tho but I lack a lot of non magic attackers. Maybe Edel would be useful.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Oh and I'm pretty packed with Lapis atm thanks to the world reset. Edel is a pretty good unit from what I hear. Should I pull? Her step up is pretty expensive.... and then there is also the 11 rainbow pull coming. Hmm, I better decide what I want to do. I'm not going all in on her step up if I decide to pull... that's for sure.

I feel like I have a pretty good roster now tho but I lack a lot of non magic attackers. Maybe Edel would be useful.
edel's step-up is the best we've had in some time. single rainbow, a low ceiling - 36k guarantees you a 7* edel - a unit who is more than capable of handling content from now until next year, et cetera. it's easy to go 40-50k into a double rainbow banner without getting a single copy of your desired unit.

that said, her mechanics make her a middling choice for clearing trial content quickly and if you have other units who are due for enhancements in the near future (esther and elena come to mind) you'll likely be fine skipping her.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, cool! This passive view screen is handy.

1) Open units screen
2) Tap Details
3) Tap on the right arrow (blue)
4) Admire your stat boosts and TDH (mag/atk/spr)
5) Click the + and check out your killers, LB fill per turn, evasion, and more

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This game badly need a refresh friend button, every Xuan I see are geared for Stone Killer haha.

EDIT : and done with that.

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Man I dont think I can even stomach this story anymore and it just started, it's just painful.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Claic seems excited for Edel (and her step up is great) but fuck that unit honestly. Terrible mechanics taking 7 turns to ramp her damage up. She doesn't seem like the next jump in meta damage dealers to me to be honest. And this is about the time of year when all Gumi drops lots of new GLEX units on us (remember the popularity vote, didn't Elena win that?) so I'm saving my lapis. Chair Rain still rules IMO

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
Claic seems excited for Edel (and her step up is great) but fuck that unit honestly. Terrible mechanics taking 7 turns to ramp her damage up. She doesn't seem like the next jump in meta damage dealers to me to be honest. And this is about the time of year when all Gumi drops lots of new GLEX units on us (remember the popularity vote, didn't Elena win that?) so I'm saving my lapis. Chair Rain still rules IMO

We also totally expect Esther to have some buffs next Easter, so my guess is Edel won't stay for super long on top of the DPS food chain.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
She's still very good, compared to the non GLEX content we'll get, but I don't think I can go back to low HP damage dealers.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I did two laps and only got one of her. Used coins for the prism. After the 11 rainbows tomorrow, I'll be back to be broke. Gonna have to save up for Easter.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly any of the recent strong damage dealers will see you through to fall whether it's King Rain, GLEX units or Edel. Possibly longer but there will be some bad ass units coming out later in the year that will tempt most whether it's the Esper units or nostalgic super powerful favorites like CG Cloud and CG Squall. The nice thing about not having to bother with a damage dealer for a while is that you can concentrate on upgrading the other roles that don't get power crept every 5 seconds :P Bring me Rikku!

What the heck is the deal with the MK not selling a UoC ticket for this event? First they take away the other tickets and now the UoC? The tickets were the only thing I really cared about that he sold! Shortest grind ever except that there's still the need to hit 60k EP. I hope we see the UoC back on the next MK event...

Has anyone tried the 2* Asura fight yet? I'll check out the reddit thread but curious if it's around 2* Bahamut difficulty or easier. In any case, a better version of her materia is a tasty enough carrot for me to take her out at some point. Too many other things to spend NRG on at the moment though.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
What the heck is the deal with the MK not selling a UoC ticket for this event? First they take away the other tickets and now the UoC? The tickets were the only thing I really cared about that he sold! Shortest grind ever except that there's still the need to hit 60k EP. I hope we see the UoC back on the next MK event...
we already got 2 UoC tickets in february.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget the free lapis summon.

Im so fed up of Gumi and its constant bugs.

I did summon 1 hour before game day change on this Lapis summon. Now that fucker sayd that I have already summoned after game day changed. Restarting app doesn't fix it.

I think they fixed it, since after doing resummon banner, Lapis summon banner was again pullable.

Last edited:

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
The 11 rainbow summon was alright for me. I managed to get:
1st WoL Krile, 5th Seaside Nichol, 6th King Rain, 1st Beryl, ??? Nagi (I think my 6th?), 2nd CP Noctis, 3rd Cid, 2nd Karlette, 1st MM Xon, 6th Auron, and 4th Citra.

Today's 5* ticket for me my 4th Sol which I am happy about. Earlier today I also managed to get a random 4th Chocobo Fina and 4th Red XIII. Three nice STMRs in one day.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
5* EX: 6th Mediena
KM 5*: 2nd Knight Delita
11 rainbow summon was not great (though it could've been worse):
CP Noctis (1st)
Golbez (2nd)
Machina (3rd)
Awakened Rain (1st)
Jecht (1st)
Sylvie (6th)
WoL (3rd)
Circe (2nd)
PG Lasswell (2nd)
Fid (2nd)
Olive (6th)

No STMRs, and Noctis/Fid are probably the only pickups that could be useful in a team... I'd have to UoC a Noctis prism and Regina's been doing just fine for me, so I'll be holding off.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
11 Summon for me was a bit rigged since I mostly got mostly units I didn't owned previously with a lot of unit awaiting for a STMR:

Operator Zyrus (2nd)
Karlette (2nd)
King Edgar (2nd)
Alola Lasswell (11st)
Fid (1st)
Exdeath (3rd)
Ardyn (1st)
Machina (1st)
Regina (1st)
CG Noctis (1st)
Hein (1st)

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I've gotten a few STMR's the past few weeks and I'm running low on cactuars and gil. I keep fusing two 7* before I get the STMR so I can raise the total number of 7* units awoken in hopes we get the expert missions (currently at 80) and I might just stop doing that.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten a few STMR's the past few weeks and I'm running low on cactuars and gil. I keep fusing two 7* before I get the STMR so I can raise the total number of 7* units awoken in hopes we get the expert missions (currently at 80) and I might just stop doing that.
I stopped doing this recently (I checked and I was at ~100), more because of the time/effort involved than the cost - unless I might want the unit's regular TMRs in the future. It's slightly better now that the skip button when leveling up actually skips everything.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
11k rainbow summon + EX ticket was borderline godly for me:

Kaito (4, 5) <-- Sweet STMR
Locke (4) <-- Ditto
Sieghard (8), <-- ROFL
Nalu (4) <-- Sure, I guess
DK Luneth (4) <-- Why not?
WL DFina (4) <--Kept the pair for self-chaining for now
Fid (3)
Xon (2) <-- Woot!
Crimson (1)
Firion (1)
AWOL (1)

Only needed a Cecil to make that a literally perfect roll.

Going to pass on Edel, as I'm decked on units for a good long time.

Tifa got really good enhancements (/rimshot), except that she's still locked to ancient DR frames and no D/T Cast. Still, spreadsheet people have her tenatively ranked as high as XWQL, and might slot into the #2 slot behind Edel (depending on where they cutoff her damage ramp for rating purposes). Crazy.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like we see our Rikku replacement already, damn CG Vaan, looking good! I'll still get Rikku since they are a ways apart from each other. I'm glad they went this route with Vaan instead of making him another damage dealer. Now I wonder if they will do FFVII next since the current CG Cloud is based on the movie, not his game and many of us have expected them to delay CG Cloud until the remake hits and with XII covering March, hmmm perfect alignment for VII in April. All the more so because it's the only mainline left if you don't consider AC taking the slot. They otherwise just have Tactics left to complete the run of CG Main Protagonists. I expect them to jump into CG Main Antagonists afterwards, we shall see. It would be smart to do that and then once that's completed, start doing CG versions of other popular protagonist units as that would keep people playing and pulling for a long time.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got a couple goodies from the 11 pull. 7 star Regina, CG Jake STMR, 7 star Sabin (+3rd, so close to STMR). Only new unit I got was the new Shadow. Was hoping for a Xon again and didn't hit him. He's just gonna be my chase unit for the rest of my time with the game I guess

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Man I dont think I can even stomach this story anymore and it just started, it's just painful.

The story is indeed a bit whack of Season 3 so far which is why I didn't talk about anything notable first chapter.....

personally for me the baby that appeared out of nowhere really was stupid. And Feener thinks she's super sexy when that's her other self that is :P Sounds like this season has a really cool theme and music but honestly besides Bruce I don't think I like this season so far. Mazurka is really quite annoying as well... and Fina is pretty stupid for believing in her but hey that's just Feener in general isn't it?

Going to do Madam Edel's story event later so hopefully that's a lot better. Should push me over 50k lapis... then i'll plan pulls from there. Probably will do the 11 rainbow and maybe a full step of Edel.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The 3rd season 3 10+1 got reset, at least I got one rainbow this time...

66f46f64-a7cd-4e54-b3ujkis.png
866bd295-3165-4e42-83h7jui.png
ec61e80d-5401-46e5-95xwkfa.png

Second MK 5* ticket was my first Sweet Nichol.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got one rainbow from my 10+1's too. Delita. Thanks for the 32 units I need to clean up Gumi lol, I might as well just not pull 10+1s

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
World reset part 2 is live, if you were about to miss it like me because it wasn't on maintenance day.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Watching walk thru for Maw of Malice (free party) and the dude in this video says "turn 3 is dangerous, blah blah if he buffs his atk/mag and nukes he can wipe you but it only happened once and I've cleared this 10 times" WHY HAVE I TRIED THIS 5 TIMES SO FAR AND HE BUFFS HIS ATK/MAG AND WIPES MY TEAM 5/5 TIMES?! I'm out of fuckin Bartz on my friend list to keep trying this stupid ass fight. I'm sick of this

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Got 2 rainbows from the 3 10+1s.. 2nd Palom+Porom, and 4th WoL.

I remembered that I got 7* Aiden from some pulls awhile back and started trying the Free Party trials again with him... makes a huge difference to have him vs Lenna with all the barriers & buffs. If I have the time and can find a LMDFina friend I think I can make Essence of Despair work; was trying with Elenas but the need to frequently dispel gets rid of the imperils making things a bit of a slog.

I put up my Tifa as a friend unit since I got her STMR and meh, why not - hard to find a DR chainer friend nowadays. If anybody doesn't have me, feel free to add me at 737,150,495 .