• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Google leads me to this site where it shows auction lots? Not sure, but some works described as "print" but some as "acrylic on paper" etc.
http://www.artnet.com/artists/yoshitaka-amano/

Can't find any "official" info from japanese wiki :( He doesnt seem to keep website now? Only blog

Yeah, he sells lithographs through Art Viviant, but most of the originals I've found are in that superflat pop art style. Nothing wrong with that, just out of my price range and not the typical wispy, ethereal look I associate with him.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Good luck to you, what an awesome thing to add to your collection. No originals, but I have a few video game art prints through Cook & Becker plus some commissioned FFVII fan art and it's something I've never regretted and hope to add more to (C&B have a VIP Ni no Kuni II presale going on right now based on Ghibli animator Yoshiyuki Momose's work if anyone is interested in that)

Last edited:

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017

Those are the prints that you can buy, A2 size posters. They aren't signed or numbered unfortunately, but they are in his trademark style. Still hitting myself over the head for not seeing him at Crunchyroll Expo last year to get something signed.

I signed up on liveauctioneers.com and found previous bids. Looks like the top end is 50,000 USD for a 30x40 inch. and the low end is around 10,000-15,000 USD for a 20x20 inch. That being said, none of these fit the "fantasy" watercolor or ink work like the stuff IwazaruK7 posted.

yqxUlBJ.jpg

IwazaruK7

Oct 27, 2017
They aren't signed or numbered unfortunately

Oh, i see. Btw on that mandarake japanese site (dont have a link now) i saw some lithography with certificate of authentity, around 30 000 yen if i remember correct. Just sayin' to for conversation sake.

As for price examples on actual paintings, what is starting price btw? I dont know anything about that business so curious.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, i see. Btw on that mandarake japanese site (dont have a link now) i saw some lithography with certificate of authentity, around 30 000 yen if i remember correct. Just sayin' to for conversation sake.

As for price examples on actual paintings, what is starting price btw? I dont know anything about that business so curious.

A couple starting and ending final auction prices from the above:

240,000 HKD to 380,000 HKD (30,500 USD to 48,400 USD) for a 20x72 inch painting
300,000 NTD to 340,000 NTD (10,000 USD to 11,500 USD) for a 20x20 inch painting
380000 NTD to 420,000 NTD (12,000 USD to 14,000 USD) for a 19x27 inch painting

Of course, that doesn't include the buyer's fee and shipping from Asia.

Last edited:

IwazaruK7

Oct 27, 2017

I see, thanks.

Btw, regarding that link i gave before... There was an idea if you perhaps contact them to ask directly if originals can be obtained...
but now, seeing how its 100% in that auction thing.. then, no sense, perhaps.

Oh, and could you tell what artbooks of Amano you have, including those related to Final Fantasy? And your impressions of them.

Currently i only have this one (totally unrelated to ff or vampire d or guin? dunno, doesnt look like it fits any of big cycles he made), which is kind of small in size and not very comfortable as its also tiny, but it has interesting art and i m not sure that its also available in other books

Size reference...

images should work

Maybe someone can translate what is what

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
That kind of made me realize I've always had a play-through of some FF game or another running in the background for like, 20 years now. Nothing like being a fan of series from the 80s to make you feel old as heck :D

And I need to finish my latest X-2 run. Dragging my feet on it.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I see, thanks.

Btw, regarding that link i gave before... There was an idea if you perhaps contact them to ask directly if originals can be obtained...
but now, seeing how its 100% in that auction thing.. then, no sense, perhaps.

Oh, and could you tell what artbooks of Amano you have, including those related to Final Fantasy? And your impressions of them.

Currently i only have this one (totally unrelated to ff or vampire d or guin? dunno, doesnt look like it fits any of big cycles he made), which is kind of small in size and not very comfortable as its also tiny, but it has interesting art and i m not sure that its also available in other bookst

I might be wrong, but it looks like a book of personal work since I don't see anyone else's name on it. This ebay listing has image previews. Most of the images are available in other books. Some of the art might be for novels by Edogawa Ranpo, although that might just have been his style at the time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAPAN-Yosh...ions-Le-Roi-De-La-Lune-Art-Book-/302680155006

Jan 11, 2018
I don't have any major issues with the junction system itself, just that it should not be done in combination with scaleable enemy levels.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
After playing IX over ten times, I never realized Ipsen's Castle was a part of Terra.

I'm not sure if he's right about the rest of it being inside of Gaia or that Kuja was like a 6 or 7 year old ( I never met any children that act like that dude), but I think the Ipsen thing could be true. Video kind of goes on too long in my opinion. It's supposed to be about his origins, but he somehow ends up summarizing the whole game.

Oct 25, 2017
After playing IX over ten times, I never realized Ipsen's Castle was a part of Terra.

I'm not sure if he's right about the rest of it being inside of Gaia or that Kuja was like a 6 or 7 year old ( I never met any children that act like that dude), but I think the Ipsen thing could be true. Video kind of goes on too long in my opinion. It's supposed to be about his origins, but he somehow ends up summarizing the whole game.

Yeah.It was confirmed in the Ultimania. It also has similar architecture and the same kind of chests as Terra has.

Kuja is not 6 or 7 years old. What they meant was that he's emotionally stunted. He doesn't know how to handle his emotions and is prone to tantrums and such.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was stated in-game that Ipsen's Castle was originally from Terra and it 'came over' from when they tried to merge the two worlds or whatever the previous time?

Oct 25, 2017
It was stated that things came over during the merger, but I don't think it was technically explicitly stated that Ipsen's castle was one of them. It's obvious it is though. Zidane does mention needing to find clues on how to get to Terra while there, and the castle is described as being super ancient and nobody knows who built it.

SuperSunBro

Dec 29, 2017
Hello FFera. I got FF13 on Steam and the version available to me is Japanese audio only. As I understand it the English audio files are not available to me. Does anyone have a solution? I have found suggestions of getting it at other stores or getting the English audio somehow.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Headed back to Round 1 for more Theatrhythm All-Star Carnival. Bought me a Nesica card and this time I was open to more options. I got to play with others online and there was a raid feature where I had to play only FF 13 songs to encounter the raid boss, Orphan. That was pretty cool. I unlocked only one character. Didn't get to see all my choices cause once I saw Krile, I immediately chose her. Almost makes up for her not being available as DLC in Curtain Call in the West. Almost....

I also bought a couple of songs. It was mostly boss songs, like OWA and Heroes. Kinda disappointed the version of One Winged Angel is the original TRFF version that cuts out the opening and ending. If they can squeeze in the full version of Battle With Seymour in Carnival, they can do the same for OWA.

Not sure when I'll head back to play again. Maybe once a month. Especially now that the Nesica card saved my data.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I finally went back to FF6 iOS. Only missing Locke and Gogo, but still have plenty to do. What's the best grinding spot? Cactuars seem the best for AP and money, what about EXP?

I'm finally gonna beat the one Final Fantasy I have yet to finish even once before (terrible, I know, but I was at endgame in the GBA version but died atop Cultist Tower and never went back).

Oct 25, 2017
I finally went back to FF6 iOS. Only missing Locke and Gogo, but still have plenty to do. What's the best grinding spot? Cactuars seem the best for AP and money, what about EXP?

I'm finally gonna beat the one Final Fantasy I have yet to finish even once before (terrible, I know, but I was at endgame in the GBA version but died atop Cultist Tower and never went back).

Dinosaur Forest is probably the best for EXP. It's on the northeast corner of the map.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Question about the Cursed Shield: can I swap it around members, or once I stuck it on someone, that person is the one that needs to complete 255 battles?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I need a safe space after all the negativity going on lately, particularly in the "Dev on Reddit says..." thread.

I seriously can't believe some of the stuff reading from people. Hyperbole is nowhere near a strong enough word for it.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
I think I need a safe space after all the negativity going on lately, particularly in the "Dev on Reddit says..." thread.

I seriously can't believe some of the stuff reading from people. Hyperbole is nowhere near a strong enough word for it.
Man, ignore all this. All it will take is one trailer and everybody will be back to praising SE again. It's just the drought of info/footage that turns gamers into bloodthirsty sharks.

As for the safe space, there is always the Discord channel above your post.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Well, you were basically inviting some of that negativity by starting a thread with the words "hate" and "FF" in the title. :D

But yeah, this is a safe place and as Ishiro says, so is the Discord!

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, ignore all this. All it will take is one trailer and everybody will be back to praising SE again. It's just the drought of info/footage that turns gamers into bloodthirsty sharks.

As for the safe space, there is always the Discord channel above your post.

"Oh I never said they should cancel the Remake, I had total faith in Lord Nomura."

I wonder what we'll see more of when that time comes: the widespread denial or the doubling down.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, join and actually talk in the discord guys. It's dead. :(

No offense but every time I see one of you threads it's usually always regarding controversial/divisive FF topics aka 'What's going to happen to Tifa's boobs in the remake?' The fandom here is annoying but you seem to willing go into the lion's den every time.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seriously, join and actually talk in the discord guys. It's dead. :(

No offense but every time I see one of you threads it's usually always regarding controversial/divisive FF topics aka 'What's going to happen to Tifa's boobs in the remake?' The fandom here is annoying but you seem to willing go into the lion's den every time.

I like to have actual discussions, not drive-by "will the Remake take a thousand years or a million years?" posts.

The discussion about Tifa (not just her boobs but overall portrayal) went far more civil than i expected. If only more threads could be so often.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like to have actual discussions, not drive-by "will the Remake take a thousand years or a million years?" posts.

The discussion about Tifa (not just her boobs but overall portrayal) went far more civil than i expected. If only more threads could be so often.

I'm surprised by that but it's good to hear at least. The thread about Barret being a stereotype on the other site was pretty embarrassing.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised by that but it's good to hear at least. The thread about Barret being a stereotype on the other site was pretty embarrassing.

I won't lie, I am very interested to see what kind of discussions pop up when she's finally unveiled in a trailer.

One way or another, it will be interesting. Most of it will be terrible, but still.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now its Morning in Japan lets see If Square Will say anything about this incident or will ignore (most likely i believe)

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even if they responded (do they ever?), what difference would it make?

Either they admit the whole thing and people point "See, the project is doomed!" or they say everything is working well, stay tuned for new info and people will say "Don't believe their lies!"

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like this thread could ever reach 400 pages to get another OT lmao.

That's a really good OT title tho...Couldn't a mod change it for us since we don't have one? Idk the rules for this stuff.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Like this thread could ever reach 400 pages to get another OT lmao.

That's a really good OT title tho...Couldn't a mod change it for us since we don't have one? Idk the rules for this stuff.
Just wait until 7R is released... whenever that happens. :D

I think we'd need to pm a mod to change the title. I didn't notice we don't have one yet!