• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god at the Dissidia Stream. They started talking about Final Fantasy Record Keeper for the last bit. I like all the mobile games but seriously? A Dissidia Stream is promoting RK? LOL
Expecting FFVII Remake stuff is unrealistic when they're going all in for KH3, but I'm amazed that Left Alive and FFXV DLC were a no show at this year's E3. Whatever happened to that Comrades stand-alone edition? And still no PC version of FFVIII.

Then again, last year was the 30th anniversary of the series and the only thing they really did to celebrate it was to release The Zodiac Age but that was gonna happen regardless.
You mean PS4 right? Because VIII is on Steam :P

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Oh my god at the Dissidia Stream. They started talking about Final Fantasy Record Keeper for the last bit. I like all the mobile games but seriously? A Dissidia Stream is promoting RK? LOL

Doesn't the arcade version of Dissidia use a choral version of Clash on the Big Bridge composed for RK?
Crossover mobile games are sometimes used to help promote other titles, and I guess the "favor" must be returned once in a while.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, that's because, unlike Dissidia, RK is a good game. ;) as long as you don't care about story

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Oops! Yeah, you're right. My bad!
No worries! I was just wondering because if you had meant PC It would have been a nice surprise for you. xD

Doesn't the arcade version of Dissidia use a choral version of Clash on the Big Bridge composed for RK?
Crossover mobile games are sometimes used to help promote other titles, and I guess the "favor" must be returned once in a while.
There is nothing wrong with promoting other titles as long as it is short and to the point. However for this stream they brought a guest on and spent the last part JUST promoting Record Keeper and it's new updates and that's what I found hilarious. I love the game but a simple "Hey guys check out Record Keeper and it's new features. To quickly summarize, new styles of dungeons have been added that allow players to join the world of classic Final Fantasy heroes and assist them on their journey. Start today and receive 100 mythril as a gift." and then finish the stream with some minor talk of Dissidia. If you watched the stream, one of them only tried RK, the other was just RETURNING to Record Keeper and the third who was their to promote it kind of started stumbling trying to explain aspects later on. It was really weird.

Lol, that's because, unlike Dissidia, RK is a good game. ;) as long as you don't care about story
Don't get me wrong I love Record Keeper I just found it hilarious that a stream dedicated to Dissidia spent it's last portion promoting a completely different game. At least Opera Omnia is from the same series! :P

I don't own NT and only plan to purchase it once Rinoa is announced to show support for her inclusion. It's just a matter of when they will announce her which I estimate is next month.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There is nothing wrong with promoting other titles as long as it is short and to the point. However for this stream they brought a guest on and spent the last part JUST promoting Record Keeper and it's new updates and that's what I found hilarious. I love the game but a simple "Hey guys check out Record Keeper and it's new features. To quickly summarize, new styles of dungeons have been added that allow players to join the world of classic Final Fantasy heroes and assist them on their journey. Start today and receive 100 mythril as a gift." and then finish the stream with some minor talk of Dissidia. If you watched the stream, one of them only tried RK, the other was just RETURNING to Record Keeper and the third who was their to promote it kind of started stumbling trying to explain aspects later on. It was really weird.
This sounds hilarious and I'd be mad as hell if I were a Dissidia fan. Classic SE!

Honestly, I'm surprised they chose RK over BE, that game makes them billions.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded a mod for FFVIII on Steam that changed the faces for (I think) just the main party.

cRL4Gok.jpg

7tZlnp2.jpg

It's not perfect I guess but it'll be nice to play FFVIII with decent faces lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battle models only? Cool mod

It does both battle and field models but not the world map model. I don't know if it does all the characters or just the main party, I only played for a couple minutes to take some screenshots.

EDIT: Here's how it looks outside of battles:

I also got a mod that replaces the awful midi music with the original OST which is awesome.

Last edited:

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Final Fantasy VIII has some amazing mods. I use the above mentioned ones as well as one that gives the Guardian Forces high quality textures and a better looking world area.

Currently playing through Final Fantasy III on Steam and having a blast with it. I find it really fun so far and the music is gorgeous - one of my favorite world map themes imho.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing XIII-2 and it's actually a lot funner/better than I'd been lead to believe. I'm having a great time with it.

Jan 11, 2018
I've been playing XIII-2 and it's actually a lot funner/better than I'd been lead to believe. I'm having a great time with it.

XIII-2 is the most underrated FF game for sure. A lot of fun, if a bit on the easy side (most FF games are, but this one is almost too easy).

Caius, Noel and adult Hope are all legit great characters. Serah is fine too.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
XIII-2 is good stuff. Serah and Noel had great friendly chemistry and I don't care what anyone says, I liked Mog lol.

Snow's redesign in that game was bonkers though.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I need to actually continue XIII-2, it took me 7 years to complete XIII (because of how bored I was) that I then moved onto XIII-2 immediately and only did a bit of the beach section?
I think I bought all of the DLC too, I can't remember lmao. I've heard good things about the game though.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
It's odd they still haven't remastered the XIII trilogy. I wonder if stuff like the vocal tracks or the licensing of that Leona Lewis song (lol) is holding it back. Lightning seems more genuinely popular than ever, I would think fans would be interested in revisiting those games.

Last edited:

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's odd they still haven't remastered the XIII trilogy. I wonder if stuff like the vocal tracks or the licensing of that Leona Lewis song (lol) is holding it back. Lightning seems more genuinely popular than ever, I would think fans would be interested in revisiting those games.
I don't really find it that odd since they seem to be going in order of release (X then XII) and the TZA was just released last year so imagine there will be a break before we hear anything about a remaster for the XIII games. They also announced the X remaster way too early and remedied that by waiting to announce XII (even though someone accidentally revealed it was happening at Distant Worlds early lol) so imagine they're probably waiting.

Jan 11, 2018
I don't really find it that odd since they seem to be going in order of release (X then XII) and the TZA was just released last year so imagine there will be a break before we hear anything about a remaster for the XIII games. They also announced the X remaster way too early and remedied that by waiting to announce XII (even though someone accidentally revealed it was happening at Distant Worlds early lol) so imagine they're probably waiting.

That someone was Arnie Roth, lol!

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Weneed remasters for the XIII sequels because they dont run great on any platform including PC.

I tried playing XIII-2 on PC and even at 720p i couldnt get it at a stable 30 FPS. My PC runs Arkham City at 1080/60.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah, they could be waiting on it for the second half of next year, after KHIII is out. A remaster seemed like a shoe-in for the 'big year of Final Fantasy' and next year will be XIII's 10-year anniversary so the timing seemed about right for it but that could still all line-up if they do announce it late this year for a summer or fall 2019 release.

Jan 11, 2018
I also feel like they've tried to distance themselves from those games during this gen. I think they're aware that people had grown tired of seeing Lightning & friends, even those who liked the games.

palazuelos

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I am going to start playing FF IV on my SNES mini. While searching for patches to avoid censorship or bad translation I came across the Namingway Edition, but I don't know is the patch restores the japanese difficulty, spells, items and combat 100%. I mean, is the japanese version combat or the EasyType? I know the PSP version is probably better, but I prefer to play it in the SNES.

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to start playing FF IV on my SNES mini. While searching for patches to avoid censorship or bad translation I came across the Namingway Edition, but I don't know is the patch restores the japanese difficulty, spells, items and combat 100%. I mean, is the japanese version combat or the EasyType? I know the PSP version is probably better, but I prefer to play it in the SNES.

I'm not sure about that version. Seems like a lot of trouble to modify a butchered version of the game to resemble the original when you could just play the English patched version of the Japanese SNES version.

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing FFXIV after being pretty moved by noclip's documentary on the death of 1.0 and development of ARR. I'd been meaning to for a while but the doc was so awesome i felt like throwing money at Yoshida immediately (i didnt know him before and after watching, i think his work managing XIV is straight up legendary. That has to be the craziest development story of all time.) and i did throw money at them by getting it on ps4 pro then realizing my pc could hold 1080p60 maxed and getting it on the steam sale lol

A lot of my time is spent doing usual MMO stuff but it just feels so cohesive and immersive to me in a way other MMOs haven't. And when the main story progresses and the events of the last game are referred to, I get super psyched for it. I think if I didnt know the whole back story, it wouldnt be eliciting these feelings, but as far as I'm concerned the real life events surrounding development and the game's story are inextricable. It feels less like a Final Fantasy theme park (as ive heard it described before) and more like a just very fleshed out and well realized mainline FF game. 100x more NPCs, more detail and lore than I can handle, and maybe because it has all that room to grow, it doesnt feel like its just throwing random nouns and uneven story beats at you at too fast of a pace. I havent played XV, so I'm thinking more of XIII trilogy and its batshit disregard of... everything (but before it sounds like I'm complaining, I've actually come around to loving that trilogy for all of its many flaws and questionable but interestingly experimental design decisions. It's adorably fucked up and a good monument to S-E's FF development last gen, but thats a story for another time.)

Anyway, thats my story. Hopefully it stays this impressive.

And if you somehow missed that doc, start here:

Last edited:

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
I started playing FFXIV after being pretty moved by noclip's documentary on the death of 1.0 and development of ARR. I'd been meaning to for a while but the doc was so awesome i felt like throwing money at Yoshida immediately (i didnt know him before and after watching, i think his work managing XIV is straight up legendary. That has to be the craziest development story of all time.) and i did throw money at them by getting it on ps4 pro then realizing my pc could hold 1080p60 maxed and getting it on the steam sale lol

A lot of my time is spent doing usual MMO stuff but it just feels so cohesive and immersive to me in a way other MMOs haven't. And when the main story progresses and the events of the last game are referred to, I get super psyched for it. I think if I didnt know the whole back story, it wouldnt be eliciting these feelings, but as far as I'm concerned the real life events surrounding development and the game's story are inextricable. It feels less like a Final Fantasy theme park (as ive heard it described before) and more like a just very fleshed out and well realized mainline FF game. 100x more NPCs, more detail and lore than I can handle, and maybe because it has all that room to grow, it doesnt feel like its just throwing random nouns and uneven story beats at you at too fast of a pace. I havent played XV, so I'm thinking more of XIII trilogy and its batshit disregard of... everything (but before it sounds like I'm complaining, I've actually come around to loving that trilogy for all of its many flaws and questionable but interestingly experimental design decisions. It's adorably fucked up and a good monument to S-E's FF development last gen, but thats a story for another time.)

Anyway, thats my story. Hopefully it stays this impressive.

And if you somehow missed that doc, start here:

Loved that documentary and I totally get that feeling of wanting to throw money at XIV. For me it happened almost 5 years ago as 2.0 was launching, after watching this:

My subscription never lapsed since. Yoshi P is the best.

Oct 27, 2017
Loved that documentary and I totally get that feeling of wanting to throw money at XIV. For me it happened almost 5 years ago as 2.0 was launching, after watching this:

My subscription never lapsed since. Yoshi P is the best.

Yeah that clip made me so damn proud of the guy and his team. They were probably just in "go go go" mode for over two years straight and then it hit him that they may have actually pulled it off.

Just wait until you reach Heavensward. That's when the story goes from being "good for an MMO" to being top tier FF plot.

Ive read before that ARR is decent but then it gets way better with HS. How about stormblood?

Edit: my only real criticism right now is that could use more graphical options. It has its moments but IQ is not too clean even maxed at 1080p. Whenever i upgrade my hw to modern times, the 4k bump will hopefully clean it up quite a bit.

Im guessing it got a graphical bump when ps3 was cut off? but now ps4 pro is struggling to stay 60 at 1080p. My ever faithful 970gtx and i5 2500k combo holding up like a champ though ;_;7

Last edited:

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that clip made me so damn proud of the guy and his team. They were probably just in "go go go" mode for over two years straight and then it hit him that they may have actually pulled it off.

Ive read before that ARR is decent but then it gets way better with HS. How about stormblood?

Edit: my only real criticism right now is that could use more graphical options. It has its moments but IQ is not too clean even maxed at 1080p. Whenever i upgrade my hw to modern times, the 4k bump will hopefully clean it up quite a bit.

Im guessing it got a graphical bump when ps3 was cut off? but now ps4 pro is struggling to stay 60 at 1080p. My ever faithful 970gtx and i5 2500k combo holding up like a champ though ;_;7
Stormblood is like heavensward but stretched out. In my opinion the zones are too big and the game outstays it's welcome. Still very good though.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right y'all. I'm leaving resetera! Not trying to do a big attention seeking exit, but felt I needed to say goodbye to someone, and this seemed like the best place. Enjoy your FFs and don't forget FF7 is the best one.

OP
OP
Eleriu

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Right y'all. I'm leaving resetera! Not trying to do a big attention seeking exit, but felt I needed to say goodbye to someone, and this seemed like the best place. Enjoy your FFs and don't forget FF7 is the best one.

Farewell Jack. Take care on any future adventures and don't forget to bring a towel!

Oct 25, 2017

But who will join me in my quest for FF trophy supremacy now? lol

Bye I guess. You find a better FF forum or something?

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

the moment to moment in XIII-2 was really really fun to play through, even though the story was ass.

FFX-2 was the exact same way.

I always say that X-2 and XIII-2 are actually the closest to feeling like the oldschool (SNES/PSX anyway) FF games than any of them.