• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, this is the first event in a while that hasn't had tickets of any flavor available.
On the plus side, that means if you don't care about crafting the equipment (which is exclusive to these units) or grinding out a Ribbon from the farplane shop, there's no reason to run it.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Easy buy on that Omniprism bundle, and that'll enable me to chase a limited banner unit sometime in the future without fear of getting hosed by suspect step ups. Woulda paid 10k just for the prism, the rest of the tix are gravy. Love that bundle

Don't love the new daily quest system. They've shaved off another tiny drip of lapis (from the individual quests) and made the main chunk of lapis harder to obtain. This along with the reward wheel changes from last year is yet another straw on the camel's back of Gumi turning on their F2P players

There were a set of quests to go back and redo all the original Chamber of Fallen trials that I was working on before the MK even hit. I didn't realize those were limited time. So I missed out on like 200 or 300 lapis cause I was just about finished with them and didn't realize they were going away. Irritating

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Just used the 60k rainbow ticket from the MK and got Orlando #8 (lol 2nd useless STMR)

Then decided to pull only tickets on the FFX-2 banner to try for a lucky Rikku. Didn't even get to my 4-star tickets before I got Rikku. Took like 12 3-star tickets before I got her. Also snagged a 2nd Bartz a few tickets prior

Not sure what the most efficient way to get a 2nd one of her is. I guess I can pull the other dozen or so tickets I got. What's better using 8 of my 33 UoC tickets to get a prism, or potentially 25k lapis to get the guaranteed?

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Just used the 60k rainbow ticket from the MK and got Orlando #8 (lol 2nd useless STMR)

Then decided to pull only tickets on the FFX-2 banner to try for a lucky Rikku. Didn't even get to my 4-star tickets before I got Rikku. Took like 12 3-star tickets before I got her. Also snagged a 2nd Bartz a few tickets prior

Not sure what the most efficient way to get a 2nd one of her is. I guess I can pull the other dozen or so tickets I got. What's better using 8 of my 33 UoC tickets to get a prism, or potentially 25k lapis to get the guaranteed?
12k on the banner for a prism of your choice.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I think Im done with FFBE. Haven't logged for few days and haven't bothered to update the app at all.
Messy ui & loadings are the reason for it mostly and obviously the chaining mechanism you are forced to use in turn based phone game.

You will find me from discord tho, not leaving that place, so good community :).

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see you go, Rixa - but completely understandable. I've been on the fence about sticking with the game myself. Trying to play it less to figure that out.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I think Im done with FFBE. Haven't logged for few days and haven't bothered to update the app at all.
Messy ui & loadings are the reason for it mostly and obviously the chaining mechanism you are forced to use in turn based phone game.

You will find me from discord tho, not leaving that place, so good community :).

Sad to see you go. Catch you in Discord.

I have been on maintenance mode on this game, log in do some small random shit that takes no effort.
Maybe War of the visions will be more my speed with turn based.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Lately I'm also having more fun with DFFOO, FFBE is good but it's way too clunky with its menu and UI, the new daily quest system isn't going to help either.
After almost 4 years of playing you can say we got a fait bit of enjoyment out of it.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Lately I'm also having more fun with DFFOO, FFBE is good but it's way too clunky with its menu and UI, the new daily quest system isn't going to help either.
After almost 4 years of playing you can say we got a fait bit of enjoyment out of it.

Oh so true. Lately Ive been playing some low maintenance gachas. Cause I have always liked Puzzle Quest, been playing daily for few months (I have played it earlier too) Gems of War. Waiting for Wotv, maybe it will hook me or not. Time will show, there are other gachas too which Im waiting (Tales of Cancelia when ever it comes).

But yeah my days of FFBE are over.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
There's only so many times Gumi can make us all work (slightly) harder for (slightly) worse rewards before it chips away at our will to play

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

Sadly, all things must end, eventually. It's been a good run, Rixa.

Lately Ive been playing some low maintenance gachas. Cause I have always liked Puzzle Quest, been playing daily for few months (I have played it earlier too) Gems of War.

This is where the vast balance of my play time goes, moreso than FFBE these days. I've got nearly 4 years clocked onto my account there. Excellent low maintenance gacha match-3 RPG-lite game, even if the publisher these days is trying to screw that up.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
10+1 was complete garbage but I was pleasantly surprised to get the rare mod on my Tiger Fangs within 2 runs of it. I got a super neat roll too with lots of hp to make Edel more bulky. 3231 attack and 12k+ hp makes her so much better. Now I just need the 40% attack mod on her gun and I think I should be okay. Then I'll move on to Inari Broom for Elly.... yeah I know Elly is not great now (I wish she would get enchanced someday) but I still backup build her as my favourite unit in this game haha.

Still planning on getting Rikku even though Adventurer Locke is already built. Oh and dont forget to do your Kilika explorations..... I almost missed out yesterday. It's free lapis! It's still really shitty of Gumi to make more time limited bullshite but hey oh well.

I enjoy both but I really prefer DFFOO since it has no time limited story events and such plus less loading screens. FFBE can be a nightmare to navigate.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know about that but faced another one with curse ring as well so easy 5 wins haha.
Gumi knows nobody want to bother with the Arena.

scroll through the opponents until you see a 2* or 3* unit. these are almost always other people running cursed ring setups. if both of you are using them, then you will 'win' in the case of double suicide.
The irony is that if literally every person that participated in arena used a cursed ring team, nobody would ever lose.

The problem is there are still relatively few people using it and I can sometimes go a couple days without seeing an "obvious" CR team (usually showing a metal slime, or rabite, or some other scrub unit), so I'm definitely going to have days where I whip out the actual team and try and get a bunch of wins. It's just another minor annoyance adding up to making the system more work than it's worth (but I'm still going to do it cause I'm stupid)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Reddit sleuths confirming what I've been thinking all damn week

Some bullshit tbh. I'm just thinking about how many times I'm going to have to run this 40 nrg exploration to get enough mats for all the clothes and I'm not even done with Kimhari's STMR yet. I'll say again, I don't care if Gumi wants me to drop all my pots on this crap but I don't have 3 hours a day to click thru all these goddamned menus and battles to slowly grind event currency.... If they're going to nerf bonus rates, fucking fine, who cares, I'll gladly spend the NRG to farm the event if they're going to be jerks about, but make a difficulty above LGD that just takes my entire bar of NRG and converts in into the currency so I can be done in a single run. Way too much time wasted in this game repeating crap

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Reddit sleuths confirming what I've been thinking all damn week

Some bullshit tbh. I'm just thinking about how many times I'm going to have to run this 40 nrg exploration to get enough mats for all the clothes and I'm not even done with Kimhari's STMR yet. I'll say again, I don't care if Gumi wants me to drop all my pots on this crap but I don't have 3 hours a day to click thru all these goddamned menus and battles to slowly grind event currency.... If they're going to nerf bonus rates, fucking fine, who cares, I'll gladly spend the NRG to farm the event if they're going to be jerks about, but make a difficulty above LGD that just takes my entire bar of NRG and converts in into the currency so I can be done in a single run. Way too much time wasted in this game repeating crap
i don't disagree with anything in this post but i will say it is 100% worthwhile to drop a single bonus unit for a CG character who will use their LB every turn when autoing. i have no idea how many bonus mobs i've gotten because i just tap auto upon stage start and ignore it until i'm on the rewards screen. it's the best you can do (aside from quitting, which is the actual best)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
i don't disagree with anything in this post but i will say it is 100% worthwhile to drop a single bonus unit for a CG character who will use their LB every turn when autoing. i have no idea how many bonus mobs i've gotten because i just tap auto upon stage start and ignore it until i'm on the rewards screen. it's the best you can do (aside from quitting, which is the actual best)
You're probably right but I've got full bonus team and the stupid bonus staged are so rare I'm trying to get every last drop of currency out of each run, man this MK sucks

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
King mog 5* were disappointing kinda. Heavenly technician Lid #2 and White Lily Dark Feener #6. Figures I bench her for Lulu for the event and since she's one of my fav units.... comes back at me with a vengeance lol.

Now I guess I'll check out these Auxiliary quests.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Pulled Paine off my last 3* ticket I had so that was neat. I swear I get lucky with these 3* tickets and 4* more than 90% of the time gives me no rainbows. Paine isn't very good though and prob the worst of the 3 :(

Expert Missons, April 16th. Also Hell hath frozen and pigs have achieved liftoff

lol I started 7* ing mostly everything I have and this happens! Neat.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
lol I started 7* ing mostly everything I have and this happens! Neat.
I was going out of my way to 7 star everything before combining for STMRs for the longest time. I finally gave up and just started feeding the 5-star units raw cause I'd given up on expert missions ever showing up. I hope I don't regret it lol

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My philosophy is:

Is the unit a new 7* to me? If Yes then make it.

Otherwise, can I get a STMR? If Yes then make it.

I don't fuse two 7* to STMR anymore, I'm too lazy for that. My 7* count is probably around 140 or something.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
If expert still ends at 100 7*, I will immediately get all of the rewards.

I kinda hope that it goes further than 100 honestly...

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Amazon has app for FFBE: War of the Visions.

Play store its still Prereg for me.
If any of you is going to test it. Not sure who (if any) is doing the OT here for WotV. Servers should go live in 2h from this post.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Played the tutorial, I like the look of the game (definitely more cohesive than FFBE), the battle music is fantastic.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a reroll guide?

Tap million of times (so many taps during tutorial and only few skips) and try to get Mediena (best unit to have) and some other URs that are good Engelbert & Ayaka and aim for Golem summon.
Tutorial roll can be multiple UR or 0 UR.

For whales get many copies of Gilgamesh.

Non rooted = delete data.
Rooted delete some file (google the name of the file).

Also we do have channel in Discord for WotV talk.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It's terrible. Only way to reroll is to delete the app and reinstall. I'm at 5 reroll with complete junk.

edit: I got the rare for Edel's gun in item world finally.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm 2nd omniprism bundle in the shop. Same as last week's bundle... It's still a great value, but I don't know if I need to have more than 1 of them in my back pocket.... Still have 40k lapis after the last bundle and a lap on YRP's 12k but I think I might pass on this one

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Gumi is trying to run our lapis stash dry for real this time, something big is coming I guess.
One is good enough for me as well.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
that and a collab going on? Yeah they want money.

I got one rainbow on the FMA banner, my fifth CG Lid.

I hate off banners.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'll be buying the bundle again, I guess. I'm never much of a lap runner as small amounts of lapis, but I have about 20k available from the story yet and another 10-15k from other incomplete stuff, so seems worth.
Is there currently a WotV thread, as I couldn't find one, and I wanted advice on re-roll (Also, think I bound my account to something already, but wondered if there is a way to delete the data?)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be buying the bundle again, I guess. I'm never much of a lap runner as small amounts of lapis, but I have about 20k available from the story yet and another 10-15k from other incomplete stuff, so seems worth.
Is there currently a WotV thread, as I couldn't find one, and I wanted advice on re-roll (Also, think I bound my account to something already, but wondered if there is a way to delete the data?)
Yeah its on the front page of gaming side

www.resetera.com

War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Gacha Tactics

A spin-off of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, War of the Visions is inspired by the Final Fantasy Tactics series. First released in Japan it is now available worldwide on all the major app stores. The story takes place on the continent of Ardra on the world of Lapis, the primary setting of Final...

Maybe you have the OP on ignore? Sometimes I miss threads cause of that reason

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Yeah its on the front page of gaming side

www.resetera.com

War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Gacha Tactics

A spin-off of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, War of the Visions is inspired by the Final Fantasy Tactics series. First released in Japan it is now available worldwide on all the major app stores. The story takes place on the continent of Ardra on the world of Lapis, the primary setting of Final...

Maybe you have the OP on ignore? Sometimes I miss threads cause of that reason

Thanks! I have no idea how I didn't spot it, I even did a thread search and they're not ignore either... Well, thanks again anywho!

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I know DPS are a dime a dozen. And I know collab units don't get much support down the road. And I know being limited time sucks.

But all that aside, Edward Elric is the best DPS in the game right now. Highest damage over time, TONS of elemental flexibility, and a lot of elemental resists too.

People compare him to Awakened Onion Knight, but he does WAY more DPS that AOK. Edward is actually 32b. Odin Reagan is 35b to put that in perspective. And Edward covers FOUR elements.

If you need a DPS or a Tank, this banner is actually good. Plus you get the choice ticket and the Omniprism as safety nets. It's solid. Now, next week we might get GL exclusive OP units too. But you wouldn't be sad pulling these rainbows.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Consider it's also inherently harder to find collab friend units, especially after the initial few weeks after the banner. I had 7 star Erik since the last DQ banner, and he's been on top for damage dealers for a few months after that but I still use Chrain cause of his ubiquity (and utility)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm pretty pissed they restocked the omniprism bundle as I just bought mine last night after thinking it would go away. Fucking hell..... Gumi got me indeed.

To make matters worse... I pulled junk from the bundle tickets. Two guaranteed 5* were Lid #3 and Myra #1. I guess Myra is useful at 7*.... meh I feel like I wasted my lapis for sure. Should have did the step up X-2 before buying it. Oh well... time to make that lapis back and pull on the x-2 banner.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty pissed they restocked the omniprism bundle as I just bought mine last night after thinking it would go away. Fucking hell..... Gumi got me indeed.

To make matters worse... I pulled junk from the bundle tickets. Two guaranteed 5* were Lid #3 and Myra #1. I guess Myra is useful at 7*.... meh I feel like I wasted my lapis for sure. Should have did the step up X-2 before buying it. Oh well... time to make that lapis back and pull on the x-2 banner.

Worst case it's still 8 UoC for 10k lapis. If they had it on sale 3 more times I would buy it 3 more times. It's that damn good.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
For whatever reason, my Depart button is blacked out and I can't do any missions. Anyone having this issue?

Edit: I'm dumb. I sent my Xon on an expedition without noticing.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Silly me didn't read the announcements that FFX units are bonus in this FMA raid..... so I pretty much ran all my raid orbs on non bonus units lol rip.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
This banner broke me. 45 tickets and no Ed, not even one. I was actually willing to use an omni, but nope. I think im finally tapping out.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I spent down most of my stuff again and had some luck.
-Tickets on FFX-2: Got a 2nd FFX-2 Yuna. Still have 15 or so tickets left...
-Free 10 summon today: 3rd Squall
Bought the omniprism bundle again and...
2x 10+1s (forgot to spend the first) - 1st and 2nd Physalis, 1st Regis
2x 5*s - 3rd DK Cecil, 4th NG Jake

I guess between Yuna and Physalis, I've got some kind of TDW gun streak going here. Haven't looked into Physalis much yet, but Yuna seems like good.

Nice that there are so many bonus units for the raid; I'm a little short of max damage but the bonus nets me a total of ~6.5k coins per orb.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ended up getting the 2nd omniprism bundle. Too good to pass up. If they do it a 3rd time tho, gonna have to pass to preserve some of the lapis stash.

Glad I didn't get this thing for the tickets tho cause they were dogshit. All golds from the 10+1's and Orlando #9(!!!) from the EX ticket